HGD Guillaume & HGD Stéphanie FAQ

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they don't live in one of the traditional Luxemburgian palaces/castles? Interesting. Thanks for the info.

The only castle the family still owns is Fischbach where Grand Duke Jean lives. All the other castle were sold. Berg and the palace are owned by the state and official residences of the reigning Grand Duke. So if they did not want to move in with Guillaume's parents or his grandfather, there was no other option.

How popular is Stéphanie now in Luxembourg?

There was a documentary about her released in Luxembourg to mark her first National Day as HGD in June. Other than the fact that a few local designers wish she would step up to the plate more and showcase their clothes and not be so conservative fashion wise, everyone seems quite pleased with her. They think she is charming, in fact.

I hope she gets a chance soon to show whether or not she has mastered Luxembourgish.

Lack of girlfriends? Guillaume had a 2-3 year relationship with a relative to Queen Sonja of Norway.

Guillaume dated Pia Haraldsen who was a great-step-niece of Queen Sonja. Pia's mother, Janand Jasmin Strømsnes, was married to Sonja's nephew, Karl Otto Haraldsen from the early 1990's to 2005/6. Karl Otto is the son of Sonja's brother, Haakon.

Pia and Guillaume attended Durham University together for their first year of university. Then Pia transferred to University of London's Goldsmiths College, and Guillaume followed by transferring to Brunel University for a year. IMO, Stephanie looks somewhat like Pia. I think Guillaume is shy with women as evidenced by how awkwardly he kissed his bride!

I think the thing about having 100,000s of thousand of people watch you kiss is that you just can't win. Knowing it will be dissected from any angle, you overthink it.
It either ends up looking clumsy and fairly chaste or like you need to get a room. In any case - I could not kiss someone naturally in front of large crowds. I doubt many of us could.

Last edited:
Guillaume dated Pia Haraldsen who was a great-step-niece of Queen Sonja. Pia's mother, Janand Jasmin Strømsnes, was married to Sonja's nephew, Karl Otto Haraldsen from the early 1990's to 2005/6. Karl Otto is the son of Sonja's brother, Haakon.

Pia and Guillaume attended Durham University together for their first year of university. Then Pia transferred to University of London's Goldsmiths College, and Guillaume followed by transferring to Brunel University for a year. IMO, Stephanie looks somewhat like Pia. I think Guillaume is shy with women as evidenced by how awkwardly he kissed his bride!

Did we watch the same wedding?:lol: Guillaume was all over Stephanie on that Palace balcony...he kissed her six times and there was nothing "awkward" about it either! You can see it on youtube!

Yes, he was not shy to me. If anything I think Stephanie was the shy one. She is the one who was the most awkward. Guillaume seems to be more of an extrovert and that is probably because he is in the public eye all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't necessarily believe Guillaume is a true extrovert-that would be his mother-but he is definitely more outgoing than the young woman he married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom