Married in 2006?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When do you think Crown Princess Victoria will get engaged to Daniel Westling…

• This autumn/winter (marriage 2006)

Votes: 44 23.8%
  • In the spring/summer of 2006 (marriage 2006)

Votes: 54 29.2%
  • In the autumn/winter of 2006 (marriage 2007)

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Never

Votes: 55 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
mixer2002de said:
Wow Viktoria is mean to a reporter... Maybe she has got some serious problems within her relationship. Maybe Daniel prefers to be the king of gymn owners instead of getting a prince of Sweden. Wouldn't that be a degradtion? Or she just had her days... :eek:

I don´t know, if Victoria has problems with Daniel. But I though think, it´s strange, that she still denies all vehemently, what has to do with Daniel (and children from Daniel) Sometimes it sounds, as if marrying Daniel would be like getting the pest.
I know, that she can´t say "ok folks, you have won...we are engaged, but we will wait to make it official until March". And I can also see, that she wants to protect her relationship...but hasn´t e.g. cp Frederik started to give more positive comments to an eventual engagement shortly before it (or am I wrong??) An engagement to Daniel (just like Frederik´s and Mary´s) wouldn´t be surprising for the ppl...so it wouldn´t be bad to give a few hints and to give us the feeling, that she´s in love with this guy.

mixer2002de said:
Or she just had her days... :eek:

I think this term is in english not common...which is good...otherwise you could provoke a discussion on sexism :p
My guess is, that she had for days bad soups, and that´s why her mood is a little bit down :p No, this was mean...chinese food is generally yummy.

Alisa said:
The interview sounds unusual and very rude coming from Victoria. :confused:Perhaps there was some kind of mishap in printing. Translations here are usually excellent and comprehendible and I cannot imagine the Crown Princess saying such rude things.

I´m quite sure, Expressen has listened quite good, when the reporter from the other bladet, was put down ;) The comment itself is IMO also something, that can be hardly misinterpreted.
But we don´t know, how it was said (as joke and with a little "no offence"-clap on his shoulders...or more in a snappish way)...and what happened before with this reporter.
Well, a professional like Victoria should know, that we can´t know, how it was...and that you can always hit a tender spot with such a comment.

For me it´s not the first time, that I note, that there´s an bad atmosphere between journalists and Victoria. I hope she will relax a little, after she has found the one and got married...and let´s hope, that also the journalists (and readers) will re-think, what they want to publish and read in the future.
And I hope Victoria isn´t talking to Daniel, as she´s talking to some journalists ("when our children would be like you, then I wouldn´t want children at all"...then Daniel would look ashamed and sad on the floor, would bring her the blanket she has ordered and would go back to the kitchen to cook* chinese soup for her) :p

* Victoria has also said in the interview (this was also later added of Expressen):

Do you cook?
Very badly. I try to make something, but I would never serve it to anyone

Last edited:
I too am a little surprised by what Victoria said, but as Lena and Alisa said, we don't know the context in which she said it, and maybe there was some kind of miscommunication between them all. :confused:

Lena said:
And I hope Victoria isn´t talking to Daniel, as she´s talking to some journalists ("when our children would be like you, then I wouldn´t want children at all"...then Daniel would look ashamed and sad on the floor, would bring her the blanket she has ordered and would go back to the kitchen to cook* chinese soup for her) :p
I certainly hope she doesn't speak to him like that. I makes him sound like some slave; "cook me dinner!" (Actually, it reminds me of an episode of South Park, but I won't repeat what was said :p) Well, I guess Victoria might have just had a bad day like we all have (some of us more than others :eek: )

I do not think daniel is ugly but he is not my cup of tee if we talk about his looks
i do not know is persona so i cant tell if i like or dislike him yet
if he will become the crown princes consort i will give him a few years so he can prove himself a bit before i judge him

i must say that the poll is very even

for those who voted never why do you think they will never marry

Repubic election campaign!

