HGD Stéphanie, Current Events Part 1: October 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree with you 4Pam, Stephanie is extremely modest in her dress sense.

I agree 4Pam, I don't think Stephanie is frumpy, has bad taste and many other things I've read here in the forum. I've seen her chosen quite some beautiful and fashionable items. I don't get the vibe that SHe doesn't care. I think she cares, she's polished, chooses beautiful clothes, accessories etc. But she's modest, which may reflect her personality but also her faith and the way she sees life.

Modest - Hopefully not, if it comes to glittering events and jewelry.... then I want to see ther sparkle - with everything, which is in the Luxemburg vaults! Hope she follows her mother-in-law in this case :angel:
BYe Bine

I applaud Stephanie for dressing in a conservative and modest style. It definitely strikes me that she's more oriented towards being comfortable, and maybe seeing how the press is always praising (or trashing) some of the other princesses when it comes to their dress, and paying little to no attention to the causes they're supporting, she may have come to a conclusion that dressing down and allowing her charities and causes to do the talking she may be able to make a difference. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Catherine, Mary, and other royal ladies dress to (almost) impress when out on public duties, but I do wish that the focus (in case of Catherine) would be on the charity and not the wardrobe.

I think Stephanie is pretty stylish. Not in the same way as Mary, Kate, MM, Letizia or Maxima but in her own way. She's just more modest that the other CP's.

She's not as haute couture as her peers, but she has her moments. I really liked that pale green evening gown she wore to Christoph and Adelaide's wedding dinner.

I too like her conservative and modest style. I would get better tailoring for her slacks, but even they are OK. I think her hair would look better pulled up or pulled back. It becomes wispy hanging down in front. I agree with the general tone of approval here for her different way of dressing than most crown princesses.

I too like her conservative and modest style. I would get better tailoring for her slacks, but even they are OK. I think her hair would look better pulled up or pulled back. It becomes wispy hanging down in front. I agree with the general tone of approval here for her different way of dressing than most crown princesses.

I think people need to remember she's a good 12+ years younger than her counterparts. Give her time to adjust to her new role. She will find her own style, just like her predecessor, GD MT did.

maybe we need to be more patient, she's only just married into the lux family. it may take some time for her to find her own style, but i'm sure she will get all the support she needs to be a great representative of luxembourg. i am happy she's not a clothes horse. her future work will be far more important and i'm looking forward to seeing her getting more and more involved in the not too distant future. that way people will concentrate more on what she does and less on what she wears. but her appearances are quite rare as of now, so people have interest in seeing what she wears and how she behaves. that will all be a second interest when we get to see her doing activities more often.

as bine says, i just hope she sparkles up for her gala appearances. and from what we've seen at her wedding gala, i'm sure she will.

let's not forget that tessy seemed much more conservative when she married into the luxembourg family. maybe the same will happen with stephanie. she just needs some time to settle.

Modest - Hopefully not, if it comes to glittering events and jewelry.... then I want to see ther sparkle - with everything, which is in the Luxemburg vaults! Hope she follows her mother-in-law in this case :angel:
BYe Bine

Thank you for that link, marine2109 - a lovely set of photos.

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie had her first solo engagement

Luxarazzi : Stéphanie's First Solo Engagement

After 2 years?

Yes I agree, I also found it unusual that Stephanie has only just had her first solo engagement. I wonder why she has left it late - perhaps she didn't feel confident enough on her own in the past, but now feels that she's ready.

That aside, she looks lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes I agree, I also found it unusual that Stephanie has only just had her first solo engagement. I wonder why she has left it late - perhaps she didn't feel confident enough on her own in the past, but now feels that she's ready.

That aside, she looks lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She doesn't hold the record, however. That would be Letizia at 2 1/2 year wait, with Mette-Marit the champ at 3 1/2.:cool:

Meanwhile Stephanie has also completely mastered the difficult dialect of her new country in less than two years. Princess Charlene of Monaco still cannot manage French after a decade and for that matter I don't believe Catherine Duchess of Cambridge can speak the language of the principality whose name she will bear someday...Welsh, even though she married over three years ago.

Anyway, great article Sydney...thank you;)!

Last edited:
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie had her first solo engagement

Luxarazzi : Stéphanie's First Solo Engagement

After 2 years?

I think she went through a really tough time after here marriage, she was grieving the death of her mother just right before her marriage and in reading about her family, she was very close to her. With that, and trying to find her way in her new position in her marriage, she has had to develop more self confidence to get out there. She looks great and it is nice to see that maybe finally she is coming into her own with is new life. I have always liked her, she is a very beautiful lady and sometimes her choice of clothing leaves me shaking my head, yet she is coming out and learning to do what is important.

Letitzia and mette marit were busy deliverying heirs at two years

No, Mette-Marit was not busy delivering heirs at two years. She was living in London with Haakon as a student for her first couple of years as a Royal and some Norwegians were not thrilled. She returned to Oslo full time upon the announcement of her first pregnancy with Ingrid-Alexandra. I-A wasn't born until January 2004.

As for Letizia, the Court announced her solo calendar for the first time late in 2006, after she had also been married 2 1/2 years and was pregnant with Sofia. BTW, up till then there had been just as much sniping online about her lack of solo appearances as there has been with Stephanie.

In any case, the business of producing heirs does not preclude solo engagements. Many Royal women past and present have managed both.

Last edited:
Stephanie speaks Luxembourgish?

Yes, quite fluently now. She granted a sit down interview last summer completely in Luxembourgish. I am certain there is a transcript of it over at Luxurazzi, and perhaps even some video.

10-3-2015

HGD Stéphanie visite de la nouvelle aile Wiltheim du Musée National d’Histoire et d’Art

Monarchie:

Visite de la nouvelle aile Wiltheim du Musée National d’Histoire et d’Art - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Mars 2015

WORT:

Princess Stéphanie's exclusive tour of new museum wing.

http://www.wort.lu/en/panorama/luxe...r-of-new-museum-wing-550017660c88b46a8ce55284

Erbgroßherzogin Stéphanie schaute vorbei

http://www.wort.lu/de/lokales/natio...hanie-schaute-vorbei-54fef9640c88b46a8ce5518a

Last edited:
Good on her ! She is really lovely and likeable !

I got here after accidentally stumbling upon some blogs with people insulting her fashion style and having no baby yet. It was painful to read.

I like Stéphanie. For me, her style is classicaly elegant. I would be very glad if she won't change. Also, I hope she won't be criticised for not having a baby yet. This "blackmailing" and pressuring of her to conceive reminds me of Queen Fabiola of Belgium's.

Last edited:
I got here after accidentally stumbling upon some blogs with people insulting her fashion style and having no baby yet. It was painful to read.

I like Stéphanie. For me, her style is classicaly elegant. I would be very glad if she won't change. Also, I hope she won't be criticised for not having a baby yet. This "blackmailing" and pressuring of her to conceive reminds me of Queen Fabiola of Belgium's.

Agree, maybe she is not so brilliant fashionista like other princesses but she's clearly an individual. While talking about baby, I think we could not judge anyone especially not having any information on this subject.

Stephanie has her good days fashion wise, and she has bad days. Some of them very bad indeed.

But the idea of anyone-particularly the idea of a woman-mocking another woman for being childless is so ugly and contemptible as to be beyond comprehension. How do we know what's going on? How do we know they haven't been trying?

I love Princess Stephanie. Fashion wise- she's like all of us, some good days, and some really bad days. I would love for them to have a baby, but what does that matter? It's between her husband, her and God. If she has a child, or if she never has a child is really none of my business and it certainly doesn't decrease how much I really like this young woman - or her ability to be a fantastic Grand Duchess when that time comes.

I'm on team Stephanie!

I agree with everyone of you! After all, real beauty is what the eyes don't see - it's in the heart and mind of that person. But... Stéphanie is already very beautiful physically! Very lucky lady <3
Actually, Henri and MT's Daughters in law are all very beautiful inside and out! Their sons have 20/20 vision!

About the baby... who knows, they might even have more than 5 babies given the fact she and Guillaume come from big families! And how good-looking those babies would look like I am already imagining - their parents are heavenly-looking themselves!

Oh if you only saw those trash talk those people were doing... you could just say they're so bored with their lives that they have the nerve to judge her soo unfairly. It's as if they could do better than Stéphanie~

Anyway, I'm very happy with how she is able to master Letzeburgesch. (I'm sure she has become better! Very intelligent!)
I looked it up and it absolutely seems to me that even if I become fluent at it, I'd be writing every document I have to make with hundreds of misspelled words!

Last edited:
I agree. I see her as highly intelligent, probably not that worldly. Others have said she looks cold/haughty around people of a lower rank but that is garbage. People see what they want, she looks pretty much the same around everyone. Naturally if you are photographed with friends and acquaintances your demeanor will be different. It doesn't mean that you have contempt for the others. Many of the people who post such things are extremely unhappy and bitter about their circumstances in life....it's called PROJECTION in psychological terms.:whistling:

I am hoping we hear happy news from she and Guillaume very soon.

Back
Top Bottom