Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling: February 24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
woooooooooooooooow ! a wonderful surprise !!!im supper happy to heard ( finally ) the engagement of princess VIctoria !!!!!
cant wait to see her in her special day !!!hope the wedding wll be as soon as possible !!
conratulations VICTORIA AND DANIEL, the new royal couple of 2009 !!!

you know we will se a ring today.. do you have any ides on that,

His given name is Daniel, Olof is his second, or middle, name, even if it is placed before the given name. I don't know if it is possible to place the given name second in other languages/countries, but it is in Sweden for certain. Both my parents have their given names placed after their other names.

I believe this is a case of 'lost in translation'. At least in Finland, all the first names your parents give you, are given names. You can choose what name of those given names you choose for people to call you but the order of the names doesn't change. For example, if a girl's name is Sofia Ulla Helena and she wishes to use Helena as the name people call her, she can do that. In official forms, she can indicate which name she uses by underlining it etc. The order of her names does not change, she will remain Sofia Ulla Helena and not become Helena Sofia Ulla.

So is he Daniel Olof or Olof Daniel?

Oh yes I completely forgot about the ring!!!I guess it will be something elegant but simple as Victoria!:twohearts:

I think, it will be round ;)
Noo, I am also very curious/excited about this part...just as I am curious/excited about every happening right now.

I'm a little bit suprised for the news. I've read once that she didn't feel pressured for getting married but, anyway, I'm really happy for them, and many many congratulation!!!!!
I'm looking forward the wedding!!! I'm sure it will be the royal event of the lasts years!!!

YAY!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Oh yes I completely forgot about the ring!!!I guess it will be something elegant but simple as Victoria!:twohearts:
I wonder if the ring will consist of gemstones that are yellow and blue? It feels a bit funny but would it then contain blue sapphires and yellow sapphires? Of course there are several other colored stones too that could be used; spinels, tanzanites, tourmalines to name a few.

Prince Olof would actually sound better than prince Daniel, at least for the prince consort of Sweden. Daniel sounds too biblical IMO.

I agree. I think Olof sounds very fitting, especially for a prins och hertig av Sverige.

I think, it will be round ;)
Noo, I am also very curious/excited about this part...just as I am curious/excited about every happening right now.
So am I!! it's the first time that I can share a moment like that on this forum!!! and it's really exciting to have the news so quickly here!!:flowers:

Wow! Why am I so surprised! I'm so happy for both Princess Victoria and Daniel. Congratulations!

Do you know if the whole royal family and Daniel's family will be at the press conference or for a photoshoot???

i do not think anyone had a ide, nothing about the days before
so a good secret

i think carl philip is in Skåne at school.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the rush to Swedish web pages because of the engagement is causing our connections to run really slow. Most (if not all) of our web traffic goes through Sweden.

Has anyone managed to get to the court's web pages yet?

His given name is Daniel, Olof is his second, or middle, name, even if it is placed before the given name. I don't know if it is possible to place the given name second in other languages/countries, but it is in Sweden for certain. Both my parents have their given names placed after their other names.

How entirely...interesting, for use of a better word.

I confess it's quite unorthodox in english speaking countries, to place (in an official capacity) one's middle name before one's given name, so forgive my ignorance.

So is he Daniel Olof or Olof Daniel?

Yes, I too would be most interested to have it clarified.

Congratulations to the couple.

That's wonderful news Congratulations Victoria & Daniel:twohearts:

Great news! I can´t see the video.

Oh, how exciting! Another royal wedding to look forward to. Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel!

Congratulations to HRH and Mr. Westling

I'm really looking forward to seeing the press conference today! If it's at 5pm in Sweden then the time will be 4pm in the UK! I think Victoria's engagement ring will include a sapphire with diamonds! I'm still so excited by this news! The engagement announcement was really lovely with the happy couple in the middle and the King and Queen on each side. Having the wedding in 2010 will allow plenty of time to organise such a huge event and ensure that senior royals around the world can set the date aside in their busy schedules and able to attend. I'm sure we are all looking forward to the various threads that will be created such as where the wedding will be and who will design the wedding dress - not to mention will Madeleine be a bridesmaid!!??

Wow! I've never been crazy about Daniel and would have preferred someone else (not that I had any idea as to who), but I'm happy for her, and happy for us, who will get to see a royal wedding. I wonder why they're getting engaged now?

I recall saying on the forums that if Daniel ever married Victoria I would eat a live goldfish. Uh-oh...

OMG!!! This is such exciting news!!!

I'm so happy for Victoria and Daniel, and the whole royal family!

I can't wait to see this wedding. Yes, its going to be a long wait, but it would be worth it!

Hooray!!! :clap: :dizzy:

Can any swedish member tell us what they said in the Video?
And someone know when the video was made?
Thanks in advance

Aftonbladet claims Daniel will be HRH Prince Daniel but I'm still not convinced until the court says it. At least I know know that his full name is Olof Daniel Westling.

Finally!! It's about TIME.. I have been wait for long time finally and I would like to see the wedding ohh It will be big wedding..

I'll try to put it in a nutshell what was said in the video. Bear in mind that Swedish is not my mother tongue, but it is the second official language here.

The king said that it is really a special day for them and while it obviously is a big happening for their whole family, he has a feeling it will be even bigger for Victoria and Daniel and it is only the beginning of a long life together for them. The king said that they had learned to know Daniel pretty well and understood he is a fine man who works hard and seriously and takes life seriously.

--------- more to come --------------

He looks so different without his glasses! I love CP Victoria's dress -- the classic cut and the red color really suit her.

Back
Top Bottom