Prince Daniel, Current Events Part 3: August 2018-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The court updated photos from Wednesday to its Instagram
On Wednesday, Prince Daniel and his great entrepreneurial delegation from the @prinsdanielsfellowship continued in Singapore.
During the morning, the delegation was received at Southeast Asia's largest bank, @dbsbank, where the CEO held a speech, including on digitization in the banking sector.
Then Temasek was visited, founded in 1974, which is a state-owned Singaporean international investment company. In place, parts of the Swedish delegation were given the opportunity to "pitch". Others presented Sweden's start-up ecosystem for the representatives from Temasek.
During the afternoon, the Prince and the delegation were also welcomed at @grab_sg. The company operates a popular mobile phone application that offers service in transport, food, telephone payments and other payment solutions for millions of Southeast Asian people.
The visit to Singapore was then concluded with a Question Time at the Singapore Economic Development Board,
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxy4pDXo82V/
In connection with a brief visit to Singapore's Botanical Garden, Prince Daniel met with representatives from the Singapore Health Promotion Board.
The conversation focused on the programs and measures that exist to get young Singaporeans to live an active and healthy life.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxy6VHMofAe/
Yesterday, Prince Daniel was received by Singapore's president @halimahyacob.
During the conversation, the Prince informed, among other things, that the delegation from @prinsdanielsfellowship visits the country to gain an insight into the Singaporean business climate with a focus on start-up companies and innovation.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxy7ZYXoDun/

The press in Singapore published Daniel's interview
Singapore ideal for Nordic start-ups: Swedish prince
Prince Daniel, 45, told The Straits Times in an exclusive interview on Tuesday: "Singapore is an interesting market. The economic development in modern times has been very quick.
"Sweden and Singapore are also both ranked highly in the world when it comes to innovation. I find Singapore an inspiring place."
Prince Daniel was in town with a delegation of 46 entrepreneurs who are members of the Prince Daniel's Fellowship, a foundation that is part of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences in Stockholm.
The Fellowship was launched in 2013 to bring together young entrepreneurs who are mentored by Swedish company founders and business leaders. It has visited around 80 schools and universities in Sweden, reaching out to around 20,000 students.
"I ran my own business for about 15 years," he said. "My entrepreneurial soul now just wants to inspire others."
Singapore ideal for Nordic start-ups_ Swedish prince _ SGSME.SG

Ambassador Niklas Kvarnström at his Twitter, with photos
HRH Prince Daniel of #Sweden also had time for #sustainability and #health activities in #Singapore : planting a rare species tree for #biodiversity in the garden of my Residence with @nparksbuzz + meeting with @HPBsg in #BotanicGardens on #prevention of disease through #exercise
Thank you to all 46 #entrepreneurs of @IVA1919 and to the leaders of @Temasek @dbsbank @GrabSG @edb for hosting us & to speakers Nick Nash of AsiaPartners, @enckelli of @antler & Magnus Ekbom of @LazadaSG - all outstanding on #innovation & #Asia for HRH Prince Daniel fellowship!

From Tuesday
Our lovely Prince Daniel led the Swedish business delegation in Singapore and we welcomed him at the Swedish residence. He mentioned that Sweden is very happy to have innovative small business people like Talentum EQ Consulting to bring new ideas and give a good name for Sweden.
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=prince sweden&src=typd
Thank you to @SwedeninSG and @nkvarnstrom for inviting and to @nihsingapore for organising a great event. An honour to meet HRH Prince Daniel and very exciting to see so many entrepreneurs from the #Nordics in Singapore!

Last edited:
Daniel loves to tell little stories at his speeches. In his speech at the Swedish Embassy on Tuesday evening he said:
"Before this journey to Singapore I went to the library at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
In the library I found a photo album with pictures from Prince Bertil’s official visit to this country in 1975.
The late Prince, who was His Majesty The King’s uncle, came here to strengthen Swedish-Singaporean ties.
Looking in that photo album I also realized that a certain Mr Peter Wallenberg travelled with Prince Bertil.
With me today there’s another member of the Wallenberg family present, his nephew: Marcus Wallenberg – a very important person for Sweden and head of the board of our Fellowship. I believe this shows the long commitment Sweden has had to this country."
And he ended his speech:
"This is, what lays the foundation for future cooperation. And perhaps a new photo album at the palace; hopefully a digital one."
The whole speech
H.K.H. Prins Daniels tal vid Sveriges ambassadörs mottagning med anledning av besöket av Prins Daniels Fellowship,*residenset i Singapore, tisdagen den 21 maj 2019 - Sveriges Kungahus

Prince Daniel's Fellowship at its Instagram
"What a journey! For a couple of intense days, we have gained insight into the Singaporean business climate with a focus on start-ups and innovation.
Visits have been made on @grab_sg, @ntu_sg, @nordicinnovationhousesg, @antlerglobal @dbsbank, Port of Singapore, Temasek, Singapore Economic Development Board, etc.
We have also had interesting discussions about entrepreneurship and innovation with, among others. Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Singapore's senior minister and coordinating minister of social policies.
Many thanks to all the entrepreneurs and business leaders who participated in the trip!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxy-nalCMmj/

I hope that Prince Daniel's Fellowship updates photos also to their Flickr account.

Embassy of Sweden in Singapore posted photos to its Facebook (I post only some of them, because part of them we have already seen)
Visit to Singapore by HRH Prince Daniel and delegation from Prince Daniel’s Fellowship
This week, we have had the great pleasure of welcoming HRH Prince Daniel and a delegation from Prince Daniel’s Fellowship to Singapore. The project is a long-term cooperation between Prince Daniel and the Royal Science Academy (IVA), aiming to inspire young people to become entrepreneurs and to support ambitious young entrepreneurs through mentoring. The visiting delegation comprised of 48 senior and young entrepreneurs, business leaders and bank representatives from the mentorship program.
The aim of the visit was to study the Singaporean business climate with a focus on start-up companies and innovation. During their visit, the delegation met with representatives from GRAB – Southeast Asia’s ride-hailing company, Temasek, DBS Bank, Health Promotion Board and Singapore Economic Development Board.
The delegation also visited PSA Singapore – one of the world’s busiest ports, and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), where the delegation was introduced to the university’s work on innovation and entrepreneurship, followed by a tour of some of the research centers on campus.
The delegation also had the great opportunity to listen to an insightful conversation between Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for Social Policies, and Marcus Wallenberg, Chairman of IVA, on how to engender a culture conducive to spurring innovation and entrepreneurship .
The discussion was followed by an event hosted by Nordic Innovation House, where a panel of Nordic entrepreneurs based in Singapore shared their business experiences from Singapore and Southeast Asia. The visit also included a reception at the Swedish residence, hosted by Ambassador Niclas Kvarnström.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=353b4e9cf7698144e4aa8f1bbfc919ee&oe=5D57D5BC
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=0123fcb7d5ed3e99001971bc72ced9f8&oe=5D9DA68C
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8505211b71b15f4c4a9dbc86ec5c111f&oe=5D948D27
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8f240232ec5c3d1abce813833b35746c&oe=5D9778E3
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=605c8b736f8d605ddb89396793d70066&oe=5D5CE5CB

Jessica Löfström is one of the inspirers/entrepreneurs at Prince Daniel's Fellowship. She writes at her Twitter
"In Prince Daniel Fellowship, we inspire young and new entrepreneurs to dare. The days in Singapore I was hyper-inspired by all the fantastic entrepreneurs, people and companies we met. Humble and warmest thanks to @IVA1919, Prince Daniel and Marcus Wallenberg"

Last edited:
Press release from the court

Prince Daniel receives Prince Constantijn for an entrepreneurial visit in Stockholm
On May 27-28, Prince Daniel receives Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands for a visit to Stockholm on the theme of entrepreneurship.
Their Royal Highnesses are both focused on entrepreneurship and business enterprise in their respective home countries. In the Netherlands, Prince Constantijn is a special envoy for StartupDelta, an organization for the promotion of startup business. In Sweden, Prince Daniel and The Royal Academy of Engineering has initiated the Prince Daniel's Fellowship to inspire young people into entrepreneurship and support young entrepreneurs.
Prince Daniel was invited to the Netherlands in 2018 for a visit to the entrepreneurial theme and has now invited Prince Constantijn for a similar visit to Sweden.

Extract from the program
Monday, May 27
Visit to Norrsken House
Norrsken House is a non-profit foundation that aims to support companies and organizations that are expected to have a positive impact on society. During the visit, the activities in Norrsken House will be presented. The princes will also meet some of the startup companies that are members of the house.

Tuesday, May 28
Visit to Epicenter
Epicenter is a so-called innovation house for digital companies. Epicenter is also available in Amsterdam and was visited by Prince Daniel and Prince Constantijn in connection with the visit in the Netherlands. During the visit to Epicenter in Stockholm, the princes are expected to attend a round table discussions and a subsequent seminar.
Visits to Hyper Island
Hyper Island is a Swedish education company, a business-adapted university of applied sciences, specializing in digital and interactive media. During the visit, the school's work will be presented and the princes are expected to participate in a conversation.
Prins Daniel tar emot Prins Constantijn för entreprenörskapsbesök i Stockholm - Sveriges Kungahus

Svensk Damtidning tells about Daniel and Constantijn's day yesterday.
They visited Norrsken House, there are 300 entrepreneurs at the House, which is run by Niklas Adalbert's Norrsken Foundation. Constantijn made many questions during the visit. Then Daniel and Constantijn had working lunch at Spotify at Gallerian House, where Martin Lorentzon hosted them. After lunch Daniel and Constantijn went to Company EQT.

Information Officer Johan Tegel from the court tells that Victoria and Daniel hosted a private dinner for Constantijn in the evening at Haga Palace when Victoria had come home from the delivery of the ALMA Award. Tegel told also that Constantijn is staying at Haga Palace during his visit to Stockholm.

Today Daniel and Constantijn visit Northzone, Epicenter and Hyper Island.
Victorias och Daniels privata middag på Haga igår kväll _ Svensk Damtidning

At Epicenter today
Nice to have Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands and Prince Daniel of Sweden swing by @EpicenterSthlm today. Both really nice guys with a genuine passion for technology and business.

Last edited:
Article at court website:
Prince Daniel hosted Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
On May 27-28, Prince Daniel welcomed Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands for a visit to Stockholm on the theme of entrepreneurship.
Norrsken House
During Monday, the Princes visited Norrsken House, a non-profit foundation, which aims to support companies and organizations that are expected to have a positive impact on society. During the visit, Niklas Adalberth, Erik Engellau-Nilsson and Maria Björholt presented the business in Norrsken House. The princes also met some of the startup companies that are members of the house.
Spotify and EQT
During the afternoon, the delegation then went to Spotify where Martin Lorentzon told about the company's activities.
The day ended on EQT Ventures where Hjalmar Winbladh, Anton Ask Åström and Ashley Lundström discussed similarities and differences for startup companies in the Netherlands and Sweden.
Northzone and Epicenter
Tuesday began with a visit to the venture capital company Northzone, where the delegation together with Jessica Schultz, Pär-Jörgen Pärsson and Michiel Kotting discussed how in Sweden has been built one of the leading startup ecosystems in the world. Finally, the companies NA-KD, Anyfin, Kitab Sawati and Matsmart - which Northzone invested in - presented their respective products.
At Epicenter, an innovation house for digital companies, the princes were then received by Patrick Mesterson. The delegation was given a tour of the house and had the opportunity to meet several of the members. After a work lunch, a seminar followed on digital opportunities for Swedish and Dutch companies.
Hyper Island
The day, and the visit, ended on Tuesday afternoon on Hyper Island. Hyper Island is a Swedish education company, a business-adapted university of applied sciences, specializing in digital and interactive media. During the visit, the school's work was presented by Sofia Wingren and Christina Andersson.
Prins Daniel tog emot Prins Constantijn av Nederländerna - Sveriges Kungahus

Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByBGj5ioGAl/

So happy and proud to have both Prince Daniel and Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands at Epicenter today!
Great & important discussion on how to drive digital innovation and growth.

Awesome to have Prince Daniel and Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands visit </salt> today and see how we help solve the developer crisis in tech!
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByAZx5fCv0p/

In November we were introducing Epicenters Academy to her majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden, today after several months we had a chance to introduce Fighters Spirit (workout within your workspace) to Prince Daniel of Sweden and Prince Constantijn of Netherlands.
Tried getting into ring with us but didn't have their trainings suits... So we took a raincheck on that.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByASKCLiNKj/

Honoured to meet with the Swedish Prince Daniel today and tell him about the amazing work we do at @KitabSawti! I hope he will learn Arabic and try it :) Thanks to @northzonevc!

Swedish Press Agency
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=7eca55759c5bb2249affb3266493f0a6&oe=5D8E9817
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3828f82fc1d76589f13cec733096997f&oe=5D5966ED
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d27e8f533bf94299952e2ed1647e128b&oe=5D59242F

Last edited:
10 years from Prince Daniel's kidney transplant - and tomorrow he is back in the hospital
Exactly 10 years have passed since Prince Daniel got a new kidney from his father, a transplant that saved his life. And tomorrow he is back at Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge, among other things to put focus on the important issue of organ donors.
It was Wednesday 27 May 2009 that the news that Prince Daniel had undergone a kidney transplant struck down as a perfect bomb. The hours before he had received a new kidney and the donor was his own father Olle Westling.
Now it has gone exactly ten years since Prince Daniel's kidney transplant and tomorrow he is back at Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge, the place where he got a new healthier life thanks to the skilled transplant surgeons, and thanks to his father. An assignment that of course raises many memories, and perhaps also offers meetings with the doctors who saved his life.
- Today 600 people are queuing for a new kidney. Ten years ago, there was only the possibility of getting a new kidney from a deceased person or a family member. Today with a new legislation and the so-called STEP program, it is possible to get a kidney from a living person who is not a family member, writes Karolinska University Hospital in a press release.
10 år sedan prins Daniels njurtransplantation – och i morgon är han tillbaka på sjukhuset _ Svensk Damtidning

Constantijn and Daniel could be brothers. They are in some points look-a-likes.

Prince Daniel visiting patients and doctors at the transplant surgery clinic at the Karolinska University Hospital today, May 29:

** belga gallery **

Svensk Damtidning got an interview from Daniel, when he visited the transplant surgely clinic at Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge today.

"I got my life back, it won't be nicer than that!"

For Prince Daniel, every visit to Huddinge Hospital becomes a reminder of that May day 2009 when he himself received a new kidney. But also an opportunity to raise the vital issue of organ donors.
Gratitude. Hope. And seriousness. Those are the words for the day.
Prince Daniel has spent this afternoon at the transplant surgery clinic at Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge. It is 10 years since he himself got a new kidney from his father and now he met, among other things, senior physician Lars Wennberg who was in the team that time. But also several patients who have gone through the same thing as himself.
What thoughts it gives to the prince to be back here in the hospital again after these years
- Yes it is a good question ... There are a lot of thoughts that are raised. I feel a great gratitude. And I am reminded again of what a luck I have had. And what life-changing thing this is about donations. It is the finest you can give. Giving someone back to life, it doesn't get any better than that. With a little distance you see the greatness of what it means.
- It is a bit devilish with kidney disease, that it sneaks on one. You don't think about it. But since when you get a new body it is like you are 20 years younger, it is absolutely incredible.
- I was very ill during a very short period. There are those who go on dialysis for several years and suffer, and even die, so I have had a great luck.
- It has been ten fantastic years since the donation and I don't think about it every day, but very often. And I am incredibly grateful to my dad and to the health care system that has come so far and does this so well.
- Now I share something special with dad, yes even with my mother, she was here with the hospital and was very worried about her husband and son going through such a thing and how would it end. So I think we may have become even more tight as a family.
Does the prince have any request to the Swedish people, regarding the question of donation?
- You have to ask the question: am I willing to receive an organ, yes then the answer must be easy, then you have to be willing to give as well. And then one must clearly tell their loved ones that one wants it, in the event that one should got to an accident or so. Or that you enter and sign in the donation register, because then you know.
Raises the vital question - 10 years after his own kidney change
There was a strong meeting between Prince Daniel and the sisters Cederloo: Camilla has donated her one kidney to Carolin.
- The will is good, 85 percent of the Swedish people want to donate, but only 15 percent have registered in the donation register. So there is a difference between what you want and what you do. I think it is very important that you take a stand. And as we have heard here today, you can save up to eight lives if you are willing to donate. So you should be!
- I met a couple from Belgium yesterday, and there you have to say actively if you don't want to donate. And it feels quite logical.
How are you feeling today?
- I'm feeling very well! And Dad too. And I travel and and am busy, so it's not 40 hours a week, I put myself under much stress and pretty hard work, and yet it works so well.
- Dad usually is kidding me and saying "I understand that you are brisk with that quality kidney". Yes we will see if I need one more I usually I say. One must be able to joke about it too!
Intervju med Daniel_ _Jag fick livet tillbaka, det blir inte finare än så!_ _ Svensk Damtidning

Charlotta Tillbom has donated a kidney to her son Alexander Rydgren
https://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:150656873:1800x650:w?v=5cee6c0a&m=picgggml

Last edited:
Karolinska University Hospital at its website
Prince Daniel on a royal time travel in Karolinska Huddinge
In 2009, HRH Prince Daniel received a kidney from his father at Karolinska Huddinge. Today, ten years later, he was back and met some of those who were involved in the operation. On Wednesday afternoon, HRH Prince Daniel also had the opportunity to meet some of the patients who recently performed similar operations at the hospital.
Prince Daniel attended a mini-symposium.
He also participated in a mini symposium on kidney transplants - partly from a historical perspective, and also an account of the kidney exchange program STEP, led by Lars Wennberg and the team at the transplantation department in Huddinge.
The team, which has taken the mathematician and professor Tommy Andersson to help create functional algorithms to succeed with the complicated formulas required to maximize the benefit in the switching chain with living donors, has during the first few years of the program made 13 kidney donations and 13 kidney transplants.
All patients, both donors and recipients, who so far have participated in the kidney exchange program STEP, are feeling well today.
The visit became a kind of time travel for the Prince who, among other things, visited the care room that was his during the time he was admitted to the hospital for his own kidney transplant ten years ago. Really emotional it was when he met nurse Ingela Dillström-Öberg, nurse Pia Malm and surgeon John Sandberg who participated during the operation.
https://www.karolinska.se/resizedim...-k_usk_ssk_kir_webb.jpg?preset=924-ratio-16x9
Prince Daniel ended the visit by urging the public to take a position on the issue of donating their bodies.
- If you are willing to receive an organ for yourself or close relatives, then I also think you should be willing to give. Then one must clearly say to their surroundings, their loved ones, that one wants to donate, in the event that one dies. Or signing up at the Donation Register. You can save up to eight lives using, for example, this kidney donation chain. So I think it's very important that you take a stand, Prince Daniel said before he warmly thanked the hospital staff.
Prins Daniel på kunglig tidsresa till Karolinska Huddinge - Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset

Now ten years later, Prince Daniel has returned to the same hospital to pay attention to transplant research. A meeting that was, to say the least, emotional.
- All the people who are there have all gone through the same emotions. Because the prince has done this ten years ago, it becomes very real and strong to him. He can familiarize himself with their feelings, says Margareta Thorgren from the court.
Prince Daniel, among other things, met the siblings at the clinic whom he met five years ago. During the day, Prince Daniel talked to them how the current situation looked, which became an emotional meeting.
- The main purpose of the prince's visit is that there is a great desire to donate. His dedication is great and he wants to highlight that question, says Margareta Thorgren.
Now it is also ten years since the prince went through his own transplant - how is the prince today?
- The prince is a living example of having a very good life afterwards. It's great to see how good he is feeling. He emphasizes several times that he is completely healthy and his joy about that the research is progressing, says Margareta Thorgren.
Hovet bekräftar_ 10 år efter njurtransplantationen – Prins Daniel åter på sjukhus

Swedish Press Agency
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f590726412696e1c9a776fdff456cc5a&oe=5D588299
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3b7914efefe095dbef24d2a034a9c67b&oe=5D5511DC
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=2b448a335b55601a3c173ca9546fc224&oe=5D5240AB

Gallery
ROYAL: Daniel besucht die Transplantationsklinik in Stockholm

Last edited:
Video of Daniel's visit to the hospital at court Youtube
On Wednesday, May 29, Prince Daniel visited the transplant surgery clinic at Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge.
The visit began with the Prince receiving a presentation about the hospital, kidney transplantation with living donors and the new kidney exchange program STEP.
The prince then visited the transplant department.
Prins Daniel besökte transplantationskirurgiska kliniken - Sveriges Kungahus

Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByFaRTRIUOV/

- I have had ten fantastic years and I am incredibly grateful, says Prince Daniel.
Prince Daniel, 45, has a congenital kidney disease and on May 27, 2009, he underwent a kidney transplant. It was his father Olle Westling, today 74, who gave him his kidney.
- My dad and I have always been close. But it is clear that this has affected, not just me and my dad, but also my mother who was worried. We both feel good today and I think this has made us become even more timely as a family, says the prince.
During the visit to Karolinska Huddinge, he met three people who had a new kidney. One of them, Carolin Cederloo, underwent a transplant for just under five years ago. Like the prince, she got her kidney from a family member, sister Camilla.
- We had a good relationship before, but it is so clear that it is something special. It feels like we have become even closer after the surgery, says Carolin.
During the brief meeting with Carolin and Camilla, they and the prince discussed how important it is for people to be willing to donate their bodies.
- I usually say you are willing to receive an organ, then you should be prepared to give one, says Prince Daniel.
The prince himself thinks he has had a tremendous trip with his illness. He felt he was ill for a short period. Many others say that the disease has crept in and it has gone to a certain limit. Then you have become very ill.
- I've had an incredible trip. But from one day to the other, it is as if you are given an injection and get excited. I have had ten fantastic years and I am incredibly grateful.
How has this affected life?
- It becomes routine, you take your medicine as you take your vitamins. But it is very important to take it, there are examples of them that are sloppy and think it works without medicine. But it doesn't, but this is for the rest of life, says the prince.
Prins Daniel besökte sjukhuset –*10 år efter operationen _ Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Karolinska University Hospital at its website
Prince Daniel on a royal time travel in Karolinska Huddinge
In 2009, HRH Prince Daniel received a kidney from his father at Karolinska Huddinge. Today, ten years later, he was back and met some of those who were involved in the operation. On Wednesday afternoon, HRH Prince Daniel also had the opportunity to meet some of the patients who recently performed similar operations at the hospital.
Prince Daniel attended a mini-symposium.
He also participated in a mini symposium on kidney transplants - partly from a historical perspective, and also an account of the kidney exchange program STEP, led by Lars Wennberg and the team at the transplantation department in Huddinge.
The team, which has taken the mathematician and professor Tommy Andersson to help create functional algorithms to succeed with the complicated formulas required to maximize the benefit in the switching chain with living donors, has during the first few years of the program made 13 kidney donations and 13 kidney transplants.
All patients, both donors and recipients, who so far have participated in the kidney exchange program STEP, are feeling well today.
The visit became a kind of time travel for the Prince who, among other things, visited the care room that was his during the time he was admitted to the hospital for his own kidney transplant ten years ago. Really emotional it was when he met nurse Ingela Dillström-Öberg, nurse Pia Malm and surgeon John Sandberg who participated during the operation.
https://www.karolinska.se/resizedim...-k_usk_ssk_kir_webb.jpg?preset=924-ratio-16x9
Prince Daniel ended the visit by urging the public to take a position on the issue of donating their bodies.
- If you are willing to receive an organ for yourself or close relatives, then I also think you should be willing to give. Then one must clearly say to their surroundings, their loved ones, that one wants to donate, in the event that one dies. Or signing up at the Donation Register. You can save up to eight lives using, for example, this kidney donation chain. So I think it's very important that you take a stand, Prince Daniel said before he warmly thanked the hospital staff.
Prins Daniel på kunglig tidsresa till Karolinska Huddinge - Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset

Now ten years later, Prince Daniel has returned to the same hospital to pay attention to transplant research. A meeting that was, to say the least, emotional.
- All the people who are there have all gone through the same emotions. Because the prince has done this ten years ago, it becomes very real and strong to him. He can familiarize himself with their feelings, says Margareta Thorgren from the court.
Prince Daniel, among other things, met the siblings at the clinic whom he met five years ago. During the day, Prince Daniel talked to them how the current situation looked, which became an emotional meeting.
- The main purpose of the prince's visit is that there is a great desire to donate. His dedication is great and he wants to highlight that question, says Margareta Thorgren.
Now it is also ten years since the prince went through his own transplant - how is the prince today?
- The prince is a living example of having a very good life afterwards. It's great to see how good he is feeling. He emphasizes several times that he is completely healthy and his joy about that the research is progressing, says Margareta Thorgren.
Hovet bekräftar_ 10 år efter njurtransplantationen – Prins Daniel åter på sjukhus

Swedish Press Agency
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f590726412696e1c9a776fdff456cc5a&oe=5D588299
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3b7914efefe095dbef24d2a034a9c67b&oe=5D5511DC
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=2b448a335b55601a3c173ca9546fc224&oe=5D5240AB

Gallery
ROYAL: Daniel besucht die Transplantationsklinik in Stockholm

Looking at how strong and valued a supporter of organ donation Prince Daniel has become, one wonders about the reasons why the family ten years ago fought so hard to conceal his condition.

Prince Daniel's Fellowship has published an article about the visit to Singapore at its website:
Entrepreneurial trip to Singapore
Together with a delegation of entrepreneurs and business leaders, Prince Daniel's Fellowship visited Singapore to gain insight into the Singaporean business climate with a focus on start-ups and innovation.
Entreprenörsresa till Singapore - Prins Daniels Fellowship
Translation

Prince Daniel's Fellowship published also an article about prince Constantijn's visit to Stockholm. Prince Daniel's Fellowship's project manager Jenny Nordlöw took part at the visits to the companies.
Swedish entrepreneurship was shown to prince Constantijn
For two days, Swedish entrepreneurship has been at the center when Prince Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands visited Stockholm.
Svenskt entreprenörskap visades upp för Prins Constantijn - Prins Daniels Fellowship
Translation

Prince Daniel's Fellowship Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByC6NXxi21B/

Daniel delivered today Heart-Lung Foundation's major research grant, SEK 15 million.

On Wednesday, June 5, Prince Daniel handed out the Heart-Lung Foundation's major research grant to lung researcher Associate Professor Åsa Wheelock from the Karolinska Institute. The event took place at Lorensbergsteatern in Gothenburg.
Since 2008, the Heart-Lung Foundation shares annually, an extra large research grant of SEK 15 million which is distributed over three years. The grant is given to groundbreaking Swedish cardiovascular research, which is considered to be of great importance to patients.
Since 2012, the grant is distributed by Prince Daniel, who is the honorary chairman of the Heart-Lung Foundation's board.
Prins Daniel delade ut Hjärt‑Lungfondens stora forsknings_anslag - Sveriges Kungahus

Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByVbNV4IIL_/

Gallery
Belga Image

Last edited:
Daniel attends on Friday 12th July "Move for Fun" at Ekerum Resort on Öland. Together with Ekerum, the Swedish Sports Confederation and Smålandsidrott, is organized a full day for children and adults filled with joy of movement. There is the opportunity to watch sports, try out various sports and be part of the sports environment. Activities for all ages at 11.00-16.00, free of charge, the children are offered snacks and giveaways.
Move for fun - Victoriadagarna på Öland 12-15 juli

Magnus Lagerlöf, ceo of Ekerum Resort Öland, says at Victoriadagarna Magazine:
- Prince Daniel will be in place, which is great. The royal family is very involved in sports and children's health.

"Move for Fun" is one event of Victoriadagarna 12-15 July.

Last edited:
Daniel attends today "Move for Fun" event at Ekerum Resort Öland. During the day children and even adults can try various sports.

Daniel met Niklas Larsson, Chair of the Executive Committee of Osby, he has often been in Solliden on Victoria's birthday.
"Just met Prince Daniel at Move for fun at Ekerum. The prince had just played padel. So very nice, we will see on Sunday he said".
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz0MdXeoGNq/

Gallery, Daniel tried different sports and the obstacle course
Belga Image

Last edited:
On Sunday the Crown Princess turns 42.
But celebrations have already begun, and Prince Daniel is in place on Öland for a sweaty warm-up before his love's birthday.
- I regret this, there was no dignity in that, says Prince Daniel jokingly about the activity.
On Friday, the event Move for fun took place, one of the official activities for Victoriadagarna. Together with the Ekerum Resort, Swedish Sports Confederation and Smålandsidrott, the day is arranged with the aim of getting children and adults to move. And it was certainly something that prince Daniel got to do.
- It was really fun! Felt that I was a little carried away and wanted to continue, says Prince Daniel after a tough game of padel.
Although Prince Daniel left his training clothes at home, he participated in both padel and basketball and obstacle course. But the activities do not seem to have become as calm as he might have expected.
- I regret this, there was no dignity in that, says Prince Daniel about the obstacle course and laughs.
Victoriadagarna 2019 firas inför kronprinsessans födelsedag

Se prins Daniel in action_ Jag fastnade i tunneln_ Svensk Damtidning

Gallery
ROYAL: Daniel beim Event "Move for fun" anlässlich der Victoriatage auf Öland

The court at its website
On Friday, July 12, Prince Daniel attended the Move for fun event at Ekerum Resort in Öland. Move for fun starts the Victoria Days on Öland.
The Prince was welcomed by sports consultant Therese Möllevi from Smålandsidrotten, Ekerum Resort's CEO Magnus Lagerlöf, and Secretary General of the Swedish Sports Confederation Stefan Bergh.
The prince was given the opportunity to see the various sports that visitors could try on such as slackline, floorball, padel, basketball, football, mountain biking and running obstacle course. The prince tried padel, basketball and obstacle course.
Move for fun is arranged by Victoriadagarna, the Swedish Sports Confederation, Smålandsidrotten and Ekerum Resort Öland. The event gives children, young people and adults the opportunity to try different activities on the theme of the joy of movement.
Prins Daniel deltog i Move for fun - Sveriges Kungahus

Court Facebook/Mattias Hellström SPA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=17586586b8c2d60afb29f526353d57b7&oe=5DBF94AB
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c64b358d09d43d28ce8638cce2fa4137&oe=5DA686E3
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b0167a35e15881ff2eae81e3ae130afc&oe=5DB83ABB

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz0huNJCia8/
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_S-0C5WsAAnQVQ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_S-0HQXsAAEgZz.jpg

Last edited:
Prince Daniel participates in famous television program
Prince Daniel knows from his own experience how incredibly important it is to highlight the issue of organ donation. He himself has had a kidney transplant and with that his life back. Prince Daniel participates now in a popular television program where he meets two people who have recently undergone the new kidney replacement program.
Prince Daniel is one of many Swedes who has been plagued by a severe kidney disease. Today he lives a normal life again thanks to his father's donation. Olle Westling is now a member of the board of the Kidney Association and Prince Daniel himself is clear with that more people should get involved in the issue and thinks that if you are prepared to receive an organ you must also be prepared to donate.
Prince Daniel will be participating in SVT and tell us about his kidney disease in the program Fråga doktorn (Ask the Doctor). On Monday, August 26 at 18.45, viewers will meet Prince Daniel, who is committed to organ donation, after his own experiences of illness and recovery.
Prins Daniel medverkar i känt tv-program! _ Svensk Damtidning

About Daniel at SVT's "Fråga doktorn" on 26th August.

This year it is ten years since Prince Daniel, 45, underwent a life-changing operation. Then he got a new kidney from his dad, Olle Westling. In 2009, Crown Princess Victoria, 42, and Prince Daniel got engaged. In pictures and in front of the TV cameras, only the couple's love happiness showed - but the truth was another.
Prince Daniel has a congenital kidney disease and during the year preceding the operation, the prince had become worse. In May 2009, a few months after the engagement, the operation was performed when Prince Daniel received a kidney from his father.
The operation became a major turning point for Prince Daniel's health, but he still has to eat medicine, for the rest of his life.
- You get a certain humility for life if you have been with something like this. I have had an incredible ride and been healthy since I got my new kidney, Prince Daniel has previously told Aftonbladet.
At Fråga doktorn in SVT on August 26, Prince Daniel tells more about his illness. In May he visited Karolinska Hospital where he was operated on. A TV team from SVT was also on the scene to film to Fråga doktorn.
- We have wanted to include him in the program before, and asked from the court, says program manager Suzanne Axell to Aftonbladet and continues:
- Then it didn't fit, but now it was actually the court that called us.
Fråga doktorn has a new doctor this season, Karin Granberg, and she sees it as positive that Prince Daniel openly tells about the disease and spreads knowledge about it.
- He gives kidney donations a face, and not just any face, says Karin Granberg, who has 22 years of experience as a doctor.
- I have always seen organ donation as the ultimate proof of love, and the prince also tells so finely about his dad in the program.
Prince Daniel has previously asked to register for the donation register.
- We Swedes we want to give organs, we are positive to donate. 85 percent say they are willing to donate and save lives. But only 15 percent have set themselves up on the donation register. But if we all do it, the situation looks a lot brighter for these, over 800 people waiting, Prince Daniel said in a video that the court posted online five years ago.
Prins Daniels hälsobesked – efter riskabla operationen _ Hänt.se

Victoria couldn't have married a better Consort. He is a terrific example of the ethos of "giving back" by being seen to walk the talk and an incredible asset to the organ donor cause not only in Sweden but around Europe and even the world.

Daniel attended today at the meeting of the Board of En Frisk Generation (A Healthy Generation Foundation). Daniel is its patron and co-founder.

Svensk Damtidning's article about Daniel at Fråga doktorn on 26th August.
Prince Daniel near tears at "Fråga doktorn"
Why did Prince Daniel want to return to the hospital where ten years ago he got a new kidney from his father? We get the answer in the new esipode of SVT's "Fråga doktorn", where Prince Daniel talks about the difficult time.
Daniel is the sporty guy from Ockelbo, who fell in love with our crown princess and became prince of Sweden. The trip there was not easy. In the fairytale world, the prince has to fight to get his princess, if it is not dragons, it is high thorn hedges that stand in the way of happiness. In Daniel Westling's case, it was his own body that struck. Only a few knew of his kidney disease when he met Crown Princess Victoria. She has supported him for all the years and the difficulties the prince has had, they have not directly talked about.
But now, ten years after the transplant, Prince Daniel wants to tell what it was like to get a new kidney. The transplant was necessary because one did not work as it should. In the program he is back at Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge, where he was operated on.
- Before I got a new kidney I had a short, but intense problem period. It became a new life when I got a kidney from my dad. Gratitude remains to these talented people who completed the artwork, says Prince Daniel in the report in SVT's Fråga doktorn.
In addition to the professional medical team, he has his parents Olle and Ewa Westling to thank a lot - yes, everything really. Ewa Westling gave birth to her fine son on September 15, 1973. On Wednesday, May 27, 2009, Dad Olle gave him his life back by donating his one kidney. There was no doubt that his father wanted to help him. But it was not clear that the body would fit.
- Prince Daniel is an exemplary patient, who follows the prescriptions to the point and is very keen on taking care of this kidney that he received from his father. And it works very well, says chief physician Lars Wennberg.
Prince Daniel has since the operation and in his role as Sweden's Prince committed to organ donation, after his own experiences of illness and recovery. The program highlights the questions: "What do you do if you get sick?" And "What has happened during these ten years that have passed?".
- Yes, there is a lot that has changed, says SVT program manager Suzanne Axell.
- It was more serious than we realized then, she notes.
- Giving someone else life back. With a little distance you understand the greatness of what it means, says Prince Daniel when he talks with the donor Stefan Trygg.
Prins Daniel nära tårar i _Fråga doktorn_ _ Svensk Damtidning

Today we can see Daniel at SVT's "Fråga doktorn" at SVT1 at 18.45.

After the operation: Prince Daniel talks about the fear of childlessness
Today he is the happy father of Prince Oscar and Princess Estelle - but for SVT, Prince Daniel talks about his previous fear of not being able to have children.
Tonight, Prince Daniel participates in an episode of SVT's Fråga doktorn where he talks about the time after his kidney transplant. SVT has also put up extra material on their site and in that clip Prince Daniel talks about his concern that he could not become a father. A difficult period that he has now left behind.
- Now we people are founded so that we can move on and perhaps displace what has been. But at the same time, I'm reminded quite often of the transplant, and Dad and I often talk about it. And I meet the doctors and take samples and such.
- And the gratitude remains, I'm incredibly happy, and I now have my own children. It was a completely different situation before. Then you might be worried, "How will I work?" With medication and other things. But it's no problem, everything works, so I feel super grateful and happy.
In tonight's episode we will see in the transplant department K87-89 at Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge when Prince Daniel meets 16-year-old Alexander who has received a new kidney from his mother. A nice meeting:
- There is no doubt that you want to give your child an organ if you can. This is about saving lives. There is nothing finer you can give, says Prince Daniel among other things and Alexander's mother agrees:
- It's the hardest and easiest thing to do. The feeling of giving such a nice and important gift, it is fantastic.
- Yes, and we who receive this gift are basically super perky at once, says Daniel. I myself woke up feeling like a new person.
- I remember asking Lars, one of the doctors here, if they had a special TV channel in the hospital. Because it was the Champions League final in football, and I thought that in the evening after the surgery, I could watch. Because I was so perky. And I cheered calmly!
Efter operationen_ Prins Daniel berättar om oron för barnlöshet _ Svensk Damtidning

It is not obvious that people with kidney disease can have children. In the clip, Prince Daniel talks about the concern that his body would not function after the kidney transplant.
Prinsen om oron för barnlöshet _ SVT Nyheter

Tonight, Prince Daniel talks about his kidney transplant and tough illness in SVT's Fråga doktorn. For him - and for Crown Princess Victoria - on Wednesday 27 May 2009 was the day he got his life back. Then Daniel underwent his six-hour kidney transplant operation at Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge.
The kidney transplant was planned for a long time, but had to take place earlier than expected, because Daniel's values had become acutely bad.
Prins Daniels tuffa sjukdomstid – och resan tillbaka till livet _ Svensk Damtidning

Prince Daniel, 45, has a congenital kidney disease, and suffered throughout his growing up from impaired organ function.
In the spring of 2009, just a few weeks after Crown Princess Victoria said "Yes yes yes!" To his marriage proposal, a doctor determined that the prince's kidneys were in such poor condition that a transplant was inevitable.
Thanks to Father Olle Westling being approved as a donor, Prince Daniel was able to undergo the vital surgery.
Prins Daniel om njursjukdomen i Fråga Doktorn i SVT

The Prince about the Donation Rules: "The Society Must Do More"
Fråga doktorn meets Prince Daniel at Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge. Here he got his new kidney 10 years ago.
Prince Daniel made the hospital visit to pay attention to the Kidney Replacement Program Step, a new way to match kidney donors and recipients with the goal of shortening waiting times to get a new kidney. SVT's health program Fråga doktorn followed him during the visit.
- I don't think we really understand, yet, how important organ donation is. But when a relative, or you yourself, is affected, you realize how important it is that we help each other when we can, says Fråga doktorn's Program Manager Suzanne Axell.
In 2009, Prince Daniel became very seriously ill. His kidneys did not work as they should and his father ended up donating one of his two kidneys to his son.
- Before I got that kidney I had a short but intense problem period, but then it in a way became a new life, says Prince Daniel.
Prince Daniel was lucky. Although his father never hesitated to donate his kidney, it was not at all certain that the prince's body could have received the new kidney. Otherwise, the prince would have had to stand in line waiting for a suitable kidney from a deceased person.
- We, as a society, need to do more on this issue. Every year, people die while waiting for an organ. We have things to learn from other countries, for example Belgium, where you have to actively take a stand if you do not want to donate your organs, says Prince Daniel.
Fråga doktorn's Program Manager Suzanne Axell is pleased that the Prince wanted to tell about her experiences in the program:
- More well-known Swedes in high position should dare to stand up and tell us about what is important and touching. It increases empathy and understanding.
Prinsen om donationsregler_ ”Samhället måste göra mer” _ SVT Nyheter

Last edited:
The episode of "Fråga doktorn" is already at SVT play. We can see Daniel at the Karolinska University Hospital, it starts at 25.20:
Fråga doktorn - Prins Daniel – 10 år efter njurtransplantationen _ SVT Play

SVT has also published this special video of Daniel's interview:
The Prince meets kidney transplant Alexander and his mother and talks about his own kidney disease and concerns about how the body would function after the transplant.
Prins Daniel berättar om sin njurtransplantation _ SVT Play

It is so great that Daniel talks about this very important issue so much, one can never speak too much about it.

At magazine Dialäsen (Magazine for staff working in kidney care and transplantation)
Prince Daniel's congenital kidney disease caused him renal impairment since childhood. When Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel got engaged on February 24, 2009, his illness was not publicly known. Daniel then went on dialysis several times a week.
Later that year, it became clear that dialysis was no longer enough. Daniel needed a transplant. After testing, his father Olle was considered most appropriate by the parents as a donor.
Daniel was operated on May 27, 2009 at Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge. He recovered quickly and is now considered to be in recovery. Most he has to go on regular medical check-ups and take medication to prevent the body from repelling the new kidney.
Since then, both Daniel and his parents are committed to organ donations. Olle Westling is a member of the board of the Njurförbundet (Swedish Kidney Association) Gävle-Dala.
Ikväll berättar Prins Daniel berättar om sin njursjukdom – Dialäsen

Last edited:
Court website
On Tuesday, September 3, Prince Daniel visited startup generator Antler, which supports entrepreneurs who want to start businesses.
Antler was founded in 2017 and offers a generator program for entrepreneurs who want financial support, help to find co-founders, contacts and develop a business idea. The program is six months long and in the end a number of teams that Antler believes in are selected. These teams are offered an investment from Antler in exchange for about a tenth of the shares in the company.
About Antler
Antler is currently located in Amsterdam, London, Oslo, Stockholm, Singapore, Sydney, New York and Nairobi. From the start, 450 entrepreneurs have entered Antler's generator program and in total 44 companies have been started with Antler's support.
Prins Daniel besökte startuppgeneratorn Antler - Sveriges Kungahus

Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B19I8UYA5Pf/

Gallery
ROYAL: Daniel besucht den Startup Generator "Antler" in Stockholm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B188vHdoNXh/

At Instagram of Prince Daniel's Fellowship
"Today we visited startup generator @antlerglobal in Stockholm! Antler was launched in Singapore in 2017 and is a concept that will help entrepreneurs start their own businesses. Do you have a business idea but no co-founder and capital? Take a look at this exciting initiative!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/B19QjtJiqmI/

From yesterday
Prins Daniel rivstartar hösten med entreprenörsträff - Allt om kungligt

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom