HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events Part 4: September 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course it doesn't; Felix has two children, and there are also Alexandra and Sebastien (Louis sons are not in the line of succession).

Why is it that people always point to the woman who might not be able to have children? It's the COUPLE that has or hasn't.

Was researching something and ran across this quote from their engagement interview:
Are you planning to start a family in the near future?

Stephanie: "Good question! It depends on what you consider to be the near future. If in two or three years, then yes. For the moment, however, is not a priority, although we're not ruling it out.

"I come from a large family of eight. If you think four or five children is a lot, just imagine imagine eight! It was my parents' choice, and being the youngest daughter, I couldn't be more happy with their decision. While eight children are perhaps too many, I'd like to maintain the spirit of a large family."

'I've found my Prince Charming': Luxembourg's bride on how she fell in love with her fiancé

Over 6 years ago, she is now 34...still young enough for children of course...but it is kinda concerning they still don't have any.

Is anything being said in Lux about this?

LaRae
Thank you for sharing it. I remember reading about it at that time, time sure flies. But reading about it now, I just feel sad. It's obvious that Stephanie wants a large family and I'm sure Guillaume too, but surely something went wrong. They are one of the most private royals around, so I doubt much will be said to the public, at least not now, for example, we got to know about the tough life Queen Fabiola had with her pregnancies much later in her life. I believe the subject is very sensitive, and they deserve all the happiness in the world. I think their time in London will make them good and heal any possible wound they have now.

Is anything being said in Lux about this?

Per those who follow the Luxembourg family, it seems the country's mainstream media has not taken it up.

Of course it doesn't; Felix has two children, and there are also Alexandra and Sebastien (Louis sons are not in the line of succession).

There may eventually be questions about Prince Félix's place of residence if he remains his brother's heir and he refuses to raise his children in Luxembourg. Would the people of Luxembourg be satisfied to have a Grand Duchess (Amalia) who is a stranger to the country?

Another issue which will eventually require a solution if Félix remains next in line is that according to the present house laws, Amalia's children will be obligated to bear their father's name (even if they are given royal titles) until Amalia is the first in line to the throne.

Last edited:
Stranger?
Princess Stephanie is Belgian, not Luxemburger.
And Grand Duchess Maria Theresa was born in Cuba.
It shouldn't matter to the citizens that Princess Claire is German.

Stranger?
Princess Stephanie is Belgian, not Luxemburger.
And Grand Duchess Maria Theresa was born in Cuba.
It shouldn't matter to the citizens that Princess Claire is German.

The post is referring to Amalia, who will most likely be the future reigning Grand Duchess if Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume does not have a child:

Would the people of Luxembourg be satisfied to have a Grand Duchess (Amalia) who is a stranger to the country?

While the wives of the grand dukes have without exception been foreigners, no reigning Grand Duke or Grand Duchess since Grand Duke Guillaume IV has been raised outside of Luxembourg.

I am sure that when it becomes clear that Amalia will be the future Grand Duchess the family will move to Luxembourg and she will go to school there. I expect this will happen in 5 years or so.

:previous: The fact that this has not aready happened gives me hope that the door has not been closed on the issue of parenthood for Gui and Stephanie.;)

This seems obvious and this subject must have already been discussed among the members of the Grand-ducal family. It must already be decided what will happen if Guillaume and Stephanie do not have children.

I am sure that when it becomes clear that Amalia will be the future Grand Duchess the family will move to Luxembourg and she will go to school there. I expect this will happen in 5 years or so.
Indeed. I also agree about 5 years or so. Stephanie is going to be 35 years old, she's still young, but when close to 40 years old, there will be a more serious talk about Amalia's future and education. Sometimes this reminds me of what happened in Belgium, and to an extent to what happened with QEII, her father and uncle (though her uncle was in a different situation, but her position at the time is similar to that of Amalia's).

But if a couple want to have children of their own and can't, it can be so heartbreaking. I have a couple that are friends with my parents and they went through so much, it was extremely sad, and they are private people. Guillaume and Stephanie are royals and prominent ones, it can be extremely difficult to be in the public eye very often and put a smile to the cameras even if they're suffering inside. My heart is with them and as I said I wish them all the happiness in the world.

The topic of this thread are the current events of the HGD and HGDss. Let's focus on that and avoid speculation about what must be a rather sensative issue to those involved.

Further OT posts will be deleted without notice.

Last edited:
why or what in London

Does anyone know where the HGD&D are living in the UK?

What mission are they one to be away from their home ? is this a permanent change for them?

I think it's a year or two for HGD Gui to attend a school of some sort.

LaRae

Is this the very reason why we are seeing Felix and Claire often in engagements with Gui and Steph and Henri and MT?

Is this the very reason why we are seeing Felix and Claire often in engagements with Gui and Steph and Henri and MT?

Not sure I fully I understand your question. Guillaume en Stephanie have clearly been less available for royal activities this year and we've seen Felix and Claire slightly more.

It makes sense to keep Felix and Claire in the picture because as things stand now they will be the 'second couple' when Guillaume becomes Grand Duke; and their daughter Amalia will be the Grand Duchess at some point (maybe Felix will be grand duke but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't).

Hopefully we'll see more of Guillaume and Stephanie as their studies should be wrapping up soon.

Felix and Claire haven't had a significant increase in engagements. I'd say Alexandra has been seen more recently.

Yes Princess Alexandra has been seen in some engagements this year too. Such a lovely woman.

A lot of Ambassadors are for Belgium and Luxembourg.
Nice Hed Couple !

It makes sense to keep Felix and Claire in the picture because as things stand now they will be the 'second couple' when Guillaume becomes Grand Duke; and their daughter Amalia will be the Grand Duchess at some point (maybe Felix will be grand duke but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't).

I hope Stephanie and Guillaume will have a kid who will be one of the next Grand Duke or Grand Duchess.

I hope Stephanie and Guillaume will have a kid who will be one of the next Grand Duke or Grand Duchess.

It seems less likely with each passing year....

LaRae

We must not forget that it is tradition for monarchs to abdicate in Luxembourg. I believe that if Guillaume and Stephanie have no children (probably so) Princess Amalia will begin to be prepared as the future Grand Duchess, and consequently Felix and Claire will also be highlighted. But I believe that at this moment Guillaume and Stephanie have not given up hope of having a child.

Even if they never have a child there is no reason for Felix and Claire to be highlighted over Guillaume and Stephanie. They can still serve the people of Luxembourg well and leave their own mark on it.

If it become clear Felix then Amalia are Gui's heirs they will obviously start becoming more prepared but let's not skip over the HGD couple and what they are, should or will be doing in the future entirely.

Back
Top Bottom