Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar News Part 1: June 2016 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Thank you, LadyFinn! :flowers: They are beautiful, summery photos.

Last edited:
Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! Adore little Oscar!!!

Estelle is so grown! :flowers: So much taller than her brother now. Lovely pictures. Wish they were larger.

Click "högupplöst format" for big HQ photos.

Yes, you should know that by now, Lady Nimue ;)

Anyways, the photos are nice enough but I will never understand the fascination with this family. Not my cup of tea, at all. I don't see the fire and I want to see fire, a spark. This lacks and I suppose I concede defeat. Good luck and goodbye, au revoir. I am departing from Scandinavia.

What lovely new photos of the Prince and Princess ,they're both shooting up!

Wonderful and cute new photos of the sibblings! And such a lovely and special scenery!

You can already imagine Estelle at the age of 8-12 if you look at these shots, she's undoubtedly a big (and caring) sister.

These kids are so cute and so happy. Oscar's facial expressions are so funny and honest. As if he's thinking, "What is going on?"

Estelle and Oscar are both adorable children, a pure joy to look at them.

One photo at court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVofXuSnazb/?taken-by=kungahuset
And two of them at court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/posts/1474822135910027

Nya bilderna på prinsessan Estelle och prins Oscar på Haga _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Se nya sommarbilderna på Estelle och Oscar _ Svensk Damtidning
New Photos of Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar of Sweden
Estelle & Oscar von Schweden_ Foto-Shooting im Schloss! So sahen wir die Geschwister noch nie _ BUNTE.de

Estelle wears a white summer dress from H & M on the pictures. According to brand expert Anna-Karin Lingham, that dress can be selling really well.
- I would guess. I can imagine that it will boost their sales of that garment. These kids wear clothes from different brands, both Swedish and international, so whatever they wear, it will quite certainly affect the interest of that brand, she says.
Since princess Estelle and Prince Oscar are public figures, and popular among the Swedish people, it is positive for brands to be linked with them, says Anna-Karin Lingham.
- Generally as to how brands are exposed, if a known person wears something, it usually affects sales - and especially if it is a person that people like.
The brand expert believes that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are good role models - they are aware, among other things, of environmental and sustainability issues. According to the court, the royal family want to wear clothes of durable materials - and princess Estelle sometimes wears clothes which mother Victoria used as a child.
Lingham believes that the way the Crown princess and Prince Daniel choose to dress their children may be of importance to other parents of small children.
- I think the parents who can associate their own thinking and own values ​​to which the Crown Princess family represents, it can definitely matter to them, says Lingham.
Prinsessan Estelles sommarklänning – bär svenska märket HM _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
The photos of Estelle and Oscar are breathtaking - and a nice surprise too. They are such beautiful children and I love the bond they have!

Yes, you should know that by now, Lady Nimue ;)

Anyways, the photos are nice enough but I will never understand the fascination with this family. Not my cup of tea, at all. I don't see the fire and I want to see fire, a spark. This lacks and I suppose I concede defeat. Good luck and goodbye, au revoir. I am departing from Scandinavia.

From a posting I read on the Sweden National Day thread, seems the Swedish Royal Court doesn’t want the others to overshadow them, so it looks like they’re the only family we’ll see often.

The court will publish a photo of Carl Philip's and Sofia's new child after the child has been born, and probably photos of the family a little later, like they did when Nicolas was born.

SVT (Sveriges Television) tells at their news article about the midsummer photos, that the future crown princess Estelle seems to be very fond of her little brother and that the photos seem to have been taken a few weeks ago. SVT tells also that Estelle is the duchess of Östergötland and second in the line of succession, becoming the crown princess on the day her mother Victoria takes over the throne. And that Oscar is the duke of Skåne and third in the line of succession, after his sister, and before his uncle Carl Philip.
Se kronprinsessbarnens midsommarhälsning till Sverige _ SVT Nyheter

From a posting I read on the Sweden National Day thread, seems the Swedish Royal Court doesn’t want the others to overshadow them, so it looks like they’re the only family we’ll see often.

Did you miss the birthday photos of Nicolas a week ago? His sisters? Alex birthday photos? Heck when Alex was born we hit a whole photo shoot, we got two pictures taken by Daniel of Oscar. Madeleine releases plenty.

The poster that you were responding to wasn't talking about the other kids. They find the Cp couple boring.

It's not about not getting photos. It's that the younger cousins won't be dragged out to official events till older. Which is no different then how younger grandkids are treated in any other monarchy. Don't see any complaints Mia was not on the balcony at Trooping.

The new photos are adorable. Estelle is such a cutie. She obviously adores her little brother.

Svensk Damtidning tells at their newest issue that Estelle has started at a golf school. She trains her swing and putts at a golf club a little outside Stockholm with other children. Daniel doesn't want his daughter to get some kind of special treatment, Estelle is just like any other child at a group of five and six year olds.
No photos at the article.
Expressen told already last year that Estelle trained golf at Ekerum golf course with Daniel.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning tells at their newest issue that Estelle has started at a golf school. She trains her swing and putts at a golf club a little outside Stockholm with other children. Daniel doesn't want his daughter to get some kind of special treatment, Estelle is just like any other child at a group of five and six year olds.
No photos at the article.
Expressen told already last year that Estelle trained golf at Ekerum golf course with Daniel.

I love that about Daniel and Vic. First dance and now golf. It is great she is out doing things with other little kids. :flowers:

Takes more then the odd trip to a restaurant of amusement park to give kids some sense of normal life. I love when we see young royals involved in after school programs, or doing school events and such with classmates.

I like even more we don't see only hear. No pics of Estelle dancing or swinging a club.

Aw, that's cute to hear. It's nice that Estelle is doing activities where she can meet children of members of the public who are her own age/a similar age to her. IIRC she takes ballet lessons as well.

35 moments with Estelle
From Hänt: Princess Estelle is really the royal family's little star. Despite of her age, she has become a real royal pro.
Princess Estelle is just five years old, yet she has a great habit of conducting in all kinds of contexts. As soon as the princess accompanies her mom and dad, she charms everything and everyone. In addition, she always bids a big smile when the cameras are flashing. Here are 35 unforgettable moments with Estelle:
Stort bildspel_ 35 ögonblick med prinsessan Estelle _ Hänt.se

When the readers of Metro got to vote about the new name of the next MTR Express train, it became Estelle. That the readers had princess Estelle in mind is quite obvious. The name Estelle got 27% of the votes, second place came Carola, which of course reminds us of the popular singer.
As soon as the christening ceremony will take place, a little further this autumn at Stockholm Central Station, the Crown Princess couple's little daughter will have a train called after her, not bad!
The train will go between Stockholm and Gothenburg.
Tåget Estelle snart på banan _ Svensk Damtidning

The County Administrative Board of Skåne told on 30th June at a press release, that the construction of Oscar's christening present, The Prince Oscar's Nature Playground, will start in the spring 2018, not this year.
Söderåsen National Park will establish a waterway for fish to pass the dam at Skäralid. For that reason, the construction of Prince Oscar's Nature Playground is moved forward with a year.
- There are two major construction work that affect each other. It becomes more rational to coordinate the construction projects on a timely basis. In addition, we can incorporate the new brook into the Nature Playground and create a part with water, says Jesper Witzell, head of Söderåsen National Park.
Arbetet med naturlek i Söderåsen startar 2018 - Länsstyrelsen Skåne
Translation

When Estelle was born, she got as a christening present a Fairytale Path in Tåkern which she inaugurated in 2014. But she got also a park named after her to Linköping. At the park was a wooden swan sculpture, a bigger version of the swan with which Estelle swang at the inauguration of her Fairytale Path.
Last weekend the wooden swan was vandalized. Now the municipality has been in place and viewed the damages.
- We will pick up the parts and make a police report of damage, says Reidar Danielsson, Environmental Manager at Linköping Municipality.
If the swan will be rebuilt again, it remains to be seen, first the municipality must talk to the artist who created it.
- But I think that it will be rebuilt, says Reidar Danielsson.
Prinsessans svan vandaliserad
Prinsessan Estelles svan i Linköping vandaliserad _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoppa pressarna's article:
Victoria has made her decision, now Oscar starts preschool. In the summer Victoria has been able to spend a lot of time with Daniel and Estelle and Oscar.
The Crown Princess couple knows that their children face a number of challenges as royal children. But the parents have a special plan for their little darlings.
- Victoria and Daniel want their children to have as normal upbringing as possible. They are so modern and really as any other family. The fact that Daniel has his roots in simple Ockelbo has of course broadened Victoria's view of how the children are to be raised, tells a friend of the family.
Stoppa pressarna has previously reported on how Daniel and Estelle went to the metro.
- Daniel doesn't like at all the idea that the children should live isolated in Haga Palace. They will go out and see how the real life works and meet ordinary, if you now say so, people.
Victorias nya beslut om sonen _ Stoppa Pressarna

The royal court has updated Estelle's and Oscar's pages at their website
HRH Princess Estelle - Sveriges Kungahus
Biography - Sveriges Kungahus
HRH Prince Oscar - Sveriges Kungahus
Biography - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely two peas, there is no doubt they are sister and brother. So cute :flowers:

The wooden swan (a bigger version of the swan with which Estelle swang at the inauguration of her Fairytale Path) at Princess Estelle's Park in Linköping was vandalized totally in the end of July. The swan has now.been repaired and back in the park.
- It feels good that the swan is again in place now that Östergötland is soon visited by the princess's mother, Crown Princess Victoria, says Carl Eriksson, senior engineer at the City Environment Office.
The repair has been done in consultation with the artist.
Prinsessan Estelles svan åter på plats - Linköpings kommun

Last edited:
The wooden swan (a bigger version of the swan with which Estelle swang at the inauguration of her Fairytale Path) at Princess Estelle's Park in Linköping was vandalized totally in the end of July. The swan has now.been repaired and back in the park.
- It feels good that the swan is again in place now that Östergötland is soon visited by the princess's mother, Crown Princess Victoria, says Carl Eriksson, senior engineer at the City Environment Office.
The repair has been done in consultation with the artist.
Prinsessan Estelles svan åter på plats - Linköpings kommun
:previous:That is sad that the swan was vandalised. I have no idea why people think it's a good idea - shows utter disrespect.

I am glad it has been replaced.

:previous: Yes, it's sad to hear. I don't understand what motivates some to go and trash something of someone else's, and it must have been a real blow for the artist who designed it to see their hard work destroyed. That wouldn't mean much to the kind of thugs who vandalise, unfortunately.

Unfortunately with some vandals its all about fun, or making a name, or both. Destroying something so public is definitely a way of making the news. Really sad that something so beautiful and for kids was destroyed.:sad:

Basically what it boils down to is that those that do not have respect for other people and things that mean something to them, for the most part, don't have much respect for themselves.

Things can be replaced and rebuilit but unfortunately unless those that caused the vandalism are caught and brought to justice, lessons won't be learned.

Basically what it boils down to is that those that do not have respect for other people and things that mean something to them, for the most part, don't have much respect for themselves.

Things can be replaced and rebuilit but unfortunately unless those that caused the vandalism are caught and brought to justice, lessons won't be learned.

Unfortunately you're right Osipi. At least the swan can be replaced ready in time for CP Victoria's visit.

Princess Birgitta has given a large interview to Svensk Damtidning. In the interview she tells also how she met Oscar for the first time and got a great contact with Estelle, when she spent time in Sweden in connection of Victoria's 40th birthday.
- Estelle is so cute and so much like Victoria. When I was leaving Estelle run out and threw herself into my arms. It was wonderful.

A video where Birgitta tells about Estelle to Svensk Damtidning's reporter Anna von Koch, who says: "Princess Estelle was very cute, you told previously". Birgitta says: "Yes, she is very cute. She has inherited her mother's emotions and kindness. She was very sweet."
Prinsessan Birgitta om likheterna mellan Victoria och Estelle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom