The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think the Grand Marshall of the Court simply issues a statement to the Press. I am not sure if photos of the newborn are made public at the time of the announcement, or later. I also don't remember/know if the baby's name will be released at the time of his/her birth.
Yes isn't that what happened with the births of Princess Amalia and Prince Liam of Nassau recently?

I think the photos were released shortly afterwards.

Old 05-04-2020, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
I can't answer but shouldn't these events happen if HGD gives birth to a girl? A girl would indeed not be overstepped by a little brother in the line of succession since a recent change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
And to know how the birth of a heir would be celebrated, we would need to look at the 'eldest son' in previous generations Not sure whether they have a tradition of church bells ringing and/or a gun salute...
In the 1980s-1990s, the birth of Princess Alexandra was celebrated with a mere 21-round gun salute whereas the births of her brothers were celebrated with 101-round gun salutes. (See the announcements of their births on the website of the government information service.)

It would be interesting to see whether the difference is eliminated, although if the child is a son (as I am predicting, in view of the proportion of male descendants in the Nassau male line and the clothing choices of the parents-to-be for the pregnancy announcement), they may postpone that decision until they have a daughter. Or perhaps there will be no gun salute at all, given the pandemic.

Old 05-04-2020, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes isn't that what happened with the births of Princess Amalia and Prince Liam of Nassau recently?

I think the photos were released shortly afterwards.
Yes, indeed. But the birth of HGD Guillaume's son or daughter will probably be handled a little differently....how differently I don't know.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-04-2020, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yes, indeed. But the birth of HGD Guillaume's son or daughter will probably be handled a little differently....how differently I don't know.
Hopefully there will be a gun salute and or at very least a slice of cake
Old 05-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I assume the birth of a prince(ss) of Luxembourg, and more specifically the heir, will indeed be handled with slightly more 'pomp' than the birth of a prince(ss) of Nassau.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I assume the birth of a prince(ss) of Luxembourg, and more specifically the heir, will indeed be handled with slightly more 'pomp' than the birth of a prince(ss) of Nassau.

Let's hope not everything will cancelled because of Covid-19. For example aGuns Salute could still ake place as it involves not much people.

A difference would be for example photos of the parents and baby leaving Hospital which they have done at Amalia's birth.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

Is the baby end of May? Early June?
Old 05-09-2020, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Is the baby end of May? Early June?
It was communicated that they baby is due 'in May'. They didn't specify which part of the month. However, if it would be late May, they might have communicated that to avoid people speculating too much if the baby isn't born by the end of the month.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

The pregnancy announcement was made on December 6th, so everything tends to think the due date is somewhere late May. I thought I read that somewhere, though the official announcement said that the child is due in May
Old 05-09-2020, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The official announcement said the baby was due in May, so it's about to be born.
I believe, it must be a matter of days.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:29 PM
Courtier

I wish them both health and piece of mind. Hopefully Stephanie will have an easy, uncomplicated delivery and they'll share their news with the world soon.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

The original announcement by the Court stated that the birth was "scheduled" for May, giving rise to rumors on Twitter the HGD is set for an induced or C-section delivery this month. I am not into conspiracy theories but it has made me wonder....

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-09-2020, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The original announcement by the Court stated that the birth was "scheduled" for May, giving rise to rumors on Twitter the HGD is set for an induced or C-section delivery this month. I am not into conspiracy theories but it has made me wonder....
I'd say it is a translation issue. The Luxembourgish version used the word 'erwaarden' (to expect): "datt den Ierwgroussherzog an d’Ierwgroussherzogin hiert éischt Kand fir de Mee erwaarden."

And also the French 'est prévue' can theoretically mean that it's organized but in this context more likely to be interpreted as "Imaginer qu’une chose doit arriver." (Imagine that something will happen)
Old 05-09-2020, 07:27 PM
Majesty

The last possible due date is 31 May, so let's suppose she is due in exactly three weeks.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:14 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Prince Charles Jean Philippe Joseph Marie Guillaume has been born on May 10th.

Posts about his birth have been moved to this thread.