The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Guillaume and Stéphanie's first baby!
Boy 38 55.88%
Girl 25 36.76%
Twins - Boy/Boy 0 0%
Twins - Boy/Girl 3 4.41%
Twins - Girl/Girl 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2019, 04:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gender, name, and godparent guesses for Guillaume and Stephanie’s first child

I would love if Crown Princess Victoria is one of the godparents as well as some Belgian and Dutch royals like Queen Mathilde and Queen Maxima.

Old 12-06-2019, 05:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I would love if Crown Princess Victoria is one of the godparents as well as some Belgian and Dutch royals like Queen Mathilde and Queen Maxima.
Wouldn't Crown Princess Elisabeth be a good choice for a godmother? The two will probably reign at the same time and meet many times because of geography and the family relationship.

Old 12-06-2019, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

For a boy i would like the name Adolphe as not only the first Grand -Duke of the Nasau-Weilburg braNch was nmaed Adolphe but it is also an old nassau Family name. But very unlikely given the Fact that this name has an unfortunate connection since the 1930's

Old 12-06-2019, 05:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
For a boy i would like the name Adolphe as not only the first Grand -Duke of the Nasau-Weilburg braNch was nmaed Adolphe but it is also an old nassau Family name. But very unlikely given the Fact that this name has an unfortunate connection since the 1930's
Both of the child's grandfathers have Albert as a secondary name so that might be given as one of the names if it's a boy.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Wouldn't Crown Princess Elisabeth be a good choice for a godmother? The two will probably reign at the same time and meet many times because of geography and the family relationship.
I would also love if Elisabeth was one of the godparents. Maybe Elisabeth will be a godparent to many royal children someday like Crown Princess Victoria.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Both of the child's grandfathers have Albert as a secondary name so that might be given as one of the names if it's a boy.

I think more likely are either Jean or Philippe if it is a boy.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:14 AM
Nobility

Girl : Charlotte Alix Thérèse Elisabeth

Boy: Jean Philippe Albert Guillaume
Old 12-06-2019, 06:19 AM
Commoner

This is such joyful news. As for names this is gonna be a bit hard. I would say Alix for a girl but theres already 2 Alix as grandhildren on the G.Duchess's side and then theres her sister in law Alexandra. I was looking at Charlotte but theres also a granddaughter named Charlotte on G.Duchess's side. I like Madeline (G.Duchess maternal Grandmothers name). So for a girl imma go with Madeline Alix Marie for now. For a boy im hoping for a Maximilian. I love that name and there are 3 (i believe) dukes with that name. Plus each name will have Marie in it (seems to be the case in both Luxembourg and Belgium) So for now imma go with Maximilian Guillaume Marie. For god parents, i think the Duchess of Brabant will be godmother. The families have very close ties. If not, maybe the King and Queen of Belguim? Princess Alexandra too.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

For a girl, would a Marie-Adélaïde II be a possibility, or does the image of Grand Duchess Marie-Adélaïde remain tainted?

It would be interesting if the couple departed from the recent tradition of using the French form of given names, but I am not expecting it to happen.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:00 AM
Gentry

I think maybe Stephanie will give names inspired by looking into her Lannoy family tree, or Alix as her passed parents' names: Alix for the girl or Phillipe for the boy for sure, but not as the first name. Beautiful name is Baudouin (de Lannoy) - a connection with Belgian Royal Family, Valentin, Florent, Antoine, Maximilien, Jean, Adrien, Jacques, François. Madeleine, Jacqueline, Claudine, Hélène, Marguerite, Eleonore, Clementine, Josephine, Isabelle. So many beautiful names for a girl.

George R. R. Martin: "A Dance With Dragons"
Old 12-06-2019, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Alix Maria Teresa Josephine-Charlotte Stephanie of Luxemburg

Prince Jean Henri Philippe Maria Guillaume of Luxemburg

Godparents: Princess Alexandra of Luxemburg, Count Jehan de Lannoy.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Jean or Henri for a boy.
Charlotte or Alix for a girl.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:13 AM
Courtier

Personally I hope it will be a girl so we will have another female future monarch.

Girl: Antonia/Isabelle for the first name, and Alix, Madeleine, Teresa or Josephine came after it
Boy: Joseph/Alexandre for first name, Jean, Henri or Philippe for the middle names

Godparents: I think normally they will choose close relatives (parents' silbing or grandparents)? So probably Stephanie's sibling Jehan or Natalie, and Alexandra or Felix. But like many of you I would love to see Elisabeth of Belgium being a godparent too.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Royal Highness

I expect that Alice, her mother’s name, will be in the mix if not the first name.

Alix-Marie Teresa Josephine Charlotte
Old 12-06-2019, 07:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

I like the names Jean, Phillipe and Henri ...maybe they can use all of them in one order or another. I kinda like Phillipe best for a first name.

For a girl I really like Helena, Josephine, Madeleine and even Natalie for a name.

LaRae
Old 12-06-2019, 08:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Personally I hope it will be a girl so we will have another female future monarch.
That would be very nice, as well as marking the first time that a woman would become the head of the House of Nassau while there were males of that lineage still living. But four of the five children and three of the four grandchildren (in male lineage) of Grand Duke Henri are male, so a boy appears to be the safer guess.

In that event, I would love to see them follow the precedent set with the names of Grand Dukes Jean and Henri and revive the name of another ruling count or duke of Luxembourg. A Sigismond or Othon would be a refreshing change from the numerous Jeans and Guillaumes in the Nassau family (though I have no idea how the names of medieval monarchs might sound from a modern Luxembourgian viewpoint).
Old 12-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Aristocracy

Male
Jean Henri Philippe Marie
Guillaume Henri Philippe Marie
Alexandre Henri Philippe Marie

Female
Elisabeth Alix Marie Teresa
Charlotte Alix Marie Teresa
Sophie Alix Marie Teresa
Old 12-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Nobility

For a girl: Adélaïde Marie Joséphine Alix

For a boy : Baudoin Philippe Marie Charles
Old 12-06-2019, 10:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Girl : Charlotte Alix Thérèse Elisabeth

Boy: Jean Philippe Albert Guillaume

Absolutely perfect. Both of them!

I adore CP Victoria but she has an army of godchildren at this point.

I would like to see the young Duchess of Brabant as godmother, and Prince Felix as god father. Or Prince Louis.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Majesty

Boy: Joseph Guillaume Philippe Alexandre
Girl: Marie Alix Madeleine Alexandra.

Godparents: Duchess of Brabant, Count Olivier de Lannoy.