The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2020, 11:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
Well, having given birth both ways (a 1310g preemie by c-section, and a 4.79kg bruiser naturally) I MUCH prefer nature's way! I couldn't imagine essentially doing BOTH for one baby - the c-section was a much longer recovery.
OMG! You had a 4.79kg baby!? I thought mine at 4.09kg was big!

I had only c-sections with my kids. My first was an induction, but due to failure to progress (which I suspect was the case with HGD Stephanie), it became a c-section. My planned c-section was a lot better recovery.

But as many of us say - the birth, albeit natural or c-section, is the easy part!

Old 05-14-2020, 11:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
OMG! You had a 4.79kg baby!? I thought mine at 4.09kg was big!

I had only c-sections with my kids. My first was an induction, but due to failure to progress (which I suspect was the case with HGD Stephanie), it became a c-section. My planned c-section was a lot better recovery.

But as many of us say - the birth, albeit natural or c-section, is the easy part!
Yep, my son was a big boy. He actually stayed big and grew to to 1.93m. He's 28 now, lift weights and rock climbs. My daughter is 30, 1.68m and very slim.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

A very probable scenario is that Stephanie was laboring with the intention to give birth naturally and baby Charles had a non reassuring fetal heart rate (happens all the time!)so they decided to do an emergency C-section.
It's the only reason one would do a C-section on a pregnant woman of advanced maternal age, on a Sunday, and at 5'oclock in the morning.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:27 PM
Commoner

Adorable baby!!! Congrats to the family. They deserve all the happiness!
Old 05-16-2020, 10:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
A very probable scenario is that Stephanie was laboring with the intention to give birth naturally and baby Charles had a non reassuring fetal heart rate (happens all the time!)so they decided to do an emergency C-section.
It's the only reason one would do a C-section on a pregnant woman of advanced maternal age, on a Sunday, and at 5'oclock in the morning.
That is the most likely scenario. It makes me admire her even more for facing the cameras with a radiant smile 3 days later. A long hard labour OR a Caesarean delivery alone would have been daunting. But the after affects of both, together, would be pretty painful and exhausting.

Glad she didn't try to opt for a home birth after all.

I hope she is getting a lot of rest, care and assistance with her beautiful baby son.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-17-2020, 05:40 AM
Courtier

I'm delighted for this little family that the precious babe is safely here.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:05 PM
Courtier

I expect all the extended family will have to visit baby on ZOOM.

Does Stephanie have sisters?

Also, if the baby had been a girl; would a brother take precedence from an older sister?
Old 05-21-2020, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post

Also, if the baby had been a girl; would a brother take precedence from an older sister?
Yes Stephanie has 3 sisters and 4 brothers.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post

No, if Gui and Stephanie had had a daughter, she would have been the Heiress regardless of any male children that eventually followed.

I am sure that they are cherishing these first days and weeks of quiet to bond alone with their new son.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-21-2020, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

They must not have difficulties bonding with such a desired and hoped for child !
Old 05-21-2020, 09:11 PM
Aristocracy

I can't wait for the baptism and this Christmas is going to be wonderfu! We are undoubtedly going to see photographs of the Guillaume, Stephanie and Charles surrounded by the festivities of Christmas! Such a beautiful little boy! Can't wait!