Theoretical Discussion: What if Victoria would get pregnant out of wedlock?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lena

Heir Apparent
City
Mandø
Country
Denmark
Spotting the stork over Royal Scandinavia (bored?) Expressen felt the need to ask the Swedish court, if there´s a chance to make the "triplet" complete. Thank god they found a talkative contact person:

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=274566

- Men Victoria är inte gravid, så vitt jag vet, säger Ann-Christine Jernberg vid det svenska hovet till Expressen.se.
-But Victoria is not pregnant, as much as I know, says Ann Christine Jernberg from the Royal court to Expressen.se

At least ACJ let us, in her good old habit to say more than necessary, some hope :p

Lena said:
Spotting the stork over Royal Scandinavia (bored?) Expressen felt the need to ask the Swedish court, if there´s a chance to make the "triplet" complete. Thank god they found a talkative contact person:

- Men Victoria är inte gravid, så vitt jag vet, säger Ann-Christine Jernberg vid det svenska hovet till Expressen.se.
-But Victoria is not pregnant, as much as I know, says Ann Christine Jernberg from the Royal court to Expressen.se

At least ACJ let us, in her good old habit to say more than necessary, some hope :p

Lol..Expressen is a bit silly. The question I wonder though is if the upcoming births of heirs to the Crown Princee's neighbors will have any effect of on speeding up a possible engagment

That's funny, but I would do that too. If someone said "Is John a girl?" My answer would be "he's a boy, as much as I know". I think it was just a slip of the tongue. Yes, I wonder if the pregnancies will have an impact on Victoria and Daniel's marital status.

Well if pregnant Vicky would surley marry quite quickly. As a unmarried pregnant Crown Princess would be quite a scandal or would it be to scandinavish ;)

mixer2002de said:
As a unmarried pregnant Crown Princess would be quite a scandal or would it be to scandinavish ;)

You have mentioned this idea quite often before. You seem to like it. I always wonder, what you imagine then...Victoria walking with the stroller through the city, talking at the playground with other mothers "Yes, the life as single mum is hard...but we are so many in Scandinavia...this makes it easier" :p :p
I guess the king would lose his last hairs, when his daughter would decide to have an illegitimate child...

But wouldn't that be good news for the yellow press :D ? So much to write about... And a king getting a skin head :eek:

Lena said:

"Silence is more profitable than abundance of speech." or "Silence is golden"

Anyway, I can´t believe Vanessa Paradis is doing better than Victoria in that poll. And even Sandra´s outfit isn´t that great. These people are blind!

Theoretical discussion: what if Victoria would get pregnant out of wedlock?

Why does Vicky need a outfit to hide something?

mixer2002de said:
Why does Vicky need a outfit to hide something?
Hmm, I hope you are not going to start any rumours. ;)

Yes i hope you are not suggesting what I think you are, she isnt even married so i dont think it is tasteful to start suggesting something like that.

Can Victoria get pregnant with Westlings child like this year and give birth to whatever comes out. And get married next year around this time???. Or if she gets pregnant does she have to get married soon as posiable? And what if Westling doesn't want to get married even though she's having his kid what happens then? Would the child be the new heir anyways?

The O.C. Fanatic said:
Can Victoria get pregnant with Westlings child like this year and give birth to whatever comes out. And get married next year around this time???. Or if she gets pregnant does she have to get married soon as posiable? And what if Westling doesn't want to get married even though she's having his kid what happens then? Would the child be the new heir anyways?
I think it's highly unlikely that Victoria would have a baby out of wedlock. Can you imagine the outburst by the public? What do you mean "give birth to whatever comes out"? Wouldn't it be a baby? :confused:

Throne

If Crown Princess Victoria were to have a child out of wedlock the child would not be allowed to inherit the throne.

Gita said:
If Crown Princess Victoria were to have a child out of wedlock the child would not be allowed to inherit the throne.

I would disagree...but I don´t know for sure!
When Victoria would get a child before her marriage, then it would be clear, that she´s the mother. So this child would bear the genes of the Royal part of this "get-together" of the parents. And isn´t the Royal part "in" a child the most important thing?

Last edited:
Throne

I may be wrong Lena but I thought a child had to be born in wedlock to succeed to the throne? :confused:

Gita said:
I may be wrong Lena but I thought a child had to be born in wedlock to succeed to the throne? :confused:

Well, maybe you are right. Earlier monarchs made their own rules (one just has to think of the adoption of Jean Baptist Bernadotte) but nowadays they have to obey the laws of the state. So all is quite new and it´s hard to say, how it really is. So far there hasn´t been such a case...and I guess with Victoria we also won´t see it.

I´ve asked now on the SRMB and there 2 posters say the child wouldn´t have succession rights. So you were right, Gita :)
Quite ironic, when one a) knows how many illegitimate children are born in Sweden and b) that Victoria´s illegitimate child of e.g. Daniel Westling wouldn´t be allowed to succeed the mother, but when she would marry Sven Svensson, then a child out of this marriage could succeed her

I wonder why thats the way it is. :confused: IMO if it is her child why shouldn't he/she rule after her.

Law

It would need a change in the law in order for an illegitimate to be allowed to succeed to the throne.

Well might the child be dissapointed if it not gets queen or king? What is if she marries the father after birth?

mixer2002de said:
Well might the child be dissapointed if it not gets queen or king? What is if she marries the father after birth?
That's what I was thinking. IF Victoria got pregnant out of wedlock, and then married the father of her child, in the eyes of the law wouldn't the baby be legitimised?

I don't know crap about Swedish law. Doesn't it say that the first born must be granted the crown? If it does then it should be past down regardless in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom