HGD Guillaume & HGD Stéphanie FAQ

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Nassau_Weilburg.gif

Welcome to the thread about frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume.

Before posting, please note the following:

1) Check that your question has not been answered
2) Respect the privacy of the royal(s) in question
3) Respect the Rules of TRF
4) Avoid empty posts, they will be deleted without notice
5) Have fun and enjoy this thread

Last edited:
General Information

Full Given Name: Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie

Date of Birth: November 11, 1981​

Place of Birth: Grand Duchess Charlotte Maternity Hospital, Luxembourg​

Parents: TRH the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg​

Siblings: Prince Felix, Prince Louis, Princess Alexandra and Prince Sebastien​

Titles: Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince of Nassau, Prince of Bourbon-Parma​

Position in the Luxembourg Succession: First in Line​

Religion: Catholic​

Baptism: December 2, 1982​

Godparents: Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg, Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg and Archduchess of Habsburg

Godfather to: Prince Sebastien of Luxembourg, Prince Paul-Louis of Nassau, Prince Emmanuel of Belgium, Princess Ariane of the Netherlands, Noah de Nassau

Height: ~ Between 170cm and 180cm​

Languages Spoken: Luxembourgish, French, German, English, Spanish​

Interests: Politics and economics; music, both classical and modern; theatre; football, tennis, skiing, swimming and other water sports​

Astrological Star Sign: Scorpio​

Last edited:
Education, Military Career, Royal Patronages and Royal Duties

Education:
The HGD took his primary school education in Lorentzweiler.
The HGD then went on to do his high school education at the Lycée Robert-Schumann in Luxembourg and at the Collège Alpin Beausoleil in Switzerland.
The HGD studied at the University of Durham and Brunel University in England, where he completed a Bachelor of Science Degree in International Politics.
The HGD is currently studying geopolitics in Switzerland.

As part of his studies, the HGD has done several internships around Europe:
-Belgian Chemical Union (2003)
-Deutsche Bank, London (2004)
-Arcelor Mittal, Spanish branch (2005)

Military Career:
The HGD participated in military training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in Britain, between September 2001 and August 2002.
In October 2002, the HGD took the oath of an Army Officer of Luxembourg.
The HGD currently holds the rank of Captain in the Luxembourg Army.​

Royal Patronages:
-Cycling Federation of Luxembourg (Patron)
-Youth Harmony Orchestra of the European Union (Patron)
-Board of Economic Development of Luxmebourg (Honorary Chairman)
-Kraizberg Foundation (Board Chairman)​

Royal Duties:
The HGD represents Luxembourg and the Grand Ducal Family at numerous events in Luxembourg and around the world, both alone and with other members of the family.​

In the Summer of 1997, the HGD participated in a humanitarian camp in Nepal, as a member of the Scout Movement of Luxembourg.
In 1999, the HGD participated in a charitable mission to Aguas Callentes to assist education and social youth in the poorest parts of Mexico.
The HGD's position with the Board of Economic Development has seen him travel to South Korea, Italy, Russia, Canada and the United States; as well as accompaning his parents on a State Visit to Slovakia in 2005.​

Last edited:
Does anyone know what time of day was Guillaume born?

Silly question (or maybe not.) gouvernement.lu has his title as "S.A.R. le Grand-duc hérétier."

I know the Grand-duc hérétier in English is Hereditary Grand Duke... but what does the S.A.R. stand for and what does it mean exactly in English? (I realize it's probably a version of his royal highness...just looking for more precise information because I'm curious.)

S.A.R. le Grand-Duc héritier

S.A.R stands for Son Altesse Royale. It's English for His/Her Royal Highness

Thanks. I figured that's what it was but I wanted to know what it meant not translated into english. :)

It was somewhere in another thread (probably in Royals height in Chic Chat) that something between 175-180 cm.

yes I read that too thank goodness were a little closer to knowing his actual height :)

Does anyone know about HGD's work load:question: It's nearly the end of the year but we haven't seen photos of many different events yet.

:previous: Yes that's interesting but may I ask, does he serve (as in regularly report for duty)?:flowers:

Great news ! Thanks princessalienor! :)
Wish him only the best!

You welcome sunshine 93, don't forget: I'm not certain of that! principaly because of that :"His duties include Honorary Chairman, Board of Economic Development of Luxembourg". So that why he is still in the army (as a future commander of the armed force) and may have an agenda like a soldat of the reserve.

Since I'm not able to apply my little knowledge of French and German on his name,
how should it be pronounced??
Thanks for the answer.

Like GEE-yohm

G (like in 'go') EE (like in 'see') Y (like in 'yes') OH (a long 'o' similar to the one in 'so') M (like in 'me')

Probably easier to hear Maria Teresa saying Guillaume, in this video at about 0:04 ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Jl41pw-WU

HGD Guillaume is good-looking and he seems nice and good natured as well. Who does he resemble?

Some of his Bourbon-Parma ancestors were certainly good-looking... specifically Louis of Etruria, Charles II of Parma, and Charles III of Parma. As for his good nature and being nice, he does remind of another ancestor, Ferdinand of Parma!

Hi Monica17,

yes absolutely HGD Guillaume is ver handsome and it seems you know some information about his ancestors, do you have pictures of Ferdinand of Parma? please post it here and if you have new pic of HGD Guillaume post it also ^^

Hi Monica17,

yes absolutely HGD Guillaume is ver handsome and it seems you know some information about his ancestors, do you have pictures of Ferdinand of Parma? please post it here and if you have new pic of HGD Guillaume post it also

Yes, I'm very interested in Guillaume's ancestors. I "forced" myself to read Italian just so....I've been researching on his Bourbon-Parma ancestors since 3 years ago. And I also keep in touch with (serious) historians about them. Hopefully, a new book will be written in the next few years about Guillaume's ancestors, Ferdinand of Parma and his wife Maria Amalia.

I do have a collection of the portraits of Guillaume's ancestors but I'm sorry I don't know how post pictures/portraits here! But if you send me a private message with your email address, I can send them to you.

You can find portraits of Ferdinand of Parma online. Just search for his name or its Italian equivalent.... Ferdinando Duca di Parma (that's Ferdinand, Duke of Parma). Ferdinand's wife was very pretty she was young, she was one of the daughters of Empress Maria Theresa. Ferdinand was quite big in physique and not tall but the comments of his contemporaries was that he had a quite handsome face, with very nice teeth. Butvery Bourbon-looking!

Back to Guillaume, he seems to resemble his father more than his mother? You may find new photos of Guillaume at the grand ducal family's (official) website.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Femal 1st born child of Guillaume & Stephanie

If their first child is born a female will she be the Heir ?

If their first child is born a female will she be the Heir ?
Yes, if it will be baby girl, she will be the heir. After changes were made to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg’s succession laws that will abolish male preference – as is the current state – and will allow females equal rights to the throne as their male relatives.

Yes, if it will be baby girl, she will be the heir. After changes were made to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg’s succession laws that will abolish male preference – as is the current state – and will allow females equal rights to the throne as their male relatives.

I appreciate the answer...thanks

Where did the Royal family get their money..............and how does their personal finances compare to the other royal famalies

Last edited by a moderator:
Like GEE-yohm

Actually, Guillaume is pronounced more like gee-YOHM. The stress is on the last syllable, as in all French words. Foreign names (e.g., Maria Teresa) are an exception, but Guillaume is a French name. Speaking of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, she is certainly fully fluent in French, but it is not her native language.

HGD Guillaume is good-looking and he seems nice and good natured as well. Who does he resemble?

Some of his Bourbon-Parma ancestors were certainly good-looking... specifically Louis of Etruria, Charles II of Parma, and Charles III of Parma. As for his good nature and being nice, he does remind of another ancestor, Ferdinand of Parma!

To me, he looks very Cuban, both in his coloring and his features. I think that he takes a great deal from his mother's side of the family, although there is also somewhat of a Bourbon-Parma resemblance!

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, he looks very Cuban, both in his coloring and his features. I think that he takes a great deal from his mother's side of the family, although there is also somewhat of a Bourbon-Parma resemblance!

You are absolutely right. He does have a very Cuban look about him [coloring and features], but he is, also, undeniably Henri's son. A lot of Germanic people have interesting eyes. I don't know how to describe them, but they are sort of squinty. I had a German friend who used to call them "German Chinese eyes." If you look at Henri and the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte's eyes, they had that interesting trait and Guillaume inherited that from Henri. Well, not just Guillaume, all of his siblings as well.

Last edited:
Guillaume has almond shaped eyes. He is what is often described as "sloe-eyed". And his eyelashes are longer than those of most women I know including myself. :ermm:

ITA Rayarena..if you look at video and photos of him as a baby they almost look Asian...except they are rather large.

He has the loveliest brown eyes I have ever seen on a man, quite frankly..indeed his fiancee told German television that his eyes are one of the things that made her fall in love. :whistling:

Since Stephanie's eyes are large, blue and round it will be interesting to see who their children take after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom