Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 5: January 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 5 of the thread for General News about Victoria, Daniel and their family!

You can find the old thread here:

** Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 4: September 2017 - December 2020 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Non-profit organization Hemlösa.se reminisces at its Instagram Victoria being awarded in 2014 with Homeless Hero Prize, which is given every year to persons and organizations who have worked to improve the situation of homeless people in one way or another.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJgUDUcMAXf/

Svensk Damtidning reminisces what Victoria has said about her and Daniel's relationship:
In their wedding book
- Quite early on, we wanted to believe that it would be the two of us. At least I did.
At TV4's documentary "Victoria 40 years"
- It was a very strong friendship that grew and which is also the basis for our love today. He is a wise person and I feel good about having him close to me.
At an interview at Kungliga Magasinet
- It's not easy to get into our family and it's not an easy role to get into. But we feel very safe together and have built up a strong base. We have a fine personal chemistry and complement each other well. Our love and friendship is a really strong foundation to stand on and we also have a lot of fun together.
Victorias oväntade ord om relationen med Daniel _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning has asked Margareta Thorgren, why Victoria's calendar is empty (the whole court calendar is).

SD asked if Victoria has a Christmas holiday with the children or is she working. Thorgren said that it is a combination, the Christmas holidays are not over. There is a school holiday still this week, but at the same time it is planning work that is going on. For example, to Folk och Försvar National Conference (Society and Defence), where Victoria participates together with the king. The royals are rarely completely free, even though the court doesn't communicate all the meetings in which they participate. Victoria spends a lot of time preparing to her work events.
The court doesn't tell how the Crown Princess family celebrated Christmas. They are still careful about meeting people indoors. So maybe the king and queen didn't deliver Christmas presents themselves. But of course Estelle and Oscar have close contact with their grandparents, both in Drottningholm and Ockelbo.
Därför gapar kronprinsessan Victorias kalender tom _*Svensk Dam

At an interview at Kungliga Magasinet
- It's not easy to get into our family and it's not an easy role to get into. But we feel very safe together and have built up a strong base. We have a fine personal chemistry and complement each other well. Our love and friendship is a really strong foundation to stand on and we also have a lot of fun together.
Victorias oväntade ord om relationen med Daniel _*Svensk Dam

A rather revealing slip (?) of the tongue.

Swedish artist and writer Ernst Billgren is one of the stars at SVT's program "Stjärnorna på slottet" (Stars at the Castle). He is a friend of Victoria.
Actor Ola Rapace addresses Billgren's extensive network of contacts
- You have a phone book where you can call the whole of Sweden's celebrity elite in principle, he says.
Artist Charlotte Perrelli asks about this in the program.
- I have heard that you are good friends with the Crown Princess, how do you usually hang out? she says.
Ernst Billgren doesn't want to answer, he only says that he likes to talk about everyone but not about "that gang".
The friendship was noticed when Ernst Billgren gave a gift to Victoria and Daniel in connection with their marriage in 2010 and move into Haga Palace, a specially designed glass ceiling lamp. His daughter Elsa Billgre also revealed in the TV program "Äkta Billgrens" that her father and Victoria have taken diving certifications together once upon a time.
Stjärnorna på Slottet_ Billgrens vägran Victoria-frågan

Last edited:
Author Ann-Helen Laestadius has Sami roots and knows what it is like to grow up in an environment with widely differing cultural influences.
Ann-Helen is interviewed in the latest Vi Läser magazine and she spoke also about Victoria.
- When the exhibition about Sápmi was inaugurated in 2007 at the Nordic Museum, I handed over an SMS from Soppero to Crown Princess Victoria. I told her briefly what it was about and then she said: "But that theme I can recognize myself in, having a mother who did not pass on her language". I had met her before, when an evening newspaper sent me down to the Riviera for an interview, says Ann-Helen.
Queen Silvia thus made a conscious decision not to teach the royal children German. But she made sure that others did it for her. Victoria and her siblings received home language instruction in German at home during school time.
Kronprinsessan Victorias avslöjande om mamma Silvia _*Svensk Dam

EV Landshut Red Vs Wolves EHC Freiburg in Ice hockey, 24th January
At the Ice Stadium on Gutenbergweg were celebrity fans as cardboard cutouts, among them Victoria.
https://d0.momapix.com/legionmedia/...4455c48c716daa1/MGO1000451212.jpg?w=834&h=660
https://d0.momapix.com/legionmedia/...6acdbd1f7923f9d/MGO1000456784.jpg?w=834&h=660

Svensk Damtidning's fashion expert has listed five Victoria's best outfits.
Kronprinsessan Victorias 5 bästa outfits YouPlay Dashboard

Svensk Damtidning's articles about Victoria's style, some months ago.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

At Facebook of the Royal Palaces today
The Lovers' Path at Djurgården
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's Lovers' Path runs along the Isbladskärret in southern Djurgården. The Lovers' Path was given as a gift before the Crown Princess Couple's wedding in 2010 by the World Wide Fund.
The path reflects the rich nature and animal life that exists at Djurgården. Isbladskärret is one of Stockholm's most species-rich bird lakes, including a large heron colony. Around the path there are information signs that tell about the different plants and species that are around the path.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f5778b73fb797269482fcd8d8bba0393&oe=604D93C1
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=0cf0ed9ba9c2151be74d6371680f6cfb&oe=60500993
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c18ffed61073334d50da1fde3d062857&oe=604F9D9C
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=90ed0cd9a03f41e50c294408c6d40451&oe=604E171C

Svensk Damtidning at its social media about Valentine's Day
Svensk Damtidning - Kuvat _ Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
The Crown Princess opened Stockholm fashion week last week
I'm just saying WOW, what a powerlook Victoria! Stylish, black, slim polo always goes home, but here it is really the jewelry that makes the whole outfit. In addition, the necklace is a real bargain signed H&M. The earrings, on the other hand, are a slightly more expensive story, about SEK 3,000 - designed by Ingy Stockholm. Nice!
Trenderna att längta efter från svenska modehusen 2021

Ever since Victoria and Daniel started dating, the people of Ockelbo have protected them. When journalists went to Ockelbo, they didn't get any answers, the people of Ockelbo sent them in the wrong direction and at the local pizzeria they refused to tell what Daniel used to order.
Almost 20 years later, the situation is the same. Anyone fishing for information about Daniel or Ewa and Olle Westling is met with silence.
Municipal councilor Magnus Jonsson says that no one has said that you should unite and not say anything, but it is about them having respect for each other, regardless of whether it is about princes and princesses or someone else. Ockelbo municipality decided early on not to try to make money of Daniel coming from there.
Daniel's parents have been determined in protecting their son and Victoria. They have never given a regular interview and the few times they have spoken, they have avoided answering questions about Victoria and Daniel. Ockelbo is a wonderful sanctuary for Victoria and Daniel.
Yngve Gunnarsson from Ockelbo folklore society says that they don't make a big fuss if they happen to meet Victoria and Daniel in the square or something like that. They behave as if they are any ordinary people. Years ago there was an ice party on the lake with snow and ice skating. Yngve was doing a snow sculpture. He saw a young couple and cheered, everyone in Ockelbo cheers. Then he saw a couple of sturdy guys with headphones and understood that they were their bodyguards who walked after them. But there was no crowd around them. The few times information or photos have been leaked from Ockelbo, it has come from people who don't live there. Every Easter artists and artisans open their workshops and receive visitors. Yngve knows that Victoria and Daniel usually look in and sit and have coffee, sometimes with Daniel's parents, and there has been no fuss about it. Except one year, when a photo appeared in an evening paper. A visitor not living in Ockelbo couldn't resist taking a photo. For the Ockelbo residents, it is important to avoid that, they want to show respect for Victoria and Daniel and their family. Yngve says that they can be proud of that Victoria and Daniel can visit the Westlings without a fuss and be a little like ordinary people.
Victoria och Daniel på fest i Ockelbo – Ewa Westlings beslut _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
The readers of Swedish gay magazine QX has voted Crown Princess Victoria the "Hetero of the year" following her digital inauguration speech for Stockholm Pride last year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL1-ehGg83e/?igshid=14vjqix76bo0z

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL1-XAwI5X4/?igshid=uyi8kyjr2akm

In a written thank you Victoria says:

Dear readers, I was really proud and happy to get this nice award from QX's readers. It means a lot to me. Thank you!
I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for the many warm greetings I received in connection with the inauguration of Stockholm Pride this summer.
The past year has been a challenge in many different ways. In many parts of the world, human rights work has been hampered or hindered by the pandemic. Therefore, it is now particularly important that we every day continue to work for a world where LGBTQI people are given the opportunity to live in freedom and without oppression. A world where you can be who you are, and be proud of it. I know that among you readers there are many dedicated people who for a long time have tirelessly fought for a more open and inclusive society. To you who have lead the struggle and to you who will pick up the torch, I want to send my warmest greetings and a big thank you.
Victoria

Article at the website of QX about Gaygala 2021, under the photo is text:
Photo: Peter Knutson. Hair: Peter Andersson. Make up: Sara Eriksson. Thanks to: chambermaid Catharina Törnquist (Victoria's stylist).
QX Gaygala 2021 – Årets Hetero_ H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victoria – QX

Photos at court Facebook
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b2bc30a383e839be835802d58fe4b3bc&oe=60603CCD
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f819fb21daf3f91d76a32f7f127b6bd8&oe=605FF871

QX March Magazine has two covers, one with Darin and one with H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victoria och Darin pryder omslaget av QX mars – prenumerera nu och läs den idag – QX

Great to see Rio at the photo too.

Prinsessan Victoria utsedd till Årets Hetero på QX Gaygala
Victorias stora glädje över gayvärldens fina hyllning - Allt om kungligt

Photographer Peter Knutson at his Instagram
"So fun to do this photography at Haga Palace with our fantastic crown princess!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CL2X8sDpPKF/

Last edited:
Lisa Magnusson's column at Dagens Nyheter newspaper's Leader page, it's a paywall article.

Lisa Magnusson: During the pandemic, Crown Princess Victoria has become the leader politicians should be
The royals seem right now to be the only public representatives who do not try to find loopholes and gain advantages, but self-evidently do the right thing.
Lisa Magnusson_ Under pandemin har kronprinsessan Victoria blivit den ledare politikerna borde vara - DN.SE

Svensk Damtidning writes about Lisa Magnusson's column
Victoria and prime minister Stefan Löfven are completely divided on a very important issue. Victoria has remained stoic and collected, saying what needs to be said. Victoria has also made sure to live as she teaches. She chose to cancel the family's planned sports holiday trip, to set a good example for the Swedish people.
Is Victoria something unique among the people's representatives? That is the opinion of Lisa Magnusson, editorial writer at Dagens Nyheter.
Magnusson writes that "Politicians must, of course, represent the people. But they must also lead it. They have not handled that role well during the pandemic", and points out that Stefan Löfven went shopping for Christmas, and happily noted how few people were out there. Yes, because he himself said they should stay at home. Minister Magdalena Andersson went on a skiing holiday in the mountains, despite the fact that her government had just told everyone to refrain from all unnecessary travel.
"Politicians should show the way here. But they do not. In their place, another person has emerged: Crown Princess Victoria. The family's annual ski trip in the mountains has been canceled, the court announced the other day. And of course it is easier to forgo travel when you live in a big palace, but now during the pandemic, when the royals seem to be the only public representatives who do not try to find loopholes and gain advantages, but self-evidently do the right thing - then even a monarchy opponent like I myself relent. She seems well friendly and warm anyway, the Crown Princess?", Magnusson writes.
Stor splittring mellan Victoria och Stefan Löfven _*Svensk Dam
Translation

Last edited:
The readers of Swedish gay magazine QX has voted Crown Princess Victoria the "Hetero of the year" following her digital inauguration speech for Stockholm Pride last year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL1-ehGg83e/?igshid=14vjqix76bo0z

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL1-XAwI5X4/?igshid=uyi8kyjr2akm

In a written thank you Victoria says:

Dear readers, I was really proud and happy to get this nice award from QX's readers. It means a lot to me. Thank you!
I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for the many warm greetings I received in connection with the inauguration of Stockholm Pride this summer.
The past year has been a challenge in many different ways. In many parts of the world, human rights work has been hampered or hindered by the pandemic. Therefore, it is now particularly important that we every day continue to work for a world where LGBTQI people are given the opportunity to live in freedom and without oppression. A world where you can be who you are, and be proud of it. I know that among you readers there are many dedicated people who for a long time have tirelessly fought for a more open and inclusive society. To you who have lead the struggle and to you who will pick up the torch, I want to send my warmest greetings and a big thank you.
Victoria

Out of interest, did she and the past winners of the "Hetero of the year" award publicly confirm that they are heterosexuals or does the magazine make the assumption based on the high probability and lack of any contrasting evidence?

Ever since Victoria and Daniel started dating, the people of Ockelbo have protected them. When journalists went to Ockelbo, they didn't get any answers, the people of Ockelbo sent them in the wrong direction and at the local pizzeria they refused to tell what Daniel used to order.
Almost 20 years later, the situation is the same. Anyone fishing for information about Daniel or Ewa and Olle Westling is met with silence.
Municipal councilor Magnus Jonsson says that no one has said that you should unite and not say anything, but it is about them having respect for each other, regardless of whether it is about princes and princesses or someone else. Ockelbo municipality decided early on not to try to make money of Daniel coming from there.
Daniel's parents have been determined in protecting their son and Victoria. They have never given a regular interview and the few times they have spoken, they have avoided answering questions about Victoria and Daniel. Ockelbo is a wonderful sanctuary for Victoria and Daniel.
Yngve Gunnarsson from Ockelbo folklore society says that they don't make a big fuss if they happen to meet Victoria and Daniel in the square or something like that. They behave as if they are any ordinary people. Years ago there was an ice party on the lake with snow and ice skating. Yngve was doing a snow sculpture. He saw a young couple and cheered, everyone in Ockelbo cheers. Then he saw a couple of sturdy guys with headphones and understood that they were their bodyguards who walked after them. But there was no crowd around them. The few times information or photos have been leaked from Ockelbo, it has come from people who don't live there. Every Easter artists and artisans open their workshops and receive visitors. Yngve knows that Victoria and Daniel usually look in and sit and have coffee, sometimes with Daniel's parents, and there has been no fuss about it. Except one year, when a photo appeared in an evening paper. A visitor not living in Ockelbo couldn't resist taking a photo. For the Ockelbo residents, it is important to avoid that, they want to show respect for Victoria and Daniel and their family. Yngve says that they can be proud of that Victoria and Daniel can visit the Westlings without a fuss and be a little like ordinary people.
I am really impressed at Daniel's hometown residents and his family. The lengths they go to to keep Victoria and Daniel's privacy is almost unique. I see no reason why we need to know what toppings they have on their pizzas and any other habits, hobbies and passtimes they may indulge in when in Ockelbo or anywhere else for that matter.

Victoria is the Chair of Stifelsen Kronprinsessan Margaretas Minnesfond (Crown Princess Margareta's Memorial Fund). Funds available from the Memorial Fund shall be used for domestic social and charitable purposes.

Värmestugan Helsingborg has got a grant of SEK 50.000 from the Fund
"We are so happy that we have been granted a grant from the Crown Princess Margareta's Memorial Fund again this year!
This makes it possible for us to continue the support coaching work that turned out to be the most important thing we have done during all the 8 years we have had operations. Being able to give individual help to our visitors is very important to us!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CL9nREoAtTT/

It is an interesting contrast with the approach taken by the residents of Princess Sofia's hometown of Älvdalen. They were outspoken about their royal connection, and I think I recall that they proposed to name locations in tribute to her and expressed disappointment that her oldest child was not created Duke of Dalarna.

Out of interest, did she and the past winners of the "Hetero of the year" award publicly confirm that they are heterosexuals or does the magazine make the assumption based on the high probability and lack of any contrasting evidence?

?????????????????????????

And as a gay man, I don't understand your reply I quoted. It looks very bad to me.

I'm afraid I still don't understand what it is you do not understand in regard to the question I asked.

I'm afraid I still don't understand what it is you do not understand in regard to the question I asked.

I see no context for your question. It seems you are either belittling the award, or gay people in general or something. The question has no context that I can find except for being snarky. That is why I am asking for clarification of what you meant by asking the question. If you do not see why your question could be viewed as disingenuous and potentially insulting to people like me, I am at a loss.

Last edited:
I see no context for your question. It seems you are either belittling the award, or something. The question has no context that I can find except for being snarky. That is why I am asking for clarification of what you meant by asking the question. If you do not see why your question could be viewed as disingenuous and potentially insulting to people like me, I am at a loss.

The context for the question was that the Crown Princess received an award called "Hetero of the year".

As clearly stated in my original post, I asked out of interest, which is the usual reason for replies on this forum.

The mentality of assuming individuals to be heterosexual until confirmed otherwise arguably could be, to borrow your phrasing, potentially insulting or belittling (or at the least it places people in an awkward position in the event that the assumption is incorrect). However, my original post (quoted below) expressed no criticism of the magazine for potentially making assumptions (moreover, if the answer had been that they had, and if I had then been critical, it would not have been "snarky"). Nor did I express the assumption that they had. I consider it was clear that I was asking, without assuming or judging, whether or not they had indeed done so.

ETA: I can see you edited your post to read "belittling the award, or gay people in general, or something", so, while I still am at a loss as to what your objections may be, I suppose it might involve my suggestion that a magazine with a gay (male) readership (which is not equivalent to gay people in general) might make an assumption of heterosexuality. In that event, we will have to agree to disagree, as that phenomenon is far from rare, in my experience.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'll have to agree to disagree with you, as I still find your question disturbing.

You're welcome. I'm afraid I found some of your comments potentially concerning as well (however, I will take you at your word), so it is best that we agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Time to move on. Thank you for your understanding!

Svensk Damtidning's article about Victoria and Daniel's private life in Ockelbo
Victoria says at their wedding book that their favorite place in Ockelbo is Rönnåsen, with a view of the whole area. It was the first place that Daniel took her to in Ockelbo.
Ockelbo is the sanctuary in Daniel and Victoria's lives and when it's not a pandemic you can see them popular Wij Gardens, or they hang out with Daniel's childhood friends at what was previously called Café Trillin, now Café Casablanca. No one raises an eyebrow either if Estelle shows up at Ica Ugglebo. It is also whispered that picnics are popular in the Bernadotte-Westling family. But most of all, of course, they visit Olle and Ewa Westling, whom Victoria descibes at their wedding wook as incredibly warm and genuine people and says that she feels very comfortable with Daniel's family. It is a breathing space, a security and peaceful to be with Daniel and his family.
Victoria och Daniel om sitt privata liv i Ockelbo! _*Svensk Dam

Article about Daniel at swedish Gala Magazine, 6th September 2019
That's how Daniel managed to win Victoria - and (finally) the hearts of the king & the Swedish people
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

According to Dagens Industri's article, Daniel is a shareholder in AIK Hockey:
The club's already known shareholders include Jacob Wallenberg and Peter Wallenberg as well as Prince Daniel as well as former NHL professional Mattias Norström.
Dagens Industri om AIK Ishockey nyemission - AIK Hockey

Last edited:
Press release from the court
The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel tested positive for covid-19
On Wednesday 10 March, Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel isolated themselves after the Crown Princess experienced cold symptoms. Today, the Crown Princess Couple tested positive for covid-19.
The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel are doing well under the circumstances with only mild symptoms. Immediately after the symptoms of illness appeared, The Crown Princess, Prince Daniel, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar were quarantined at home.
Contact tracing is initiated under the supervision of the Physician to His Majesty The King.
The Crown Princess Couple did not attend today's memorial service at Drottningholm Palace Chapel, which is aired tonight at 6.45 pm on SVT1. Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia took the Crown Princess Couple's seats at the memorial service.
The Name Day celebration of The Crown Princess at the Royal Palace, which would have taken place tomorrow 12 March, is cancelled.
The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel tested positive for covid-19 - Sveriges Kungahus
Kronprinsessan och Prins Daniel har testats positivt för covid-19 - Sveriges Kungahus

Victoria and Daniel had yesterday at least seven digital meetings with the representatives of municipalities. Victoria sat at the dining room at Haga Palace and Daniel at the library at the meetings.

- They both show milder flu-like symptoms but feel good under the circumstances, says Margareta Thorgren to SVT.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och prins Daniel har testat positivt för covid-19 _ SVT Nyheter

To Aftonbladet Margareta Thorgren said:
- The Crown Princess had a mild cold yesterday and took the safe before the unsafe and tested herself. Today, even Prince Daniel has milder symptoms. But they are fine under the circumstances.
- They are at home and the children are at home, they will not go to school during this time. The Crown Princess couple thinks it is important to follow the recommendations. It is a special, extreme year for all people, and then the children are also affected. But the children are healthy and well, says Thorgren.
The Crown Princess couple already handle many of their tasks digitally, and they will continue to do so now. It is unclear when the Crown Princess may have been infected. But an infection tracking is underway.
Daniel och Victoria sjuka i covid-19 _ Aftonbladet

Back
Top Bottom