Is Victoria Boring?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that the way it used to be? Princesses were seen on special occasions including the engagement announcement, wedding day and when their babies arrived.
During the last years Princesses became celebrities and those who were born to the position and do not invite controversy are considered boring.
JMHO
I agree, all this "celebrity princesses" started big time with Diana. Victoria doesn't have to play the part of anything -- she is the future sovereign of a country and only her death will change. She knows her place and her need project a proper dignified appearance. Incredibly boring---I don't think so, she won't have the husband who will rule and just be along for the ride to smile and have people critique her clothes, weight or make-up -- she will be Sweden's symbol and must give her country stability. Think of a young Queen Elizabeth II. She couldn't have a better example to follow than that great lady and how she has kept her country's admiration through a lot of awful headlines. Besides, no one knows how Victoria is behind closed doors -- they say that Elizabeth II is quite the mimic and fun instigator in private.

Well I think it's everything:
Her fashion senses ( ussualy anyone talks about recycling, about her brands,if it is new or old, her bags, her make up (does she use any??)her jelwerry etc etc) the fact that she has born a Princess and doesn't need to learn anything, the fact that she wasn't a communer that becomes a Princess, the fact that she hasn't any children, and the fact that she doesn't look like a celebrity, not very glamorous, doesn't buy expensive clothes too mucht :rolleyes: However I think that she is improving over recent months, lets hope she is!:ermm:

Firstly, she's not married or engaging in any promiscuous behaviour. She's had the same boyfriend for a number of years and it's hard to pull up dirt on any of them. Also, she doesn't roam in the European social circles (like the Casiraghis) and she much prefers to dress more simply and not have too much makeup or go partying. It's like why in Hollywood some actresses get more attention in the tabloids than the others, even if the amount and recognition of work they did is similar.

She looked so sweet on that photo infront of the Taj Mahal.!
We know she is dyslexic but I wonder how much fun she may be behind closed doors with her friends away from the cameras.

Victoria is pretty, attractive, friendly, engaging, does her duties very well. Among the young royals, she is not the best dresser, certainly not the worst either, rather in the middle. Unfortunately (or fortunately) for her, she is in a family crowded with a sexy Barbie doll sister and a mother in her 60s still thinks she is 30 something, thus Victoria's moderate style became less of the media focus compared some other CPsses in their countries. For the straight up comparisons with the other princess consorts, she is certainly not any less interesting than any of them IMO.

I don't think she is boring but I think she is much less radiant and much more bated than her sister. I think that it may be caused by her personality or her important role. Victoria don't put many attentiveness on her dresses but she is 100% dedicateed onself to her role and duties. And I must add that being future Queen she just can't allow herself all those attention catching ways.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) for her, she is in a family crowded with a sexy Barbie doll sister and a mother in her 60s still thinks she is 30 something,
W'hoa, that's quite a hard thing to say. I see your barbie-point, but what about Silvia? I think she dresses quite appropriately.
But I also think Victoria very often dresses very nicely. And for me it's easier to get a glimpse of the person Victoria is without all the glitter and clothes. With Madeleine, I feel you never really know what she is like because either one talks about her clothes and style or she gives statements that mostly are only "det var roligt". :rolleyes:

Well, Silvia´s "facial dress" should say 3X, I guess :p

I find actually Victoria harder to read than Madeleine. Ok, Madeleine is performing very little duties. But if she gets e.g. interviewed, she has much more to say than Victoria, who is practically always repeating phrases.
And also her relationship seems clearer. She seems much more focused these days, than Victoria, who is IMO not 100% dedicated these days...

I don't think it is a case of Victoria being boring, rather that she is unwed and living with Mummy, and more importantly Daddy that is the problem.

The King is just that, The King! And Victoria is reluctantly his heir but, by keeping her under employed and under exposed he doesn't really have to deal with the situation. He doesn't have to say to the Country, let alone the World, that here is an heir worthy to suceed him.

Victoria's duties, in the main, seem to be much the same as the other Crown Princesses, decorative and supportive of the Monarch, and in every other case, the heir.