Yennie said:
Here´s a try :)

When do the crownprincess wish to have babies?
- I thought so... When I feel ready for it
And when might that be?
- Well, you never know
How many children do the crownprincess wish for?
- Not someone like you, thats for sure. Then I wouldn´t want any at all

yennies comment: the last sentence is very confusing, even in swédish. I have no idea what she means.
The article said she was mad at one reporter for writin that she didn´t like chinese food...?? Perhaps a answer like that is some sort of revenge on him :confused: ;)

One must consider Expressen (Liberal) and Aftonbladet (Socialdemocrat) both are paper campaigning for Republic in Sweden, even though 87% of people in Sweden want's Monarchy. There have been many articles not giving the true facts and Victoria have stated she was very hurted about some of them. The jurnalist asking questions when Victoria answerd (above) is one of the worst.

Last edited:
Karisma said:
One must consider Expressen (Liberal) and Aftonbladet (Socialdemocrat) both are paper campaigning for Republic in Sweden, even though 87% of people in Sweden want's Monarchy. There have been many articles not giving the true facts and Victoria have stated she was very hurted about some of them. The jurnalist asking questions when Victoria answerd (above) is one of the worst.

So you think, this is all invented?
Sorry, but here I disagree. I can´t say for sure, how it really is, but IMO Victoria gets extremely good away in "Expressobladet". I know of course, that tabloids are said to follow some political parties more than others. But I would also say, that this belief belongs more or less to the past. These days Expressen and Aftonbladet bash every government the same way. Or would you say, that Göran Persson gets very good away in these papers? Besides even among the Social democrats are different streamings (a very nice and dedicated SD is writing here with great enthusiasm and she would vote in every case for the Monarchy). And even though they have an abolishment in their programme, they don´t have a clear concept, what to make instead of it.

The tabloids (in Sweden and everywhere) are these days only interested in making money. And that´s why they got more agressive...and also publish stories, which aren´t 100% true (or which a Royal doesn´t want to believe ;) ). But I´ve never experienced, that they have faked an interview. At least not one of these interviews, to which several journalists were invited. Don´t you think, Aftonbladet would defend itself in this case by saying "Expressen has just invented that our journalist was attacked"?

To summarise my post: IMO people should become a little fairer and a little more realistic. Also angel Victoria makes mistakes. And some of the more criticised Royals make a lot of good things, which aren´t covered by the press.
Victoria is very good in meeting ordinary ppl (but also statesmen), but IMO she´s losing control in the contact with journalists. She treats them like classmates in high school (e.g. when she was asked, who would accompany her to a second trip to Australia, she answered "not you" to the journalist...that´s a bit the style of a certain American president, but not the one of a dignified nice Monarch) and this is IMO quite dangerous. Just like her (she has the advantage to be "part" of the ppl´s life for years) they have a lot of power and they can use it.

Lena said:
To summarise my post: IMO people should become a little fairer and a little more realistic. Also angel Victoria makes mistakes. And some of the more criticised Royals make a lot of good things, which aren´t covered by the press.

I have not followed the entire line of discussion about Victoria's recent infraction with the media, but I think you make some good points Lena, especially the first one: Royals are human. "Bad" royals (i.e. Charles) do some very good things too even if the media likes to focus more on the bad things he does, just as "Good" royals sometimes mis-step in their conduct or behaviour.
Lena said:
Victoria is very good in meeting ordinary ppl (but also statesmen), but IMO she´s losing control in the contact with journalists. She treats them like classmates in high school (e.g. when she was asked, who would accompany her to a second trip to Australia, she answered "not you" to the journalist...that´s a bit the style of a certain American president, but not the one of a dignified nice Monarch) and this is IMO quite dangerous. Just like her (she has the advantage to be "part" of the ppl´s life for years) they have a lot of power and they can use it.

In regards to her comment to the journalist, I wonder (not excusing her actions, but thinking/posting aloud) if her mis-step was because she has been under extra pressure lately? All these rumours of an engagement between her and Daniel must be reaching her ears even if she does not buy the tabloids herself. And as she is getting older her thoughts must be heading towards getting married and starting a family and ensuring an heir for the Swedish monarchy soon. And if some of what I read here is true that Daniel may not be ready to take on such a public role as being a consort, then that must be an additional frustration and pressure for Victoria -- a man whom she has spent the last several years with whom she loves very much and (hopefully) he loves her just as much, just not the role that comes with loving her.

For any woman in Victoria's age group (I myself feel it strongly, and have felt is particularly a lot lately), there is likely some thought being given to getting married and starting a family if that is what one wants. Of course, not all women are in Victoria's position in that they will also be Queen one day and choosing the right mate matters on a much grander scale than just if her parents and family approve of her choice in life partner.

And maybe the pressure of all this is getting to Victoria and so she "snapped."

sesam said:
There is an interesting article in bunte today with some (old)pictures
http://bunte.t-online.de/c/56/14/32/5614324.html
The article says that Daniel's fitness company is made a joint-stock-company (don't know if it's the right word in English, sorry) now, because as a prince consortant (or whatever) he would not be allowed to have a own business, but he is allowed to possess stocks! So he could keep his business although marriage in a way...:eek:
They also wrote that he did not pass the test for university in the past, but I am not so sure about that.

Daniel and Victoria have even made it on the cover of BUNTE. I think Victoria was for the last time on their cover, when her eating disorders were revealed...so a looooooong time ago. It seems BUNTE takes to the story of the "handsome swineherd" getting the princess (that´s in the paper edition their equivalent to the Cinderella-story...maybe they should have asked experts for HCA aka Mary and Fred, how this story ends :D )
I´ve already asked that on the SRMB, but I haven´t gotten an answer. Wasn´t Master Training always an stock corporation´? As much as I know, it had the ending "AB" (Aktiebolaget). So what does it need in Sweden to found an AB? And has an AB a board of directors (which MT has now)?
And most important, is it really forbidden for a Royal (on the throne or close to it) to own a company, but not to have shares? I mean is their a "law"...or is this more an unwritten law and moral issue?

Daniel had in his högskoleprovet indeed a very low score. But this test only makes sense, when you apply for an overcrowded study (and when your grades in high school aren´t top) So you don´t have to make this test and you can repeat it as often as you want.
I guess Daniel knew at once, that he would want to go on the sports college...and so he maybe hasn´t tried very hard (???)

Last edited:
Alexandria said:
In regards to her comment to the journalist, I wonder (not excusing her actions, but thinking/posting aloud) if her mis-step was because she has been under extra pressure lately? All these rumours of an engagement between her and Daniel must be reaching her ears even if she does not buy the tabloids herself. And as she is getting older her thoughts must be heading towards getting married and starting a family and ensuring an heir for the Swedish monarchy soon. And if some of what I read here is true that Daniel may not be ready to take on such a public role as being a consort, then that must be an additional frustration and pressure for Victoria -- a man whom she has spent the last several years with whom she loves very much and (hopefully) he loves her just as much, just not the role that comes with loving her.

For any woman in Victoria's age group (I myself feel it strongly, and have felt is particularly a lot lately), there is likely some thought being given to getting married and starting a family if that is what one wants. Of course, not all women are in Victoria's position in that they will also be Queen one day and choosing the right mate matters on a much grander scale than just if her parents and family approve of her choice in life partner.

That´s an interesting theory, Alexandria. And you seem to share it with Mixer. It may sound surprising, but I´m following at the moment also a second theory (yeah...yeah...get a life, Lena ;) ). Couldn´t it be, that she isn´t very unhappy with her current stage of relationship to Daniel?
To me she always seems to be in top form, when she can fulfill duties alone. She isn´t defending Daniel. She isn´t moving together with him (or Daniel with her). She´s making trips without Daniel. Couldn´t it be, that she also enjoys the freedom, the exclusive attention and the excitment to see the partner after a break again? She wouldn´t just marry and would live together with her hubby in a house, she would also share the work with him. Some days they would be 24 hours together...even when ppl love each other, this can be annoying.
Also for real "fans of children" having an own, can mean a big difference. To me Victoria really doesn´t seem ready to get one (even though 28 years is surely not an young age for becoming a mother)
More likely is though the theory, that Daniel is hesitating and that´s why Victoria is frustrated. But in a way both are sending non-wedding signals to us (and each other?). So my (admitted childish ;) ) Westling-o-meter will stay down until further notice.

Last edited:
Lena said:
That´s an interesting theory, Alexandria. And you seem to share it with Mixer. It may sound surprising, but I´m following at the moment also a second theory (yeah...yeah...get a life, Lena ;) ). Couldn´t it be, that she isn´t very unhappy with her current stage of relationship to Daniel?

I enjoy your theories and explanations very much Lena! :)

I absolutely believe that part of the reason for her rudeness might've been her (increasing) frustration at the lack of movement or development one way or another with Daniel. It needs to either progress forward >> engagement and marriage, or it needs to end so that she can move on with her life and find someone to spend her life with.

Lena said:
To me she always seems to be in top form, when she can fulfill duties alone. She isn´t defending Daniel. She isn´t moving together with him (or Daniel with her). She´s making trips without Daniel. Couldn´t it be, that she also enjoys the freedom, the exclusive attention and the excitment to see the partner after a break again? She wouldn´t just marry and would live together with her hubby in a house, she would also share the work with him. Some days they would be 24 hours together...even when ppl love each other, this can be annoying.

I can imagine how 24 hours a day with someone would be very hard -- even if you went home to a spacious palace at the end of the day. Myself I am very independent and need "me" time, as well as time for my different groups of friends, my family, my goddaughter, and then plus time with my boyfriend. (My current relationship works very well for me as my boyfriend is always travelling and when he's not and at home, his home is still about 2,500 km away from me!)

But if Victoria cannot imagine spending an entire workday with Daniel, let alone 24 hours when they might go on trips abroad together as representatives of Sweden, then I would not advocate marriage for these two.

Lena said:
Also for real "fans of children" having an own, can mean a big difference. To me Victoria really doesn´t seem ready to get one (even though 28 years is surely not an young age for becoming a mother)

Some people feel it more than others, and some later in life, so you're very right. I myself feel it very strongly, even from a few years back I've felt strongly the desire to have children. But of course Victoria might not feel that way and that's perfectly normal, too.

Lena said:
More likely is though the theory, that Daniel is hesitating and that´s why Victoria is frustrated. But in a way both are sending non-wedding signals to us (and each other?). So my (admitted childish ;) ) Westling-o-meter will stay down until further notice.

I enjoy the Westling-o-meter very much! I think it's very creative! :)

I suspect that you're right on the theory that Daniel is hestiating and Victoria is indeed very frustrated. I think the wedding rumours have been particularly strong of late because Victoria and Daniel have been together so long now and people just expect (or even wishful hoping) that they will get married. It is not necessarily a signal from both parties that they are each ready for such a commitment.

Alexandria said:

Interesting theory. While your scenario is entirely plausible it isn't good for royals to simply "snap". I expect the "pressure" to increase more as the time passes by, especially if there is no engagement in the next few weeks/months. With all the new royal babies scheduled to arrive I can just imagine the headlines.:rolleyes: Perhaps Victoria needs to take a break and regroup but it isn't good PR for her to simply snap when under pressure.

Very interesting points, Alexandria
My cousins say, that the wedding is the last station...after it nothing comes anymore. I don´t agree, but I understand a little bit, what they mean.
When you take the wedding vows seriously, you have responsibilites for the other one for the rest of your life and you can´t get out of the marriage. So some kind of freedom is gone. I know of course, that ppl can get divorced and that it also hurts "just" to leave a boyfriend or to be left, but unmarried you always have in the back of your mind, that you can get out...and even more important: that the BIG thing is still waiting for you. So you have always the prospect to climb the last step and not to stand on the top.
So why should ppl hurry these days to get married? And why should two ppl like Daniel and Victoria, whose life will be enormously changed, hurry?
In the end of course a wedding will wait for them. Victoria has to marry. But obviously the Swedish people don´t have a problem with their concubinage.
In the past years we have seen D&V kissing, V stroking D´s butt, V leaving D´s apartment, V&D shopping, V&D on holiday, V&D with the Royal parents, V&D at an official Icehockey match, V&D with D´s parents, V wearing a V&D-necklace, V&D attending weddings, V&D arriving together in a limousine to a concert and so on...and so far no one (esp. no Swede) has complained. So why shouldn´t Victoria "exhaust" this way a little bit more? The Swedes would also forgive her two more years...and ppl would see Daniel as real business man.
Maybe they have an unspoken deal "You let me live the business life, and you can enjoy the ordinary Svensson-life for some years...and IN THE END we will marry".

