Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This wedding will be great business for locals such as hotel owners, restaurant owners, shops, etc. Hopefully it will boost their economy even if it's only temporarily.

It definitley will boost the economy. Stockholm news writes that
"The hotel industry assumes that Stockholm’s hotels will be booked to 100 per cent and the number of rooms sold thus becomes 180,000."

The celebration beforehand "Love Stockholm 2010" I think does a good job of celebrating the city but keeping the focus where it is. Great quote from the Mayor to that end as well. I can't wait to see it all!!!

Wow that's alot of money! Im sure the security/police force alone will cost 1 million euros!

Cost is always a consideration. Think of the overtime pay of the police, press, catering trade, hoteliers - some of it might trickle back down to the tax payers. Of course we all rejoice in a wedding, and if a people can't splash out on a much loved princess then it would be a shame. Hope all have a great day next year.

Beautiful pictures of the crown princess and Daniel. Victoria looks great in her new dresses!
I hope we will see the pics in magazines (not only in DAM)! It's great we can buy the pics on postcards - only in Sweden?

What a lovely monogram. Has to be the best one I have seen in a while. Will Daniel eventually get his own monogram?

What a lovely monogram. Has to be the best one I have seen in a while. Will Daniel eventually get his own monogram?

I would presume so, reflecting his title on marriage.

The monogram and new photos are fantastic! I am loving the photo of Vic in the Button Tiara and orders, she looks like a Queen!!!!

I love the monogram! And nice to see some new photos - but unfortunatly Victoria wore the six-button tiara thereby stating that it isn´t at the jewelers being dismantled and put together into a new better tiara.... Now i think that Victoria will wear the six-button tiara tomorrow - unfortunatly :ermm:

:previous:If they were planning a new setting for the button tiara(s), the tiaras would not have to stay at the jeweller for months on end. They surely would keep the buttons intact and it would be possible to add them to the new frame last minute. BUT I think the new photos give out the message that the SRF does intend to go on with the current setting. Let's face it: both buttons tiaras have been worn frequently by various family members. So they don't seem to dislike them. Maybe Princess Madeleine is an exeption here. I think she only wore the six buttons once and I never saw her with the four buttons tiara. (Please correct me if I missed something). So she either dislikes them or she is supposed to wear less significant jewels in order to not upstage the CP.

If known, can someone please tell me what will Daniel's new title(s) be once he and Crown Princess Victoria get married, and then when she becomes Queen of Sweden? Thanks in advance!

If known, can someone please tell me what will Daniel's new title(s) be once he and Crown Princess Victoria get married, and then when she becomes Queen of Sweden? Thanks in advance!

He will be Prince of Sweden and Duke of Västergötland (which is Victorias Ducal title). This was announced with the engagement.

Seems like i am going to be in Stockholm at the wedding weekend:))) YIPPIE!!

When will the Court announce who the attendants will be ???

When will the Court announce who the attendants will be ???

Do you mean who will be attending Princess Victoria or the attendants of the wedding? :)
Probably both will be announced, just before the wedding.

The Royal Court announced following:

Google Nachricht

Sorry, but I didn't understand what is meant in this announcement. Can someone help me?

The Royal Court announced following:

Google Nachricht

Sorry, but I didn't understand what is meant in this announcement. Can someone help me?

Its about when the "Lysning" is going to take place(translated to bann in the link).... And "Lysning" is a public announcement in church of a proposed marriage. And according to old Swedish church tradition the lysning (annoncement) is in the "home" church (the church in the aria where the two hwo are getting married lives) and two times. First time 2 sundays before the marriage, second time 1 sunday before....

And connected to this is a reception. Friends, family, gifts, eating, drinking for normal people, slightly different for a crown princess I suppose (press, official people...), but the idea is the same.... The dates are in the link

i think there will be 4 different events were there will be presentation of presents from different organisations but the royal court says nothing about this
about the presents is from svesnk dam.

on the first one there will also be a Sunday service to announce the wedding
like in the old days
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banns_of_marriage

i think there will be 4 different events were there will be presentation of presents from different organisations but the royal court says nothing about this
about the presents is from svesnk dam.

on the first one there will also be a Sunday service to announce the wedding
like in the old days
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banns_of_marriage

The "presentation of presents from different organisations" IS the "lysningsmottagning" the court is writing abou.

An article at Svenskdamtidning.se says that the work for the weddingdress for Victoria has begun.

Google Nachricht

And Billedbladet.de reports that the wedding dress is almost ready:

Google Nachricht

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom