Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 4: September 2017 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new member to the Steering Group of Prince Daniel's Fellowship and its entrepreneurial programme

The Prince Daniel's Fellowship is pleased to welcome Jessica Schultz as a member of the steering group. Jessica is Partner at Northzone, one of Europe's leading VC companies. Jessica focuses primarily on investments in consumer-oriented companies as well as innovative solutions in e-commerce. She has a strong interest in marketing and business intelligence. Her portfolio includes companies such as Red Points, NA-KD, Matsmart, Klarna, Fyndiq, Outfittery and Lemoncat. Prior to Northzone, Jessica was CMO and co-founder of the food box company HelloFresh, where she was responsible for the global marketing function. Jessica began her career at L.E.K. Consulting and holds a master's degree from Stockholm School of Economics.
Prins Daniels Fellowship välkomnar Jessica Schultz som ny styrgruppsmedlem - Prins Daniels Fellowship

Waiting for The Prince Daniel's Fellowship to publish the mentors and mentees for the next two years, the mentees have been chosen.

Last edited:
Victoria has sent letters to the Directors of Health Care in the Regions in Sweden

Here is a letter to Marie Loob, the Director of Health Care in Region Gotland:
I write to you as a representative of the health care in the Region Gotland.
In the last few days I have had the opportunity to speak to various healthcare representatives. They have described how to quickly change the business to cope with the difficult situation that arises when more and more people get sick in covid-19.
These meetings have affected me deeply.
In Sweden, hundreds of thousands of people work in health care. You do great work every day, often under demanding circumstances. In the very special situation that we are now in, it becomes especially clear how crucial your efforts are.
The Corona crisis affects our entire country and is likely to do so for a long time.
You, your employees and everyone else working in the healthcare sector have a very big task ahead of you. In this strained situation, I want to wish you strength.
I know that a letter like this does not change anything. But I still want you to know that we are many who think of you and who feel immense gratitude for what you do.
I would be very grateful if you could send my greetings to everyone working in the health care area of ​​Region Gotland.
https://img12.ntm.eu/hg/public/img/...51&anchor=centercenter&bgcolor=222&scale=both

Mats Bojestig, Director of Health Care in Region Jönköping County, with the letter:
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f38882763f5a9c173be2af35071f9530&oe=5EB26FE1
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f1e611f22388b626037758e1689fcbdd&oe=5EB487F8

And Region Västra Götaland's website has shared the letter their Director of Health Care has got from Victoria.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVAzNWGWsAAb6-w?format=jpg&name=large

The also the staff at health care in Region Kalmar have got the letter.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-uYSN6gsZk/

Last edited:
Crown Princess Victoria's clear decision
Crown Princess Victoria uses a brand new, royal strategy. In recent months she shows which issues are most important to her.
Crown Princess Victoria handles the corona crisis by being out in the community and gaining as much information as possible. But even before the virus came, she demonstrated a new royal strategy.
Forget visits to large companies and fancy events with gala dresses and red carpet. This year Victoria has chosen a completely different path. She devotes almost all her time to charity and society's most vulnerable.
In January, Victoria and Daniel kicked off the royal working year with a visit to RFSL, The Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Rights. This was the first time the union had a royal visit.
- Basically, it's all about human rights. We felt we wanted to learn more and show our support. So in that way it feels very good to get here, Victoria told QX in connection with the visit.
And only a few forgets the pictures of Victoria and 7-year-old Emilia, who suffers from a brain tumor. The Crown Princess welcomed the little girl to the Palace in collaboration with the foundation My Big Day. The foundation works to give children with serious illnesses and diagnoses something to long for - and because Emilia loves royalty, she got the chance to meet Crown Princess Victoria.
For Victoria, it is important to visit the social functions, and people, whom you do not necessarily associate with royal glory.
When the Crown Princess family recorded their latest Christmas movie, they chose to do it from the Katarina church. Many were surprised as the royal family usually go to the Royal Chapel. But when Svensk Damtidning called Are Norrhalva, he explained that Katarina church works actively to help those who don't have a shelter. And of course, the Crown Princess wanted to pay a little extra attention to that church.
When the corona virus burst in Sweden, and especially in Stockholm, Victoria chose to visit a field hospital in Stockholm as one of the first things on the agenda. For her, it is important to visit the social functions that are most important in such a crisis. All fancy dinners and big parties have to wait.
The Crown Princess wants to show that she is a person to count on when life feels hopeless. And she does it with flying colours.
Kronprinsessan Victorias tydliga beslut _ Svensk Dam

Expressen had yesterday an article about Victoria's letters to the Directors of Health Care in the Regions in Sweden.

The Crown Princess's nice gesture - sends letters to the health care
Health care is struggling hard in the corona crisis in Sweden. The number of intensive care units has needed to be significantly increased when the influx of covid-19 patients has sought help.
In a letter sent to the medical directors in all regions, Crown Princess Victoria thanks the country's healthcare staff for their efforts in the corona crisis.
“You do great work every day, often under demanding circumstances. In the very special situation that we are now in, it becomes especially clear how crucial your efforts are", she writes in the letter.
Mikael Köhler is acting health director in the Uppsala Region and was the recipient of the letter for Uppsala. He published the letter on the hospital intranet so that all employees could read it.
"The wording were encouraging"
- I think it mattered. It probably landed well, the wording was very humble, grateful and encouraging, he says.
Crown Princess Victoria continues in the letter:
“You, your employees and everyone else working in the healthcare sector have a very big task ahead of you. In this strained situation, I want to wish you strength.
I know that a letter like this does not change anything. But I still want you to know that we are many who think of you and who feel immense gratitude for what you do."
The director of court's press department Margareta Thorgren says that right now it is important for the royal family to show that they support those who are having a hard time in the crisis.
- An important part for the king and the crown princess is to support Sweden in this situation and the crisis we are in. Among other things, by seeing and giving gratitude to various community functions that have a hard and important job right now, she says.
Fina gesten från kronprinsessan Victoria till sjukvården i krisen

Radiohjälpen supports voluntary organizations' pandemic work with an additional SEK 4.5 million
The corona virus is now striking hard around the country. Many people are isolated and alone, many are afraid of getting sick or of infecting others. Thanks to a strong commitment from the Swedish civil society, much is being done around the country. Radiohjälpen has decided to support such work through the special fundraising for risk groups in Sweden. Radiohjälpen has previously decided to support several projects with SEK 2.2 million, with a special focus on children and young people who are isolated in the pandemic.
The Radiohjälpen Board has now made new decisions of SEK 4.5 million. A large part of the grant comes from the Crown Princess Victoria's fund which Radiohjälpen administers.
Radiohjälpen stöttar frivilligorganisationers pandemiarbete med... - Radiohjälpen

Last edited:
Henrik Nyholm and Eric Smith founder of Ute products.se are two of fifteen selected entrepreneurs who have been accepted into Prince Daniel's mentoring program.
- It is great fun and honor to be accepted into Prince Daniel's mentoring program, says Henrik Nyholm in a press release.
At the turn of the year, Prince Daniel's Fellowship started the fourth round of the mentoring program for young entrepreneurs. In the two-year program, the entrepreneurs are given the opportunity to develop their companies together with a hand-picked mentor from the Swedish business community. In total, about 30 young Swedish entrepreneurs have joined the program since its inception in 2013.
Henrik and Eric were selected after interviews with Prince Daniel's Fellowship's steering group: Honorary Chairman H.R.H. Prince Daniel, Chairman Marcus Wallenberg, Carl Bennet, Johan Skarborg (Academic Work), Jenny Nordlöw and Johan Weigelt (The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences).
Värnamoföretagare antagna till prins Daniels mentorprogram _ Värnamo Nyheter

In January 2020, the fourth round of Prince Daniel's mentoring program started with selected young entrepreneurs who, together with a hand-picked mentor from the Swedish business community, will work together for two years.
Johanna Grimståhl, CEO of Meramedia, has been given as her mentor Maria Rankka, successful entrepreneur, business angel and former CEO of Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, Timbro and Brunswick.
The steering group for the program, consisting of H.R.H. Prince Daniel, Marcus Wallenberg and Carl Bennet, have selected 14 prominent young entrepreneurs with a clear growth focus. The goal is for these to have the absolute best conditions for creating growth and profitability in their companies through the personally selected mentor and the network that the group represents.
- I am extremely grateful for this opportunity, but I am also very aware that this is an opportunity that I worked with colleagues to come up with. Now I am really looking forward to start working with Maria Rankka who has been selected by the steering group to fit my specific ambitions. She has an impressive CV and a tremendous forward drive, which means that we are guaranteed to have productive meetings, says Johanna.
Meramedias VD antagen till Prins Daniels Fellowship — Meramedia

Last edited:
Daniel is one of the supporters of #KarmaLemonChallenge, launched yesterday.
For many families who were struggling financially even before the corona crisis, the situation has now worsened. When secondary schools are closed, and when children in primary school are at home to a greater extent, children and young people run the risk of being without an important part of regular food intake.
This is the biggest charity initiative to date due to the corona crisis and Karma together with Save the Children now wants your help to distribute 100,000 meals. Our common goal is to raise 5,000,000 SEK. The money raised will go to Save the Children's Work for Children in full. The first meals will be provided by Nordic Choice.
Ge 5 måltider till barn i utsatt situation - Karma & Rädda Barnen

Prince Daniel's Fellowship promotes #KarmaLemonChallenge at its Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_P2-0Fpr6Z/

Karma was founded in 2016 by Hjalmar Ståhlberg Nordegren, Elsa Bernadotte, Ludvig Berling and Mattis Larsson. Karma wanted to solve the food waste crisis and created an app for that. An app connects restaurants with surplus food to hungry people with a keen eye for a bargain.

Elsa Bernadotte was a mentee at Prince Daniel's Fellowship and its entrepreneurial programme in 2017-2019. Elsa's great-grandparents were count Carl Bernadotte af Wisborg and baroness Marianne de Geer af Leufsta.

Last edited:
Kungliga Magasinet's special issue:

Victoria & Daniel celebrate 10 years as married.
We have collected all the fantastic pictures and unforgettable moments in a special magazine in store April 23.
On the summer of June 19, 2010, Sweden's royal house changed forever. Crown Princess Victoria married Daniel Westling and Sweden got a new prince.
In this lovely magazine we get to know how the couple met, their lives together with their children Estelle and Oscar, and the special feeling of working with the a person they love.
Royal expert Karin Lennmor was there on that magical day when it was a party to celebrate on all the streets of Stockholm and let us relive the fantastic wedding here.
Enjoy wonderful pictures and moments when our crown princess got her prince of the people.

Is it really 10 years since the wedding? Since a radiant victoria, looking every inch a future Queen, walked up the aisle to marry the man she loved.

Time has flown and the joy Victoria felt at marrying Daniel slowly dawned on us as we saw a stalwart future Consort bloom right on front of us into the wonderful man Victoria fell in love with.

Their love for each other is freely shared as is the joy in their two children, Estelle and Oscar. Sweden really did get lucky and we had the privilege of watching from the start.

They are my most romantic Royals but with their feet firmly planted mother earth, Swedish style.[emoji177]

Fifteen entrepreneurs have been elected to the mentorship program within The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' project Prince Daniel's Fellowship.
The Prince Daniel's Fellowship's mentoring program gives a number of selected driven entrepreneurs the opportunity to support their business for two years with the help of a mentor who is hand-picked from the Swedish or foreign business community.
The mentorship program is open to entrepreneurs under 40 years of age. The company should have started after 2009 and turnover at least SEK 5 million or be a start up company with good growth opportunities. The applicant must be the CEO or founder of the company.

Mentees and mentors at Prince Daniel's Fellowship mentoring program 2020-2021
L5 Navigation System - Martin Lindgren
Mentor: Leif Johansson, chairman of AstraZeneca

Meramedia Brand Experience - Johanna Grimstål
Mentor: Maria Rankka, Executive Vice President of Takura

Heart Aerospace - Anders Forslund
Mentor: Håkan Buskhe, ceo of FAM

Uteprodukter - Henrik Nyholm and Eric Smith
Mentor: Bo Lundevall, founder of Dustin Group

By Malina - Malin Andrén
Mentor: Anna Attemark, Head of New business of H&M

Goli - Mattias Ekberg
Mentor: Johan Wachtmeister, Global Health Partner

Alfa Skogsservice - Ivo Krsek
Mentor: Elisabeth Salander Björklund, vice chairman of Ahlstrom-Munksjö

Vårdinnovation - Damon Tojjar V
Mentor: Bert Nordberg, Chairman of Vestas, TDC

Sfporteq - Beatrice Björk
Mentor: Tom Johnstone, chairman of Combient, Husqvarna

Bokio - Viktor Stensson
Mentor: Carl Manneh, founder of Mojang

Inkopio - Christian Söderlind
Mentor: Kurt Jofs, chairman of Höganäs

Invise Agency - Camilla Agardh
Mentor: Eva Hamilton, chairman of Film & TV-producers

Kognity - Hugo Wernhoff
Mentor: Anders Runevad, former CEO of Vestas

Le Pain Francais - Markus Samuelsson
Mentor: Erik Selin, CEO of Fastighets AB Balder
Mentorprogram för entreprenörer - Prins Daniels Fellowship
Translation

Interesting to see Malin Andrén, the founder and designer of By Malina, at the mentoring program.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning's article, Victoria in the 90's.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Radiohjälpen tells in its annual report, that the fundraising for Kronprinsessan Victorias Fond (The Crown Princess Victoria's Fund) amounted to SEK 8 673 914 in 2019. Crown Princess Victoria's Fund works to ensure that children and young people with disabilities or chronic illness in Sweden get an active leisure time. A total of SEK 158 857 632 has been raised in the Fund since it was founded in 1997.
149 activities with approximately 5 400 participants were granted funding from the Crown Princess Victoria's Fund for children with disabilities or chronic illness.
Radiohjälpen_Årsredovisning_2019

Svensk Damtidning tells that the crown princess family has a new family member, a poodle puppy.

What news! Svensk Damtidning can reveal that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel have had an addition in the family - and the new family member has four legs and a tail!
We're talking about their new puppy, of course. A small curly poodle that is only a few weeks old. The colour of the dog is not known.
The puppy moved in to Haga in these days and you can imagine the happiness of Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar, who have always dreamed of their own dog - and who has been nagging about it for a long time.
Estelle actually loves animals so much that when Victoria asked if she wanted a sibling, Estelle replied that she would rather have - a hamster! And maybe the desire for a puppy became even hotter now that her cousin Leonore has got the dog Teddy. And the little cousins ​​at Villa Solbacken have border terrier Siri.
Last Sunday the entire Crown Princess family was out in Haga Park with their new family member. Victoria carried the little puppy in her arms, and it cured contentedly in her jacket.
- It was so cute, Princess Estelle seemed so happy about the puppy and she ran to Victoria several times and cuddled with it, says our eyewitness.
The somewhat unexpected choice of dog breed means that it is a premiere for a poodle in the royal family, at least in modern times - when Victoria grew up they always had labradors. But Queen Victoria, who died in 1930, had several poodles, including one named Tom.
Victoria och Daniel har skaffat hund _ Svensk Dam

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Sweden didn't really have a lockdown but I'm surprised to see them so relaxed about social distancing measures, since I've heard in other countries that had/have casual lockdowns that people have been implementing their own social distancing and isolation measures (such as in Japan).