I like children, I was also a caring big sister (after my brother was born, we have mainly pics of me stuffing the pacifier into his mouth-which he hated though ;) ), for me it was always clear, that I would have children. And of late I noted, that I´m even more devoted to children than before, and sometimes you can even find me in a baby-shops or in forums for parents (but psst, don´t tell). In the meanwhile I also can imagine (with the right partner) to get a baby before becoming 30. BUT at the moment I wouldn´t want a child...and I think also not the right partner and a finished study (now) could change this fact. I don´t feel mature enough to take over the responsibilty for a child. I don´t feel mature enough now, but I know that the right time WILL come and then I hope to be Mama.
And isn´t it the same for you? Why aren´t you getting pregnant at once now?
I´m 100% sure, Victoria also has the wish to get a child...but to me she seems, when she also wouldn´t mind to wait 2-5 years.

Glad to hear, you like the W-O-M. I was already afraid, I would be asked to delete it.

victoria and marriage

Could she just not be ready to get married and have children. And could he not be ready either? I think it must be stressful to be constantly hounded about when you are getting married. It seems they are both doing their jobs and happy together so why do they need to rush to marriage. I also think maybe daniel might want to have something of his own and not have to rely solely on victoria to support them .

ahem...
me, personally, I'm hoping for an announcment sometime soon and then a summer/early fall wedding next year. But alas, I somehow I think it will not come. at least, not yet.

I think Daniel did pretty good in that interview. not bad...however his face bugs me a bit. I'm not sure why, I just...maybe it's his hair. :confused: I'm not a fan of his hair.

(Sorry Dennis, I'm not ignoring you in the pms, I've just been busy.)

I'm all for them getting married and all of that. I like to believe that he makes her happy, and she makes him happy. It'll be tough work for him, but I believe he can do it. Good luck to them.

i was thinking the king celebrates his 60th birthday april 30th and there may be big parties around that time do you think there will be a wedding around the same time late april early may or do you think they could combine a wedding and celebration of the king during a festive week
and would they have a wedding close to victorias birthday becouse there will be a honeymoonand would she give up the victoria day on öland for the honeymoon

Josefine said:
i was thinking the king celebrates his 60th birthday april 30th and there may be big parties around that time do you think there will be a wedding around the same time late april early may or do you think they could combine a wedding and celebration of the king during a festive week
and would they have a wedding close to victorias birthday becouse there will be a honeymoonand would she give up the victoria day on öland for the honeymoon

Interesting question, Josefine.
I guess for the case, they would really marry in 2006, they would wait until all the big happenings are over (the king´s 60th birthday, the soccer world championships ;) and Victoria´s birthday)

so if its 2006 it will be a august or a september wedding often good weaters at this time

Josefine said:
so if its 2006 it will be a august or a september wedding often good weaters at this time

I have the feeling it will happend in August! Victoria is always so alive and full of joy that she will choose for sure the best month of the year: August! (May is called in portugal the bride's month, but I guess in Sweden the weather in May is not so sunny like in Portugal)

Lena said:
It´s time for the weekly rubric "What has Se&Hör to say"
This week´s headline waiting for interpretation and information:
(Victoria: ) "He means everything to me"

Larzen (and all the others) feel free to interpret ;) And maybe someone can tell me, if this statement is made up again (After Victoria´s bites against the journalists from the daily tabloids, one has to guess so...)

http://www.soh.se/
She's either talking about Daniel (my guess), or maybe there will be a big twist that surprises us all - she's talking about her dog Jambo.

Danielle said:
She's either talking about Daniel (my guess), or maybe there will be a big twist that surprises us all - she's talking about her dog Jambo.
good guessed :) But she was talking about her dog Jambo. The quote is from when she met the children at the swedish school.

Yennie said:
good guessed :) But she was talking about her dog Jambo. The quote is from when she met the children at the swedish school.

I guess this is misquoted. I would hit the roof, when my boyfriend would say, that his dog means everything to him (even when the situation would be as special as Victoria´s and Daniel´s) ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

About what else was the article? The text under the mag on soh.se seemed to tell more. If only I could get Se&Hör :(

Last edited:
Lena said:
I guess this is misquoted. I would hit the roof, when my boyfriend would say, that his dog means everything to him (even when the situation would be as special as Victoria´s and Daniel´s) ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

About what else was the article? The text under the mag on soh.se seemed to tell more. If only I could get Se&Hör :(
I dont think she was... Victoria has said things like this before. Imo its so silly that she cant even say that "yes, I´m in love with my boyfriend".
Everyone know she has one and when she says she´s in love with her dogs it just sounds stupid

loves dog

It just seems to me her feelings for daniel are nobodys business. Certain things should be private between two people royal or not. If she said I love him that would just lead to more prying questions.

seto said:
It just seems to me her feelings for daniel are nobodys business. Certain things should be private between two people royal or not. If she said I love him that would just lead to more prying questions.

I totally agree! Her situation is difficult enough as it is, having photographers and journalists snooping around in her private life, and the added difficulty of getting a prince consort as a husband (-> problems galore, see Denmark!).
She's a wonderful young woman, she deserves some space to breathe and privacy.

mixer2002de said:
Maybe she sees a dog in him :)

:D :D :D I loved that!!

I think for everyone in her position is pretty difficult to be always replying to journalists about this and that. Who she loves or not is her own business. She's doing a great job for Sweden (I guess), and that's the most important thing.

I would say, we have seen since May 2002 several hundred pics of Daniel (well, the saints, who aren´t interested in the Royals private life of course not ;) ) But there´s one question, I still couldn´t answer...in the very opposite to my "experiences" with his girlfriend. When I saw her the first time, I knew it at once:
What eye colour has Daniel??

Lena said:
I would say, we have seen since May 2002 several hundred pics of Daniel (well, the saints, who aren´t interested in the Royals private life of course not ;) ) But there´s one question, I still couldn´t answer...in the very opposite to my "experiences" with his girlfriend. When I saw her the first time, I knew it at once:
What eye colour has Daniel??

Brown eyes. Blue or Green eyes eyes he hasn't for sure...

Last edited:
I see Lena’s “Westling-O-Meter” has risen to 50%. They must be closer to getting married. :p Anyway, this article is very interesting, and a big thank you to GrandDuchess for translating it for everyone. How long do you think it would take for this house to be ‘finished’ (i.e. decorated and have all the high-tech security implemented)? Hmm, I've hot a few ideas about this scenario. ;)

Danielle said:
I see Lena’s “Westling-O-Meter” has risen to 50%. They must be closer to getting married. :p Anyway, this article is very interesting, and a big thank you to GrandDuchess for translating it for everyone. How long do you think it would take for this house to be ‘finished’ (i.e. decorated and have all the high-tech security implemented)? Hmm, I've hot a few ideas about this scenario. ;)

When one considers, that the Westling-o-meter is a parameter, that depends on the moods of a crazy chick, then one can see, why it´s so unstable ;)
It rose, because Victoria is 100% happy these days (see the interview in the interview-thread) and because the story about the Villa was repeated. An other story tomorrow could bring it back to 30% ;)
You bring here an interesting aspect up, my dear Danielle. Such a renovation would take a few months. BUT Imo such a project could be only done in the engagement time (when they would move now, they could also announce the engagement at once...would be the same. And when the work at the villa would be started or finished after the wedding, then Daniel and Victoria, then crown princely couple, would have to live in one of their mini-apartments). So my conclusion: the engagement time wouldn´t be short. This again concludes in a January/August-engagement/wedding. Or in an engagement in 2006 (wedding 2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom