Guillaume and Stéphanie's Circle of Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
I would like to know some information about the circle of friends Guillaume and Stéphanie. Who are the best friends of them?

Last edited:
Stephanie's close friends are all or mostly made up of young women from the aristocracy and minor Royals...for example the daughters of Russian Prince Piotr Galitzine are among her best friends and there was a German princess Louise von-something who was a witness at her religious wedding who was described in the media as her BFF.

I suspect it's pretty much the same with Guillaume. One of his best friends is the brother-in-law of Lord Nicholas Windsor. His name is Laurence.

Last edited:
Stephanie's close friends are all or mostly made up of young women from the aristocracy and minor Royals...for example the daughters of Russian Prince Piotr Galitzine are among her best friends and there was a German princess Louise von-something who was a witness at her religious wedding who was described in the media as her BFF.

I suspect it's pretty much the same with Guillaume. One of his best friends is the brother-in-law of Lord Nicholas Windsor. His name is Laurence.

Thank you very much for the information. :flowers:

[...] among her best friends and there was a German princess Louise von-something [...]

The witnesses for Hereditary Grand-Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg were:
- Prince Félix de Luxembourg, Prince de Nassau
- Don Lawrence de Frankopan dei conti Doimi de Lupis (brother of Lady Nicholas Windsor)

The witnesses for Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy were:
- Freifrau Philipp von und zu Bodman née Princesse Blanche de Mérode
- Louise Prinzessin zu Stolberg-Stolberg

Thanks Duc...I could never have remembered those names;).

I also know about her friendship with the Galitzine princesses from reading Luxarazzi.

The De Lannoy and Zu Stolberg connection goes at least five centuries back.

The mother of Willem I of Nassau, Prince of Orange (1533-1584) was Juliana zu Stolberg (1506-1580) and his first mother-in-law was Françoise de Lannoy (1513-1562)...

So Stéphanie de Lannoy and Louise zu Stolberg not only share a friendship, it also shows the remarkable durability of the entre nous (amongst us) during the centuries...

The connection with Princess Alexandra Galitzine most likely went via her husband's family. Her mother-in-law is Anne-Rose de Lancksweert née Comtesse de Liedekerke, daughter of the Count and Countess Didier de Liedekerke née Bénédicte de Bernard de Fauconval de Deukem. Families firmly rooted in the aristocracy and haute bourgeoisie of the Benelux-countries.

Last edited:
Prince Pjotr Galizine and his wife ADss Maria-Anna of Austria and their children are regular guests at Lux. weddings IIRC. I believe the Archduchess must be a friend of the Lux. GD couple as she is the godmother of Pss. Alexandra of Luxembourg.

Prince Pjotr Galizine and his wife ADss Maria-Anna of Austria and their children are regular guests at Lux. weddings IIRC. I believe the Archduchess must be a friend of the Lux. GD couple as she is the godmother of Pss. Alexandra of Luxembourg.

Prince Piotr and Princess Maria Anna lived in Luxembourg many years ago. Some of their children were born there as well.

The Hereditary Grand Duchess is mostly close to Princess Xenia and her husband. She is also friends with Alberto's sister and her husband. I think they all lived in Moscow at the same time.

And by the way, Princess Alexandra isn't married. She was once engaged to Thibault Lancksweert but they broke off their engagement months before the planned wedding.

Back
Top Bottom