At first I thought Rio was Princess Estelle's birthday gift, but I guess he is for the whole family.

He is completely adorable!?

Svensk Damtidning:
The corona virus has set the whole world on fire and many large celebrations and social gatherings can't be organized to reduce the spread of infection. Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are two of those affected. June 19th marks their 10-year wedding anniversary.
But they can not pay any attention to the special day, as planned.
If we know the Crown Princess couple, they had planned to celebrate the day with their loved ones. Victoria loves to invite relatives and friends to Haga. And both she and Daniel love parties across generational boundaries.
The wedding day would have been such an occasion when Ewa and Olle Westling would have left Ockelbo to the capital and in addition, the royal couple would of course have been in place, if everything had been as usual.
But both the royal couple and the Westlings are over 70 years old. They are therefore in a risk group and must therefore reduce their social contacts. Big parties with many people are therefore completely excluded, right now.
Princess Madeleine, of course, had also been looking forward to celebrating her beloved sister and husband Daniel. But she is stuck in Florida for an undetermined future and is forced to avoid unnecessary trips home to Sweden.
Victoria och Daniel kan inte fira bröllopsdagen 2020 _ Svensk Dam

Svensk Damtidning's article about Daniel's 10 years as a prince at last week's issue

Today, Prince Daniel takes the lead in many royal contexts, perhaps above all when it comes to health issues and that children and unions need to move more. And there are many, many thousands of young people all over Sweden that he has encouraged to new great deeds when he has traveled around to colleges and universities together with the gang from Prince Daniel's Fellowship. And when you meet the Crown Princess couple out at work, it often happens that Victoria balls over to Daniel with the words:
- Can you take that question Daniel? You are better at that than me?
Today he has become a skilled media prince, quite simply.
Svensk Damtidning's fashion expert Johanna Lejon:
- I want to say that the Daniel we see today is Europe's most well-dressed male royal. Now he even dares to match the suit with sneakers, and it's fun to see.

Daniel is also this year a member of the Visa vägen-jury, as he was last year. Visa vägen Priset (Show the Way Prize) is presented by Samhall and draws attention to those who are at the forefront of people with disabilities and breaks their exclusion in the labor market.
The Jury's task is to pay tribute to the employers and fire souls who daily lift people by believing in their abilities and seeing function instead of obstacles.
- Our work is basically about working for the principle of all people's equal value and equal rights, which makes the successes of the Show the Way Prize particularly gratifying and extra important, says Chairman Jan Scherman.
- It feels fantastic that the jury has now been given a set of team that impresses greatly and to a large extent demonstrates the great importance of the Show the Way Prize, says Jan Scherman.
Här är årets Visa vägen-jury - Visa vägen-priset

The prizes will be delivered in November at Visa vägen -gala.

Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Estelle, Prince Oscar and beekeeper Lotta Fabricius Kristiansen look to the Crown Princess family's beehives for World Bee Day on 20th of May. The beehives at Haga are a wedding gift to the Crown Princess couple.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAZiDGinBzE/

Great idea to take the children to this kind of activity. Victoria has been the honorary member of Swedish Beekeepers' Association 18 years.

Photos at court Facebook by Jonas Ekströmer/TT and Pelle T Nilsson/SPA
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d8285cda2aa421b3fcd37c2da6b59c5c&oe=5EE98D6A
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=74dc968eff51f971cc047eaf10d2388c&oe=5EEAD82B

Photos at SPA Facebook by Pelle T Nilsson
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d579d63b7836486121317813be2bda01&oe=5EE8F574
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=89e90cc1b83b624a2c4b33b613e6f2fb&oe=5EEA715E
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=baaf1ad226f87f293bdc3154e64d3d56&oe=5EE9EEC8
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=10b8f01089ce68de8332b48af6a05bae&oe=5EEA3A41

Svensk Damtidning's article
New pictures from Haga. And totally unexpected! For here, Victoria, Oscar and Estelle are doing something you have never seen before!
Here is Victoria in the garden, a stone's throw from Haga Palace. With her, of course, she has the children. And all their bees. Lots of bees!
Estelle and Oscar have received beekeeper costumes in mini-format that the royal beekeeper Lotta brought with them, and two expectant siblings will now get to taste the honey. So heavenly good, yes here you can literally talk about a royal sweet shock!
Princess Estelle, as usual, offered her quirky and funny comments, as when it was time to mark the queen bee herself with a pen:
- But Mom, should we tattoo it?
But of course there is a thought behind these royal bee-pictures. Today it is the World Bee Day, and Crown Princess Victoria would like to pay attention. She has been an honorary member of the Swedish Beekeeper' Association for a total of 18 years, and proud beekeeper at the hobby level for 10 years.
The hives - and the bees - the crown princess couple got in wedding present when they got married in 2010. The family has some help: Professional beekeeper Lotta Fabricius-Kristiansen who was also in the yard this early evening.
Estelles oväntade kommentar till Victoria _ Svensk Dam

Gallery from Belga, photos by Jonas Ekströmer/TT.
Belga Image

At Expressen's article:
The Crown Princess family has several unexpected pets - including thousands of bees.
In new pictures, Estelle and Oscar are curiously inspecting the bees' work for the first time - in full beekeeper outfit.
- They were a little curious, says beekeeper Lotta Fabricius Kristiansen, who takes care of the bees.
Recently, the joy message came that the Crown Princess family has acquired a dog - the furry cavapoo puppy Rio.
But it is not the only pet at home at Haga.
The family has several sheep at the Palace. And in addition, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel received an unusual wedding gift: yellow beehives from Swedish Beekeepers' Association, which stands in the sheep garden.
The family has a great passion for bees. It became clear on Monday when the children got really close to the bees for the first time.
They were accompanied by mother, Crown Princess Victoria, and beekeeper Lotta Fabricius Kristiansen, who runs the family's beehives.
- Now the children had to watch and get acquainted. I understood that this was the first time for Estelle and Oscar, they had not looked into a hive community before.
Clad in beekeeper overalls with veils, they gathered around the beehives.
- Estelle mentioned that it felt like being in a space suit, says Lotta Fabricius Kristiansen.
- The Crown Princess family are interested and think it is great fun that the bees are there, it was clear, says Lotta Fabricius Kristiansen.
- They were a little curious. It is a bit scary when the bees are buzzing and so it is too many. We took the time to look at everything. It was very nice, says Lotta Fabricius Kristiansen.
- We even found Victoria's old sling in the wind that we fixed and sipped honey with, the Crown Princess has previously told the Biodlarna National Association.
They saw the queen in the hive and nursery, and tasted some honey.
- Estelle asked a lot and wondered what was what. We talked about how old the queen is and that she is the mother of all the bees, says Lotta Fabricius Kristiansen.
- They really love honey, it was Estelle who said that she loved honey. They are very good ambassadors for pollination and bees, so it feels great.
The honey from the bees is sold in the Royal Gift Shops and the money goes to the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation.
Margareta Thorgren writes that Crown Princess Victoria wanted to pay attention to the World Bee Day and bee's part in biodiversity:
“... together with Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar look at the hives that are on Haga. The hives were a very appreciated gift to the Crown Princess couple from the Swedish Beekeepers' National Association 10 years ago."

The royal court at its website:
On May 20, attention is paid to the International World Bee Day. To learn more about the importance of the bee to biodiversity, the Crown Princess took Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar to the hives at Haga.
In 2010, the Crown Princess couple received hives as a gift on their banns of marriage from the Swedish Beekeepers' Association to be placed in the Haga Palace Park.
The hive communities have since grown from two to four and in each beehive there can live up to 60,000 bees around midsummer.
Found the queen
With the help of beekeeper Lotta Fabricius Kristiansen, who is responsible for the hives at Haga, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar were able to find one of the queen bees. There are also a few hundred drones in the beehives. The rest are work bees.
The Princess and the Prince also learned more about the different types of bees that exist and why they are important for our biodiversity. The people rely on pollinators, such as bees and bumblebees, to eventually be able to get food on the table.
Honey sales for charitable purposes
Around midsummer, the first honey is harvested from the hives at Haga. During a normal year, the four bee communities usually produce a harvest of between 80 and 100 kg of honey.
The honey is then sold at the Royal Gifts Shops and the proceeds go to the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation, which works for good health and strengthened community among children and young people in Sweden.
Världsbidagen uppmärksammas på Haga - Sveriges Kungahus

Prinsessa Victoria ja prinssi Daniel saivat 10 vuotta sitten erikoisen häälahjan – Estelle ja Oscar vetivät suojavarusteet niskaan - MTVuutiset.fi

https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e2e327a099e20ff9a045e211e7c6df4e&oe=5EEAA952
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a97e3f290d354db2c37ec8d40964f91d&oe=5EE8D9B1
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=0c7ea496d425741fceb5b356516494b1&oe=5EEB7029
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1b27b7804d29876f9c6c57e9f8632c48&oe=5EE8E3C6

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely photos of the family and the bees - it's great to see Estelle so involved and interested in them in particular. I love how Oscar's gloves are a few sizes too big for him :D

Photos at Swedish Press Agency's Facebook, by Pelle T Nilsson.
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e850a5f515e81368afef3aa1f76d3e3b&oe=5EEC44A8
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8d9fc4847db5cc92a8b87def628b1692&oe=5EEC5C4B
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=0435c96a631ecbb92613ad14c7a74805&oe=5EEEEACF
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=dc804d36429b07ff7deaf1b504431659&oe=5EEE1D0D
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=83b528c9301df00de4db98a9a7f129d1&oe=5EEBC1E3
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=15c9db2aa4e9edb0626e6d4f1bdb5767&oe=5EEC9C7A

Photos at Belga Image by Jonas Ekströmer/TT, updating right now.
Belga Image

Victorias nya gull-bild på prins Oscar från Haga _ Svensk Dam

Estelle och Oscar i fårhagen på Haga

Is it a little shepherd in the deed we see? Prince Oscar loves spending time with the woolly animals near Haga Palace.
And he already shows good touch with the sheep.
Surely King Carl Gustaf is immensely proud of his little grandson, Prince Oscar. Our monarch, as you know, would have liked to be a farmer if he were not the head of state and when he gets to see what a nice touch the little prince has with the sheep in the pasture next to Haga Palace, it naturally warms a grandfather's heart.
There is something special about the royal family and sheep. When Princess Estelle was in Prince Oscar's age, she too was in the sheep yard and cuddled with the animals.
But the fact is that the royal family's love for the sheep goes back further than that.
The first sheep herd documented was called "The King's Sheep" were those sheep that during King Gustav V's reign in 1924 were purchased by the Royal Swedish Construction Agency.
Over the years, the king's sheep have grazed in various locations around Stockholm. Nowadays they are at Haga Park but there they have been before.
The sheep were guarded by hired shepherds at Haga Park after the outbreak of the war in 1939 until 1944. They were then moved to a larger winter stall at Åkeshovs castle in 1944 and grazed only in the summertime at Haga Park.
For Crown Princess Victoria it must feel lovely to introduce the sheep to their children. Victoria liked to cuddle with the royal sheep when she was little and in these corona times it is extra wonderful when the children get the chance to get out into the fresh air.
Prins Oscars härliga herdestund i fårhagen - Allt om kungligt

There are sheep every year at Haga Palace. We remember this photo of Estelle with the sheep at the National Day, 6th June 2016.
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...le_20160606_Foto_Kate_Gabor_Kungahuset.se.jpg

And we saw the sheep also at the documentary "Haga Palace - A Royal Home", filmed in the summer 2013.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom