Baptism of Prince François: June 3, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Prince François was christened today, June 3, 2023!

The Grand-Ducal Family and the Lannoy Family gathered this Saturday in the Church of Fischbach to celebrate the Baptism of H.R.H. Prince François during a mass presided over by His Eminence Cardinal Jean-Claude Hollerich, Archbishop of Luxemburg.

H.R.H. Princess Alexandra, sister of H.R.H. the Hereditary Grand Duke and Count Christian de Lannoy, brother of H.R.H. the Hereditary Grand Duchess, are godmother and godfather to H.R.H. Prince François.

** instagram gallery **

** rtl.lu gallery: Baptism Prince François (3.6.23) **

** wort.lu article with gallery and video: Die schönsten Fotos der Taufe von Prinz François **

** virgule article with gallery: Les plus belles photos du baptême du Prince François **

Last edited:
And who are his godparents?

And who are his godparents?
Princess Alexandra and Count Christian. See the announcement in the first post.

I noticed that Sébastien wasn't present. He did attend the wedding of crown prince Hussain and (now) princess Rajwa on Thursday but it should have been possible to get back in time to Luxembourg for his nephew's baptism I'd think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone looks fantastic. Stephanie seems less tense than she did at the Octave, maybe because infant François
is not as fussy as he was at Procession.

Little Charles is becoming more shy as he grows up, hiding his face on Gui's shoulder.

And the newlyweds are in attendance!?

So no wonder only Sebastian attended the Jordanian wedding then, the rest of the family will have been at the christening.

Love that Alex is godmother.

Did Prince François wear the same dress that Charles wore on his christening day?

:previous: It looks exactly the same as the robe Prince Charles wore.

I LOVE the family photo- the one with the GD and Lannoy families. It's so nice to see that since I don't believe Charles got to have the entire families at this christening since it was during Covid.

Prince Charles had quite the same people at his baptism that François has. A considerable contingent of both sides of the family.

The only differences are that the location is different, and everyone was masked. And we didn't see family group photos.

Last edited:
Prince Francois is baptized on the day his uncle Prince Felix has a birthday.
Prince Francois is baptized on the day I have a birthday.

Guillaume and Stephanie looks radiant! and Charles is adorable as usual. Love that big family photo, sometimes I forget both Guillaume and Stephanie comes from a really big family. Can someone help to identify everyone in the photo?:flowers:

Prince Charles had quite the same people at his baptism that François has. A considerable contingent of both sides of the family.

The only differences are that the location is different, and everyone was masked. And we didn't see family group photos.

Another difference is that for Prince Charles, the baptism rites were divided into two sessions: the actual baptism with water was performed privately on the day of his birth (May 10, 2020) and then the rest of the "complementary rites" four months later in the presence of guests (September 19, 2020).

The extended discussion of his two-part baptism begins here: https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...bourg-19-sept-2020-a-47919-2.html#post2343311

That they did not use the same method for their second child seems to confirm that for Charles, it was down to Covid-19 restrictions and not personal preferences.

(Does the parents' choice to immediately baptize their first child privately, instead of waiting to see when pandemic restrictions would be lifted, suggest that they are devout Christians?)

:previous: Hi TM, both Stephanie and Gui are pretty observant but I don't believe that is why Prince Charles was received into the Church the same day he was born. Otherwise, why not do the same for François?

I think in Charles's situation it was an overabundance of caution due to the pandemic that impacted the decision to baptize him immediately....UNLESS there was also a health complication for the infant in the delivery room that was kept out of the media.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom