TV Interviews, Videos and Documentaries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful videos. I love the way they talk about their daughter, even if I don't understand most of what they are saying, but they speak with so much love and proudness in their voices and their eyes glow. And the way Daniel is holding his little girl and pulling her on her sledge :wub: I'm melting away! ;)

Another video from the same program, from VGTV.
The end is different than in previous videos, Estelle starts to cry and Daniel says that it is good that people can see that you have some temperament also.
Estelle goes to sleep in Daniel's arms.
Bli med prinsesse Estelle på aketur - Rampelys - VGTV

Last edited:
Awwwww thats soooo cute!!! The little princess is so cute! And victoria and Daniel eyes shines soooo beautyful when the both Talk about her little princess!!!! This Family is amazing!!!!

I never saw anyone pass the pacifier the way Crown princess victoria does.

A video of Victoria visiting a camp for children with hemophilia in Södertälje, with her Crown Princess Victoria Fund, on 10th May.
Radiohjälpen - Kronprinsessan Victorias fond SVT Play

SVT showed on Wednesday evening a document of Victoria's and Daniel's wedding gift from the Armed Forces, an experience camp for young people with special needs in Karlskrona at the end of August last year.
A short clip from the program
Victorias och Daniels bröllopspresent | SVT.se

The whole program can be seen only in Sweden, here is the link
Victorias och Daniels bröllopspresent | SVT.se

I saw the document at finnish TV. It was a good, heart-warming program of the young people from all over Sweden gathering to Karlskrona for a camp.

A video of Victoria's visit to Åland in May 2008.
Kruununprinsessa Victoria vierailulla Ahvenanmaalla Elävä arkisto *YLE

Victoria on Swedish Ship Götheborg and Luleå, 22nd August 2013.
Ankomsten Luleå - Kronprinsessan Victoria på Götheborg - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Video of Victoria's visit to Åland, 15th May 2008.
Arkivet Kronprinsessa på besök Ålands Radio och Tv Ab

On Monday 21st April at 20.00 swedish time SVT will show a documentary
Haga Palace - a Royal Home

Swedish documentary from 2014. A film about the Haga Palace then and now. Crown Princess Victoria opens the doors to her new home. Princess Estelle plays in the Haga Princesses' playhouse and Princess Christina remembers her childhood as portrayed in books, songs and news films.

Crown princess Victoria at the documentary:
- For me it's very special that the family is back at Haga. The castle was built by the family at one time so it feels like the circle is closed. I have come closer to my grandmother and grandfather.
For the first time, the crown princess couple Victoria and Daniel let a TV crew into the Haga Palace. During a whole year has SVT producer Sara Bull followed the couple and Princess Estelle through the seasons in the Haga Park and done interviews about Haga Palace and it's history.
- I think many have waited for this program. Haga Palace is an important link in the history of Sweden and that the Crown Princess Couple, along with Princess Estelle now shows up large parts of the castle and the garden with the little playhouse from the 40's is totally unique, says Sara Bull. She also interviewed the Princess Christina who tells about growing up at Haga Palace. Chamberlain Jonas Wallin tells about the history of the palace and shows how they set the table for a representation dinner.
Webb-TV - Se Haga slott - ett kungligt hem i SVT Play
Translation

Thanks so much for letting us all know. Hopefully the program will be available for viewing outside of Sweden.

Also, Lady Finn, I'd just like to thank you for always keeping us up to date on the Swedish royal family. I really appreciate it.

Thanks so much for letting us all know. Hopefully the program will be available for viewing outside of Sweden.

According to SVT, the hour long documentary will be shown in the internet in SVT play.

On Monday 21st April at 20.00 swedish time SVT will show a documentary
Haga Palace - a Royal Home

Swedish documentary from 2014. A film about the Haga Palace then and now. Crown Princess Victoria opens the doors to her new home. Princess Estelle plays in the Haga Princesses' playhouse and Princess Christina remembers her childhood as portrayed in books, songs and news films.

Crown princess Victoria at the documentary:
- For me it's very special that the family is back at Haga. The castle was built by the family at one time so it feels like the circle is closed. I have come closer to my grandmother and grandfather.
For the first time, the crown princess couple Victoria and Daniel let a TV crew into the Haga Palace. During a whole year has SVT producer Sara Bull followed the couple and Princess Estelle through the seasons in the Haga Park and done interviews about Haga Palace and it's history.
- I think many have waited for this program. Haga Palace is an important link in the history of Sweden and that the Crown Princess Couple, along with Princess Estelle now shows up large parts of the castle and the garden with the little playhouse from the 40's is totally unique, says Sara Bull. She also interviewed the Princess Christina who tells about growing up at Haga Palace. Chamberlain Jonas Wallin tells about the history of the palace and shows how they set the table for a representation dinner.
Webb-TV - Se Haga slott - ett kungligt hem i SVT Play
Translation

Wow, this is incredible! i cannot wait to watch it!

Article and some new photos on Svensk Damtidning about SVT's document of Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and the Haga Palace which will be shown on 21st April.
Ny dokumentär om Victorias och Daniels Haga slott – sänds nu i påsk Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Bunte about the documentary with cute photos
Victoria & Daniel: Sie öffnen ihren Palast! | BUNTE.de

Kronprinzessin Victoria, Daniel & Estelle Fotos private Einblicke – Schweizer Illustrierte

Trailer from the documentary "Haga Palace - A Royal Home"
Nya bilder: Så här bor kronprinsessparet | Inrikes | SvD

Expressen about the documentary:

Victoria: For me, it feels very special, the family is back at Haga. It feels like the circle is closed. I did not have the opportunity to get to know my grandparents. For me, Haga very much Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla and my aunts, "Hagasessorna". It feels like I've come a little closer to my grandparents.
Daniel: Sometimes one imagines, that if you get a little bigger so everything becomes so much more fun and better. But that's not how it is. I can actually say that. We are very privileged to live like this. But to live with mom and dad in a townhouse in Ockelbo or to live like this, is probably no difference in happiness for Estelle. A home is a home.
What is it that matters most?
Daniel: Estelle pointing at me and wanting to come to my arms - or not ... That's what matters most. The family and loved ones are the most important thing in life.
Princess Christina: It feels really nice to come back to Haga. It's great to see the house where I lived in as a child, living up again. It is an amazing house with a warm and friendly atmosphere. We had a wonderful childhood here. It was a world of its own. We did not know about the outside world, basically.
Här visar Victoria och Daniel upp sitt hem Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Some gifs from the trailer
https://royalwatcher.tumblr.com/post/82723313291/from-haga-slott-premeiring-easter-monday-april

SVT has published another trailer from the documentary
Haga slott – ett kungligt hem mån 21 4 20.00 SVT Play

Some new photos from the documentary at Svensk Damtidning
Victoria och Daniel välkomnar tv-tittarna till Haga slott Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Sara Bull, the producer of the documentary, tells that she talked with Victoria and Daniel in the first year Estelle was with at "The year with the Royal Family" and Victoria and Daniel thought that a documentary about Haga would be a good idea. They started to film in the spring 2013. Victoria and Daniel wanted to show the palace to the swedish people after the renovation. Despite the big renovation much old has been retained as mirrors, floors, and fireplaces. Haga Palace is an important part of the royal family's history. Bull spent many hours with the family, sometimes whole days. They trusted Bull since they had worked together before and it was a more relaxed and a nice atmosphere, Bull says. Nice shooting days. It's very special to shoot with young children - much have to be done like they want. Estelle had just learned to walk when they started recording, so she was as young children, then, a little wobbly so it was cute and spontaneous. Estelle is a very charming, happy and curious little girl. She was never unhappy during the recording.
Bull tells that at the first day of shooting when Estelle was just over a year Victoria told her to greet nicely and she arrived with her little hand. It's been great fun to get to follow her during filming, she has become a little girl with her own personality.
Hemma hos Estelle - Bostad - Göteborgs-Posten
Translation

SVT has put a new 2-minute clip of this evening's documentary to their website.
Så bor kronprinsessan på Haga slott SVT Play

Victoria and Daniel tell at the documentary that Estelle's main interests are music and dance. Daniel tells that Estelle loves music and that they often have little "dance sessions" when he gets home. Estelle also likes sports, Daniel and Victoria throw balls to her and she has her own icehockey and bandy stick. Daniel says: For us it was important to make a home, where there is what one expects of a home. It's cozy and it's a great place for Estelle and any possible future children to grow up in. Princess Christina also hopes to see more children running at Haga Palace: I hope she gets many little siblings who will be running around here in the park.
Så lever Estelle, Victoria och Daniel Extra Expressen

:previous:thank you
Nice to get an "inside" look to where they live.
Estelle is just lovely :flowers:

:previous: Thanks for sharing the trailer with us, LadyFinn. :flowers: The footage of Estelle was adorable, I particularly liked the bit where she cheekily looked around at the end. :wub: Were the little girls in the older videos the Haga Princesses? They were sweet too.

EDIT: Just seen your post regarding SVT Play. I'll be watching.

Estelle is just the cutest. Love how she sniffs the flower.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

has anyone found the direct link to the live broadcast?

According to SVT, it is not a live broadcast, but the documentary will be put to SVT play.
It is not at the list of live broadcasts today.
https://www.svtplay.se/?tab=live&sida=1

They just put the documentary to SVT play
Haga slott – ett kungligt hem SVT Play

I'm just watching it from my TV, since I can see swedish channels.

Princess Christina told about the big old clock at one of the rooms. It had belonged to her father, Victoria's grandfather, who had chosen it very carefully. Princess Margaretha inherited the clock and took it to England to her home. When she moved to a smaller house, the clock was put to a storage. When she heard that Victoria and Daniel are moving to Haga, she gave the clock to them as a wedding present.

It was a great documentary, a wonderful mix of history and the present life in Haga. In a way Victoria and Daniel got themselves a present when they decided that this program was made. They got a great collection of historical videoclips put to one program.
It must be great to live in that kind of house with a lot of family history. Victoria seemed touched when Daniel spoke about Victoria's grandparents life in Haga, that it was romantic and beautiful until her grandfather died.
Good to see that different traditions continue in Haga now when Victoria and Daniel live there.
Daniel is always very good when he is interviewed. He is very sincere and open and gets straight to the point. It is great to look him with Estelle. Victoria is of course very good with her daughter, but the media is focusing so much on her and Estelle that it is great to see Estelle with her dad.

A future golfer
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Their wedding present, a photo of princess Lilian, at the veranda
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Thank you for the link. It was interesting to watch documentary.

And another thanks from me for providing the link to the documentary, LadyFinn. I always like how you provide us with lots of news on the Swedish Royals.

Since I have a lazy day tomorrow, I'll be watching this documentary. I'm looking forward to it! Estelle was adorable in those photos and she seems to have quite the personality. I love the photo of Estelle throwing her arms up in the air, you can tell that Victoria is annoyed with her and that she's trying to ignore her. :D Haga seems to have a friendly and family atmosphere, it appears to be a nice place to live.

Hmm...looks just like life at my house...

Between Estelle and Prince George, I am nearly on adorableness overload!

I thought it was strange that there was individual photos of everyone except Silvia. But I LOVED the documentary

I thought it was strange that there was individual photos of everyone except Silvia. But I LOVED the documentary

We don't know that. There was a huge amount of photos in many places. Maybe the director just didn't show a photo of the queen.

Finnish Iltasanomat quotes the article in Expressen:
The project leader of the documentary Marie Nyreröd tells that they had a long list of wishes before they started doing the program. But SÄPO had a lot to point out concerning the security of the crown princess family. They denied that an aerial view of Haga Palace may not be shown, the private rooms of the family couldn't be filmed and they couldn't show places like that they could be recognized. Also princess Christina spoke too much, she told where Victoria's and Daniel's bedroom is located at the Palace and that had to be cut off from the program.
Uusi dokumentti kruununprinsessa Victorian perheen elämästä - nämä kohtaukset hovi poisti - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

Exklusivt bildextra Välkomna hem till Estelle! Stoppa Pressarna

A review of the program in Aftonbladet:
Sara Bulls hour-long documentary is very well made. As a historical narrative about the Haga Palace: when, how and why it was built, how the castle has been used over the years, it's importance. Princess Christina didn't defend the darkness in their background.
As a depiction of how Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Princess Estelle live today. Both adults seem so intelligent and thoughtful in everything they do and say. Daniel has perhaps unexpectedly smoothly gone from being the kid from the boondocks to a part of the royal family, without ever forgetting his simple past. He also was more fun than expected. Just such a thing as to call the sheep at Haga for unsocial.
If only the king now had the sense to soon retire, the couple would certainly be excellent representatives of Sweden in scenarios where a royal family is claimed to be beneficial.
And Princess Estelle was of course very adorable, no matter what she did about. But this is true for all children in that age.
Välvalda klipp om Haga slott « Tv-krönikan

It was the second most watched program in Sweden on 14th-21st April.

I'm a little late as I've been meaning to reply to this thread, but keep on missing it somehow. Anyways...

I too loved the documentary, and I particularly liked the bits at the end and elsewhere where they showed Estelle playing with a certain toy and Carl XVI Gustaf and his sisters playing with that same toy/a similar toy 60 or 50 years earlier. Haga seems to be a lovely home but I thought it looked a little plain inside - I know it's a private residence, but I just felt that the walls in some of the rooms needed a little something, although maybe that's just me.

Estelle was absolutely adorable in the documentary and I thought she behaved very well; she didn't cry or worry her parents for things at all. I loved how preoccupied she was with the pinkish plant near the end of the documentary; she seems to like flowers as she was playing with some with Victoria earlier on. I also liked how Victoria waved at a group of children who stopped by to catch a glimpse of the CP family as I thought that was very nice and down to earth. This is why she's one of my favourite royals.

I noticed that in a few times in the documentary, they filmed a purple tent/gazebo; does anyone know what it's used for?

Back
Top Bottom