TV Interviews, Videos and Documentaries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here is a link to a video as an interview with victoria enjoy it ZDF.de - hallo deutschland

Great video! But in the scene where Victoria, Carl-Philip, and Madeleine are on the balcony and the crowd is singing a song, what song is it? It sounds very pretty, and I'd never heard it before.

I noticed that the videos of the Swedish family were scattered throughout the threads and I thought we should have a main place to watch them

YouTube - Crown Princess Victoria in Vimmerby
In the one above I think it is German The Crown Princess is speaking in English and has an amazing accent... I'm American and I don't sound that good!

YouTube - 30th birthday of Crown Princess Victoria
YouTube - State Visit Sweden to Denmark
State Visit Sweden to Denmark

This is when she was a kid. How can I just post the link? I wish the whole thing wouldn't pop up. I just hope the mods don't kill me
YouTube - Crownprincess Victoria with Queen Silvia at her office

Last edited by a moderator:
Documentary on Daniel Westling on SVT1

SVT will show a program about daniel
its starts in a few minutes
20.00 SVT1 Ers Kungliga Höghet Westling
svt.se - SVT Dokumentär

I missed it. :( It will air again on Wednesday, and on Saturday, so I hope to catch it then.

You can watch it online
svt.se - spelarfönster

It´s no docu really...more a programme with many interviews and some video material to introduce a question to the ppl being interviewed.

IMO a real docu on the RF is so overdue! There hadn´t been one, supported by the court, for ages. Watchers of other Royal houses get so many great ones...and in Sweden: nada. Of course it makes sense for them...as it would just raise a few questions on marriage...and babies. If one is following discussions on the RF, it´s these days either "abdicate" or "get children" :rolleyes:
Now it´s questionable, if programmes like "Your Royal Highness Westling" really help to get the two persons to the altar.
A thing, that is remarkable...they are all discussing it, as if it would be a matter of fact, that V&D would marry. Ok, this is likely by now. But there is nothing, that would indicate it for real...so IMO state TV shouldn´t broadcast things like this at prime time.

I would be so much more happier if I could understand even two words of Swedish. The only word I do know is the word no, which wouldn't help me understand what they say in the slightest bit. I don't suppose someone could sum what they say or anything interesting that gets said?:prettyplease:

ruthieviews

Re: Documentary on Daniel Westling. I agree with Commoner that it is disappointing that we cannot all understand Swedish. However, I did find that my opinion of Daniel's feelings for CP Victoria were confirmed. He was entering along the side with a group of CP Victoria's friends. When he saw her exit into the courtyard, he turned away from the group and stood there smiling at her with so much love. She waved at him and touched her lips very briefly. It was a small moment, but said much. She is very lucky to have someone who loves her so much. Very few women have ever had a man break away from his friends and stand there in public looking so lovingly at them. If all the people who downgrade him as unsuitable for a Crown Princess could just look at that small part of the video, they would finally get it. As many mothers-in-law will admit, their sons-in-law were not good enough for their daughters, not suitable. They want their daughters to marry someone they envision. Hopefully, their daughters ignore them, marry for love and are happy with their choice. Marrying someone suitable to please your parents (or critics) usually ends in great unhappiness and divorce.

Re: Documentary on Daniel Westling. I agree with Commoner that it is disappointing that we cannot all understand Swedish. However, I did find that my opinion of Daniel's feelings for CP Victoria were confirmed. He was entering along the side with a group of CP Victoria's friends. When he saw her exit into the courtyard, he turned away from the group and stood there smiling at her with so much love. She waved at him and touched her lips very briefly. It was a small moment, but said much. She is very lucky to have someone who loves her so much. Very few women have ever had a man break away from his friends and stand there in public looking so lovingly at them. If all the people who downgrade him as unsuitable for a Crown Princess could just look at that small part of the video, they would finally get it. As many mothers-in-law will admit, their sons-in-law were not good enough for their daughters, not suitable. They want their daughters to marry someone they envision. Hopefully, their daughters ignore them, marry for love and are happy with their choice. Marrying someone suitable to please your parents (or critics) usually ends in great unhappiness and divorce.

I am watching the documentary. I was wondering are you referring to the scene near the beginning of the video. Daniel is looking and the footage leads you to believe that Victoria is waving at him. I had thought this part was seperate footage photoshopped to make it seem they were looking at each other

ruthieviews

In response to your comments that the pictures were unrelated and pasted together. I revisited the video and find that CP Victoria is wearing the same clothing, as did the Queen in both scenes where she is waiving and he is looking at her and smiling. They appear to have been at the same event. Why can't we believe that he really does love her and that she really does love him and that they managed to get the message across in the midst of a public appearance. This does not appear to be a faked scene. Is perhaps your anti-Daniel feeling taking hold?

I am watching the documentary. I was wondering are you referring to the scene near the beginning of the video. Daniel is looking and the footage leads you to believe that Victoria is waving at him. I had thought this part was seperate footage photoshopped to make it seem they were looking at each other

It's definitely looking cleverly cut. The pictures of Victoria is from her 30th birthday - being greeted by the people outside the Palace in Stockholm - see the youtube video of the original event in this post by Lena: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/640885-post72.html No Daniel.

She is clearly waving at the people who usually gather outside for such public occasions, and not Daniel, who I don't think is present in the crowd at all on her 30th birthday - as a matter of fact, weren't the newspapers blowing up stories that he would have to stay hidden? :whistling:

You see the same thing with cutting going around in the beginning of the documentary, when they want to suggest a wedding is forthcoming, but are using footage from the Danish and Norwegian weddings, including Haakon and Mette-Marit's hands in church :rolleyes: It's nicely cut - making it seem more romantic - but I don't think it is real.

svt.se - Play landningssida

Here is a link to a video from when Victoria went to the UAE in April 2008. It shows a small clip of her giving a speech in English. The video should pop up. If you have a pop-up blocker you click on "Kronprinsessan Victoria besokte Dubai"

I am really impressed! Victoria is totally natural - speaks English flawlessly with almost no accent and seems charming. She really comes alive on a video.

Anymore of her interviews in English??

I'm not sure if these have been posted before. I think they're part of a longer documentary, has anyone watched it?

Kronprinsessan och kungariket - Dokumentärfilm | svt.se
Klipp: Kronprinsessan och kungariket del 2 - Dokumentärfilm | SVT Play

I watched them they were shown in Finland. At the first part only Victoria was interviewed, at the second part Victoria and Daniel.

A part of the second program, interview with Victoria and Daniel, 11 minutes long
Extramaterial: Intervju med kronprinsessan Victoria och Daniel Westling - Dokumentärfilm | SVT Play

I'm not sure if these have been posted before. I think they're part of a longer documentary, has anyone watched it?

Its avalible on DVD in stores now. I saw it when i was shopping yesterday. Its also avalible on the online rentalstore called lovefilm.

I think its strange that SVT play dont have her 18 year birthdayspeach avalible. Cant find it on Youtube either

When the show first aired i missed it, didnt think it would be that intressting to watch so i missed the SVT interwiew with them.

The documenturymaker asks Daniel about the first meeting, he hesitates to answer and Victoria interveens: I didnt do any impression, right? and then smiles. He then cools down and answer: You made a big impression even then.

Through the entire interwiew he is a bit defensive and stiff, just like the TV4 interwiew a bit earlier.

The documenturymaker asks Daniel about the first meeting, he hesitates to answer and Victoria interveens: I didnt do any impression, right? and then smiles. He then cools down and answer: You made a big impression even then.

Through the entire interwiew he is a bit defensive and stiff, just like the TV4 interwiew a bit earlier.

I had a feeling that the hesitation of Daniel was a little bit of a joke from him, Victoria has told that they share a same sense of humour. I think that the interview was much better than the TV4 interview before. And I don´t think that Daniel was stiff at all. I liked the way Daniel break the interview and said that he wanted to answer to one question too, to what only Victoria and answered. And when they talked about picking blueberries, Victoria said that Daniel was mostly watching and the documentarymaker asked "what about mushrooms, are they too down too?" Daniel said, laughing "I can bend me".

I think its strange that SVT play dont have her 18 year birthdayspeach avalible. Cant find it on Youtube either.

There's a short clip on the thread on her 18th birthday (I asked someone to post it). I agree it would be nice to see the whole ceremony though. I'm disappointed I missed the documentary even though I don't understand much Swedish.

I had a feeling that the hesitation of Daniel was a little bit of a joke from him, Victoria has told that they share a same sense of humour. I think that the interview was much better than the TV4 interview before. And I don´t think that Daniel was stiff at all. I liked the way Daniel break the interview and said that he wanted to answer to one question too, to what only Victoria and answered. And when they talked about picking blueberries, Victoria said that Daniel was mostly watching and the documentarymaker asked "what about mushrooms, are they too down too?" Daniel said, laughing "I can bend me".

Is there a translation/transcript of the interview? I saw the interview some time ago and although my father tongue Dutch has similarities, to me it was just too much babble I could not understand.

In the new bio Victoria tells that she had to get used to Daniel's kind of humor at first.

Is there a translation/transcript of the interview? I saw the interview some time ago and although my father tongue Dutch has similarities, to me it was just too much babble I could not understand.

Here´s something about the interview:
Victoria tells about Daniel: There is much that is special about Daniel, to me he is a person I have great fun with. I think many people have great fun with him. I love Daniel's sense of humor. And Daniel is very straight. He has a tremendous ability to reach people. To communicate. He also has an ability to get people to relax in his vicinity. And he has a big heart. We share a lot of interests together. Sports, we like to ski and run together.
Daniel says about Victoria: Victoria is an incredibly warm person, the image the most people have of her, is just right. She is very down to earth.
Daniel says that they sometimes like different things but they argue hardly ever.
Daniel says that when one meets his great love and gets to spend time with that person, then years and time just fly away. Daniel says that they both have had long working days. But they were very determined to deepen their relationship and he says that he needed this long time to see and learn, if this is a role (to be a prince) and situation he will cope with. He said that during the years it has felt better and better and by the engagement he felt that this feels good and he was ready.
The documentarymaker asks from Daniel, how was it to meet the king and ask for the hand of the crown princess? Daniel tells that he asked for the hand of the crown princess, but only after many years, and just like Victoria has friendship with his family, Daniel had built up a very nice relationship with her parents. The situation was quite natural, not dramatic at all.
Daniel says that his goal is to support the Crown Princess as good as the Queen has supported the king.

Thanks LadyFinn, for some info on this interview.

It is cute that Daniel was nevertheless a bit nervous when he proposed to her. They must have of course discussed marriage before, because they were working towards a permanent situation, but still, I can imagine there was still a small voice that said she could have said no (or 'not yet'). But instead she said 'ja,ja,ja, ja'. I am happy for them, it shows that their love is deep.

Thanks LadyFinn, for some info on this interview.

It is cute that Daniel was nevertheless a bit nervous when he proposed to her. They must have of course discussed marriage before, because they were working towards a permanent situation, but still, I can imagine there was still a small voice that said she could have said no (or 'not yet'). But instead she said 'ja,ja,ja, ja'. I am happy for them, it shows that their love is deep.

I think Victoria gave him hints like. "I talked to dad today, he said he really would want grandchildren soon, WINK WINK" or more straightforward. "Talked to dad today, he said its ok to get married, so now its fully up to you."

LadyFinn, Any chance you could summarize/translate this one please? Thanks!
TV4 - Kronprinsessparet vill bilda familj

Victoria says that now they have told the news, she is just so happy, as she had told to Daniel before the press conference.
The interviewer asks: What are you waiting from the time before the wedding?
Daniel: Just to be able to show our love as we have done today, it feels fantastic.
The interviewer: So tomorrow you can walk at the streets and feel free (to show their feelings)
Daniel: We haven´t had a problem with that even before, but it is a wonderful feeling to be able to show our love to the whole world, it feels very special.
Victoria: And we are looking forward to have an own home, to build a family, of course. We don´t have lack of plans.
Daniel: Absolutely not.

I watched it yesterday. Its a twoparter. First part is only of Victoria and the swedish royal history up to she fell in love with Daniel. Again she has to answer the question that she and not her brother is the the heir to the throne. The oldest swedsh PM alive was the witness at her birth and he only saw her face and couldnt tell the gender. The former PM Goran Persson was asked if the goverment discussed Victorias anorexia. He was quiet for a wery long time then answered: "We discussed it with her". Victorias old teacher was interwied and the only thing negative she could find about Victoria was that she was a bit to energetic to do things right and the documaker asked Victoria if that was what behind her illness and she said it was

Second part is more of Daniel. His Best friend Andreas Nylin was interwied and he said that the teachers and coaches couldnt place him and Daniel in the opposite teams because it usually ended with someone of them getting hurt. Daniel is a wery competitve person and really hates to loose. The fact that he wouldnt end up with Victoria never crossed his mind. The first year he played for Hofors hockeyteam they went to the former Chechzoslovakia and Olle Westling taped a lot and (at that time) embarrassed his son. During a linechange Olle shouted "Hoho, Daniel, wave to the camera."

Andreas Nylin also said he didnt know where the media got everything from that Daniel couldnt act socially or speak english.

The documentury also had a small discussion about the monarchy.

Back
Top Bottom