Patronages of Crown Princess Victoria

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lena

Heir Apparent
City
Mandø
Country
Denmark
Patronages and Honorary Memberships of Crown Princess Victoria

Patronages
Nordens Ark
Karolinska Hospital: Tobias Foundation
Children's Diabetes Foundation
Stockholm Water Foundation: Stockholm Junior Water Prize
Sveriges Television AB: Crown Princess Victoria Fund
The Nordic Friends of the Nordic Museum and Skansen
The American-Scandinavian Foundation
The Foundation of Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital
Outdoor Life: The Children's Activities "Skogsmulle" and "In A Hurry"
Royal Witness History and Antiquity Academy
Uppsala University: General Song
Stockholmsbriggen AB: Briggen Tre Kronor of Stockholm
Riksförbundet Sweden's Lottery Cakes
Brain Foundation
Västergötland Memorial Association
Haga Boat Club
Riksförbundet Rare Diagnoses
Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Germany
Stockholm City Mission
Pink Ribbon Campaign

Honorary Memberships
Royal Swedish Sail Company
Västergötlands Hembygds Förbund
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
The Association of Drottningholms Theatre Friends
Sveriges Biodlares Riksförbund
Defense College: Association of FHS
Royal Academy of Music
Bernadotte-Musei Friends
Royal Academy of the Free Arts
Swedish Central Association for the Promotion of Sport
Carl Johans Federation
Central Council of the Crown Princess Margaretas Landstorm Fund Foundation​

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Victoria and the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award

Crown princess Victoria hands over the Astrid-Lindgren-award to the children´s book authors Christine Nöstlinger and Maurice Sendak.
From www.ibl.se

Attachments

• al1.jpg
    al1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 500
  • al2.jpg
    al2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 499
  • al3.jpg
    al3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 468
  • al4.jpg
    al4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 459
  • al5.jpg
    al5.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 465
  • al6.jpg
    al6.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 509
Stockholm, Sverige, 20040526
The Astrid Lindgren memorial prize was today awarded to Brazilian author Lygia Bojunga. The ceremony was held at Skansen, Stockholm’s famous culture park. Crown Princess Victoria presented the prize, almost half a million euro.
Among speakers were also Sweden’s prime minister Göran Persson, Brazil’s minister of culture Gilberto Gil, and Sweden’s minister of culture Marita Ulvskog.
The orchestra was lead by Georg Reidel, composer of many Astrid Lindgren songs.

Hm, I´m not sure about the outfit of the little apelsin (=swedish word for orange) today. This orange coat and the orange shirt make her look so...so...orange ;)
But better an orange outfit, than orange-peel skin ;)

I think she looks good in the orange coat but she should have worn a different top.

btw Yennie from where is this...did you were at Victoria´s home and did you have copied it there
haha, can´t reveal my source :p But no I´ve never been to Victorias home

Crown Princess Victoria and the Paralympics / IPC Honorary Board

Kronprinsessan firade guldmedaljören

MARKOPOULO. OS-kungen tog sitt tionde guld.
Självklart skulle Jonas Jacobsson då firas av både drottning och kronprinsessa.
– Vi var jättenervösa på slutet, men du fixade det, sa Silvia och viftade ivrigt med sin svenska flagga.

px.gif
352e9ac9.jpg
px.gif
Jonas Jacobsson tog sitt tionde OS-guld i skyttre vid paralympics i går. Kronprinsessan var framme och grattade och tittade på hans vapen.
Det var ett antal svenskar som i går satt och höll tummarna inne på Markopoulo skyttestadion utanför Aten.
Där i finalen var favorittippade svenske sportskytten Jonas Jacobsson och han kunde inte fått bättre publikuppbackning - på hedersläktaren satt både drottning Silvia och kronprinsessan Victoria.

Stod upp och ropade
De är här i Aten för att under en vecka följa paralympics, handikapp-OS.
– Självklart vill man uppleva det här, förklarade Silvia. Det är en svensk i en OS-final!
När finalen var klar efter en knapp timme stod både Victoria och Silvia upp och ropade. Deras favoritsvensk hade klarat pressen och tagit hem guldet.
– Du är bäst! hördes det från den kungliga läktaren.
Jonas Jacobsson tittade lite generat upp och log när han såg vilka det var som gratulerade honom.

Victoria bubblade av frågor
Efteråt bubblade Victoria av frågor:
– Var du inte nervös? Hur rädd var du för dina konkurrenter? Hur tungt är egentligen vapnet?
Jonas försökte svara så gott han kunde och fick gång på gång tacka för den kungliga supporten. Och nu har han vunnit tio guld, ett silver och elva brons.

Av JOHAN T LINDWALL

Silvia: Alla som tävlar är hjältar
ATEN.
Silvia och kronprinsessan Victoria har spänt följt Paralympics i Aten.
Nu slår drottningen ett slag för handikappidrotten.
– Vi måste alla uppmärksamma den. Det är otrolig viktigt och jag hoppas att jag som drottning kan bidra på mitt sätt.

ae9117c0.jpg

Svenska kungahuset har åkt hem från Paralympics, handikapp-OS, i Aten.
Drottning Silvia och kronprinsessan Victoria har under en knapp vecka följt de svenska OS-deltagarna.
– Det har varit både spännande och stundtals riktigt nervöst, berättar Silvia när Expressen träffar henne i skyttestadion i Markopoulo.
Svenske Jonas Jacobsson har precis tagit guld.
– De gör fantastiska prestationer. Prestationer som vi kanske inte förstår vidden av, säger hon.
– Jag kände spontant att det här var något som jag inte ville missa. Dessutom ville jag att kronprinsessan skulle få uppleva det på plats.

Spännande OS
Paralympics i Aten är Silvias andra handikapp-OS. Första gången var i Barcelona 1992.
– Men jag kan inte minnas att det då var lika spännande, säger Silvia.
Hon är avslappnad och skrattar flera gånger under samtalet. Men blir vid ett tillfälle allvarlig.
– Det är viktigt att all handikappidrott får stor uppmärksamhet. Det är hjältar som är här och tävlar.
Hon inser att det är ett enormt PR-värde för idrotten att hon och kronprinsessan finns på plats.
– Jag hoppas att det kan vara positivt. Jag är glad för att få uppleva det här, säger hon och dottern nickar instämmande

what associations and organisations are Victoria patron of?

Josefine said:
what associations and organisations are Victoria patron of?
According to the Royal Court's website, she holds protectoships or Honorary Memberships of the following things: 'Nordens Ark i Bohuslän, 'Tobias Stiftelsen', 'Barndiabetesfonden', 'Stockholm Junior Water Prize', 'Kungl. Motorbåt Klubben', 'Lutherhjälpen', 'Sveriges Centralförening för Idrottens Främjande', 'Kungl. Svenska Segel Sällskapet', 'Radiohjälpens Nationaldagsinsamling', 'Förbundet Ung Företagsamhet' and 'Fonden Kulturbro 2000'.

when will the astrid lindgren prize be handed out by the crown princess?

Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria together with the winners of the 2005 Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award , storyteller Philip Pullman from the Great Britain and illustrator Ryji Arai R from Japan , at the open-air museum of Skansen in Stockholm , Sweden , Wednesday 25 May 2005. The Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award ALMA , established by the Swedish Government in 2002 , is the world s largest children s and young people s literary award. The annual international prize of SEK 5 million equivalent to approx. USD 730000 or 545000 Euros may be awarded to authors, illustrators , narrators and promoters of reading whose work reflects the spirit of Astrid Lindgren.
The pic is from FOTOMARKTPLATZ. To find out more about the ALMA and the winners go to: www.alma.se

Attachments

• Al1.jpg
    Al1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 611
Lena said:
Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria together with the winners of the 2005 Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award , storyteller Philip Pullman from the Great Britain and illustrator Ryji Arai R from Japan , at the open-air museum of Skansen in Stockholm , Sweden , Wednesday 25 May 2005. The Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award ALMA , established by the Swedish Government in 2002 , is the world s largest children s and young people s literary award. The annual international prize of SEK 5 million equivalent to approx. USD 730000 or 545000 Euros may be awarded to authors, illustrators , narrators and promoters of reading whose work reflects the spirit of Astrid Lindgren.
The pic is from FOTOMARKTPLATZ. To find out more about the ALMA and the winners go to: www.alma.sehttp://www.alma.se

Thanks for the pic Lena. :)

Is it just me or does this outfit look too big for Victoria's body? The jacket looks like it was meant for someone two-three sizes bigger than her and the pants don't hang properly like good, tailored pants should.

Alexandria said:
Thanks for the pic Lena. :)

Is it just me or does this outfit look too big for Victoria's body? The jacket looks like it was meant for someone two-three sizes bigger than her and the pants don't hang properly like good, tailored pants should.

Yeah, it does look a tad too big. The color is nice though. Pale colors always work great with her. It´s a nice summer jacket. Yeah, not good hanging as it were. Not tailored well enough.

Pictures from eastnews:

Attachments

• Ai1.jpg
    Ai1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 983
  • ai2.jpg
    ai2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 963
  • ai3.jpg
    ai3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 921
  • ai4.jpg
    ai4.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 969
  • ai5.jpg
    ai5.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 963
Yesterday, Wednesday 25 May, Ryôji Arai and Philip Pullman received The Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award at Skansen in Stockholm from the hand of Crown Princess Victoria. These pictures are from Seegerpress/Ritva:

Attachments

• ALMA 25 maj 2005_13.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_13.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 323
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_10.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_10.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 491
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_11.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_11.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 301
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_6.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_6.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 323
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_12.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_12.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 488
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_14.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_14.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 323
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_2.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 351
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_3.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 323
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_4.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_4.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 274
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_5.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_5.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Yesterday, Wednesday 25 May, Ryôji Arai and Philip Pullman received The Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award at Skansen in Stockholm from the hand of Crown Princess Victoria. The first four pictures are from Seegerpress/Ritva and the last two from the official website of The Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award:

Attachments

• ALMA 25 maj 2005_6.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_6.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 300
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_7.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_7.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 307
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_8.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_8.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 335
  • ALMA 25 maj 2005_9.jpg
    ALMA 25 maj 2005_9.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 313
  • 1pullman_HKH.jpg
    1pullman_HKH.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 961
  • Arai_HKH.jpg
    Arai_HKH.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 945
I just noticed these photos. Thanks for posting them Lena and GrandDuchess. Hmm, where do I begin? Blue is a very nice colour on Victoria. She should wear it more often, but as everyone has said, that jacket is far too big on her. This photo is the worst angle of her jacket http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=150111 Look at the back of it. Too bad I can't see her shoes. I'm sure I could have had a field-day. :p

More pics from the ALMA from Clasos, part 1

Attachments

• ai3.jpg
    ai3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Ai1.jpg
    Ai1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 507
  • Ai10.jpg
    Ai10.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Ai9.jpg
    Ai9.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 358
  • ai2.jpg
    ai2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 267
  • ai4.jpg
    ai4.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 325
  • ai5.jpg
    ai5.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Ai6.jpg
    Ai6.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Ai7.jpg
    Ai7.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 287
  • Ai8.jpg
    Ai8.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 643
More pics from the ALMA from Clasos, part 2
Extra for Danielle they have made a picture of her shoes :D I think those white shoes are better than THE white shoes and this time white shoes really fitted to the colours of the outfit, but I don´t get, why the Bernadotte-girls stick still on pointed shoes...aren´t those times over (well, maybe I say this just out of jealousy...my big feet, which are according to GrandDuchess not a big problem, but of course they are a BIG problem ;) , wouldn´t fit into such shoes)

Attachments

• ai11.jpg
    ai11.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 261
  • ai17.jpg
    ai17.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 314
  • ai16.jpg
    ai16.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 293
  • ai15.jpg
    ai15.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 265
  • ai14.jpg
    ai14.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 280
  • ai13.jpg
    ai13.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 641
  • ai12.jpg
    ai12.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 667
BTW isn´t amazing to "see" her eyes again...after the many photos, in which they were hidden behind glasses. Her eyes are so beautiful, she really shouldn´t "hide" them.

Crown Princess Victoria and the Pink Ribbon Campaign

Yesterday evening, the Crown Princess attended the ”Breast Gala” benefiting the Pink Ribbon, hosted on live television by the Swedish channel TV3.

Summary of an Expressen article:

To Expressen she said that she shared many women’s anxiety for getting breast cancer, and said that she will get examined more often, and thinks that more women should do that. She also Expressen anxiety for other forms of cancer that comes into our daily lives in our time.

- I think that we all think about it, in the same way that we all think that it can’t happen to me. It is so unreal.

The women affected by breast cancer, who told their stories about their anxiety and treatments in the programme, made a strong impression in Victoria.
- When one is the most hurt, to come out and tell others about it and make it into public support to others, that is so strong and unselfish.

She also drew a parallel to the time when she herself was affected by eating disorders.
- I have felt very bad on my part, not to compare, but what affects one personally when one is feeling the worst, that is very hard to share.

About getting examined more often, she said:
- I must admit that I’m very bad at that, therefore it’s especially important to get an eye opener, that it’s something that everyone should do.

The original & full article (in Swedish) can be found here.

Summary of an Aftonbladet article:

To Aftonbladet, Crown Princess Victoria said:

- It’s incredibly important to support the breast cancer research. Breast cancer is the cancer that affects women the most.

About her admiration for the women who told their stories, she said:
- We should all be moved by these women. It is so incredibly personal to tell about one self, when one is the most vulnerable. I know by my own experience.

The original & full article (in Swedish) can be found here.

Picture one is from Aftonbladet, picture two from Expressen.

Attachments

• Aftonbladet.jpg
    Aftonbladet.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 745
  • Expressen.jpg
    Expressen.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 690
More pictures of Victoria at the gala for the Pink Ribbon.
ad picture 3: From left : Bengt Holgersson Cancerfonden chairman of the board, Victoria, Ursula Tingelin Cancerfonden secretary general and Bengt Westermark Cancerfonden research-chief.
Source:Fotomarktplatz/dpa

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 403
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 436
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 370
2 pictures from cancerfonden.se