Will Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling Marry in 2009?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling Marry in 2009?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • No, they will get engaged in 2009 and marry in 2010

Votes: 47 32.2%
  • No, they will get engaged & married in 2010

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • No, they will get married in 2011

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • No, they will get married after 2011

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No, they will never get married

Votes: 52 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Well, we have been holding this poll annualy since TRF started me thinks, so why break a tradition? Until the event actually happens or the couple breaks up we will continue... So cast your votes please :boxing:!

Last edited:
I voted yes, because I want to believe they'll finally take the next step after being together for so long.

God I hope so. At the rate Victoria is going, any of her several godchildren will get married before her.

But, we musn't put all our eggs in one basket. A visit to the green couch would suffice. Otherwise CP or Madeleine might have to produce the future of the Swedish Royal Family.

I've given up hope and voted for "they will never get married". Hopefully though its a case of when you expect it the least, it will happen :)

At the rate things are going between these two ( according to the press/mags) they will never get married although I am hopeful.

If these two ever get married, I will eat a live goldfish.

If these two ever get married, I will eat a live goldfish.

In case an announcement comes up this is the second thing I'll think about - be sure we'll ask for a youTube proof Maura! :ROFLMAO:

I think ; No, they will get engaged in 2009 and marry in 2010.

I guess they'll marry in june 2010. Queen Silvia was 32 years old (33 in december) when she married the king in 1976. Maybe she and the king thinks that there's no hurry until then. Victoria will be 33 in july 2010.
June is the perfect month for a Sweden royal wedding, with all the cheering people. But a midwinter wedding could be absolutely magic - if there's snow...

And yes, I think Daniel will be a very good Prince Consort. I vote "2010" but will be very happy if they say "I do" (or "yes", as we say in Sweden)
in 2009.:flowers:

I think they will get engaged in 2009 and marry in 2010 (I hope !)

Engaged 2009 Marry 2010 also I Want proof on the goldfish pledge lol :p

Oh I really hope that they get married. I really like this couple, and Victoria in particular, and I'd love to see her with a family and children soon. I voted engagement 2009, wedding 2010, which is wishful thinking on my part.

I voted for "No, they will never get married".

IMOVictoria should forget about Daniel and look for better guy who really wants to marry her .... :whistling:
I seriously don't think they will EVER marry.

What is this guy doing? How old is he ? How long have they been together? Does have any education?

I don't think that they will ever get married. I must admit part of me hopes that they do... I want to see Maura eat a goldfish!

What is this guy doing? How old is he ? How long have they been together? Does have any education?

He is working with gyms. Is co-owner of 2 exclusive gyms, (soon) 2 public gyms and one gym in a golf hotel. And he is planning to invest into a 6 stars hotel project in Brazil. Though me and many others wonder, if he has enough money for investment. His gyms are said not to run thaaat well.

He is 35. Same birthday as Letizia and Harry.

They have dated for about 7 years.

He had studied at a sports college for 2 years and then he had started to work at gyms. Later him and and a colleague took Master Training, an exclusive gym, over. In the beginning he had owned 30%. Firstly Madeleine became his customer there, later Victoria.
Even though the press had often babbled about "prince school", there are no hints, he was attending Royal related courses like English (wasn´t his best subject at school) or History. What we know he just had attended business-related courses.

Poor goldfish, but as weird as things seem with this slow-mo couple, I guess "Goldy" can survive this ;)

ruthieviews

Maybe he is waiting for the 6-Star Hotel and vacation complex in Brazil to get enough funding. However, that would not explain why her brother and sister have not married before her. I still think they are being blocked by the absence of approval from her parents and/or government approval. Why else would the entire family wait this long for one of them to get engaged, much less get married. They are not all in the hotel & vacation complex or the gymnasium business. If Jonas or Emma call it quits, we will then know that they were tired of waiting for the approval of big sister's choice of husband. It is hard to believe them when they all smile and say "no one is preventing us from getting married." ALL OF THEM? Ah Come on. We don't believe it any more.

Last edited:
I don´t find it soooo suprising Madeleine and CP aren´t married yet.
She is 26...and hardly anyone of her Royal cousins (meaning Carl Gustaf´s nephews and nieces) had married earlier
And Carl Philip...it´s obvious, Emma isn´t his big love, he would die for. Why they are not breaking up is an other story.
But if Victoria and Daniel would wait much longer, Madeleine sooner or later would get frustrated. I guess Jonas really is the one for her.

Might be, that Daniel wanna have a fortune firstly. But that is risky. And really...it isn´t that he would lean back and would do nothing as Royal. He would get a "salary" for work, just as his wife. And his wife hadn´t earned the private fortune, she will inherit (or already got), by work either.

:confused: dating the crown princess for about 7 years!!! what are they waiting for??? by now they should be knowing each other by heart!!! i hope that princess victoria would marry who she loves and who is worthy of having her in the end, buuuut i don't think that it is going to be d.westling (giving goldie another chance for surviving);)

some relationships are never getting anywhere and this one seems to be one of those. it's already getting too tight for a wedding in 2009, and honestly, even if there is an engagement this year, will people - apart from some of us - really get excited? there is something about this couple that is strange or not working. maybe vikki wants to become the next virgin queen inspired by Elizabeth I, have a terrific reign and leave the production to her siblings, thumbing her nose at the nation.

Yes, maybe she's planning to buck tradition by maintaining her relationship with Daniel without ever getting married. That would certainly raise eyebrows even though that sort of thing is relatively common amongst us mere mortals (commoners) :). I don't suppose anyone can do anything about it at all if that's her choice.

Hm, doesn't sound like bucking tradition, but bring an old one back of having a royal mistress (or mister in this case). That would rid any argument about her being boring.:lol:

i guess , they will never get married , but vote for , they will get engaged in 2009 and marry in 2010, because icany wait more to see this princess married !
i don't konw what she is waiting for ??? she is 31years old know , betwen fiancaille and marriage (2years) she wll be in her 33years old !

If Mr Westling is not the man for Victoria, they're going to have to split up pretty darn soon in order for there to be a suitable time for Victoria to be single before embarking on another relationship with an eventual view to getting married. That said, I think there is still plenty of time for Victoria and Daniel to get married and assuming they both want children (rather than it being a case of Victoria marrying anyone so as to produce an heir) she could be fit and healthy enough to start a family into her late 30's. Who knows what the delay might be - for all we know they could be secretly engaged as we speak ready to spring a surprise announcement at any second!

I voted for YES! what ever is stopping them I send my good vibes for it to dissipate.

Now, a real opinion. This is really annoying to discuss, pretty much like the relationship of William and Kate, people talking like they knew a crap about the intimacy of a couple. I think it is really up to them. I don't agree with Jacknch that she could be fit and healthy in her late 30's to start a family, in my opinion, women shouldn't wait that long as a matter of health. But is up to HER and HIM.

What do we know about their relationship??? what we see in pictures people!, we don't see them interact and even if we did a couple's life is complex and they will know when to either split or get married.We know so little, that I swore Carl Philip had broken up with Emma and it turns they weren't. For what we know, they are dating and Daniel moved to the palace.

Until the annoucement of the engagement, I feel intrusive to be talking about a couple that I see from far

But not speculating is boooooring.
Of course it doesn´t change much...but so what.

It can take several years for a couple to marry, take it from a woman who had been together with her current husband for six and a half years before actually tying the knot... :whistling: Of course we had been living together for five years and had been engaged little over five years.

I think there might be several things why Victoria hasn't married yet. She seems to be a perfectionist and takes her role very seriously so maybe she really wants to make sure she's making the right choice and that everything will be "perfect". It might even be that despite the fact that she knows that an heir is expected of her (and might even like to have children), she doesn't feel like the time is right for it. Or maybe Daniel isn't sure he wants to become a prince.

I have a feeling, and I might be wrong, that Daniel and Victoria will never marry. I secretly kind of hope they won't... I think she could do better. There's the thing that seems to be very common among the young royals which is first dating someone for several years and then announcing an engagement with someone who seems to come sort of out of the blue. It might even be that the couple have been seeing each other for years without the press finding out. I guess meeting someone at the Olympic Games is out of the question now unless Victoria met someone in Beijing providing she was there (I'm not sure).. :rolleyes:

Why are we making this topic again? I don't think they will marry anytime soon. They either marry after 2011 or never.

Why are we making this topic again? I don't think they will marry anytime soon. They either marry after 2011 or never.

2 more years with Victoria´s I-do-not-want-attention programme :eek:
It´s one thing, she is spending her private time with Don Westling in her 2 room apartment...but it´s an other, she had reduced her programme more or less to award giving, short university courses and sightseeing trips. Nothing with big business trips and an entourage of press ppl following.
She doesn´t wanna get into the focus as spinster.
That´s obvious for everyone, who was following her schedule for real in the past years (since her comeback after her anorexia)
Earlier she did real business trips or humanitarian ones. And the conflict resolution thing, seemed like a field, she wanted to go into. But now there is nothing like Haakon´s (AIDS), or Willem Alexander´s (Water) or Philippe´s (trade) engagement in sight.
And the calendar doesn´t promise much for the first third of 2009 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom