The Swedish Crown Princess Couple's Foundation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Victoria and Daniel participated yesterday in Generation Pep's digital webinar on this year's Pep Report.
The report shows that the ongoing covid-19 pandemic has affected how children and young people feel negatively, and that the "lifestyle pandemic" - where we have become increasingly inactive for a long time and eat too little of what the body needs - does not tend to stop.
Daniel began the webinar by saying, among other things:
"Today we are just over a year in a pandemic that has paralyzed large parts of the world. And the health gaps are perhaps clearer than ever. Unfortunately, this is also confirmed by this year's Pep Report, which we will soon hear more about. My reflection when I look at the figures in this year's report is that we need to understand how big this challenge actually is. We can put pointers and sermons aside - they do not help anyone. Instead, let us consider what we can do to encourage and support those who need it. And then get started and do just that."
At the webinar spoke also Kristina Sparreljung, Secretary General of the Heart-Lung Foundation, Carolina Klüft, managing director at Generation Pep, Marie Löf, head of research at Karolinska Institutet, Anders Raustorp, professor of health promotion at the University of Gothenburg and Anette Jansson, expert at the Heart-Lung Foundation.
Marie Löf, Anders Raustorp and Anette Jansson answered also to the audience's questions.
Kronprinsessparet vid lanseringen av Pep-rapporten 2021 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Daniel
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Daniel's speech, he said also
"This summer it is five years since Crown Princess Victoria and I took the initiative for Generation Pep. We saw a worrying development regarding the health of children and young people, and we wanted to gather all good forces to reverse the trend.
Among other things, we saw that there were unacceptable gaps, which meant that children with tougher conditions socially and financially also had a worse health situation."
H.K.H. Prins Daniels tal vid lanseringen av Pep-rapporten, måndagen den 12 april 2021 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

At Generation Pep's website
Pressmeddelanden _ Pep rapporten 2021_ Coronapandemin har påverkat våra barns hälsa negativt - Generation Pep
Translation

The Pep Report 2021
https://generationpep.se/media/2869/pep-rapporten-2021.pdf
Happy. Positive. Focused. And always stoked. This is how we usually meet Crown Princess Victoria. Therefore, we hear a little extra over the seriousness of her words this time.
Because she's worried about the kids. Maybe not primarily their own. But all the children who have been so negatively affected during the pandemic.
It was clear when the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel presented this year's PEP report yesterday.
Kronprinsessan Victoria ryter ifrån – oron för barnen _*Svensk Dam

The health gaps are perhaps clearer than ever, stated Prince Daniel during Monday's digital meeting.
Victorias fruktan för barnen – nu sätter hon ner foten - Allt om kungligt

Victoria and Daniel had today a digital meeting with organization Hello World, which is supported with a grant by The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation.
Hello World is a non-profit association that organizes summer camps and meetings with children and young people with the aim of encouraging and spreading interest in science, technology, innovation and art with digital tools.
Victoria and Daniel talked to representatives from the management and a youth leader.
Kronprinsessparet i möte med organisationen Hello World - Sveriges Kungahus

At website of The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation
The digital visit began with Hello World's Secretary General, Maria Arneng, presenting the business in more detail. Then project manager Arash Sajadi and project manager assistant Mahdi Akbari told about the project On Tour. Alice Heiman also participated in the meeting and shared the journey she made with Hello World! where she went from being a participant herself to now being a junior leader in addition to her studies.
Karl-Johan Persson, a member of the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation's Board, also attended the meeting.
Hello World! is one of the thirteen organizations that receive support from the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation this year.
Kronprinsessparet på digitalt organisationsbesök hos Hello World! _ Kronprinsessparets stiftelse

At the top right we see Elin Annwall, the managing director of The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation, and to the left of her Nahal Illerstig, business developer of the Foundation.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f6bc50097bfb00283f62cb670824aaec&oe=609B9801
Pic

Last edited by a moderator:
Victoria and Daniel participated yesterday in a digital meeting with organization Motivationslyftet, which is one of the thirteen projects supported by The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation.
Motivationslyftet is a non-profit association that offers educational programs to schools to give them an opportunity to work in a structured way with motivation, values, self-esteem and self-leadership.
Victoria and Daniel talked to representatives from the organization and teachers and students from Hagge school in Smedjebacken and Christinaskolan on Lidingö.
Kronprinsessparet i möte med Motivationslyftet - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos at court Facebook
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ea8688778afd1e9c3a9389f0cae0d79c&oe=609DB40E
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=7cb19d0a5764663ff5adfae94429dcce&oe=609F2799

Elin Annwall, the managing director of The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation, and Nahal Illerstig, business developer of the Foundation, attended also the meeting.

At website of The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation
The purpose of the digital visit was for Victoria and Daniel and the Foundation to gain in-depth knowledge of Motivationslyftet's activities and methods. Motivationslyftet's managing director Jana Söderberg and communications manager Helene Bruneheim presented the work being carried out.
Afterwards, two different schools participated to tell about their experiences of working with Motivationslyftet's school materials.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel på digitalt organisationsbesök hos Motivationslyftet _ Kronprinsessparets stiftelse
Translation

Generation Pep Study: A population‐based survey on diet and physical activity in 12,000 Swedish children and adolescents
The study was funded by the Swedish Heart‐Lung Foundation
Generation Pep Study_ A population‐based survey on diet and physical activity in 12,000 Swedish children and adolescents - Rosell - - Acta Paediatrica - Wiley Online Library

Last edited:
Generation Pep's managing director Carolina Klüft has been interviewed by Riddarnytt Magazine about the work of Generation Pep.

At Facebook of The Heart-Lung Foundation
Carolina Klüft, one of Sweden's foremost athletes of all time and managing director at Generation Pep, shares her best tips for moving more!
1. Do things together with others. With friends, family, etc. Everything becomes more fun together with others!
2. Be outdoors. Outdoor activities usually naturally lead to activities in different ways.
3. Dance! Put on your favorite song and dance for a while.
4. Make fun obstacle courses. Take what you find outside or inside and make an obstacle course. Works well for both large and small.

Daniel had today a digital meeting with the steering group of Generation Pep.

Generation Pep's managing director Carolina Klüft has been interviewed by SportExpressen. Carolina has been interviewed at the family's gym, which also serves as an office. Their house is private, not shown to the media.

She is one of Sweden's most successful and noted athletes ever. But now Carolina Klüft, 38, has chosen to live a secluded life in Järvsö.
The former athletics star talks about life as a mother of three, the need to be alone and the new multi-million project with her husband Patrik.
The holiday home Carolina and Patrik Klüft bought a few years ago has been expanded and transformed into a permanent home.
That she sets boundaries and protects her privacy is nothing new. Carolina Klüft is strict about what she shares in public. Above all, it is the three daughters, 6, 3, and 1.5 years old that she wants to keep out of the public eye.
- The day they are big enough to decide for themselves, it is their choice. But until then, it is my and Patrik's responsibility.
Stockholm still plays a part in Carolina's life, she is managing director at Generation Pep which works to improve the health of children and young people and is headquartered in Stockholm. During the pandemic it has mostly been homework but usually she takes the train to Stockholm a couple of days a week. Carolina gets excited when she talks about her job.
- We have unequal health in Sweden. Children and young people have different conditions for good health and there must be a change there, it is an extremely important issue that I am really passionate about.
Despite her full-time job at Generation Pep, Carolina Klüft has more assignments. She has previously been seen in a number of TV contexts, athletics expert at SVT, Viasat and competition programs "Masters of the Masters" and "Superstars". This summer she will be an expert in the studio in Stockholm at Discovery's broadcasts from the Olympics in Tokyo.
Carolina also has a new multi-million project underway. Together with her husband Patrik, another couple from Järvsö and a small travel company, she has bought a large Hälsingegård farm. The old farm is currently under complete renovation and this summer the plan is for "Camp Järvsö" to open.
- You should be able to go here on a long weekend with the family or the girl group, exercise, eat and socialize. There will be running tracks, yoga hall, gym. In the winter you will be able to skate on the lake, swim in the summer.
https://static.cdn-expressen.se/images/37/6e/376e87d9d1a9426093f765356f6b5421/annan/1280@60.jpg
Expressen's interview translation

Last edited:
At the website of Generation Pep
The country's third Pep Park inaugurated today!
Generation Pep has for some years been working on a concept we call Pep Park. It all started as a project with the city of Solna and Fabege and has since developed into a tool that anyone can adopt. A Pep Park provides children, young people and adults with the conditions for play, movement and everyday exercise together.
On April 27, the third Pep Park was inaugurated and it is located in Råcksta. Behind the park is the property owner Wallenstam.
The park has everything from obstacles to balance, to multifunctional climbing frame and climbing drumline and the opportunity to take time to attract to a fun-filled way to move, play and socialize.
Aktuellt _ Idag invigdes landets tredje Pep Park! - Generation Pep

- It's great fun that Wallenstam chooses to build a Pep Park. We know that the whole community must join forces to create better conditions for children and young people to be active, and part is to create more attractive and accessible areas that enable active leisure and where a Pep Park can play an important role, says Carolina Klüft, managing director for Generation Pep.
Wallenstams Pep Park på plats i Råcksta _ Wallenstam AB

Project manager Niklas Ek from Generation Pep (Daniel's friend since their childhood) attended the inauguration.

Video of Generation Pep's digital webinar on 12th April on this year's Pep Report.
Daniel gives a speech, he starts speaking at 1.23. He makes also a question at 38.10.

The first certified Generation Pep schools have been designated
Generation Pep has since 2018 worked with the digital and free tool Pep School, and over 1800 schools have registered. During autumn 2020, the possibility that schools can now become certified Generation Pep schools was opened, and now we can proudly present the schools that are certified for the year 2021.
The schools have developed clear action plans and in a systematic way worked with the entire school in the six different areas that Pep School covers. To be certified, it is required that the schools have highly valued themselves in all areas, and that this covers the entire school and not an individual class or year group. The school's action plans are reviewed by an expert group.
The schools were appointed at the beginning of the year. They have received a flag 'and a diploma from Generation Pep signed by Carolina Klüft and Prince Daniel.
Fredborgskolan, F-9
Västerstrandsskolan, F-6
Korpadalsskolan, F-6
Vasaskolan, F-6
Runbacka skolor, F-9
British Junior Eskilstuna, F-9
Aktuellt _ De första certifierade Generation Pep skolorna är utsedda - Generation Pep

Generation Pep has two new employees, Brandon Sekitto, Responsible for intercultural collaboration and Matti Leijon, Project Manager Pep Municipality
Kontakt _ Generation pep - Generation Pep

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel attended today a board meeting of the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation at the Royal Palace.

Play, movement, training and everyday exercise. These are the premises for four new type of parks being built in Gothenburg. A press view of Länsmansgården's activity area is on 7th June and representatives from the City of Gothenburg and Generation Pep's managing director Carolina Klüft and Mustafa "Musse" Mohamed, ambassador for Generation Pep will be present.
Two of the activity areas, in Länsmansgården and Biskopsgården, will be so-called Pep Parks. This means that they are part of the concept created by Generation Pep, a non-profit organization which was founded in 2016 on the initiative of the Crown Princess couple.
- It's great that the City of Gothenburg has built two Pep Parks! The whole society must gather strength to create better conditions for people to be active. One part is to create more attractive and accessible areas that make it easier to have an active leisure time and where a Pep Park can play an important role, says Carolina Klüft.
Pressvisning_ Ny park i Göteborg ska peppa till mer rörelse _ Göteborgs Stad

At Generation Pep's Annual Report 2020:
Generation Pep is a non-profit organization founded in July 2016. The initiator is the Crown Princess couple and behind Generation Pep are leading Swedish companies, foundations and non-profit organizations. Legal person is the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation whose board consists of H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Daniel, Elin Annwall, Karl-Johan Persson, Johan Skarborg, Fredrik Wersäll and Jan Lindman.
This board has appointed a steering group for Generation Pep.
Steering group:
H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Daniel, Elin Annwall, Oscar Boldt-Christmas, Eva Carlheim, Cecilia Lundin, Cristina Stenbeck, Per Strömberg, Carl Johan Sundberg
Founding partners:
The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation, CS Foundation for Next Generation, The Erling Persson Family Foundation, ICA Foundation, The Foundation Marcus and Amalia Wallenberg Memorial Fund, Carl Bennet AB, IKEA, Telia.
https://generationpep.se/media/2883/2104_genpep_verksamhetsberattelse_digital.pdf

The first Pep Park in Gothenburg was inaugurated yesterday 7th June in Länsmansgården.
In a slightly rainy Gothenburg, a school class from a nearby school gathered to be the first to test the park's offerings. Managing director Carolina Klüft and Generation Pep's ambassador Mustafa Mohammed attended the inauguration.
Aktuellt _ Ny Pep Park invigd i Göteborg - Generation Pep

Carolina Klüft new honorary doctor at Sahlgrenska Academy
Former athlete Carolina Klüft has been appointed an honorary doctor of medicine at Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg. Her work, inspiring people to adopt an active lifestyle, strengthens the Academy’s research focus on preventing ill health through physical activity.
As a champion heptathlete Carolina Klüft, born 1983, is one of the all-time greats. Since moving on from her successful career as an elite track and field athlete in 2012, she has been busy promoting physical activity among youth. She is operations manager of the organization Generation Pep, which aims to give every child and adolescent in Sweden the opportunity and the will to live an active, healthy life.
Professor Agneta Holmäng, Board Chair and Dean: “Through her work in Generation Pep, Carolina Klüft inspires organizations and individuals alike. And I know she is always meticulous about the information she presents being supported by scientific evidence.”
Carolina Klüft says she feels honored by the award, and sees clear links between the Academy and the work of Generation Pep — an organization that, she points out, was born from research and science.
Carolina Klüft new honorary doctor at Sahlgrenska Academy _ University of Gothenburg

Carolina Klüft has been appointed honorary doctor of medicine at the Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg. The former athletics star receives the award for his work with the Crown Princess Couple's organization Generation Pep.
Carolina Klüft utnämnd till hedersdoktor _ SVT Nyheter

Wonderful news, Carolina Klüft really deserves this!

Last edited:
Daniel had today a digital meeting with the steering group of Generation Pep.

Generation Pep presents their staff at their Instagram and they give tips for healthy diet, training and moving. The first presentations:

Managing director Carolina Klüft
Hello, managing director Carro here! In the coming weeks, we thought you would get to know us who work at Generation Pep a little better and get to take part in some of our best summer tips! First out is myself, so now we drive! ⁠
My best summer tip is a game we called Tjugondagknut when we were little, even though it has nothing to do with Christmas.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRg8HM6rz1N/

Project manager of Healty School Marie Harding
Hey all! My name is Marie and I work with our school initiative Pep Skola. My best tip for a healthy summer is to freeze organic seedless grapes. I'm crazy about ice cream, so to alternate a little more useful alternatives, it fits perfectly. If you also squeeze a little lemon on them before they go into the freezer, it tastes as tasty as a piggelin ice cream! ⁠
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRjg6YkjFzb/

Project manager of Leisure time Niklas Ek (Daniel's friend since their childhood)
Hey! My name is Niklas and I am the project manager for Leisure time, which includes our popular movement. My best tip for an active summer is to find a mountain and get up for it. How to get there does not matter - you can climb, walk or maybe even bike. If you also have a portable stove with you, you have something to look forward to once you are up, in addition to the view then of course. Our family likes to make it easy for us and then sausages are excellent and if you want, you take fruit salad as dessert. Do not forget the water just because it is difficult to move upwards.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRmFtT6J8Ad/

Communications manager Emma Blomdahl Wahlberg
Hey! My name is Emma and I am the communications manager at Generation Pep. Since I love watermelon, of course watermelon is my best tip for a healthier summer. The good thing about watermelon is that it can vary so much. You can, for example, have it in salads, but you can also make super good ice cream or slush on watermelon by freezing it and then mixing - either by yourself or with frozen banana for a creamier texture. Both me and my son love it!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRrPSvMlLOe/

The Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences GIH is taking another important step forward in the work of broadening and deepening research on the connection between healthy brain functions and physical activity. It is a unique project where well-qualified researchers work together with knowledge-supplementing companies.
KK-stiftelsen, GIH and twelve companies (AbbVie, Avonova Hälsa, BioArctic, Health Profile Institute, Ikea, Itrim, Monark Exercise, Permobil, Saab, Sats, Skandia and Storytel) together invest just over 120 million in research on physical activity and healthy brain functions from a sustainable perspective.
The non-profit organizations Generation Pep, RG Aktiv Rehabilitering and Spinalis also support the project with their specialized expertise.
120 miljoner till forskning om fysisk aktivitet och hjärnhälsa _ GIH

The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation at its website
This year's application period is open
The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation is now accepting applications for grants from organizations that work to counteract exclusion or promote the health of children and young people in Sweden.
The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation receives applications once a year, during the month of August. The last day to apply is 31 August 2021.
Årets ansökningsperiod är öppen _ Kronprinsessparets stiftelse

The presentations of their staff continue at Generation Pep's Instagram.
Project manager of Events Oskar Sewerin
Hey! Oskar here, and I'm the event manager at Generation Pep. My best tip for an active summer with the family is to steer an all-around game where both parents and children participate. You can, for example, build an obstacle course in the garden or compete in relays of various kinds. Maybe the children can come up with their own creative and active games to challenge the parents in. Regardless, everyone feels good from an active moment together. After the all-around fight, it is perfect to quench your thirst with watermelon in all its forms
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRy9rmuFwNk/

Digital & visual graphic communicator Kajsa Djupfeldt
My name is Kajsa and I am a digital & graphic communicator at Generation Pep. My best tip for a good start to a summer day is to eat a good breakfast with both fruit, berries and some vegetables. My favorite is a bowl of oatmeal with frozen raspberries and blueberries in the bottom for a little coolness, topped with sliced banana and pumpkin seeds on top and cold milk. If it is super hot outside, I can recommend that you also leave the banana pieces frozen, so that all the fruit and berries for the porridge are really cold. In addition, there is often a sandwich with cheese and cucumber
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR1id7YFzrk/

Project Manager of Healthy choices Elin Annwall (she is also the Managing Director of The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation, has been from its start in 2010)
Hello! My name is Elin and I am the project manager for Healthy Choices. My best tip for an active summer is to swim! You can jump, dive, swim, climb a cliff and jump in again or run along the beach. Swimming in the sea or in a lake means a lot of wonderful movement without thinking about it. Do not forget to always swim with an adult or a friend and to keep track of the water deep enough to dive in, so that the bathing experience remains a fun experience.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR4HQ8cNJZa/

Project manager of Healthy start in life Sara Westberg
Hello Hello! My name is Sara and I am the project manager for Healthy start in life. My best summer tip is to take the opportunity to eat a lot of fruit and berries during the summer because, for example, both strawberries and melons are the tastiest then and will be the best everyday luxury! In my family, we usually mix strawberries with a little water or yogurt and then pour the mixture into ice cream molds. Then let them stand in the freezer for a few hours and then you can enjoy homemade ice cream / yogurt ice cream
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR6sD77tdxb/

Generation Pep's managing director Carolina Klüft works as expert in athletics at Discovery Plus during the TV-broadcasts from Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
On 2nd August Carolina met at the studio the swedish medalists at men's discus, olympic champion Daniel Ståhl and silver medalist Simon Pettersson, who had come home from Tokyo.
Daniel showed his gold medal to Carolina (Carolina has many medals at home, Carolina won gold in heptathlon at 2004 Olympic Games, at World Championships in 2003, 2005 and 2007 and at European Championships in 2002 and 2006).

Generation Pep:
New investment will inspire upper secondary schools to introduce more movement
Together with a number of authorities and organizations, Generation Pep has been involved in developing an initiative aimed primarily at upper secondary school, where the goal is for all upper secondary school students to receive daily physical activity of at least 15 minutes every day for at least 12 weeks. This concentration of power is a way of repaying the activity debt that the Swedish upper secondary school has towards the students who had a large part of the previous school year as distance education.
We have interviewed The Swedish Federation of Student Unions' chairman Josefine Fälth and chairman of the Sweden's student councils Jennie Gustavsson, who both are also involved in the work to hear about why they and their members, the students themselves, think this initiative is important.
Actors in this initiative include the Swedish Public Health Agency, the National Agency for Education, Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions, the Government Committee for the Promotion of Increased Physical Activity, the Swedish Association of Independent Schools, the Sweden's student councils, The Swedish Federation of Student Unions and Generation Pep.
Aktuellt _ Ny satsning ska inspirera gymnasieskolor att införa mer rörelse - Generation Pep
Translation

Generation Pep's managing director Carolina Klüft has been interviewed to Rektorsmagasinet. She speaks a lot about the work of Generation Pep.

Carolina Klüft ended her sports career in August nine years ago. She still holds the European record in heptathlon.
Skolledare.se and RektorsMAGASINET have curiously approached Carolina with the question of what she does as Olympic champion and world champion today? Carolina has been a TV-program host and since 2019 she is the managing director of Generation Pep.
Carolina was in June named as an honorary doctor of medicine at Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg. Carolina says that she feels very honored and proud of the award and above all of the entire team at Generation Pep who work every day to improve the health of children and young people. Getting attention for this preventive work feels very fun and important. Carolina is asked what she thinks is the reason to the big breakthrough of Generation Pep? Carolina says that Generation Pep is founded by the Crown Princess couple and their commitment has of course been an important basis for the organization. Then they have a dedicated team that every day does the little extra to create the change. She is also asked what is the most challenging thing about being a managing director at Generation Pep? Carolina says: To be patient and not get frustrated that societal change takes time.
https://www.skolledare.se/carolina-klüft

Last edited:
At the website of Generation Pep
Generation Pep has for over five years worked to increase awareness, spread knowledge and create commitment to the issue of children and young people's physical health. During these five years, we have noticed that the interest in the issue is high, but we need even more people who are committed to creating change so that we have a society where all children and young people have the opportunity and desire to live an active and healthy life. The development is going in the wrong direction.
Aktuellt _ Vi vill att Sverige ska må bättre - Generation Pep
Translation

Korpadalsskolan's work with exercise and healthy food gets a quality stamp from Generation Pep. Break activities have been an important part.
- We have been using Generation Pep's tools for a few years. We have written down how we worked to achieve the goals and this year we got a full pot, says Anna Karlsson, teacher in leisure center.
- The children thought it was fun to get a diploma from Carolina Klüft and Prince Daniel, who is the initiator of Generation Pep together with Crown Princess Victoria.
Annas skola belönas av Generation Pep _ Fritidspedagogik

Last edited:
Daniel speaks at this Generation Pep video published a couple of days ago
"We want Sweden to feel better, which is why we have decided to reverse this development. Are you with us?"

On Tuesday 7 September, the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation arranged a meeting at the Royal Palace for the organizations that receive support from the Foundation. Researcher Nurit Nobel was invited to give a lecture on the topic of nudging.
The meeting ended with a joint lunch.
Organisationsträff och föreläsning med Nurit Nobel _ Kronprinsessparets stiftelse

Victoria and Daniel couldn't attend because of the state visit.

At the website of The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation
Can students' well-being and school results be increased by physical activity and homework?
A research study at The Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences will investigate how students in grade 8 are affected by extended school days with three hours of scheduled physical activity, audio books and homework a week.
The study is funded by Skandia Ideas For Life, The Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences, the Foundation for Knowledge and Skills Development and co-producing partners Storytel, IKEA, Permobil and the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation/Generation Pep.
Kan elevers välmående och skolresultat ökas av fysisk aktivitet och läxläsning_ _ Kronprinsessparets stiftelse

About Generation Pep's Pep Parks at the magazine of Sveriges Fastighetsutveckling (Sweden's property development):

When Solna resident Prince Daniel contacted Solna and asked if they wanted to be the first of Sweden to build a Pep Park, it was not a difficult decision to make.
- We thought it sounded like a very good idea!, says Pehr Granfalk, municipal councilor in Solna.
The Crown Princess couple has their own Foundation, which among other things runs Generation Pep which aims to get children and young people to move more and Pep Parks is a concrete way to achieve this goal. The parks are free and open 24 hours a day.
Granfalk says that he sees Pep Park as a mixture of playground and outdoor gym. Adults like to go to the outdoor gym, but it is not the most fun playground in the world, and if you go to the playground, it is not the most fun place in the world for adults. Here they can both move.
The first park is in Huvudsta, and there is the concept "100 meters pep". Granfalk tells that there you can challenge a pike, Carolina Klüft or a turtle to run 60 meters. The other park close to Friends Arena is more in a city environment.
A third park is being planned in Haga Park, where the Crown Princess couple lives. But where exactly is not clear. Granfalk says it's not entirely easy to find the right place, but they are working on it and when they know where to build they can design the park. Granfalk recommends other municipalities to invest in Pep Park.

The magazine has also interviewed Elin Annwall, project manager at Generation Pep and the managing director of The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation:
Generation Pep wants to see Pep Parks all over the country
- If you want to develop a Pep Park, just send the application to our website, says Elin Annwall.
The Crown Princess couple founded a Foundation before their wedding in 2010. The purpose of the Foundation is to counteract exclusion and promote good health for children and young people. The Foundation initiates, highlights and finances projects that work for good health and strengthened community among children and young people in Sweden. In 2016, the Crown Princess couple through their Foundation also took the initiative for Generation Pep with the aim of engaging the whole community in the work of promoting children's health.
The Pep Parks must be accessible parks in attractive locations. The parks in Solna have been well received, thinks Elin Annwall and says that what is fun is that the two existing parks are so very different. In addition to the two parks in Solna and one more planned there, additional parks will come to Gothenburg and Råcksta.
Annwall says that they know that the whole society must be helped to create better conditions for children and young people to be active. They also know that the outdoor environment is very important for physical activity, it has become clear especially now with the pandemic. The hope is now that property owners will be inspired by and have use for a Pep Park so that many attractive parks are created around the country.

Last edited:
The fifth Pep Forum takes place on 10th November at 13.00-16.00, with theme "Sweden shall feel better" in the presence of the Crown Princess Couple.
This year's edition takes place in hybrid form where there is both the opportunity to participate physically on site, but also to participate digitally.
Some of the speakers
Carolina Klüft, managing director of Generation Pep
Amanda Lind, Minister for Culture and Democracy, with responsibility for sport
Magnus Jägerskog, Secretary General BRIS
Stephan Wilson, Health profile and host
Anders Wallensten, Doctor, epidemiologist and author
Missa inte årets Pep Forum! - Generation Pep

Moviement - a new initiative to inspire more movement through film
Göteborg Film Festival Prisma and Generation Pep have created Moviement with support from the Västra Götaland region. Göteborg Film Festival Prisma is an annual film festival that gives children and young people good films from all over the world and tools for creating films themselves.
The aim of the initiative is to inspire children and young people to use digital technology and make films with elements of movement. The theme in 2021-2022 is dance and via Moviement, children and young people will receive tips in both filmmaking and dance techniques.
Aktuellt _ Moviement – nytt initiativ för att genom film inspirera till mer rörelse - Generation Pep
Translation

The website
Moviement

Victoria and Daniel had today a meeting with the steering group of Generation Pep.

Victoria and Daniel met today the participants of the expert council and youth council for the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation.
The Foundation supports organizations that work to promote good health and counteract exclusion among children and young people.
To ensure that the projects that the foundation supports effectively improve health and community, the foundation has an expert council. The participants act as advisors, assess and prioritize between the applications.
The Foundation also has a youth council which this year consists of eight young people from Fryshuset's primary school. The youth council presented its analyzes and recommendations to Victoria and Daniel and the expert council. The decision of the recipients of a grant will be given no later than 30 November. The members of the councils work voluntarily to support the Foundation.
Kronprinsessparet träffade expertråd och ungdomsråd - Sveriges Kungahus

At the website of The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation
Kronprinsessparet på möte med Stiftelsens ungdomsråd och expertråd _ Kronprinsessparets stiftelse

Last edited:
A new Pep Park inaugurated today in Gothenburg
The Sports and Association Administration in the City of Gothenburg wants to create more opportunities for people in socio-economically vulnerable areas to have an active lifestyle. The administration will build a new type of activity area in 2021 at four locations in Gothenburg.
Blidväder's activity area has been developed in collaboration with organization Generation Pep and can therefore call itself a Pep Park. Generation Pep is a non-profit organization formed five years ago on the initiative of the Crown Princess couple.
- The whole society must gather strength to create better conditions for people to be active. One part is to create more attractive and accessible areas that make it easier to have an active leisure time and where a Pep Park can play an important role. Therefore, it is great that we see several players such as the City of Gothenburg who want to be involved in building Pep Parks, says Carolina Klüft, operations manager for Generation Pep.
At the inauguration Generation Pep's ambassador, long-distance runner Mustafa "Musse" Mohamed gave running technique tips.
Gratis aktiviteter i Biskopsgården ska peppa till rörelse _ Göteborgs Stad

More photos of Victoria and Daniel meeting The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation's Youth Council on 14th October.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090011J16343789532053633
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090031J16343789532053633
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090021J16343789532053633

Last edited:
Carolina Klüft, operations manager of Generation Pep, has been interviewed by swedish Kids & Family magazine.
Carolina is one of Sweden's best athletes ever. Exercise and sports have always been a big part of her life.
Today she is passionate about getting more children and young people moving and creating better conditions for the younger generation.
Carolina has worked for Generation Pep for its start and has been the operations manager for two years.
Carolina was named as an honorary doctor of medicine at Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg. Carolina says that it feels very honoring to be nominated as an honorary doctor. It feels good and important that Generation Pep's work with prevention for good health is noticed, especially when the focus is on children and young people.

Föräldraboost at its Instagram
Carolina Klüft is a parent of 3 children, former elite athlete and a popular profile. Has always been passionate of being involvement in the community and is today operations manager for Generation Pep.
Why does Carolina want to be in our book?
“Generation Pep works to ensure that all children and young people have the opportunity and desire to live an active and healthy life. To get there, we need to make sure that all adults receive information about why a healthy lifestyle is important for our children's health, and there I am convinced that this book will make a big difference.”
We are proud to present Carolina as one of our hand-picked guest writers and look forward to her contribution to the book!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVPXpk1oeXT/

Carolina Klüft, operations manager for Generation Pep, greets all employees that she looks forward to our joint development journey towards becoming an even healthier school.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQVJ_jAiF3/

Carolina Klüft (Olympic champion, 3-time World champion and 2-time European champion in heptathlon) participated at a podcast with the best heptathletes in the world: Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Denise Lewis, Jessica Ennis Hill and Nafissatou Thiam.
"What an honor to be part of the same podcast with these fantastic sportswomen. The heptathletes of all time. Thank you so much the best heptathletes in the world for a great moment together. I admire you all"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVOF_htMFLO/

International architecture award to Pep Park in Solna
The Pep Park "100 meters Pep" in Huvudsta, Solna has been awarded the IOC IAKS Bronze Award and also an extra award for its accessibility adaptation.
The International Olympic Committee IOC and The International Association for Sports and Leisure Facilities IAKS, have during the award ceremony in Cologne on October 26, awarded the Pep Park "100 meters Pep" with IOC IAKS Bronze Award.
Generation Pep's operations manager Carolina Klüft says: Through an unusual aesthetic expression, the park can appeal to target groups who do not usually visit a playground or an outdoor gym. In the park, the boundary between play and exercise is blurred, which can be a way to reach those who do not feel at home on the playground but also not in the outdoor gym. The park invites you to train together across age limits so that the whole family can use it.
Pehr Granfalk, Chair of the Executive Committee/City of Solna, says: With "100 meters Pep", more children, young people and adults in Solna have the opportunity for play, movement and everyday exercise. It is fun that the park is now receiving international attention, and I am especially proud of the award for accessibility.
Pep Parks is a collaboration between the City of Solna, Fabege and Generation Pep, an organization initiated by the Crown Princess couple. The initiative is a pilot project with the aim of developing a model for collaboration between municipalities and the business communities. "100 meters Pep" contains trampoline, balance walk, running track, outdoor stage, plantations with edible fruits and berries and can also function as an outdoor gym for adults.
International architecture award for Pep Park in Solna - Fabege

Generation Pep writes:
Join the Pep kilometer during week 44!
The autumn holiday is here and Generation Pep starts its annual challenge, the Pep kilometer. The Pep kilometer means that you run, walk, cycle, roll or otherwise get active at least 1 kilometer every day for a whole week.
Studies show that children and young people are most sedentary on holidays and weekends, where Generation Pep wants to make a targeted investment to get more movement just during holidays. That's where the Pep kilometer comes in.
- Our hope is that the Pep kilometer will be a fun and inspiring challenge that everyone can take part in. When it comes to moving based on our own conditions, we want as many people as possible to be able to participate and all movement really counts, says Carolina Klüft, operations manager at Generation Pep.
This is the second year Generation Pep drives the Pep kilometer during the autumn holiday. Generation Pep shares in its Instagram inspiration to get more people to participate.
Aktuellt _ Häng med på Pep-kilometern under vecka 44! - Generation Pep

Generation Pep's ambassador Mustafa Mohamed runs the Pep kilometer with his children
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVx_aiqBYd8/

Victoria and Daniel attend The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation's seminar on 30th November at the Royal Palace.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom