The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Another gallery of Lëtz' Arles last week:

RTL.lu - Déi neiste Fotogalerien - Vernissage Lëtz' Arles 2018 (7.7.18)

Old 10-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

On October 13th, HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie attended "Home & Living Expo 2018" in Kirchberg which took place in collaboration with National Housing Week.

RTL.lu - People - VIDEO: Ouverture vun Home & Living-Expo an de Foireshalen um Kierchbierg

Francine Closener lors de l’ouverture de la Home & Living: "Une meilleure performance économique grâce au progrès scientifique et technique doit profiter à tous, et pas seulement à quelques rares privilégiés" — gouvernement.lu // Le gouvernement luxembourgeois

https://www.facebook.com/SNHBM/photo...type=3&theater

ETA: more photos at Luxemburger Wort - Alles rund ums Wohnen

ETA: Later on the 13th, the HGD couple privately visited Musée Dräi Eechelen.
Photos: https://www.facebook.com/musee3e/posts/2071529126227879

Old 10-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Majesty

Prince Guillaume and Princess Stéphanie visited the traditional "Night of the Museums"
Nuit des Musées 2018 - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Octobre 2018
Old 10-30-2018, 03:58 AM
Majesty

have guillaume and stephanie relocated to london? i believe it was mentioned they would relocate in the autumn but they seem to still be performing activitis in luxembourg. do they go back and forth or have they not yet moved?
Old 10-30-2018, 05:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
have guillaume and stephanie relocated to london? i believe it was mentioned they would relocate in the autumn but they seem to still be performing activitis in luxembourg. do they go back and forth or have they not yet moved?
Yes, they moved to London (a very clear sign is Guillaume's beardless appearance these months). However, as Luxembourg is close, it's not too hard for them to do an activity during a weekend (so far the museum night seems to be their only one and they had to return to Luxembourg to vote that same weekend, next to visiting a wedding elsewhere).
Old 11-28-2018, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie attended the opening of the "Masters Hands, the Art of Crafts and the Arts in Luxembourg exhibition" this evening, November 28:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** monarchie.lu mixed gallery **
Old 11-29-2018, 01:39 AM
Heir Apparent

HGD Guillaume's interview with RTL about the exhibition.

RTL.lu - Kultur - VIDEOEN: "De Mains De Maîtres": Alles ëm déi grouss an ofwiesslungsräich Ausstellung

ETA: another gallery of the HGD couple previewing the exhibition and the opening

De Mains De Maîtres - Parcours - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Novembre 2018

RTL.lu - Déi neiste Fotogalerien - Zweet Editioun "De Mains de Maître" (28.11.18)
Old 12-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Was researching something and ran across this quote from their engagement interview:
Are you planning to start a family in the near future?

Stephanie: "Good question! It depends on what you consider to be the near future. If in two or three years, then yes. For the moment, however, is not a priority, although we're not ruling it out.

"I come from a large family of eight. If you think four or five children is a lot, just imagine imagine eight! It was my parents' choice, and being the youngest daughter, I couldn't be more happy with their decision. While eight children are perhaps too many, I'd like to maintain the spirit of a large family."

'I've found my Prince Charming': Luxembourg's bride on how she fell in love with her fiancé

Over 6 years ago, she is now 34...still young enough for children of course...but it is kinda concerning they still don't have any.

Is anything being said in Lux about this?

LaRae
Old 12-08-2018, 03:25 PM
Majesty

Going on 35 in February.

I highly doubt they would reveal publicly eventual diagnosis.
I think something is "being said" but Stephanie doesn't live under so much a pression like, for example, Crown Princess Masako of Japan had to survive.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Going on 35 in February.

I highly doubt they would reveal publicly eventual diagnosis.
I think something is "being said" but Stephanie doesn't live under so much a pression like, for example, Crown Princess Masako of Japan had to survive.
It's a bit of a whatever to me. It's not as if their line depends on Guillaume.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Majesty

Of course it doesn't; Felix has two children, and there are also Alexandra and Sebastien (Louis sons are not in the line of succession).
Old 12-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Majesty

Why is it that people always point to the woman who might not be able to have children? It's the COUPLE that has or hasn't.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Was researching something and ran across this quote from their engagement interview:
Are you planning to start a family in the near future?

Stephanie: "Good question! It depends on what you consider to be the near future. If in two or three years, then yes. For the moment, however, is not a priority, although we're not ruling it out.

"I come from a large family of eight. If you think four or five children is a lot, just imagine imagine eight! It was my parents' choice, and being the youngest daughter, I couldn't be more happy with their decision. While eight children are perhaps too many, I'd like to maintain the spirit of a large family."

'I've found my Prince Charming': Luxembourg's bride on how she fell in love with her fiancé

Over 6 years ago, she is now 34...still young enough for children of course...but it is kinda concerning they still don't have any.

LaRae
Thank you for sharing it. I remember reading about it at that time, time sure flies. But reading about it now, I just feel sad. It's obvious that Stephanie wants a large family and I'm sure Guillaume too, but surely something went wrong. They are one of the most private royals around, so I doubt much will be said to the public, at least not now, for example, we got to know about the tough life Queen Fabiola had with her pregnancies much later in her life. I believe the subject is very sensitive, and they deserve all the happiness in the world. I think their time in London will make them good and heal any possible wound they have now.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Per those who follow the Luxembourg family, it seems the country's mainstream media has not taken it up.

Quote:
Of course it doesn't; Felix has two children, and there are also Alexandra and Sebastien (Louis sons are not in the line of succession).
There may eventually be questions about Prince Félix's place of residence if he remains his brother's heir and he refuses to raise his children in Luxembourg. Would the people of Luxembourg be satisfied to have a Grand Duchess (Amalia) who is a stranger to the country?

Another issue which will eventually require a solution if Félix remains next in line is that according to the present house laws, Amalia's children will be obligated to bear their father's name (even if they are given royal titles) until Amalia is the first in line to the throne.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Stranger?
Princess Stephanie is Belgian, not Luxemburger.
And Grand Duchess Maria Theresa was born in Cuba.
It shouldn't matter to the citizens that Princess Claire is German.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Stranger?
Princess Stephanie is Belgian, not Luxemburger.
And Grand Duchess Maria Theresa was born in Cuba.
It shouldn't matter to the citizens that Princess Claire is German.
The post is referring to Amalia, who will most likely be the future reigning Grand Duchess if Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume does not have a child:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Would the people of Luxembourg be satisfied to have a Grand Duchess (Amalia) who is a stranger to the country?
While the wives of the grand dukes have without exception been foreigners, no reigning Grand Duke or Grand Duchess since Grand Duke Guillaume IV has been raised outside of Luxembourg.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sure that when it becomes clear that Amalia will be the future Grand Duchess the family will move to Luxembourg and she will go to school there. I expect this will happen in 5 years or so.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

The fact that this has not aready happened gives me hope that the door has not been closed on the issue of parenthood for Gui and Stephanie.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-09-2018, 10:09 AM
Majesty

This seems obvious and this subject must have already been discussed among the members of the Grand-ducal family. It must already be decided what will happen if Guillaume and Stephanie do not have children.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I am sure that when it becomes clear that Amalia will be the future Grand Duchess the family will move to Luxembourg and she will go to school there. I expect this will happen in 5 years or so.
Indeed. I also agree about 5 years or so. Stephanie is going to be 35 years old, she's still young, but when close to 40 years old, there will be a more serious talk about Amalia's future and education. Sometimes this reminds me of what happened in Belgium, and to an extent to what happened with QEII, her father and uncle (though her uncle was in a different situation, but her position at the time is similar to that of Amalia's).

But if a couple want to have children of their own and can't, it can be so heartbreaking. I have a couple that are friends with my parents and they went through so much, it was extremely sad, and they are private people. Guillaume and Stephanie are royals and prominent ones, it can be extremely difficult to be in the public eye very often and put a smile to the cameras even if they're suffering inside. My heart is with them and as I said I wish them all the happiness in the world.

Tags
current events, guillaume, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duke guillaume, stephanie