Victoria and Daniel's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope there will be a spring or summer 2008 wedding! I hope we are all not sat here this time next year saying the same thing, "No wedding this year, hopefully there will be one in 2009!"

I know I don't want to wait anymore. I want an engagemant like this year.

Daniel Westling stop being scared and ask her already. :wacko: :sleep: :censored: :bangin:

Only because she didn´t get engaged the same day her parents or other relatives did needn´t mean that she won´t get engaged this year at all. I find it next to silly to get engaged or marry the same day your parents did. It´s the same silly discussion going around with William marrying Kate on the 29th of July. Since we know how this marriage ended if I were William I would never ever marry on that date....
The date should be your very special own and not a copy of another one.
I still believe that an engagement of Victoria´s this year could be possible.

The O.C. Fanatic said:
I know I don't want to wait anymore. I want an engagemant like this year.

Daniel Westling stop being scared and ask her already. :wacko: :sleep: :censored: :bangin:

:lol: Finally a reaction, I´m considering as appropriate :lol:

Let's hope there will be a spring or summer 2008 wedding! I hope we are all not sat here this time next year saying the same thing, "No wedding this year, hopefully there will be one in 2009!"

Oh yes...hopefully not! Message of this video is, that there will be a wedding in summer 2008 and an engagement in spring of the same year. But they (Andreas Utterström, author, who is writing currently a book on Victoria and Daniel, and Historian& Royalty Expert Herman Lindqvist) are thinking, that the engagement time wouldn´t be very long. So that it´s possible, that we would wait from October 2007-May 2008 for an engagement :bang:
I would have liked the tradition with the parents engagement and the nameday...after all the King and Queen also got engaged at the engagement day of relatives. But I´m hoping, that Victoria and Daniel wouldn´t follow the tradition of just having an engagement time of 3 months. I could be wrong and with a future prince consort things could be different, but to me the average 8 months of engagement time, they other heirs of this generation had chosen, made perfectly sense...
The idea of choosing the 19th of June as wedding day, I´m though not so fond of. Even though the marriage of their Majesties can be surely considered as more successful than the one of Charles and Diana...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv2/popup.html?id=categories/Nyheter/0703/846

Last edited:
The O.C. Fanatic said:

Wouldn't she have to be the one to ask him (formally)?

RubyPrincess168 said:
Wouldn't she have to be the one to ask him (formally)?

No...they can choose, how they would want it (so who would ask first) but he is supposed to ask her father and the government should agree. But the later thing isn´t directly something, that is in the hands of Daniel. So he won´t call the prime minister "Can I marry, Vickan?" ;) And actually there is also no reason, that he would be rejected (this would practically only happen to criminal candidates...)
And that with the father is of course depending from their general relationship. One would think after so many years the king would have signalised to Daniel, if he would accept him as son-in-law or not.
So there is no rule saying, that she should propose to him (because she is the crown princess...the whole thing is meant to be about love...and not so much about the "reason of state")

As I´m getting it, Daniel is also the one, who is supposed to hold a speech at the wedding (and not Victoria) Of course it could be, that Victoria would go modern...but I don´t think so.

Last edited:
mixer2002de said:
Why should Daniel hold a speech?

Tradition...Haakon held one on Mette Marit, Frederik on Mary and Ari Behn on Märtha Louise.
Some "ordinary" couples are choosing to do both a speech, or only the father of the bride would do one...or there would be no speeches at all...but in general, it is surely most common, that the groom and the parents of the bride and groom are doing a little speech at a wedding banquet.

Personally, I think that Victoria needs to either marry Daniel or move on by really the next year.

Women have less child bearing years than men, and while she's going to be 30, I highly doubt in her position she wants to have a rushed marriage with someone.

IMO one of her primary responsibilties to Sweden is to give a heir to the throne, if not its totally possible Carl-Phillipe will be king after all or one of his kids (if he has them)

I like Daniel's new spectacles. I think there will not be a wedding this year between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel but definitely next year if not they will never marry.

Gita said:
I like Daniel's new spectacles. I think there will not be a wedding this year between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel but definitely next year if not they will never marry.

Totally agree. And I think most of us in sweden who are interested about that think so.
Personally I vote for next year because it hasn´t been a statement from the palace yet about an eventual engagement. The rest of the year victoria is very busy so I don´t think she has the time over to a wedding.
And im sorry to say it but it looks like she is not interested to marry either.
But who knows? A winter wedding? No I don´t think so but it would be great.
It looks like we have to wait one year more.

I seriously doubt a winter wedding because of the weather. Either a spring or summer 2008 wedding, if they are not married by September 2008 then they will never marry in my opinion.

Why do people say if CP Victoria and Daniel are not marry next year, then they will never marry? Why the marriage has to be held next year but not in 2009 or in 2010? What is so special about the year of 2008? She can marry at age 36 and still have children at age 40. Many women in recent years choose to marry in their mid 30s or early 40s. I don't understand why people have so much fuss about her marriage. Thanks for answering my questions!

wanderer said:
Why do people say if CP Victoria and Daniel are not marry next year, then they will never marry? Why the marriage has to be held next year but not in 2009 or in 2010? What is so special about the year of 2008? She can marry at age 36 and still have children at age 40. Many women in recent years choose to marry in their mid 30s or early 40s. I don't understand why people have so much fuss about her marriage. Thanks for answering my questions!

Yes, exactly...they can also marry in 2013...she can bring him to even more public duties, and he can give more interviews, and they can kiss everytime they spot a camera...who cares about protocol and traditions. Ppl eat everything anyway...so why should you be so stupid to marry and to live a life together, when it´s so much more fun to sneak to your boyfriend´s apartment after being done with your work. So much more exciting than sharing a bed for 365 days a year. And as long as the tax payers stick a few million SEK up to your **** every year, things don´t matter. :rolleyes:

So the thing, why some ppl believe, that they would never marry, if not in 2008, is, that they are still believing, that Victoria is following traditions...and that the alleged signals, they have sent, had to mean something.
But as things are at the moment Victoria has noted a long time ago, that ppl forgive&accept everything...she has the naked toddler bonus from the 70ties, and as long as she is laughing, when knocking over a pole, everything is fine. And if though a republican wind would blow in lille Sverigeland, she could always tell about herself being so nervous, doing her very best for the country and even about never giving up the throne for love. Yes, she has learned a great deal of cousin Frederik* :rolleyes:

Sorry, it´s St. Cynism day here...give me some sugar ;)

*In all fairness one though has to say, that her working ethics are better.

Wow, harsh words, but I agree with you. I think they should really make it now...:wacko:

So what do others think about a wedding? They marry in 2008 or not at all? Or could they even marry in 2009 or later?

I think they will be married by August 2008.

I really wish Victoria so called "female happpiness"- husband and kids:flowers: But it is her business to decide when to get married, I think:wub:

Yes it is her business you are right I was asking what do posters here think? When will her and Daniel marry?

Well who can be sure that the court is informed about all things? Maybe Victoria will marry quite fast if she might get accidently pregnant :)

mixer2002de said:
Well who can be sure that the court is informed about all things? Maybe Victoria will marry quite fast if she might get accidently pregnant :)
How about unmarried but with issue CPss/Queen Regnant?

Last edited:
I think it's time for Victoria and Daniel to apply themselves to that age-old proverb, "..... or get off the pot."

I mean, really now. They've been together for what, 5 years? Sure they shouldn't rush things, as the marriage of the future monarch is serious business. However if in 5 years they don't know whether they want to be married to each other or not, they will never know. She's turning 30 this July, and while women much older than that have had children, it's something she should be thinking about.

I agree with the posters who have said that if they aren't married by 2008, they won't be married at all.

(and just so no mod thinks I'm trying to get around cussing, the dots in the quote aren't meant to bleep out the word, just to start the quote from the word "or")

magnik said:
How about unmarried but with issue CPss/Queen Regnant?

AFAIK the act of succession says something about legitimate offspring.

Six years is a long time to get to know each other... Something has to happend soon.

I don't think that there will be a wedding this year...but next year it isn't also "possible" because Victoria turns 30 and there will surely be a big party for her and i don't think that they would like to have two big events in a short time.

The O.C. Fanatic said:
Six years is a long time to get to know each other... Something has to happend soon.

I completely agree. If after all this time, they don't know yet whether they want to get married.....they should pursue other interests. It's not fair to keep dating when neither one of you know what you want out of the future. If they had only been dating a year, that would be different. Most people don't know that soon if they want to marry the person they're with. But six years? One would think that that's a sufficient amount of time.

Sister Morphine said:
I completely agree. If after all this time, they don't know yet whether they want to get married.....they should pursue other interests. It's not fair to keep dating when neither one of you know what you want out of the future. If they had only been dating a year, that would be different. Most people don't know that soon if they want to marry the person they're with. But six years? One would think that that's a sufficient amount of time.
I can see where you all are coming from, but maybe they already know that they are getting married and they are waitting, for some reason that is known only or important to them, to let the rest of the world know. (IMO)

robby86 said:
I can see where you all are coming from, but maybe they already know that they are getting married and they are waitting, for some reason that is known only or important to them, to let the rest of the world know. (IMO)

That very well might be. I just think that if they were going to be wed, it either would have been announced/happened by now. Just a gut feeling I have. I'd love to proved wrong, because I love royal weddings.

nordishbynature said:
I don't think that there will be a wedding this year...but next year it isn't also "possible" because Victoria turns 30 and there will surely be a big party for her and i don't think that they would like to have two big events in a short time.
Next year there is no major celebrations. Last year the King turned 60 and this year Victoria will be 30 so probably alot of focus will be on that...

But an engagement this fall and a summer 2008 wedding is a possibility (and a must imo!), if not I think they both have to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom