Daniel's Future: Discussion (his role, title, orders, pressure etc.)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But the ipod should just carry licensed legal music which seems to be quite an issue as I read somwhere that illegal music downloads in Sweden are quite in, which is a big problem for the industry there...

mixer2002de said:
But the ipod should just carry licensed legal music which seems to be quite an issue as I read somwhere that illegal music downloads in Sweden are quite in, which is a big problem for the industry there...

Well, the CD-box for MM and Haakon was a gift from the government. I can´t imagine, that PM Göran Persson personally would download 10000 songs illegally from the internet for the crown princess and the prince ;) :p

Lena said:
I must admit, I also can´t see him doing this. Then again I´m always surprised about his words in the few interviews, that he has given (of course it sounds better in Swedish than in the Lena-translations). His thesaurus is not that bad -well, after the many reports about his education, I´ve expected the worst :eek:

Hahahaha, good one. :D I wish someone would give them a good sorted "music box" with many CDs and maye even some records for their wedding (just like the one MM and Haakon have gotten)
Well, I guess you (Danielle) and Alexandria would suggest an big full loaded ipod ;)
Maybe he's been reading a lot more. That would often improve ones vocabulary (hence why mine is still shocking :p).

Oh yes, definitely an iPod. I gladly would part with mine (well, I would shed a tear or two) just so they could listen to what I term 'good music'. You know what, sending them music for their wedding is a good idea. I shall start thinking of good albums right now. :)

EDIT: Sorry Lena. I quoted your post before you changed it. :eek:

Danielle said:
Maybe he's been reading a lot more. That would often improve ones vocabulary (hence why mine is still shocking :p).
Well, your reading list for winter (when I have read that firstly I was quite confused...what?! winter?!...the europeans egocentric world view ;) ) is quite impressive.

Danielle said:
Oh yes, definitely an iPod. I gladly would part with mine (well, I would shed a tear or two) just so they could listen to what I term 'good music'. You know what, sending them music for their wedding is a good idea. I shall start thinking of good albums right now. :)
Actually this is really an nice idea. Ppl will send them baby wear, so why not music. I wonder, if they would get their own song (like Mary and Frederik or like queen Silvia with "dancing queen")

Danielle said:
EDIT: Sorry Lena. I quoted your post before you changed it. :eek:
no problemo. I must admit (confession time) that I´ve done yesterday something worse. I wanted to quote a post from you, but by accident I pressed the "edit"-button so the post was gone. Don´t worry, I could go back on the original version...but now in the post one can read "edited by Lena" :eek:

If Victoria and Daniel got married,what would be his title?

Title says it all.

would he be called Prince Daniel? because Princess Anne's 1st husband didn't have a title nor was he given one.

I would like to know out of curiosity.

thanks

PrincessNatalie said:
Title says it all.

would he be called Prince Daniel? because Princess Anne's 1st husband didn't have a title nor was he given one.

thanks

I suppose he will be given a title but not Prince, perhaps a Duke. At least not until Crown Princess Victoria becomes a Queen. Then he will be Prince.
Princess Anne was not heir to the throne and her husband didn't have to be given any title, especially Prince.
And if I remember right, Princess Anne rejected all possible titles for her husband and children.

PrincessNatalie said:
Title says it all.

thanks
This question has been discussed a lot before - but we cannot answer it. When Victoria will marry, I think Victoria will have a say before her father as to what title her husband will have, but in the end it's the King's decision.

All we can do now is speculate. When the day comes, this will be a new situation in Sweden as females has not had this "problem" before. When a Swedish princess married a commoner in the old days, she simply lost her HRH, and they didn't even have succession rights back then.

So when the day comes for Victoria and Madeleine to marry, it will all be a new situation for the monarchy of Sweden.

If Victoria and Daniel got married; his title would most probably be something like HRH Prince Consort, but people would probably call him Prince Daniel for convenience. I forgot Victoria's duchy but I'm sure Daniel would also become the Duke of that. (This is when Victoria is Queen). I don't know what Daniel's title would be if they got married in the near future. :)

I think that the man that Victoria marries would get the title of Duke (Consort) of Västergötland and of course when she became Queen he'll be for example HRH Daniel the Prince Consort of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland;)

I agree. I think CP Victoria's husband (lets just pretend Daniel) will receive the title of HRH Duke of Västergötland while King Carl Gustaf is on the throne. When Victoria becomes Queen I bet her husband will become Prince Consort.

I agree ladies..Duke of Västergötland is my guess ;) :)

Its most likely, however, that he would be made a Prince of the Kingdom of Sweden just like Henri (Prince Henrik) was in Denmark.

We shall wait and see...

"MII"

P.S What does this Daniel fellow look like? Is he anything to rave about, physique wise?

Last edited:
The man who marries Victoria will became the Duke of Västergötland on marriage right, whether he's created a prince or not is up to King Carl Gustaf; but if Victoria gets married as a Queen, her husband would automatically be the Prince Consort of Sweden.

crisiñaki said:
The man who marries Victoria will became the Duke of Västergötland on marriage right, whether he's created a prince or not is up to King Carl Gustaf; but if Victoria gets married as a Queen, her husband would automatically be the Prince Consort of Sweden.
Her future husband will not become a Prince Consort automatically when Victoria is the ruling Queen. It will be up to her then if she wants to change her husband's title then, from the one that King Carl XVI Gustaf created upon the couple's marriage. People who marry into the Royal Family doesn't get titles automatically, they have to be created in the discretion of the monarch.

I'm sure Victoria would give Daniel the title of Prince Consort when she is Queen (and if they ever marry....). But I don't know if Victoria would make him Prince of the Kingdom of Sweden like MII mentioned.

Thanks for your replies.

I did think that he would be made Duke of Västergötland, but I was told by a friend that this is wrong because it would put him ahead of her in the order of precedence, he ranking higher than her on the basis on her title.

crisiñaki said:
I think that the man that Victoria marries would get the title of Duke (Consort) of Västergötland and of course when she became Queen he'll be for example HRH Daniel the Prince Consort of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland;)

Is there such a title as Duke Consort? I have never heard of such. Hmm?

PrincessNatalie said:
Thanks for your replies.

I did think that he would be made Duke of Västergötland, but I was told by a friend that this is wrong because it would put him ahead of her in the order of precedence, he ranking higher than her on the basis on her title.

Hmm, from where I sit, since she is Crown Princess, NO Duke would out rank her.

This is why I say, that a queen's husband should become a king, just like a king's wife becomes a queen. A husband and a wife should be ranked equally. The title of king should not outrank the title of queen, which must be the case, since a king's wife can become a queen, but a queen's husband can't become a king. So when/if our crown princess Victoria or the norveigan princess Ingrid marry in the future, their husbands should be kings, when their wives are queens, not "just" princes.

Furienna said:
This is why I say, that a queen's husband should become a king, just like a king's wife becomes a queen. A husband and a wife should be ranked equally. The title of king should not outrank the title of queen, which must be the case, since a king's wife can become a queen, but a queen's husband can't become a king. So when/if our crown princess Victoria or the norveigan princess Ingrid marry in the future, their husbands should be kings, when their wives are queens, not "just" princes.

I get what you're saying. In the current system, the title King seems to outweigh the Queen. I agree that in this day and age; the title King and Queen should have the same value. But then again, doesn't King Daniel sound kind of odd?.....:rolleyes: :cool:

If CP Victoria married with Daniel can be happen the same thing occur in Denmark with Queen Margareth or can be different?

Is true that the Kings accept Daniel??

King Daniel doesn't sound more strange than Prince Daniel, does it?

Furienna said:
Does anyone know if he has a middle name that could be used? Something more traditional.

He could also, as Henrik and several others, change his name to something more traditional

Empress said:
Is there such a title as Duke Consort? I have never heard of such. Hmm?

I put it between () because he will be the consort of the Duchess, which means he'll be a Duke but won't outrank her because she's still the crown princess.; just what happened in Spain with the Infantas' husbands, they are both Dukes but they don't outrank their wives because they are "princess of Spain" unlike them.

Furienna said:

I guess it doesn't. :) As long as he makes Sweden's future Queen happy; I guess I'm not that worried about his title. We'll know (soon?:cool: ) enough. I'm still waiting for an engagement announcement this year and a huge wedding in 2007. :rolleyes:

The distinction between "King" and "Prince" is in the connotation. It sounds like "King" would outrank a "Queen" and even I think that would be grossly unfair if that view was applied to Victoria since she is the royal-born between the two of them.

Like other posters said, my bet would be he'd be called Duke first while the current King still sits on the throne and maybe be elevated to "Prince". Actually, I don't think Victoria would elevate him to "Prince Consort" even after she takes the throne. We'll see.

Well I agree that he would/should get the title of Duke, why don't you think she'll elevate him to Prince Consort?

I think he will be HRH The Prince Consort, like Henrik.
He will not be king, this would be poor protocol (going on a thousand years of tradition throughout Europe, eg Philip, Claus, Henrik.)
And as a final point he will assume precedence next to Victoria as consort of the sovereign.

This is presuming that they marry.

RoyalProtocol said:
I think he will be HRH The Prince Consort, like Henrik.
He will not be king, this would be poor protocol (going on a thousand years of tradition throughout Europe, eg Philip, Claus, Henrik.)
And as a final point he will assume precedence next to Victoria as consort of the sovereign.

This is presuming that they marry.
I agree 100%

About the Duke-title, it's not something that's really in use in Sweden, I know they all have these titles but it doesn't give any meaning. I suppose he will automaticly become duke of Västergötland (since Victoria is the duchess).

It would be a constant laugh if they gave Daniel a duke title only.

Daneborn said:
I agree 100%

About the Duke-title, it's not something that's really in use in Sweden, I know they all have these titles but it doesn't give any meaning. I suppose he will automaticly become duke of Västergötland (since Victoria is the duchess).

It would be a constant laugh if they gave Daniel a duke title only.

Thanks,

The Ducal titles in Sweden do appear to be for the sake of it only. In the UK The Ducal title is always used eg. Duke of York but elsewhere it is just for show.

Back
Top Bottom