Patronages of Crown Princess Victoria

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ursulajohanna said:
No picture of crown princess Victoria by opening-celebration Paralympics in Turin? Why, wasn't she there?

I hope we will see many pictures of her visit by Paralympics today!
Of course she was there, there's just no pictures of her. Sadly the Paralympics also doesn't draw as much media attention as the Olympics does, so there's not the same amount of coverage.

Already this past Thursday, 9 March, Crown Princess Victoria opened the exhibition ”Un mondo a misura di ogni bambino” (Fun for challenged kids) which is a travelling exhibition of around 50 Swedish companies featuring all sorts of help utilities to be used in sports and leasure for disabled people.

I've also read somewhere that the Crown Princess was scheduled to attend some kind of reception for the Swedish Paralympic delegation (at the Honorary Consulate in Turin or if it was at the Embassy in Rome).

Thanks, GrandDuchess for the information.

But it is pity for us, that we see no pictures of her by the each events (opening the exhibition, you tell us and reception of the Swedish Delegation).

I hope, by the games today there are reporter and photographer!

Fine weekend for you and all the others.

Finally!

Thank you, Yennie, for posting the very first pics from the paralympics.

I think it is not only for us a pitty that there is not more media coverage. For the athlets it is a pitty, too. They do great things and they need much more support from the public and the media.

Nevertheless it is great to sea Victoria finally in Turin! :)

At the Paralympics

Today, Saturday 11 March, Crown Princess Victoria visited the skiing stadium in Pragelato where she spoke to some of the Swedish athletes. There was also a small clip with her on SVT1 tonight, from their review of the Paralympics today, but it's not online.

More pictures from http://www.handikappidrott.se/

Nice she takes an interest in the paralympics.

another one of Victoria at the paralympics on March 10, 2006
(from royalcourt.se)

rjljeg.jpg

Pictures of Crown Princess Victoria at the Opening Ceremony of Winter Paralympics in Torino on March 9, 2006
She was accompanied by Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg. Btw, is that Princess Margriet of Netherlands beside Victoria?

from stellapictures via tv4.se

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 381
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 362
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 362
  • v4.jpg
    v4.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 359
  • v5.jpg
    v5.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 384
  • v6.jpg
    v6.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 382
  • v7.jpg
    v7.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 375
  • v8.jpg
    v8.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 398
  • v9.jpg
    v9.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 394
Princess Benedikte of Denmark is in the picture as well.

She looks so pretty and incredibly happy !!!! :)

A few days old - but great - news!

HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden Joins IPC Honorary Board

Torino, Italy – Today, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) announced that Her Royal Highness (HRH) Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden has accepted the IPC’s invitation to become a member of the IPC Honorary Board. She joins HRH Grand Duchess of Luxemburg Maria Teresa and HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands as the third member. HRH Crown Princess Victoria has therefore agreed to be an ambassador for the Paralympic Movement, helping the IPC to disseminate the positive values and message of the Paralympic Movement to as wide an audience as possible.

"I am very pleased to have the possibility to support the Paralympic Movement. It makes a big difference, showing the great value of sports as a way of getting together across all borders. When I visited the Paralympic Games in Athens in 2004, I was deeply impressed by the wonderful spirit and great results," stated HRH Crown Princess Victoria.

Said IPC President Sir Philip Craven: ”HRH Crown Princess Victoria has already shown her support of the Swedish Paralympic Committee on several occasions, also joining in the Paralympic School Day that took place in Sweden last year. I am confident that she will show the same support in the future.”

Full press release here: http://www.paralympic.org/release/Main_Sections_Menu/Media/Press_Releases/2006_03_11_a.html

Go Victoria!
Great news for her and the Swedish Paralympic Community!:)

Yesterday, Wednesday 31 May, Crown Princess Victoria awarded The Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award at the Skansen Open-Air Museum in Stockholm.

This award is the world’s largest for children’s and youth literature, and the second-largest literature prize in the world. The winner of 2006 is Katherine Paterson from the USA.

Pictures from Face to Face.

Attachments

• 00957539.jpg
    00957539.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 00957542.jpg
    00957542.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 403
  • 00957541.jpg
    00957541.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 00957538.jpg
    00957538.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 395
  • 00957543.jpg
    00957543.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 432
  • 00957544.jpg
    00957544.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 426
  • 00957545.jpg
    00957545.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 435
Absolutely love the coat, not sure about the hairdo though:rolleyes::D

Images from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00161188.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00161188.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 312
  • pre-SEEGER00161189.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00161189.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 426
  • pre-SEEGER00161190.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00161190.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 361
  • pre-SEEGER00161191.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00161191.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 343
  • pre-SEEGER00161193.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00161193.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 390
  • pre-SEEGER00161194.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00161194.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 313
Today Aftonbladet has an article of Victoria supporting the "Pink Ribbon Campaign" by pushing a button that turned the Stockholm Globe arena pink, to highlight the fight against breast cancer. According to the article the Crownprincess has also "examined" herself for signs of cancer, "something that all women should do" she says.
To read the article go here (swedish):http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna/story/0,2789,898523,00.html

vickan.jpg

Source: Aftonbladet.se (photo montage)

Last edited:
STOCKHOLM 02.10.2006.
Crown Princess Victoria was present at the launch of a Pink Ribbon campaign in aid of breast cancer research.

Photos from Polfoto

It's amazing how much Victoria and Carl Philip resemble one another. She looks great and I must say that I love her shoes.

BTW, Dennism you crack me up.:lol:

Pic 30.5.2007

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria applauds after handing over the Astrid Lindgren memorial award to representatives for the winner 2007: Banco del Libro of Venezuela. Carmen Diana Dearden (C) and Olga Garcia, (R) hold the diploma. The ceremony took place at the Skansen open air museum in Stockholm, Sweden Wednesday May 30 2007 --> Pic

I see she does not seem to wear glasses any longer, she must be using contact lenses.

contessa said:
I see she does not seem to wear glasses any longer, she must be using contact lenses.
I think that will change again, for some times you prefer glasses and then you like contact lenses again..:)
Anp has added several more pics from yesterday, so here are some more:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

thanks iceflower victoria looks great

Though the princess looks lovely as always, the suit does nothing for her I am afraid.

Im not so sure I like the style of the jacket (the bottom flair out), but I love the fact that she is wearing jackets that are more tailored to her.:wub: And that is a very nice color for her.:flowers:

iceflower said:
I think that will change again, for some times you prefer glasses and then you like contact lenses again..:)
Anp has added several more pics from yesterday, so here are some more:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

She looks great in these pictures, with or without glasses! She is very attached to her ponytail, though.

Australian author Sonya Hartnett receives the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award from Crown Princess Victoria at a ceremony in Stockholm, Sweden, 28 May 2008. Hartnett won the 5 millions Swedish krona (530,000 Euros) award for her young adult fiction.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria at a prizegiving ceremony
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Lots of photos also here:
IBL Bildbyrå gallery

And more:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited by a moderator:
CP Victoria looks good. :flowers:
As far as I know She personally knew Astrid Lindgren. that's great she is a patron of the award-giving organization.

Back
Top Bottom