The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-02-2020, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Possibly ,probably it is only 1 baby. I would guess that if twins were expected they would know by now...
By their dating scan (usually 10-14 weeks) a doctor would have been able to tell.

They have been quite consistent on the baby not babies statements.

Old 02-04-2020, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
By their dating scan (usually 10-14 weeks) a doctor would have been able to tell.

They have been quite consistent on the baby not babies statements.
Of course they know, but they said some will be a surprise, so there is still hope

Old 02-04-2020, 03:41 PM
Majesty

I am almost 100% certain that they know the sex of their unborn child. The name is what they are still deciding upon.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-25-2020, 05:21 AM
Courtier

Oh I hope so much this Baby is safely on it's way, some uplifting news would be much welcome
Old 03-25-2020, 07:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am almost 100% certain that they know the sex of their unborn child. The name is what they are still deciding upon.
Yes, you are correct. The Hereditary Grand Duchess remarked in the Point de Vue interview referenced earlier in the thread that there was no "obvious" choice for the name (apparently, no matter how traditional they might be, they haven't deemed Jean or Charlotte to be mandatory ).
Old 03-25-2020, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Its great that they are havinga baby.. but in some ways what an awful time.. no celebrations...
Old 03-25-2020, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Celebrations are just a very small part of the joy of having a baby !It's not important.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Celebrations can take place in another way. But joy of the birth of a baby is the most important. I hope that Guillaume and Stephanie are safe at this point and that the baby is born healthy, that's the most important thing.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:52 AM
Majesty

I doubt very much that we will see the smiling HGD couple giving a brief interview as they bring their newborn home from the hospital unfortunately.

More likely that the Court will simply release photos from the hospital or even from Fischbach after the official announcement.

It's about 6-8 weeks to go, I think!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-25-2020, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

She is due at the end of May.
When Princess Juliana of the Netherlands had her third daughter in January 1943 in the mids of the war, they apparently delayed the announcement of the birth, because they feared that there would be a large crowd of people wanting to celebrate the birth.
Could it be that the announcement of the birth would be delayed to avoid crowds of people to celebrate the birth?
Old 03-25-2020, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought they said Spring, and not the month.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:47 AM
Majesty

They did indeed say that she is due in May.

Old 03-25-2020, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
They did indeed say that she is due in May.
Thank you. So, we have one more month and half until the birth
Old 03-25-2020, 11:00 PM
Nobility

I think the birth took place in Canada
Old 03-25-2020, 11:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess maggie View Post
Am I missing something? Stephanie is not due until May. And even if she wasn't, why would the HGD of Luxembourg give birth in Canada?

Quote:
I doubt very much that we will see the smiling HGD couple giving a brief interview as they bring their newborn home from the hospital unfortunately.

More likely that the Court will simply release photos from the hospital or even from Fischbach after the official announcement.

It's about 6-8 weeks to go, I think!
Perhaps we will get a video, introducing the baby, since they cant to a hospital leave type thing.

But I will settle for photos.

Hoping its closer to the start of May. I am anxious to see this little bundle.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
When Princess Juliana of the Netherlands had her third daughter in January 1943 in the mids of the war, they apparently delayed the announcement of the birth, because they feared that there would be a large crowd of people wanting to celebrate the birth.
Could it be that the announcement of the birth would be delayed to avoid crowds of people to celebrate the birth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess maggie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Am I missing something? Stephanie is not due until May. And even if she wasn't, why would the HGD of Luxembourg give birth in Canada?
I believe she was responding to the above post.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
not 100% sure, but i don't think it was so much that the birth was announced later, but that apart from some pictures all the usual public announcements when a baby was born were kept very sober. Reason being that the Netherlands were involved in the 2nd world war and occupied by the Germans Nazi regime, and Q.Wilhelmina considerdd too much celebration improper in the situation.
-----
I don't know if huge crowds are expected in Luxemburg when the birth is announced? Should they for instance announce it with several nice pictures so people get a glimpse of the child that way, I think it could be a nice highlight for everyone who is social distancing...besides, like you say, the baby isn't due to end of May, so who knows the Corona measures have been lifted to some extend by then in Luxemburg
Old 03-26-2020, 04:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
not 100% sure, but i don't think it was so much that the birth was announced later, but that apart from some pictures all the usual public announcements when a baby was born were kept very sober. Reason being that the Netherlands were involved in the 2nd world war and occupied by the Germans Nazi regime, and Q.Wilhelmina considerdd too much celebration improper in the situation.
-----
I don't know if huge crowds are expected in Luxemburg when the birth is announced? Should they for instance announce it with several nice pictures so people get a glimpse of the child that way, I think it could be a nice highlight for everyone who is social distancing...besides, like you say, the baby isn't due to end of May, so who knows the Corona measures have been lifted to some extend by then in Luxemburg
Today huge crowds are already 10 people.

I can remember that Princess Juliana once said she was worried about the safety of people going on the streets to celebrate the birth ( a rehearsel of the birthday celebration of Prince Bernhard, when people came out on the streets to demonstrate against the occupation)
Old 03-26-2020, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Today huge crowds are already 10 people.

I can remember that Princess Juliana once said she was worried about the safety of people going on the streets to celebrate the birth ( a rehearsel of the birthday celebration of Prince Bernhard, when people came out on the streets to demonstrate against the occupation)
Yes obviously. THe Dutch would want to celebrate but it would be dangerous for them to do so, as it would be in essence a protest against he Nazi occupation and might result in a backlash by the Germans.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I hope everything continues to go well for them and the birth of this much wanted baby in these trying times.
I look foward to the announcement and hopefully some lovely photos in 6-8 weeks or so.