A Boy for Guillaume and Stéphanie - Charles: May 10, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What sweet and beautiful baby! :wub::wub::wub: Charles is so adorable! I see some Guillaume in him, specially the mouth and nose! So so so happy for them!

G & S look simply so joyous! and who wouldn't be... Charles is an adorable baby! i love his little going out outfit with a small bear. so sweet.

Charles was probably long in the making and i am sure they have been so happy over the last week seeing the culmination of that project.

poor stephanie, she does seem to hobble slightly when walking. given this, i'm very glad they stood for the journalists. other couples in the same situation would have said that due to the virus they wouldn't be posing for the press, but G & S always make a point to get the public involved. it is very nice of them. they have a real sense of duty.

Guillaume said in the Interview before the Hopstial (the one in letzeburgish) that Stephanie has to remain in Hosptial probably till Tuesday or Wednesday so yes thay are still there. In this one he also mentioned the Cesarian section.

oh, so was it confirmed that it was a C Section? someone said it was probably scheduled, but the forum questioned it given it was a sunday when it took place. not usual i guess to have a scheduled C section on a sunday but I guess that would mean a more tranquil hospital - particularly important in these times of COVID 19 both (both for the baby to make sure there's as little people as possible in the ward who can transmit the virus and for medical staff to be more available to attend to them as they'd probably have been the only scheduled birth).

looks like the photos were by Studio by C, who posted a thank you message on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/studiobycphotography/

:previous: I tend to believe that the early Sunday morning C-section was an emergency after Stephanie's labor did not progress all day Saturday and into the night.

I am happy that she was in the hospital and not at home at Fischbach.:sad:

:previous: I tend to believe that the early Sunday morning C-section was an emergency after Stephanie's labor did not progress all day Saturday and into the night.

HGD Guillaume did indeed confirm it in the Lëtzebuergesch part of his speech on Sunday.

:previous: I could not agree more. The look on Princess Charlene's face the day that her twins were baptized almost made me cry. I still watch the video, it was such a grand and joyous occasion!

I feel the same for Gui and Stephanie. Prince Charles is such a little love! They are going to have so much fun at home bonding with him!?

Yes, the twins' christening was wonderful, it was the most impressive royal christening I've ever seen, even outdoing the Swedes for once:lol: The Princess of Monaco was very lucky in having twins as she had no subsequent children. I hope that G and S are also able to have a second child eventually but I'm sure they will still feely hugely blessed even if they don't.

oh, so was it confirmed that it was a C Section? someone said it was probably scheduled, but the forum questioned it given it was a sunday when it took place. not usual i guess to have a scheduled C section on a sunday but I guess that would mean a more tranquil hospital - particularly important in these times of COVID 19 both (both for the baby to make sure there's as little people as possible in the ward who can transmit the virus and for medical staff to be more available to attend to them as they'd probably have been the only scheduled birth).

looks like the photos were by Studio by C, who posted a thank you message on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/studiobycphotography/
There may have been a scheduled c-section (or induction) but the baby may have decided to come on his own before the date chosen so they let her try a natural birth that in the end wasn't possible.

There may have been a scheduled c-section (or induction) but the baby may have decided to come on his own before the date chosen so they let her try a natural birth that in the end wasn't possible.

Makes sense! So in the end it was a C Section still but a kind of unplanned one...

Did G say it in the video outside the hospital then? (The Luxembourgish version) C sections is a safe delivery method so it’s possible that it was for the best given how precious Charles is to the GDF.

Last edited:
I love the additional photos of Charles - he is a gorgeous little one. Stephanie and Guillaume are going to be wonderful parents; they've waited so long for this moment.

Makes sense! So in the end it was a C Section still but a kind of unplanned one...

Did G say it in the video outside the hospital then? (The Luxembourgish version) C sections is a safe delivery method so it’s possible that it was for the best given how precious Charles is to the GDF.

I assume they thought it was for the best. It's been a practice for a long time if a birth doesn't progress after 24 hours they may decide to take additional measures (I was safely delivered in the same way - it's probably one of the most grueling for new mothers; as they both had most of the 'trouble' of a 'natural birth' for 24 hours or so AND also having all the side effects of a C-section in the end; I'd say either a scheduled C-section or a full natural birth is preferable over this).

I assume they thought it was for the best. It's been a practice for a long time if a birth doesn't progress after 24 hours they may decide to take additional measures (I was safely delivered in the same way - it's probably one of the most grueling for new mothers; as they both had most of the 'trouble' of a 'natural birth' for 24 hours or so AND also having all the side effects of a C-section in the end; I'd say either a scheduled C-section or a full natural birth is preferable over this).
Well, having given birth both ways (a 1310g preemie by c-section, and a 4.79kg bruiser naturally) I MUCH prefer nature's way! I couldn't imagine essentially doing BOTH for one baby - the c-section was a much longer recovery.

Well, having given birth both ways (a 1310g preemie by c-section, and a 4.79kg bruiser naturally) I MUCH prefer nature's way! I couldn't imagine essentially doing BOTH for one baby - the c-section was a much longer recovery.

OMG! You had a 4.79kg baby!? :eek::eek::eek::eek: I thought mine at 4.09kg was big!

I had only c-sections with my kids. My first was an induction, but due to failure to progress (which I suspect was the case with HGD Stephanie), it became a c-section. My planned c-section was a lot better recovery.

But as many of us say - the birth, albeit natural or c-section, is the easy part!

Last edited:
OMG! You had a 4.79kg baby!? :eek::eek::eek::eek: I thought mine at 4.09kg was big!

I had only c-sections with my kids. My first was an induction, but due to failure to progress (which I suspect was the case with HGD Stephanie), it became a c-section. My planned c-section was a lot better recovery.

But as many of us say - the birth, albeit natural or c-section, is the easy part!
Yep, my son was a big boy. He actually stayed big and grew to to 1.93m. He's 28 now, lift weights and rock climbs. My daughter is 30, 1.68m and very slim.

A very probable scenario is that Stephanie was laboring with the intention to give birth naturally and baby Charles had a non reassuring fetal heart rate (happens all the time!)so they decided to do an emergency C-section.
It's the only reason one would do a C-section on a pregnant woman of advanced maternal age, on a Sunday, and at 5'oclock in the morning.

Adorable baby!!! Congrats to the family. They deserve all the happiness!

A very probable scenario is that Stephanie was laboring with the intention to give birth naturally and baby Charles had a non reassuring fetal heart rate (happens all the time!)so they decided to do an emergency C-section.
It's the only reason one would do a C-section on a pregnant woman of advanced maternal age, on a Sunday, and at 5'oclock in the morning.

That is the most likely scenario. It makes me admire her even more for facing the cameras with a radiant smile 3 days later. A long hard labour OR a Caesarean delivery alone would have been daunting. But the after affects of both, together, would be pretty painful and exhausting.:eek:

Glad she didn't try to opt for a home birth after all.

I hope she is getting a lot of rest, care and assistance with her beautiful baby son.

Last edited:
I'm delighted for this little family that the precious babe is safely here.

I expect all the extended family will have to visit baby on ZOOM.

Does Stephanie have sisters?

Also, if the baby had been a girl; would a brother take precedence from an older sister?

Last edited:

Also, if the baby had been a girl; would a brother take precedence from an older sister?

Yes Stephanie has 3 sisters and 4 brothers.

Last edited:
:flowers:

No, if Gui and Stephanie had had a daughter, she would have been the Heiress regardless of any male children that eventually followed.

I am sure that they are cherishing these first days and weeks of quiet to bond alone with their new son.

They must not have difficulties bonding with such a desired and hoped for child !

I can't wait for the baptism and this Christmas is going to be wonderfu! We are undoubtedly going to see photographs of the Guillaume, Stephanie and Charles surrounded by the festivities of Christmas! Such a beautiful little boy! Can't wait!

I'm so happy for the two! Prince Charles is the first of his generation to be called Prince of Luxembourg.

I think its time to change the name of the main thread and add "...and family". ;)

Back
Top Bottom