Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling: February 24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found it on a swedish homepage (I don't know if it was Aftonbladet, Tv 4 or SVT, I watched so much in the last few minutes) that it would be at 17 o'clock. :rolleyes:
The german press don't mentioned it yet. :nonono:

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel :clap:. They are such a lovely couple and I am very happy for them! :flowers:

Exciting news, congratulations to the couple.

At long, long last! This is the best news I've read in a long time. Congrats to CP Victoria, Daniel, and all of Sweden!

:fireworks: :swedenflag: :cheers:

Could you tell us what the king is saying on that video please??

Victoria looks radiant and so happy!!! Daniel looks a bit impressed

Yes, I also would love to know exactly what they each said on the video. Translation, please?

thank you.

Can anyone explain what is the situation with the HRH styles in Sweden? I've only found so far that Daniel Westling will become Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland but I haven't seen a mention anywhere whether he will be styled HRH or not. Maybe it is automatically the case but I started to wonder after seeing him only titled as 'prins Daniel'.

Thank you Josefine for the link! It was so nice to see the happy couple with the King and Queen. I always feel like I'm nervous for them when I see the Royals give speeches etc. They seem so familiar that I feel the same as I would when I'm hoping someone from my family to succeed in giving a speech etc. It makes me feel okay about being nervous in social situations when I see that even the royals are nervous. Daniel seemed pretty confident!

:rose:HRH is deserving of every happiness. May Mr Westling be a most commendable fiance, husband and some day, consort, for the extraordinarily gracious woman that is Victoria.

Where royals are concerned, humility certainly starts with V!

Also, I wonder if he shall chose to be known by his given name, Olof, or whether he'll retain the use of his middle name, Daniel. No doubt the latter.

What ist said in the video? Can anyone translate?

Can anyone explain what is the situation with the HRH styles in Sweden? I've only found so far that Daniel Westling will become Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland but I haven't seen a mention anywhere whether he will be styled HRH or not. Maybe it is automatically the case but I started to wonder after seeing him only titled as 'prins Daniel'.

Thank you Josefine for the link! It was so nice to see the happy couple with the King and Queen. I always feel like I'm nervous for them when I see the Royals give speeches etc. They seem so familiar that I feel the same as I would when I'm hoping someone from my family to succeed in giving a speech etc. It makes me feel okay about being nervous in social situations when I see that even the royals are nervous. Daniel seemed pretty confident!

its a bit different this with the video but i like it
i like that all four talked and Daniel said what is role will be kind of
but i silvia was also pleding to the swedish people will care for daniel as they cared for her

Also, I wonder if he shall chose to be known by his given name, Olof, or whether he'll retain the use of his middle name, Daniel. No doubt the latter.

He's Olof?! :eek: :lol: Well, not that bad, actually. Prince Olof would actually sound better than prince Daniel, at least for the prince consort of Sweden. Daniel sounds too biblical IMO.

Wowww!!! wonderful news! I´m sooo happy for them. At last...another royal wedding, I can´t wait for it!!:clap:
Congratulations to the beautiful couple, and my best wishes to them :flowers:

:twohearts::twohearts:

Wow I was wondering if they would ever get engaged! Many congratulations to them both.

Will we be able to watch online the press conference at 5???
Even if I don't speak swedish I would love to see that event!

Oh no please, keep Daniel instead of Oluf :D

Congratulations to the couple :heartflower:

Josefine, thanks for the video clip from YouTube. It was a very nice presentation of the news - and Daniel gives a very sympathetic impression :twohearts:

Yes, please keep Daniel. It sounds nice when you put the names together - Victoria and Daniel.

I'm very happy for them and wish them the best!

His given name is Daniel, Olof is his second, or middle, name, even if it is placed before the given name. I don't know if it is possible to place the given name second in other languages/countries, but it is in Sweden for certain. Both my parents have their given names placed after their other names.

Back
Top Bottom