Married in 2006?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When do you think Crown Princess Victoria will get engaged to Daniel Westling…

• This autumn/winter (marriage 2006)

Votes: 44 23.8%
  • In the spring/summer of 2006 (marriage 2006)

Votes: 54 29.2%
  • In the autumn/winter of 2006 (marriage 2007)

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Never

Votes: 55 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandDuchess

Heir Apparent
City
Somwhere
Country
Sweden
Here is a new thread devoted to the latest news and pictures about Crown Princess Victoria and her boyfriend Daniel Westling.

Please remember to give the sources for all pictures you post, or otherwise they will be removed. Also remember to follow the other rules we have.

The last thread (part 10) for Victoria and Daniel can be found here.

Last edited:
Well, i think they will getting marry in the summer.. I would like to see them to get marry .. They are wonderful together.... thank you....

IMO this winter is going to be I time for daniel to prove he can handle the job. And they will get engaged in the spring. That just what I think.

Considering that the weather in Sweden is pretty cold, my guess is that they will get engaged in the winter and have the wedding between may-september.

else they will have to go for a winter-style wedding :)

On the poll, I (accidentally) put summer, but I was thinking of Australian weather. I think they will get engaged over the winter or possibly even the spring.

Wedding

I think if they get engaged it will be in February or March 2006 with a summer 2006 wedding sometime between June-September.

I have asked GD* to make this poll...because I think, that things are heatening.
After checking all facts and theses**, I would say, that they will get engaged in January or Febuary...and that they will marry in June or August.

*Thank you so much for doing it, GrandDuchess
**When there´s an interest I will write them here.

Last edited:
Lena said:
I have asked GD* to make this poll...because I think, that things are heatening.
After checking all facts and theses**, I would say, that they will get engaged in January or February...and that they will marry in June or August.

*Thank you so much for doing it, GrandDuchess
**When there´s an interest I will write them here.

Please tell me Lena -- do you have a crystal ball that you look into that tells you that Victoria and her Daniel will become engaged in January or February (I voted for that option, by the way)?!

And if you have that crystal ball, can you look into it for me and tell me when I might expect a (pink!) diamond from my boyfriend?! :p

Alexandria said:
Please tell me Lena -- do you have a crystal ball that you look into that tells you that Victoria and her Daniel will become engaged in January or February (I voted for that option, by the way)?!

And if you have that crystal ball, can you look into it for me and tell me when I might expect a (pink!) diamond from my boyfriend?! :p

Oh yes, I´m sure, he will ask you soon. (and now please give me the email-adress of your boyfriend...so that I can "bomb" him with emails, full of attachments with rings with pink diamonds ;) ...and I wouldn´t mind, when you would post a picture-link of your dream-ring ;) )

Well, my theses rather depend on the informations I´ve collected. Please don´t doubt my sanity ;)

Explanation for an soon engagement:
The Westlings and the Bernadottes have met. Daniel has made this comment (about hearing more about him). The Royal court plans a new homepage. Victoria´s schedule for autumn is quite empty. Her new mentor Louise Dinkelspiel was teacher for English and lives in Banérgatan 17...Daniel lives in Banérgatan 19. So my guess is, that she is rather preparing Daniel than Victoria...and that they are fixing together the last things (e.g. sale of the gyms, Daniel´s education, enjoying the last days as unmarried and "unofficial" couple )

Explanation for an engagement in January/February:
The schedule of the Royal couple is extraordinary tight this autumn. Usually also the Monarch is involved in an engagement. They would pose together for photos and maybe there would be a ball. And I think the Swedish RF (quite professional in PR-things) wouldn´t want, that the engagement is announced in the morning (together with a press conference for the next day) and that the king has an official duty in the afternoon, where he could be asked about the engagement. Looking at the schedule the Royal couple has only a few days off in the middle of October and the end of October. IMO this would be too soon. Crown princely couples were extremely seldom longer engaged than 8 months. A wedding in May is rather something for the warmer middle and southern Europe. Further an engagement in October would mean, that Victoria´s fiancé would have to participate in the festivities to the Nobel prize award. I can´t imagine, that the court would want to confront a guy, who prefered only 1 year ago a basketball game over watching the NPA, with such a big duty.
The schedule for November is completely full for the Royal couple.
There would be a few days in the beginning of december...but this is usually a busy time for the Royal family. An other possibility would be an engagement shortly before Christmas. But then Victoria and Daniel would automatically spoil their Christmas holidays, because even the lazy swedish media would get their butts up to follow them and to photograph the happy engaged couple.
In January the Royal family has usually a little quieter schedule...hardly any trips abroad. Daniel could get used slowly to his new tasks. AND the beginning of the year is still soon enough for an engagement time of at least 6 months. What I´ve seen, especially the scandinavian monarchies prefer these days an longer engagement time of about 8 months. I think this is on the one hand to give the ppl a feeling of "here we have this unpolished diamond, namely a commoner...in the next months he/she will be polished "into the new role". And on the other hand there´s a big economic factor. The more time tourism experts, souvenir shops and newspapers have to produce and offer their goods and to heat the spirits (which would be also seen of ETW, Ann-Christin Jernberg & her team with joy and goodwill), the better for them. That´s why I think, that an engagement in March or April would be too late.

Explanation for a wedding in June or August:
As I´ve said above...for May the risk is too high, that the weather is still cold. Generally I believe in a summer wedding for Victoria. IMO summer is HER season and summer weddings are "standard" in Scandinavia.
I could imagine the beginning of June (her parents also married in June) but not July. July is the classic holiday month for Swedes AND for the other Royals in Europe. I believe Royals would rather skip duties in their country (or abroad) than to skip their sailing competetions and time at the beach for a wedding ;) In the middle of August most Royals and Swedes return to work...but it´s often still warm. So it would be good for a wedding too (for Mette Marit and Haakon it has worked perfectly)

Last edited:
How can one argue with this logic:D

I also think that IF it will be an engagement it will be in the end of december, beginning of january, deffenetly after the nobel. If Daniel attends the nobel as newly engaged it will overshadow the whole thing as happened in Norway when Mette-Marit that her first duty as engaged at the nobel in 2000.

I also agree that the best month for a wedding is in August, when many royal agendas are quite empty and it is a good chance for nice weather.

My solution would again be an engagement for Carl Philip and Emma around Christmas, keep the press busy with them and give Victoria and Daniel one more year to be absoloulty certain that he can be happy in that kind of life, or break up...

Well, thanks for the very thorough explanation Lena! (And I will be having my boyfriend contact you ASAP when he comes home from the North Pole next week! :p )

Lena said:

Explanation for an engagement in January/February:
The schedule of the Royal couple is extraordinary tight this autumn ...
The schedule for November is completely full for the Royal couple ...
In January the Royal family has usually a little quieter schedule...hardly any trips abroad. ... And on the other hand there´s a big economic factor. The more time tourism experts, souvenir shops and newspapers have to produce and offer their goods and to heat the spirts (which would be also seen of ETW, Ann-Christin Jernberg & her team with joy and goodwill), the better for them. That´s why I think, that an engagement in March or April would be too late.

Way to take the romance out of an engagement! :p The romantic in me decries this explanation! It sounds more like a business transaction than Victoria and Daniel making a life-long commitment of love to each other! But the logical, rational me understands the tremendous logistics of such a momentous engagement for the royal family and for the people of Sweden. Daniel will be for the rest of his life a representative of the Swedish people and such an official "unveiling" of Daniel to the world requires some pomp and proper fervor from the masses.

(I hope my own engagement is not this scheduled! Such as planning it between issues of my magazine and my boyfriend's travel schedule! Lena -- can you see to this in your crystal ball or in the chat with my boyfriend?!)

Lena said:
Explanation for an soon engagement:
The Westlings and the Bernadottes have met. Daniel has made this comment (about hearing more about him). The Royal court plans a new homepage. Victoria´s schedule for autumn is quite empty. Her new mentor Louise Dinkelspiel was teacher for English and lives in Banérgatan 17...Daniel lives in Banérgatan 19. So my guess is, that she is rather preparing Daniel than Victoria...and that they are fixing together the last things (e.g. sale of the gyms, Daniel´s education, enjoying the last days as unmarried and "unofficial" couple )

Forgive my Canadian ignorance -- what is the difference between Banérgatan 17 and Banérgatan 19?

Does this mean that Daniel has started his "princely classes" then?

Larzen said:
My solution would again be an engagement for Carl Philip and Emma around Christmas, keep the press busy with them and give Victoria and Daniel one more year to be absoloulty certain that he can be happy in that kind of life, or break up...

I like this suggestion...but only, when Carl Philip would have finished his studies (something I´m still confused about)...and when Victoria would marry in the end an other guy :p ;) Well, this was more or less a joke...but I think 5-6 years of dating under the current circumstances would damage the monarchy tremendously. I can already see it...Dagens industri, May 2006: "Benny and me plan now to expand with one more gym. It will be in the Royal castle and a member card will cost about 100000 crowns a month" ;)

Way to take the romance out of an engagement! :p The romantic in me decries this explanation! It sounds more like a business transaction than Victoria and Daniel making a life-long commitment of love to each other! But the logical, rational me understands the tremendous logistics of such a momentous engagement for the royal family and for the people of Sweden. Daniel will be for the rest of his life a representative of the Swedish people and such an official "unveiling" of Daniel to the world requires some pomp and proper fervor from the masses.

(I hope my own engagement is not this scheduled! Such as planning it between issues of my magazine and my boyfriend's travel schedule! Lena -- can you see to this in your crystal ball or in the chat with my boyfriend?!)

I think one always will search in vain for romance, when it comes to Royal engagements. I would say the most initimate and romantic moments are the private engagement (I hope Daniel´s 10000 knee bends a day make it easy for him to go on his knees ;) ) and the wedding night (I don´t talk just about the start of the production of the Royal heir :p ) In between that, it (almost) all must be fuss...more fuss...and feelings of stress.

Maybe I could be your engagement planner, Alexandria ;) I could coordinate the dates of you, your bf, your families and friends ;) ...and for the wedding I could also coordinate the coordination of the wedding planner ;) :p
And wouldn´t it be better to send him emails looking like advertisments? Well, a guy working at the north pole is likely not easy to fool. And having a smart girl as girlfriend probably even less...

Forgive my Canadian ignorance -- what is the difference between Banérgatan 17 and Banérgatan 19?

Does this mean that Daniel has started his "princely classes" then?

"gatan" does mean "street"...so it means, that Daniel and Victoria´s new mentor must live extremely close together (even though european house numbers don´t always follow a logical scheme). My little self makes this in a way very suspicious.

Lena said:
"gatan" does mean "street"...so it means, that Daniel and Victoria´s new mentor must live extremely close together (even though european house numbers don´t always follow a logical scheme). My little self makes this in a way very suspicious.

Thanks for the explanation. It does seem rather suspicious that Victoria's new mentor lives so close to Daniel. (Why does she have a new mentor by the way?)

Lena said:
I would say the most initimate and romantic moments are the private engagement (I hope Daniel´s 10000 knee bends a day make it easy for him to go on his knees ;) ) and the wedding night (I don´t talk just about the start of the production of the Royal heir :p ) In between that, it (almost) all must be fuss...more fuss...and feelings of stress.

I knew that Daniel being a work out person would come in handy one day! :D He chose a perfect career for getting down on bended knee to propose to the future Queen of Sweden! :p

I may be very erroneous in this comment, but I get the feeling that Victoria would not favour a super romantic proposal anyways. Not a room strewn of rose petals and candles. But as I get the sense that she is a very practical woman who is very business-like, she might want something more "efficient" for a lack of a better word.

Lena said:
Maybe I could be your engagement planner, Alexandria ;) I could coordinate the dates of you, your bf, your families and friends ;) ...and for the wedding I could also coordinate the coordination of the wedding planner ;) :p
And wouldn´t it be better to send him emails looking like advertisments? Well, a guy working at the north pole is likely not easy to fool. And having a smart girl as girlfriend probably even less...

Consider the job yours! :D I would like a fall wedding -- end of September, beginning of October. It's probably too late (not to mention too early my boyfriend would say!) for a wedding this fall, but maybe next fall. When would you say we should become engaged? My boyfriend does not for sure do all the leg bends Daniel does, so perhaps getting down on one knee might not be a good thing for him. But he is a pilot. Perhaps he could write in the sky a proposal for me?!

Alexandria said:
Thanks for the explanation. It does seem rather suspicious that Victoria's new mentor lives so close to Daniel. (Why does she have a new mentor by the way?)

Yes, why?! It´s said Louise Dinkelspiel is her mentor for study-things. But for me this comes about 9 years too late and it questions the work of Elisabeth T. Wahlberg, who had to arrange such things in the past. There´s clearly something rotten in the state of Sweden.

Alexandria said:
I knew that Daniel being a work out person would come in handy one day! :D He chose a perfect career for getting down on bended knee to propose to the future Queen of Sweden! :p

I may be very erroneous in this comment, but I get the feeling that Victoria would not favour a super romantic proposal anyways. Not a room strewn of rose petals and candles. But as I get the sense that she is a very practical woman who is very business-like, she might want something more "efficient" for a lack of a better word.

That´s interesting...because I´ve thought about that too. Daniel´s ex has said, that he´s a guy full of new creative ideas...and the famous VD-necklace shows some actionism in love things from his side...so maybe she has to live with rose petals and candles in the engagement night ;) Hopefully he also cleans them away after it (here we see, how torn I´m personally between romance and practical things :p )

Alexandria said:
Consider the job yours! :D I would like a fall wedding -- end of September, beginning of October. It's probably too late (not to mention too early my boyfriend would say!) for a wedding this fall, but maybe next fall. When would you say we should become engaged? My boyfriend does not for sure do all the leg bends Daniel does, so perhaps getting down on one knee might not be a good thing for him. But he is a pilot. Perhaps he could write in the sky a proposal for me?!

You could still marry spontaneously in Las Vegas this fall :p Well, a wedding fanatic like you need a lot ot preparation time. Just imagine that you order a wedding cake and the other day, you would find one, that looks and tastes better (the same about the flowers, dress, songs, the honeymoon...) and you also have to make sure, that all guests have time. So why not an engagement on Valentine´s day? An good old classic and easy to remember ;)
I´ve asked my mother, if one can fix a banner at a helicopter. She says yes...but I´m unsure, because I´ve never seen such a thing. Isn´t that too windy? Maybe others know more...

i think lena's explanation is perfect! thanks!!

Aftonbladet´s Nyhlén is searching for (the name of) a blond woman, who sat with Daniel Westling in the coffee bar "Mocco", and who is said to have looked deeply into his eyes. When you know it, you can call Nyhlén ;)
At min 1:40 of this little (embarrassing) clip:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv/player.html?catID=29&clipID=2740

Well, Daniel´s sister is blond...or maybe he had just a little talk with one of his trainers...or maybe she was just an good old friend.

BTW who has chosen "never" in the poll? The fraction of Dennism-supporters? ;)

And why are more people convinced, that the engagement will be in spring/summer than in autumn/winter (2005/2006)? Wouldn´t the examples of the crown princes in Europe let one conclude other things?

Lena said:
I can´t imagine, that Victoria would look then that happy...and she wouldn´t have been with Daniel at CP´s party.
If we want or not, it´s pretty clear, that they will stay together forever (or at least for 5+ years of marriage)

How is that with you, Mixer...don´t you meet with female friends in times, in which you have a girlfriend?
Maybe she sold her shares in his company and made a big profit :D

mixer2002de said:
Maybe she sold her shares in his company and made a big profit :D

:D So she was poor before she met Daniel? ;)
Nooooohhoooo, to me she has clearly the glowing look of a hunter, who has bagged the prey...and who is sure to have a wee baby to cuddle and pamper in the nearer future.

Lena said:
:D So she was poor before she met Daniel? ;)
Nooooohhoooo, to me she has clearly the glowing look of a hunter, who has bagged the prey...and who is sure to have a wee baby to cuddle and pamper in the nearer future.
Not poor shes just richere and by the way there is nor friendship between males and females its always about one thing :cool:

mixer2002de said:
Not poor shes just richere and by the way there is nor friendship between males and females its always about one thing :cool:

Says the bavarian womaniser :cool: ;)

BTW on the pic above Daniel is on the way to Drottningholm. So maybe this ice cream is for Vickan.

Lena said:
What bar is that, he´s holding? Or is that Ice cream?
The jacket ist IMO better, than the things he has worn of late. But the hairdo is still (sorry to say) a style, which was in Germany between 1933 and 1945 not unpopular :rolleyes:

I just can't stop to laugh with your quotes Lena!

Lena said:
Says the bavarian womaniser :cool: ;)
:D :D

Does anyone knows something about the personality of this young man? He seems so enigmatic and intelectual with those glasses...
His cloth are always so old-fashion. Maybe he is a very good person but for me he's just so weird!
But if Princess Victoria likes him he certanly has many talents.

Victoria and Daniel to marry

The court is planning for a royal marriage. A new spokesperson shal be hired, a key person before the wedding. An engagememnt is expected early next year

-You can of course look at it that way, says the current spokesperson AC Järnberg (ME: No wonder they are getting a new one:rolleyes: )

Expressen: Really?

ACJ: Yes, you can

What is the time limit?

ACJ: Im hired to the end of the year, that is one way to look at it, Im in the process but not in the inner circle.

A "close friend" of the RF says there will be a wedding next summer if nothing special happens (....) Daniel is accepted by the King and ready to stand in the shadow of Victoria for the rest of his life (kind a sad IMO)

Tarras Wahlberg is expected to be chief of the court for the new Crown Princess Couple (how strange does that sound. kronprinsessan-paret:eek: ). She will also be in charge of preparing Daniel and his family to meet the international press

They also say that both Norway and Denmark upgraded their informationservices before the weddings. Astrid Versto at the Norwegian court says about an engagemement in Sweden that the interest would be overwhelming

Daniel says: I dont think to much about it but concentrate on my things.

ETW has no comment as she is in China

Swedish here
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=439790

Last edited:
Wow, that's hot. I'm really looking forward it :) But I wonder, why the current spokesperson is allowed to tell, because other royal engagements were not exspected by public persons in such a "detailed" timetable, were they?

Thank you very much, Larzen, for giving a translation.

Not, that I want to be a besserwisser, but who said, there would be an engagement at the beginning of the year, who? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...;)

I don´t understand ACJ´s moves at all and I´m just as much wondering as sesam, but I´m happy, that she is as she is. Now we know more (at least I think it´s like this...I don´t think that the court and the involved couple are planning a "trap" for us after 4 years of relationship)

IMO time will show if Daniel will be really in the shadow. It´s quite likely, since Victoria enjoys enormous popularity (of late she was voted as "nicest person in the Royal family"). But it happened before, that the partners of the heirs overshadowed the heir the one or another way...

Translation of a Dagens Nyheter interview:

vikdanC295.jpg

The Royal Court: “No information whatsoever about a wedding”

Six questions to the Royal Court’s acting Director of the Press and Information Department, Ann-Christine Jernberg, about the newspaper reports that Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling are planning to get married.

How close is a wedding between the Crown Princess and Daniel Westling?
- I don’t have any information whatsoever about any wedding being held. I say as I always do – the day we get to know about a wedding, I promise to tell the media as soon as possible. But I haven’t heard any time plan for an eventual wedding.

Does the Royal Court’s recruitment of a new Director for press and information have any connection to any wedding plans?- No, it does not! We have been one staff short here since Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg became a Court Marshal last fall, so therefore we are recruiting, nothing else. We are not expanding.

How is it that there are so many wedding rumours buzzing around now?
- Of course it does with marriage eligible youths in the house. There will be weddings some day.

How often do you have to deny information about coming engagements and weddings?
- Often! There are a lot of speculations.

How will the procedure be when a wedding will be announced?
- There will be an announcement from the Royal Court. The routines have not changed since the King and Queen married.

Is it not so that you will deny any wedding plans until you yourself choose to make a statement about one?
- I can’t answer that. But I think we can retain the right to notify about it when it’s seriously meant.

The original article (in Swedish) can be read here.

Translation of a Spanish Yahoo! article:

A newspaper informs into which princess Victoria of Sweden will marry in the summer of 2006

[size=-1][/size][size=-2]Extended photo[/size]

Stockholm, 22 sep (EFE).- inheriting princess Victoria of Sweden and their fiancè Daniel Westling will contract marriage the next summer, according to the daily sensationalist "Expressen" informs today, who assures that the official confirmation will become at the beginning of the year that comes.

The announcement of which the Real House looks for a new female leader of information, since the present one, Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, have been promoted marshal of the cut, it has shot the rumors on one reorganization of the organizational chart of the institution, motivated by supposed imminence of the wedding.

Victory, of 28 years, and Daniel, 3 years greater and owner of exclusive gymnasium of Stockholm, initiated their romance in 2001, in a relation that Carlos told on the initial opposition of the monarch Gustavo, that now has acceded to give its consent, according to "Expressen", that mentions sources next to the Real House.

The Swedish press sensationalist already had speculated does months with the next announcement of wedding of the only heiress of one European real house that remains unmarried, when it was discovered that Westling received particular classes to improve its English.

http://es.news.yahoo.com/050922/185/4ajsn.html

Last edited by a moderator:
rchainho said:
A newspaper informs into which princess Victoria of Sweden will marry in the summer of 2006

oh jesus, that is what I would call a old photo :) more than ten years.
One would think that in our modern society with all its technology, it would be almost impossible not to find a new photo of someone :D

I voted

In the spring/summer of 2006 (marriage 2006)

good luck Victoria and Daniel

I voted Spring/Summer 2006. I've sat back and watched and read... I love CP Victoria to death but I'm really not sure about Daniel. I feel that he doesn't reciprocate her feelings. Watch his eyes... I don't see a lot of love or affection flowing out of them for her. But I could be wrong, and this is only my opinion. Whatever happens I wish them the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom