Guillaume and Stéphanie: the Royal Honeymoon Poll

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where will Guillaume and Stéphanie go for their honeymoon?

• Caribbean

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • United States

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • South America

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Southern Europe

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Northern Europe

• Africa

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • New Zealand

• Australia

• We will never know!

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • None of the above!

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
JointMonogramGuillaumeandStphanie.jpg

The joint monogram of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy

Following their marriage, Guillaume & Stéphanie are leaving for their honeymoon. We have included a poll in this thread, so please vote and let us know what you think is their destination! If the couple has a photocall during the Honeymoon, this will be discussed here as well.

Thanks and happy Posting!

JessRulz, Marengo & Princess Robijn
Luxembourg Forum Moderators

I've voted for the United States because it's one of the countries that will offer a relative privacy for the couple: with so many celebrities there, no one is likely to pay attention to them. Wouldn't exclude Russia or an exotic destination either. One thing for certain - they are not coming here!

Last edited:
Artemisia said:
I've voted for the United States because it's one of the countries that will offer a relative privacy for the couple: with so many celebrities there, no one is likely to pay attention to them. Wouldn't exclude Russia or an exotic destination either. One thing for certain - they are not coming here!

Russia would be lovely, since Stephanie studied there and is able to speak the language. She would be the best tour guide. US has a lot of remote and beautiful places for a honeymoon, but I do hope they choose something like a private island somewhere.

The only place here in the US that I would recommend for their honeymoon..for anyone's honeymoon in fact..is the magnificent stretch of coastline along the Pacific between Santa Barbara and San Francisco. Monterey, Big Sur, Carmel-by-the-Sea...you will think you are on a movie set it is so staggeringly gorgeous. In fact the movie "The Sandpiper" from 1965 starring Liz Taylor and Richard Burton was filmed there. It is remote, beautiful, wild and almost spiritual. I have seen some incredible stretches of coastline in my life, but none like that. No one would bother them, it would be incredibly romantic.

These last few weeks have been so turbulent and sad and stressful for the two of them that wherever they go, it needs to be peaceful and therapeutic. Fiji. Tahiti.Bali.The Seychelles. Someplace beautiful, private and remote with no TV or Internet.

Nothing but the deep, blue healing sea.:wub:

Last edited:
I hope that Turkey, Istanbul or Antalya

Why is Asia not included? I would guess Malaysia or Indonesia.

It would be nice to go somewhere neither one of them went to.
Im guessing an island would be a nice change. Maldives? Seychelles?

For their honeymoon, I think Guillaume and Stephanie will go somewhere beach-related or some private island.

im so curious to know what place they'll go on honeymoon, but as they are a very private family and couple i dont think we'll ever know that.

can someone here tell me the honeymoon's place of the royals? like the crown princes couple? i only know of William&Kate, Victoria&Daniel and Billah&Sarah of Brunei.

Hopefully, one might know where TRH's had gone on honeymoon.

Does anyone know where GD Henri and Granduchess Maria-Teresa had gone on their honeymoon?

:flowers:

The only place here in the US that I would recommend for their honeymoon..for anyone's honeymoon in fact..is the magnificent stretch of coastline along the Pacific between Santa Barbara and San Francisco. Monterey, Big Sur, Carmel-by-the-Sea...you will think you are on a movie set it is so staggeringly gorgeous. In fact the movie "The Sandpiper" from 1965 starring Liz Taylor and Richard Burton was filmed there. It is remote, beautiful, wild and almost spiritual. I have seen some incredible stretches of coastline in my life, but none like that. No one would bother them, it would be incredibly romantic.

These last few weeks have been so turbulent and sad and stressful for the two of them that wherever they go, it needs to be peaceful and therapeutic. Fiji. Tahiti.Bali.The Seychelles. Someplace beautiful, private and remote with no TV or Internet.

Nothing but the deep, blue healing sea.:wub:

Well, you are probably right with your last ideas concerning peaceful and remote places. However, personally I would spend this time of the year rather discovering New England and enjoying the colors of fall. :flowers: As an alternative New Zealand and Australia might be nice ...

I doubt that they will come to the United States for their honeymoon. I would be surprised if they did. That just my opinion.

I would have to agree with you nascarlucy. I doubt they would have even given the U.S. any thought at all. There are too many other destinations to choose from although many newlyweds come here to Hawaii quite a bit. Im curious as to where they have chosen to go. Will we know anytime soon?

We won't know where they went until after they get back, if even then. Guillaume is almost obsessive about privacy.

There will be no photos leaked and statements given to newspapers like with his cousin Imre and his bride...I can almost promise!

After the incident that private photos came out about the honeymoon of William-Kate, we can be sure, that Guillaume keep it secret! Maybe after they say something about it.

I hope they didn't honeymoon in the Caribbean. Hurricane Sandy has already killed over 40 people there, and is heading for the U.S. East coast. Storm warnings are up all along the coast from Florida north to New England. Latest trajectory of storm suggests probably main landing between Boston and Washington D.C. on Monday, but the whole coast is endangered. Reports state outright (from Weather Channel and others sources) that this will be the most dangerous storm ever in this area, including New York, and worse than last year's Hurricane Irene. It will disrupt U.S. election preparations, possibly even election itself.
I hope GD Guillaume and Stephanie are elsewhere. Prayers for their safety wherever they are, and for all relatives on the US East coast.

Northern Australia, Fiji or the Maldives could offer romance and privacy.
I'm guessing that Stephanie and Guillaume would enjoy water, lush forests and tropical food.
Otherwise, a private yacht or Island or secluded rolling farming land might be the perfect setting.

I hope they didn't honeymoon in the Caribbean. Hurricane Sandy has already killed over 40 people there, and is heading for the U.S. East coast. Storm warnings are up all along the coast from Florida north to New England. Latest trajectory of storm suggests probably main landing between Boston and Washington D.C. on Monday, but the whole coast is endangered. Reports state outright (from Weather Channel and others sources) that this will be the most dangerous storm ever in this area, including New York, and worse than last year's Hurricane Irene. It will disrupt U.S. election preparations, possibly even election itself.
I hope GD Guillaume and Stephanie are elsewhere. Prayers for their safety wherever they are, and for all relatives on the US East coast.

I do not think that they were in the U.S. or the Caribbean on our honeymoon. And if you are on the east coast of the U.S. this will surely be evacuated quickly from there.

I see Caribbean and None of the Above lead the poll. But I hope they didn't go to the Caribbean where Hurricane Sandy has killed 53 people as of tonight, which is Saturday oct. 27

Maybe Costa Rica, it has beautiful nature, with interesting flora and fauna, and is a country that takes ecology seriously. Guillaume and Stéphanie chose wedding bands made of fair trade gold, so Costa Rica could be a country they would be interested to visit.

It has just occurred to me that they might be honeymooning in Europe. They have said that they love Germany for sentimental reasons. It's where they met.

Maybe Guillaume found some lovely, romantic old Schloss in the mountains of Bavaria. :p:whistling:

I am starting to think they stayed in Europe. They love Germany because it's where they met. Germany has lots of of romantic, fairy tale castles in it's hills and mountains.

It sounds perfect. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting to think they stayed in Europe. They love Germany because it's where they met. Germany has lots of of romantic, fairy tale castles in it's hills and mountains.

It sounds perfect. :wub:

Yes, maybe for us. But not for people, who lives in castles... IMO. :flowers:

I don't think they will let us know. He did not open up about their engagement, which made me smile. Some things should remain personal.

I don't think they will let us know. He did not open up about their engagement, which made me smile. Some things should remain personal.
You mean you don't think he should emulate his cousin Imre and wife Kathleen and give press interviews while on his honeymoon?:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom