Death of Comtesse Alix de Lannoy: August 26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very sad news and tragedy for Stephanie. I wonder if they postpone the wedding ceremony or it will be just more private, in religious terms.

What terrible news! So so sad that she will not get to see her daughter marry.

Awful ! I feel very much for her family !

How terrible sad! I´m so sorry for them, she won´t see her daughter´s wedding, and Stephanie won´t have her mother with her on that day!
I guess it´s the worst that can happen just before the wedding. :sad:

Such sad news!
Stephanie's father is 90 and at the engagement of his youngest daughter he looked so frail...
I am afraid he will soon follow his wife...
You see that often with elderly couples. I hope he will get to see his youngest daughter get married.

How terrible not to see your daughter marry. My heart goes out to her.

How sad,may she rest in peace.

Terribly sad! Here we were all worried about the health of her father, and it is her mother who has passed away. What a shock, as she was only 70 years old. Our thoughts are with Stephanie whose marriage to Prince Guillaume is less that eight weeks away. According to Hello! magazine, "the sad loss of Countess Alix is not expected to alter plans for the royal wedding."

Poor Stephanie - this should be such a happy time for her in the lead up to her wedding. Like others I thought it was her father's health that would be the cause for concern.

Oh how terrible! The poor family must be in shock. So sad for this to happen so close to Stephanie's wedding.

Sad, but not a total surprise. Stéphanie's parents are old enough to be her grandparents at least ... So it was to be expected she woould loose one of them when she was still so young. It must also be upsetting for her to know they will never see her children, or see them grow up...

Poor thing.

Very sad. Must be a shock as its the father who looked frail and has been ailing.

Poor girl. :sad:

Such sad news, how horrible for Stéphanie that her mother wont be there on her special day. R.I.P.

They are strong in faith, but still it's very hard to lose loved ones. It will make the wedding more nostalgic and tender, I think.

It is sad news. Condolences to the de Lannoy family.

How sad! What is supposed to be a very happy day for Stephanie will be bittersweet. Especially since her mother died so close to the wedding. :(

poor stephanie. it must be heartbreaking not to have your mother by your side on your wedding day, specially when her death is so close. at least her mother got to meet his future husband and his family, it must be somewhat liberating.

on the positive side, this will only strengthen her relationship with her future in laws.

my heart is broken by this news.;_;
it was expected that Stephanie would lose either of them while young because they're old, but i never thought it would be this soon and close to the wedding.

The absence of a parent is always keenly felt at weddings. What should be a happy family day will now not be entirely as it should be. My condolences to de Lannoy family.

What sad and terrible news. My heart goes out to Stephanie and her family.

This is a shock. It goes to show that you never know, posters were predicting the father of the bride's demise and now this.
I don't know how she can go on with her wedding less than 2 months away.

It's such sad news for Stephanie and her family.
I'm sure it would be somewhat tricky to change the date now but at least it will give Staphanie something to do and look forward to. In my experience there's nothing worse than, after the death of a loved one, going back to normal and not having much too do. Im sure her husband to be and his family will do all they can to support her.

Last edited:
It is longer to recover from a sudden death like this... you are quite unprepared... two months are nothing.

Oh My God! What a tragedy! The odd thing is that we all thought that her father who is fragile and in his nineties was the one who was going to die so, but it was the other way around. Gee, I hope that her father makes it to the wedding. I know that often when one older spouse goes, the other one is not far behind. Understanding how fragile the Count is, I hope that his wife's death is not too debilitating to his constitution. Poor Stephanie. This is not going to be such a happy wedding.

How unfortunate, my sympathies to the family. Here I thought that her father might not make it to the wedding but it happened to be her mother. Lets hope her father stays strong and lasts to the wedding as its not uncommon for elderly couples to pass away close to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom