Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Official Visit to Finland: November 1-2, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe they want to keep updated about what we talk here at royal forums. :whistling:

I think those are some kind of portfolios or folders. I was wondering if they contain information about their daily schedule, background information about the places they will visit, people they will meet etc. I don't think they carry mobile phones with them for several reasons and carrying a laptop around would be too impractical, so they probably just have a bunch of papers with them.

Did you see all the presents the couple received while in Finland? Some of them were so hideous I was wondering if they have some sort of a exhibition room or similar (I remember reading about some sort of room where they place all the gifts they receive on their trips) where they can conveniently drop all those jewellery items shaped like a map etc. :ROFLMAO: You would think that the hosts would have the sense to pick out something that is actually stylish and well-made but no... Well, I doubt they'd use their presents anyway. ;)

Jennie, Expressen wrote that Victoria became nervous after she said the wrong city, was that anything you noticed? According to the same newspaper there was a assasinationthreat to the couple

She continues to reuse dresses, same blue dress as in Örebro

I guess nobody in the media got the joke... She said it on purpose! If my memory serves me right, the King made the same mistake when he visited Finland several years back referring to the city as 'Helsingborg' (I believe it's a joke among the family how they occasionally get mixed up with cities). I suppose it has since become a sort of a running joke and every time they visit, they refer to Helsingfors as Helsingborg.

Of course it could be a simple mistake too but Victoria handled it so well correcting herself immediately and saying "a classic mistake" that I wouldn't be surprised if she did it on purpose. Did she read the speech from paper..? If she did (which I doubt), the words 'Helsingborg' and 'Helsingfors' look so similar on paper that a hasty dyslexic might read it wrong (speaking from experience...).

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess nobody in the media got the joke... She said it on purpose! If my memory serves me right, the King made the same mistake when he visited Finland several years back referring to the city as 'Helsingborg' (I believe it's a joke among the family how they occasionally get mixed up with cities). I suppose it has since become a sort of a running joke and every time they visit, they refer to Helsingfors as Helsingborg.

Of course it could be a simple mistake too but Victoria handled it so well correcting herself immediately and saying "a classic mistake" that I wouldn't be surprised if she did it on purpose. Did she read the speech from paper..? If she did (which I doubt), the words 'Helsingborg' and 'Helsingfors' look so similar on paper that a hasty dyslexic might read it wrong (speaking from experience...).

Yes she actually did read the speech from paper. I noticed that she watched several times down on her paper, read slowly, and then said the sentence. I noticed how slow reader she is, like she has also said herself.

I think she did that Helsingborg mistake because of her dyslexia.

Here is video from Hanaholmen Future Forum seminar that Victoria opened with a speech: https://www.videonet.fi/hanaholmen/20101102/

https://www.hellomagazine.com/image...cial-visit/wedding-marriage/0-12-931/1--a.jpg This picture is taken at the very same moment as this one that I took myself: Victoria and Daniel in Lahti | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Actually my camera can be seen in the first picture, on the far left. :p
On Royal Court of Sweden website I am in a picture with Victoria, too. It feels quite nice. :)

One video here:
Tusentals såg Victoria och Daniel | Yle Nyheter | svenska.yle.fi

Victoria the new Queen of Hearts?
hellomagazine.com - Princess Charming: Is Victoria the new queen of hearts?

The minister for Foreign Affairs of Finland, Alexander Stubb, met Victoria and Daniel privately at their hotel before the reception at the presidential palace. Minister Stubb gave Victoria a bag and for Daniel the swedish version of the book of author Miika Nousiainen.
Here minister Stubb with his wife Suzanne and Victoria and Daniel.
Alex Stubb » Blogi

The minister for Foreign Affairs of Finland, Alexander Stubb, met Victoria and Daniel privately at their hotel before the reception at the presidential palace. Minister Stubb gave Victoria a bag and for Daniel the swedish version of the book of author Miika Nousiainen.
Alex Stubb » Blogi

I read somewhere that minister Stubb has known Daniel for a long time. As a sportive person he has been training at Daniel's gym while he has been in Stockholm.

He gave Daniel one of my favorite books! It's a hilarious novel about a Finnish man who wants desperately to be Swedish. :p

I noticed how slow reader she is, like she has also said herself.
Oh, I thought that was intentional, I mean speaking slowly, so that people would understand her Swedish better. She also pronunciated words very clearly, not like one would usually do when speaking one's mother tongue.

Oh, I thought that was intentional, I mean speaking slowly, so that people would understand her Swedish better. She also pronunciated words very clearly, not like one would usually do when speaking one's mother tongue.

Well, I think it was also that. In general Victoria is pronouncing Swedish quite clearly, no matter if she's in Sweden or Finland. She's emphasizing the meaningful words, and so on. I think it's partly her style of speaking.

Alex Stubb » Blogi

I love when she wears this dress:).

You know is it me or does Daniel still look uncomfortable with these appearances that he has to make? I know it hasnt been that long since he became a Prince but shouldnt he be a little more familiar with what he has to do? Everything is so rigid, his body, his movements etc. Or is it just protocol that you dont loosen up too much. I would like to see him more open and expressive towards not only the people he meets but to Victoria as well. Maybe Im being too critical.:flowers

:previous: I think it's exactly the opposite. He seemed much more relaxed in their appearances in Finland, and also Norrbotten, then for example in France.

:previous: I think it's exactly the opposite. He seemed much more relaxed in their appearances in Finland, and also Norrbotten, then for example in France.

I agree. And in "nature", when you see him for real, he is really relaxed in my opinion. :flowers: It's getting better all the time, he's gathering experience and finding his role.

I was thinking, maybe it's a cultural thing to see this thing. LadyGabrielle is from the USA, and having friends from there I can say that in their view Europeans (or rather Scandinavians) often look a bit uncomfortable in situations. :)

Last edited:
Yes you are probably right. The U.S. is very different in the way people act or react for that matter. I suppose I need to take that into consideration. Thanks for reminding me.:flowers:

I guess that has to do with the fact that he doesn't speak French, so couldn't react spontaneously when someone addressed him. And that surely makes for an uncomfortable feeling, especially as many French people don't bother to try to pronounce English in a way that other non-native speaker can understand them, so switching to English was surely no alternative here for Daniel.

Thanks everyone for all the photos, and for your translations. This is the only place I can come to get such news (and know that it is all accurate).

Especially thanks to Jenn for sharing your personal pictures. That must have been exciting!

I don't get on here too much so I'm catching up on all these trips in one day. :)

The matching outfits/colors thing is cute, but it could get to be too much. Love CPV in blue! And I'm seriously jealous of that gorgeous handbag (black one with the quilting). Is that Chanel? (NOT a fashionista, lol!)

That jewelry site...WOW! Those earrings DO look like they might have come from that collection. Nice. Us ordinary mortals never even see stuff like that. ;)

Photos from the official website of the president of Finland:
Suomen tasavallan presidentti: Kuvat Ruotsin kruununprinsessan ja prinssin vierailu

Photos from the visit to the high school:
Ruotsin kruununprinsessa Victoria ja prinssi Daniel Tiirismaan lukiossa 1.11.2010 - Tiirismaan lukio

And some more photos:
Savon Sanomat
Savon Sanomat
Keskisuomalainen
Keskisuomalainen
Keskisuomalainen
Keskisuomalainen
Suomen Kuvalehti
Suomen Kuvalehti
Suomen Kuvalehti

Victoria and Daniel flew from Helsinki to Kittilä in northern Finland.
MTV
They stayed in Kittilä for 15 minutes and continued to Sweden to their visit in Norrbotten by bus.
Kittilälehti
Lapin Kansa

Last edited:
LadyFinn - thanks for the links with beautiful pics of the royal couple in Finnland!
From Shanghai, Västergötland and Norrbotten, too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great picture and video's LadyFinn did you take/shoot them yourself?

Back
Top Bottom