Old 02-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Majesty

here are some of the businesses he has
its in swedish
Westling, Olof Daniel

Old 03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Courtier

There are "gyms" and there are "gyms"
I belong to a huge gym - the dues are low and there are lots of machines and classes for working out - if I wish to have one-on-one instruction with a trainer, I pay extra for that - and it is not cheap!
In my town there are gyms for the wealthy where you always work exclusively with a personal trainer who puts you through your work-out. This is expensive.
Gyms can be real cash cows and really rake in the money. It is a true business and takes some brain power to run successfully - just like ay other business.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Nobility

Gyms are well worth it though. Exercise and the maintaining of one's health and beauty is well rewarding. People try to find ways of staying young and there really is no better way of rejuvenating the body but through diet and some exercise. Then a person involves qualities that make one stronger and physically sound. I've heard of so many attributes to working out and they seem to be consistent as far as I can tell. It really is nice to tone and build muscle and look more attractive. Exercise also relieves stress and somehow brightens the brain. Sometimes I think it is the Creator's intent to see us use our bodies to gain an understanding of what it is to be perfect and Godly. I admire Daniel's dedication to bringing to the public something that is so important and rewarding to our way of life. Working out truly is inspiring.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Nobility

Penny - What a refreshing outlook on the benefits of exercise!
Old 08-22-2018, 01:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Di Dagens Industri, Daniel sells gym chain Balance with joint owners, Academic Work founders Johan Skarborg and Jeremias Andersson and CEO Anders Svensson. Balance has three facilities in Stockholm and has been struggling with weak profitability. Buyer is Sats, which reached a new record turnover last year.
Balance was started in 2006 by Daniel Westling and the prince is still the main owner, but has not been active in the company since marrying Crown Princess Victoria in 2010.
The gym chain has a book value of SEK 12.8 million, but in company's annual report it says that "external stakeholders have bid for shares in the subsidiary which exceed their book value".
Daniel is also a joint owner in Master Training, a training facility at Östermalm in Stockholm. Master Training had a turnover of SEK 21.6 million last year and made a business profit of SEK 3.3 million. The three shareholders got SEK 3 million in dividends this year.
- It's two of my absolute best friends who run Master Training so it's clear they tell you how it goes. But I'm 'sleeping partner' and I'm very careful to have a big distance to the business, prince Daniel told to Di.
Prins Daniel säljer sin gymkedja till Sats

SATS Swedish operations have acquired all shares in the training company Balance, which has three training facilities in Stockholm. The acquisition strengthens SATS's position in the training industry's premium segments and is part of SATS's work to further develop services such as personal training and member services.
SATS has long driven the development of the training industry in Sweden and is a well-established player in the country's metropolitan regions. Over the years, SATS has grown steadily both organically and through acquisitions. Now, SATS acquires Balance, whose brand is strongly associated with personal training and member service within the premium segment.
Balance's three training facilities are available today in Stockholm city, Solna and in Näsby Park in Täby. During the autumn, the change of ownership will cause the facilities in Solna and Täby to rename SATS while the city facility initially retains the name Balance.
Balance currently has a turnover close to 50 MSEK, has 120 employees and approximately 7 000 members.
- We see SATS as a new owner of Balance as a quality stamp on our concept. SATS has all the necessary conditions to further develop and broaden Balance's offer and concept, says Anders Svensson, CEO of Balance.
SATS fortsätter att växa - förvärvar träningsföretaget Balance - SATS

So Daniel is still keeping his ownership in Master Training, where he met Victoria. His friends Patrik Vrbanc and Lars Hellström run Master Training.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Royalty View Post
Gyms are well worth it though. Exercise and the maintaining of one's health and beauty is well rewarding. People try to find ways of staying young and there really is no better way of rejuvenating the body but through diet and some exercise. Then a person involves qualities that make one stronger and physically sound. I've heard of so many attributes to working out and they seem to be consistent as far as I can tell. It really is nice to tone and build muscle and look more attractive. Exercise also relieves stress and somehow brightens the brain. Sometimes I think it is the Creator's intent to see us use our bodies to gain an understanding of what it is to be perfect and Godly. I admire Daniel's dedication to bringing to the public something that is so important and rewarding to our way of life. Working out truly is inspiring.
If I recall correctly, Princess Madeleine introduced Victoria to the gym so she could get healthier and fitter as she was fighting to conquer her Anorexia. The attributes that a healthy lifesize, provides could not have been more important to Victoria and that one of the owners would be her Personal Trainer is a no-brainer.

Daniel and Victoria could never have believed the outcome of that somewhat inconsequential introduction, but it is my belief that their working relationship inspired Victoria to be the best she could while working with someone she liked, trusted and was qualified she blossomed, gained weight, got fit, fell in love and gained an unmeasurable confidence in herself.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Daniel sold at the right time - got nine million
Timing is everything in business, Daniel made his move at just the right time in the late summer of 2019 when his partly owned company Lapada sold half of its holding in the exclusive gym Master Training AB.
Six months later, the coronavirus swept the world and the gym is one of the industries hardest hit.
- If you had known what was coming, you might think that this was a good timing, says Jan Lindman, the court's finance director.
A rule for those who want to succeed in business is not to let emotions control the choices.
Still, the sale of Master Training must have felt a little in Daniel's heart. It was at the company's premises that he met his future wife and became part of the royal family. This year it has been 20 years since Victoria first appeared at the exclusive Master Training gym in Stockholm.
Daniel continues to be involved in issues related to sports and health. He is honorary chairman of the board of the Heart-Lung Foundation. Physical activity is one of the best recipes for cardiovascular diseases.
- Prince Daniel is not only interested in public health. He is also very knowledgeable, says Jan Lindman.
Daniel's company Lapada AB owned just over 85% in Master Training before selling half of its holding in the late summer of 2019. Lindman says that there was no specific plan to liquidate the holding in the gym industry, rather it was the result of interacting factors.
- There were interesting investors who were long-term. On the one hand, they saw opportunities to make other investments.
Lindman says that after 20 years in the health club industry, it may be natural to broaden investment perspectives.
Daniel runs company Lapada AB with his friends Lars Hellström and Patrik Vrbanc. Lapada AB is focused on body care, the name comes from the first two letters of the owners' first names. Daniel owns 70% of the company through his wholly owned company Fornwij AB and his friends each own 15% through their companies.
In July 2019, Lapada owned 858 of 1,000 shares in Master Training AB. Two months later, it owned only 430 shares. Half of the holding had been sold. The price tag is unknown. The Board of Directors of Lapada AB proposed a dividend of SEK 12.5 million to the shareholders, meaning that SEK 8,750,000 would end up in Daniel's company Fornwij AB.
Prins Daniel gjorde stor vinst när han sålde Master Training
Translation

Daniel thus continues to make big money in his private companies. However, he does not sit on the boards of the companies, instead his friends are board members in Lapada AB and in Fornwij AB there are board members from the court, including Jan Lindman and the king's lawyer Axel Calissendorff.
Prins Daniels hemliga mångmiljonklipp _ Stoppa Pressarna

Tags
daniel westling, gym