The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2021, 12:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I'm afraid I still don't understand what it is you do not understand in regard to the question I asked.
I see no context for your question. It seems you are either belittling the award, or gay people in general or something. The question has no context that I can find except for being snarky. That is why I am asking for clarification of what you meant by asking the question. If you do not see why your question could be viewed as disingenuous and potentially insulting to people like me, I am at a loss.

Old 03-03-2021, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
I see no context for your question. It seems you are either belittling the award, or something. The question has no context that I can find except for being snarky. That is why I am asking for clarification of what you meant by asking the question. If you do not see why your question could be viewed as disingenuous and potentially insulting to people like me, I am at a loss.
The context for the question was that the Crown Princess received an award called "Hetero of the year".

As clearly stated in my original post, I asked out of interest, which is the usual reason for replies on this forum.

The mentality of assuming individuals to be heterosexual until confirmed otherwise arguably could be, to borrow your phrasing, potentially insulting or belittling (or at the least it places people in an awkward position in the event that the assumption is incorrect). However, my original post (quoted below) expressed no criticism of the magazine for potentially making assumptions (moreover, if the answer had been that they had, and if I had then been critical, it would not have been "snarky"). Nor did I express the assumption that they had. I consider it was clear that I was asking, without assuming or judging, whether or not they had indeed done so.

ETA: I can see you edited your post to read "belittling the award, or gay people in general, or something", so, while I still am at a loss as to what your objections may be, I suppose it might involve my suggestion that a magazine with a gay (male) readership (which is not equivalent to gay people in general) might make an assumption of heterosexuality. In that event, we will have to agree to disagree, as that phenomenon is far from rare, in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Out of interest, did she and the past winners of the "Hetero of the year" award publicly confirm that they are heterosexuals or does the magazine make the assumption based on the high probability and lack of any contrasting evidence?

Old 03-03-2021, 01:06 PM
Nobility

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'll have to agree to disagree with you, as I still find your question disturbing.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

You're welcome. I'm afraid I found some of your comments potentially concerning as well (however, I will take you at your word), so it is best that we agree to disagree.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Time to move on. Thank you for your understanding!
Old 03-07-2021, 03:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning's article about Victoria and Daniel's private life in Ockelbo
Victoria says at their wedding book that their favorite place in Ockelbo is Rönnåsen, with a view of the whole area. It was the first place that Daniel took her to in Ockelbo.
Ockelbo is the sanctuary in Daniel and Victoria's lives and when it's not a pandemic you can see them popular Wij Gardens, or they hang out with Daniel's childhood friends at what was previously called Café Trillin, now Café Casablanca. No one raises an eyebrow either if Estelle shows up at Ica Ugglebo. It is also whispered that picnics are popular in the Bernadotte-Westling family. But most of all, of course, they visit Olle and Ewa Westling, whom Victoria descibes at their wedding wook as incredibly warm and genuine people and says that she feels very comfortable with Daniel's family. It is a breathing space, a security and peaceful to be with Daniel and his family.
Victoria och Daniel om sitt privata liv i Ockelbo! _*Svensk Dam

Article about Daniel at swedish Gala Magazine, 6th September 2019
That's how Daniel managed to win Victoria - and (finally) the hearts of the king & the Swedish people
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

According to Dagens Industri's article, Daniel is a shareholder in AIK Hockey:
The club's already known shareholders include Jacob Wallenberg and Peter Wallenberg as well as Prince Daniel as well as former NHL professional Mattias Norström.
Dagens Industri om AIK Ishockey nyemission - AIK Hockey
Old 03-11-2021, 11:48 AM
Commoner

Victoria and Daniel have been tested positive for covid-19. So far mild symptoms.

I am so worried about prince Daniel considering his kidney issues.

https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kro...-for-covid-19/
Old 03-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Lets hope they will recover soon!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Press release from the court
The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel tested positive for covid-19
On Wednesday 10 March, Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel isolated themselves after the Crown Princess experienced cold symptoms. Today, the Crown Princess Couple tested positive for covid-19.
The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel are doing well under the circumstances with only mild symptoms. Immediately after the symptoms of illness appeared, The Crown Princess, Prince Daniel, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar were quarantined at home.
Contact tracing is initiated under the supervision of the Physician to His Majesty The King.
The Crown Princess Couple did not attend today's memorial service at Drottningholm Palace Chapel, which is aired tonight at 6.45 pm on SVT1. Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia took the Crown Princess Couple's seats at the memorial service.
The Name Day celebration of The Crown Princess at the Royal Palace, which would have taken place tomorrow 12 March, is cancelled.
The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel tested positive for covid-19 - Sveriges Kungahus
Kronprinsessan och Prins Daniel har testats positivt för covid-19 - Sveriges Kungahus

Victoria and Daniel had yesterday at least seven digital meetings with the representatives of municipalities. Victoria sat at the dining room at Haga Palace and Daniel at the library at the meetings.

- They both show milder flu-like symptoms but feel good under the circumstances, says Margareta Thorgren to SVT.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och prins Daniel har testat positivt för covid-19 _ SVT Nyheter

To Aftonbladet Margareta Thorgren said:
- The Crown Princess had a mild cold yesterday and took the safe before the unsafe and tested herself. Today, even Prince Daniel has milder symptoms. But they are fine under the circumstances.
- They are at home and the children are at home, they will not go to school during this time. The Crown Princess couple thinks it is important to follow the recommendations. It is a special, extreme year for all people, and then the children are also affected. But the children are healthy and well, says Thorgren.
The Crown Princess couple already handle many of their tasks digitally, and they will continue to do so now. It is unclear when the Crown Princess may have been infected. But an infection tracking is underway.
Daniel och Victoria sjuka i covid-19 _ Aftonbladet
Old 03-11-2021, 12:28 PM
Majesty

A quick recovery for both.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:33 PM
Aristocracy

Hopefully recover quickly without any post-covid symptoms. And hopefully it not transfer to their kids.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedrich Karl II View Post
Hopefully recover quickly without any post-covid symptoms. And hopefully it not transfer to their kids.
I was about to ask what about Estelle and Oscar.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Merena View Post
Victoria and Daniel have been tested positive for covid-19. So far mild symptoms.

Indeed. That was my first thought as well.

How about their children? None of them have any medical issues I hope?
Old 03-11-2021, 02:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Merena View Post

Thank you I was wondering that they were not at the service today
Old 03-11-2021, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wishing the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel a quick and safe recovery.
Old 03-11-2021, 03:39 PM
Majesty

I cannot find any recent 'live' events in the Calendar, only digital events, so it seems they caught it 'privately' - which could be either from visiting friends and family or from one of the staff members.

Hoping for a quick recovery indeed.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Gentry

I wish our Crown Princess and Prince Daniel the quickest recovery.
Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar must also stay healthy too!
Old 03-11-2021, 09:44 PM
Serene Highness

Given her national role and his health issues, is there some reason they didn't qualify to be vaccinated before this?

I hope they all recover quickly.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Margareta Thorgren spoke with Svensk Damtidning yesterday evening.
It is unknown where Victoria and Daniel may have been infected, the sports holiday they spent at home in Haga and no one else in their vicinity has been infected.
What does the covid-19 diagnosis mean for Prince Daniel who is at risk?
- He is not vaccinated, he is waiting his turn during Phase 2. And as for this with the risk group, it is the doctors who make that assessment. And the prince is not considered to be in any risk group, says Thorgren.
But according to the national vaccination plan, people who have undergone organ transplantation are now counted as a risk group and have been moved up from Phase3 to Phase2?
- It is the royal family's chief physician and Prince Daniel's doctor who assess it and speak on those issues. Prince Daniel has milder symptoms and feels relatively well.
Thorgren said also that Victoria and Daniel have not met the other members of the royal family recently.
Hovets ord om prins Daniel_ Stora oron efter covid-19-chocken _*Svensk Dam

EDIT
Margareta Thorgren was interviewed at TV4 News morning, she said about Daniel being in a risk group that the court doctors take responsibility about that, Daniel has not been vaccinated and the doctors have judged that he is not in a risk group. Estelle and Oscar don't have any symptoms. Thorgren also highlights that the crown princess family stayed at home during the sports holiday.
Hovet_ ”Prins Daniel är inte i riskgrupp”

Margareta Thorgren said to Svensk Damtidning this evening, that Victoria and Daniel have relatively mild symptoms that manifest themselves as a mild flu. So they feel good under the circumstances. The whole family is in quarantine at Haga Palace. They have staff at home, but there are routines developed to if something like this should happen and they are used now.
Svensk Damtidning asked: There are several who have reacted to what you said yesterday, that Prince Daniel is not in the risk group. He has undergone a kidney transplant. What really matters?
Thorgren said that when it comes to Daniel and the risk group, Daniel's doctor comments on these issues. Thorgren has spoken with the Kidney Association today, and they said that there are people who have undergone a kidney transplant, in Phase 2 in the vaccination queue. Daniel has not been vaccinated yet. Daniel was in very good health and condition before he tested positive for covid-19 and he is now, as Thorgren has said, slightly ill. Other medical questions about the prince the court doesn't comment.
Svensk Damtidning asked, is there anyone who will need to step in for them, for their work?
Thorgen said that only two assignments have been changed so far, the memorial service yesterday and the Armed Forces' greeting that would have taken place on Victoria's name day today. Otherwise, most program items are already digital. Should they need to make changes in the Crown Princess couple's planning, it will only be about minor changes. They will decide on that after the weekend, based on how Victoria and Daniel feel then.
Svensk Damtidning asked: Could it be that Princess Madeleine will be able to take their place and participate in video meetings in the future?
Thorgren said that no, the fact that the Crown Princess couple has covid-19 does not mean that right now there is any need for Madeleine to step in.
Så mår covid-19-sjuka Victoria och Daniel – besked från hovet _*Svensk Dam
Old 03-12-2021, 12:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Given her national role and his health issues, is there some reason they didn't qualify to be vaccinated before this?
Their national role should not give them special treatment. Royals are not more important then anyone else.

Yes Daniel with his health issues I'd think he'd be up the list for the vaccine.

Her role as Crown princess is all the more reason she should not have the vaccine before her time. They have spent the past year being an example for their people. What kind of example would it be 'I have a tiara on my head, I should get a vaccine sooner'?

Praying for a speedy recovery and both their symptoms remain mild.

Hopeffully the kids remain well through this.