HGD Stéphanie, Current Events Part 1: October 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Radiant appearance by HGD Stephanie. The Facebook comments are very complimentary.:)

Great to see two Belgian-born aristocrats form ancient families sitting together. What a shame that the Belgians do not have the habit to "fleur" it a bit when there are royal guests. When Queen Beatrix hired the same concert hall for her "counter-gift" during her State Visit to Belgium, she ordered the loge to be decorated with flowers. That is more standard practice at the northern neighbours (Netherlands): little effort, great effect. Now the two lovely ladies "faded away" in a gloomy cold loge in the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels, which is really already not one of the most pleasant concert halls, to use an understatement. It has a cold, sombre feel. Just a suggestion.

:flowers:

There were flowers there, Duc. The names of the flowers are Stéphanie and Mathilde ;)

Seriously, imo, it's just all right for me that there were no flowers or any adornments in that viewing box. It looks gloomy for you but for me, it looks classic.

The concert hall was opened in 1928, for a great part underground and in (then "modern") concrete, giving it a cold underground parking feel. There were some plans to improve it but sadly the Belgians lack budget to do it properly. For sure, with the knowledge that at various evenings royals will listen to the music, they could have added some nice flowers. Cost nothing but improves a lot.

:flowers:

There were flowers there, Duc. The names of the flowers are Stéphanie and Mathilde ;)

Seriously, imo, it's just all right for me that there were no flowers or any adornments in that viewing box. It looks gloomy for you but for me, it looks classic.

I agree, just right as it was, the main focus should be on the stage anyway, so no need to try to attract the attention to the royal loge with overly excessive decoration. The fact that the royal guests attend gives enough "cachet" without having to resort to other means :flowers:

It was time, after almost three years of wedding, she is at least attending alone an event!!

You are not correctly informed melina-premiere. This is the HGD's third solo event since her wedding two years and and 8 months ago.

The first was in Japan last year, the other was at a museum, and this recent event was the third one.

Last edited:
You are not correctly informed melina-premiere. This is the HGD's third solo event since her wedding two years and and 8 months ago.

The first was in Japan last year, the other was at a museum, and this recent event was the third one.

Not sure if it is what category of events it falls... In addition, she has stepped in for her mother-in-law during a state visit by the German President when she accompanied the German first lady to a number of events when the Grand Duchess was still recovering from her knee surgery.

Really? That's wonderful. I've read...elsewhere...that the HGD has never stepped in for her mother-in-law.:cool:

Thanks SydneyLux!;) I am rooting for Stephanie just as I did for Charlene. And I am 100% certain that Stephanie's detractors will soon be having egg on their faces- just like Charlene's.

In fact it's happening already.:lol:

Last edited:
Yes, during the first day they visited the Péitrusshaus Shelter and on the second day Stéphanie showed Daniela Schadt around Luxembourg city.

Luxarazzi : State Visit from Germany - Day 1
Luxarazzi : State Visit from Germany - Day 2

I mean, people only see and notice what they want so see and notice... :whistling:

Guillaume and Stéphanie actually did a bunch of events around that time that would have been Maria-Teresa's if she had been well.

:previous:

wow, that is looking great on her - making a good shape!
BYe Bine

that's great news, is this stephanie's first patronage on her own?

Third patronage.
Amis des Musées d'Art et d'Histoire Luxembourg since March 2013
University of Luxembourg's Centre for Systems Biomedicine's (LCSB)Scienteens Lab since May 2014
President of MUDAM since January 29, 2016

Luxarazzi: New Patronage for the Hereditary Grand Duchess reported her Scienteens Lab patronage and mentions the first.

Stephanie's also a member on the board of the Fondation du Grand-Duc et de la Grande-Duchesse since her marriage so if you count that, she's got 4 patronages.

Last edited:
Stephanie gave an interview to Télécran which appears Wednesday. Wort has some excerpts:
"We are very fortunate to live in a country where one is constantly investing in the culture, which allows us to have many museums and exhibitions of very high level."

In the interview, the young nobleman, who will celebrate her 32nd birthday on Thursday, not only on their social commitment is one, but also on her personal life: "For my husband and me, it is important as often as possible to find time for us and to meet with our friends and family. "

Luxemburger Wort - Stéphanie: "Ich habe den Puls der Luxemburger gespürt"

Google translation: https://translate.google.com/transl...t-56c33d990da165c55dc52d60&edit-text=&act=url

Before their wedding in 2012, heir apparent Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and his wife Princess Stéphanie said they wanted to wait a few years before starting a family. It seems that the couple are still not ready to become parents, as Stéphanie revealed in a recent interview.

Speaking to French magazine Point de Vue on the occasion of her 32nd birthday, Stéphanie said: "I don't have any plans to become a mother. For the moment, I'm enjoying spending time with my husband."
Read more: Princess Stéphanie of Luxembourg has no plans to become a mother yet

It is quite surprising. I have bought PdV for the lovely interview with HGD Stéphanie and although I read it twice, I did found nowhere these sentences. Maybe there have been different versions of the interview in the belgian PdV. Or I misread. But I just re-read the interview.

Wort translated parts of Stephanie’s PdV interview and noted the same issue. I’m glad for their translation since I don’t subscribe or buy the magazine. It was an excellent interview.
“At no point in the article does she refer to any decisions about being a mother, as was suggested in a recent "Hello" article.”
Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg princess describes marriage to Prince Guillaume

Stephanie declined to answer baby questions in another interview for Le Jeudi.
“Je ne souhaite pas répondre à cette question. Ça va être la surprise…”
Stéphanie zum Nachwuchs: Ça va être la surprise | Tageblatt

Wort translated parts of Stephanie’s PdV interview and noted the same issue. I’m glad for their translation since I don’t subscribe or buy the magazine. It was an excellent interview.
“At no point in the article does she refer to any decisions about being a mother, as was suggested in a recent "Hello" article.”
Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg princess describes marriage to Prince Guillaume

Stephanie declined to answer baby questions in another interview for Le Jeudi.
“Je ne souhaite pas répondre à cette question. Ça va être la surprise…”
Stéphanie zum Nachwuchs: Ça va être la surprise | Tageblatt

Thanks. I am glad I did not misread but my hearts break for the HGD when I am reading her words about baby questions. I don't want to give the impression to speculate but, well, as an infertile woman who met a lot of infertile couples, there are words and eyes I have heard and learnt to interpret. I do sincerely hope I am wrong and, would the HGD really struggle with infertility issues, they will be able to be themselves and prove they have other qualities so that they are not always referred like the "infertile couple".

You know, it is not entirely out of the real of possibility that she is perfectly fertile. Maybe, just maybe, she is not particularly maternal or She is just not interested in being a mother. Not every female is programmed that way and that is perfectly fine and besides if she chooses to be child free they have heirs in the ready.

You know, it is not entirely out of the real of possibility that she is perfectly fertile. Maybe, just maybe, she is not particularly maternal or She is just not interested in being a mother. Not every female is programmed that way and that is perfectly fine and besides if she chooses to be child free they have heirs in the ready.

I highly doubt a catholic countess would have wed a catholic hereditary grandduke with the will to remain childfree. The marriage would be null and void according to catholic rules.

Back
Top Bottom