The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-21-2020, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Baby is lovely, and will be 5 months on 27th September. He's a much bigger baby than Prince Christian of Denmark at his christening.

Would there have been the same kind of large gathering in Luxembourg; in normal circumstances?

Old 09-21-2020, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Baby is lovely, and will be 5 months on 27th September.
He will 5 months on 10 October, not 27th September.

Yes, he is lovely and we can assume there would have be a large crowding if he had been baptized in "normal" circumstances.

Old 09-21-2020, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Would there have been the same kind of large gathering in Luxembourg; in normal circumstances?

Don't think so as the christeniongs in the Grand Ducal Family all have been smaller affairs. Similiar to the christenings in the belgian and british RF's.

Old 09-22-2020, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
charles is an adorable baby. and guillaume and stephanie look simply exultant with their newborn!

it was probably a good move to not announce the date of the baptism and to move it to a quieter location given the risks surrounding COVID. i also note that the attendance is much smaller than the extended family you'd expect to see, with the GD's Siblings and their family. shame to not see alexandra there. and also, what happened to sebastian?

the choice of louis as the godfather is also an interesting one. i thought felix would be the godfather chosen.
It's a bit odd that they picked the only sibling that is NOT in the line of succession. However, maybe they have a closer relationship than Guillaume and Félix.

Let's take a look at earlier godparent choices:

Louis picked:
1. Alexandra
2. Guillaume

Félix picked:
1. Alexandra
2. Sébastien

Guillaume picked:
1. Louis

Of course, Alexandra is their number 1 option if they look for a godmother among their siblings. In the case of Louis, Tessy's first choice most likely was her twin brother (which they picked) leaving them with Alexandra is the godmother (in addition, asking Guillaume would probably have been frowned upon at that point). For Félix, something similar applied: Claire's only sibling is her brother Felix, so the logical choice, again leaving Alexandra is the preferred option for godmother. So, only for their second child they could choose between their brothers: Louis picked Guillaume and Félix picked Sébastien, so they might have a little more in common with the brother they picked than with the other brother(s). So, from that perspective, it makes sense that Guillaume picked the brother that he might enjoy a closer relationship with.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
On social networks of the Luxembourg Monarchy it is written that the photos are of the baptism of Prince Charles. It doesn't make sense that he had a secret christening before.

More information, photos and video on the website of the Luxembourg Monarchy:
Baptême de S.A.R. le Prince Charles - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Septembre 2020
If I wouldn´t know who they were it would not occur to me they were royal.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Why would you not think that Guillaume, Stephanie, and Charles were royal?
Old 10-09-2020, 07:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
That's an interesting thing to say. I'm curious as to what prompted you to say this.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Same here, especially as those two are more traditionally "Royal " than many of the modern Royals on the scene. They are dignified, non flashy, devout, kind and intelligent, both multilingual with impeccable aristocratic pedigree.

Sounds pretty Royal to me.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968

Tags
baptism, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duke guillaume, luxembourg, prince charles of luxembourg