I think that is why Victoria scrapes her hair back into a less than attractive ponytail, slaps on that hard hat and climbs on to all sorts of large machinery . . . she wants her country and the world to see that she is a Princess by blood and as worthy as any of her Crown Princely peers. She makes her obligatry annual "Nobel" appearance, I think just to remind everyone how lovely she really is, and wow does she ever scrub up well but, for the rest of the time she refuses to be defined by her wardrobe!

Look at Frederik of Denmark, even Charles of Great Britain and many others on the continent, each of them has been able to have some sort of "life" apart from their parents. Both Charles and Frederik were in the Armed Forces and many others I am sure. They lived away from home. But Victoria is treated as a small child. Even her younger sister has been able to establish her own persona, both sexy and charitable. Carl Phillip has "a life". Victoria does not.

It's a fact I also noticed, Lena.

It's not only "Victoria" who doesn't attrack that much attention, but somehow it's a phenomenon that happens to the Swedish as well as the Norwegian or Belgian Family.

All of this families and Crown Princesses get less attention then Mary or Letizia.

Mary and Letizia appeared in the Royal circles around the same time; they were spreading lots of glamour and offered quite good stories for the gossips mags (pregnancy rumors and so on).
People mostly discuss their fashion and style.

Victoria is the most professional Crown Princess, but she didn't have the "Glamour" moments yet.

My prediction:
When Victoria gets engaged, marries Daniel and has her first kids, then she'll be as interesting for gossip mags and forum posters as other Princesses. This seems to be the way it works. ;) Sadly...

I totally agree with you!!! Between she is really intelligent, cute & pretty.:flowers:

Just the simple fact that she is the heir to the throne is quite restraining for her. She just can't see what she thinks out loud. Therefore she will have "prefabricated" anwers for some questions and yes, that may sound boring. Plus the fact that she has to live with a drop dead gorgeous sister AND brother doesn't make live any easier. But Victoria boring?? No, she is someone I would love to have as a friend, in contrast to almost all the other cp's.

Maybe, as a future queen, she finds herself limited to ACT and SPEAK boring, so that any subject is offended and the crown do not get any criticisms because of her precisely, the heir. Given the fact that she is the heir, the swedish crown might look for a suitable husband for her, because that boyfriend does not seem to me like a sound election. In the other hand, CP
Victoria would look much better with a chin job. Everybody in this world, from middle class up, are having these small improvements, why not her that is a photograph objective so often? Just guessing. :)

If everyone one ran around getting little "improvements" people would all start to look alike. Just because someone doesn't have the look of a 'classic beauty' doesn't need they need to go under a knife to look better. Everyone one has little imperfections, but shes not a movie star or a model who needs to depend on her looks being perfect in order to be validated. She is meant to be a role model/representative, and what message woudl that send to the youth? If you don't look like a model runway you should have what ever it is corrected? I have to agree with Barbie sister thing going on.

Victoria isn't boring. I would like to read and see more information about her. In my lovely country people know only Windsors. That's unfair.

i doubt she is boring. she just has to do much more serious activities than the rest of the princesses. after all, she will be the queen, while the other crown princesses will be merely consorts. on that light, it's not surprising that the events she attends require a higher degree of maturity and discretion.

I still can not figure out what Crown Princess Victoria or Crown Princess Mathilde should do in order to avoid being labelled as "boring".

Simply cause a couple of scandals...........

I think Victoria's lovely. Plastic surgery of any sort is the last thing she needs.

I think, She is ripe, to claim responsibility and pretty lady.

Is Victoria boring? Not at all. She is just smart, very educated, cultured young woman. She seems polite and really sweet. IMO it all makes her exceptional not boring.:)

She reminds me of Princess Elizabeth before she became Queen Elizabeth II. She is dignified, elegant, beautiful, and a testament to her family and her country. She and Madeline are the new Elizabeth and Margaret.

I don't think she's boring it's just that people are more inclined to talk about commoner CPss who were married into royalty. The Cinderella story can be the main factor. Actually, if you think about it the reason why Mary, Letizia, MM and Maxima get a lot of coverage was that girls either want to be in their position or they want to know their everyday activities because they are intrigue by their sudden rise into glamour status. Personally, their rise to royalty is very interesting. If the trend before (i.e. cousins marrying or royal-royal marriage) is still being practiced, I doubt this will be as interesting as the commoner-royal marriage. Of course, I still dream of the royal-royal marriage since most European kingdoms have commoner CPss. I like traditions but I don't think it will ever happen again considering that there's really no law today that inhibits the heir to marry a commoner or if there is we wouldn't have the Mary, Letizia, MM and Maxima that we love to talk about.

No I don't think Victoria is boring she is a very nice person in my opinion she takes her role as future queen very seriously.
She is not as fashionable or glamourous as the other commoner born turned crown princesses by marriage but here are-
some things that take up for that like the sense of duty,diginty,being regal,her beautiful smile, and last by not least her nice
personality.

No, I don't think she is boring, but I think it is good for the monarch. Being "boring" makes it so there aren't any scandals and people/swedes aren't resentful. I think of interesting scandalous royals and I think of the Windsors and how the British really see no need for a monarch. Nonetheless that gives no excuse for the Monarch to be so disorganized and not announce events.

I don't think she is boring, not at all. I think she's lovely, poised, talented, naturally dignified, with a keen sense of duty, and has an unassuming charm and regal propriety without being stuffy. She is good at what she does, and any "boring" is what makes her the perfect candidate for future queen. She is royal, not a celebrity, and she seems to understand the implication of this.

I think it's--as others have suggested--the difference between being born royal and commoner being transformed into a princess through marriage.

Fashion-wise, she may lack the flair of other crown princesses, but when it all boils down to it, one's wardrobe (provided it is appropriate :lol:) isn't that important.

Personally, I find that her strengths and 'weaknesses' combined make her all the more endearing.

i find crown princess victoria very natural, very down-to-earth and very sweet, i also think that she is a very warm person with the people and with other royals such as crown princes felipe, haakon and frederik etc...etc...etc...i am sure that she is going to be a very popular and a very loveable queen when her time comes...So it is a big N-O (NO) to those who think that she is boring.:)

I think her parents have a lot to be proud of she seems to me a most appropiate young woman for the job. I have liked her for a long time and even the relationship she is in seems low key and without drama NO she is not boring this is a very charming young woman. IMO

. . . . I think of interesting scandalous royals and I think of the Windsors and how the British really see no need for a monarch.
Pardon? Did I miss a major Referendum? :ermm:
Nonetheless that gives no excuse for the Monarch to be so disorganized and not announce events.
Who? King Carl Gustaf or Queen Elizabeth? :confused:

She is a future monarch, not a future consort like the Crown Princess of Denmark, and as such her greatest responsibility is not her clothes. The pony-tale, suits and glasses represent her personality: shy, but serious. The fact that she sticks to her own simple style and pays more attention to her duties as heiress than to fashion only confirms that she will be a great monarch. I think that's more important than being a fashion icon.

She is a future monarch, not a future consort like the Crown Princess of Denmark, and as such her greatest responsibility is not her clothes. The pony-tale, suits and glasses represent her personality: shy, but serious. The fact that she sticks to her own simple style and pays more attention to her duties as heiress than to fashion only confirms that she will be a great monarch. I think that's more important than being a fashion icon.

I agree. Plus, she's likely to be in the public eye for the rest of her life -- with the longevity of the Bernadottes, that could be another 70 years! She needs to cultivate an image that will be durable for decades, not something that it going to end up changing all the time to keep up with current fashions and trends.

Think about Queen Elizabeth. She's never been considered a major fashion plate, but she always looks exactly right for her role and image. Some of her outfits have been more or less successful, but when you consider that she's been in the public eye for more than 80 years and you almost never hear anyone says she's dressed inappropriately, you have to say that her look works for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom