Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Turkey: June 13-15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Istanbul, TURKEY: Sweden's Crown Princess visits Topkapi Palace and the Sultanahmet Mosque in Istanbul, 15 June 2005, during her three-day visit of Ankara and Istanbul. Getty images

IMO Victoria looks very good with a veil/headscarf...but certain glasses destroy a bit the nice impression :rolleyes:
Please note the "sophisticated" look of ETW in the background

Attachments

• a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 333
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 267
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 313
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 284
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 286
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Pictures from newsCom,Yahoo.com (Reuters) and Polfoto

Attachments

• a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 485
  • a10.jpg
    a10.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 357
  • a12.jpg
    a12.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 252
  • a13.jpg
    a13.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 299
  • a14.jpg
    a14.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 335
  • a15.jpg
    a15.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 300
  • a16.jpg
    a16.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
I've noticed Victoria's clothing and "style" are often criticized. She may not be the best dressed on any list, but because she has such warmth and sincerity and natural grace I personally find her much more beautiful/attractive than some of the princesses/queens who are known for always being draped in the latest from Prada or Chanel. But that's just me. I like watching the princesses whose character/personality I find appealing or interesting or intriguing, which is why I enjoy following Victoria--her warmth shines through in every photo.

Several from Anp

I agree with what Lucys said. I am sure Dennism would also agree most wholeheartedly:D

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 307
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 268
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 262
Well, and I still think, that being an interesting dresser and having a warm and interesting personality isn´t a contradiction (though people love to pigeonhole, when it comes to fashion and ppl-or let´s say "fashion and princesses"). As example I want to mention princess Märtha Louise.
As I´ve said before in similar discussions, we only get pictures...not always the best medium to judge people or a whole "duty"...so it´s IMO still not completely unimportant to see a wardrobe, which is pepped up and fits to the character of the wearer.
Toned glasses, which hide the beautiful expressive eyes (the best feature...in the sense of classic beauty and in the sense of expression/charisma) IMO don´t reflect the character (as much as I can judge it) of a certain wearer :rolleyes:
Even Dennism must agree here ;)

Thank you for the pictures, pdas1201!

Last edited:
Thank you

Thank you for all the lovely photographs. :) :cool: ;)

sesam said:
Ahhh, there is a picture special in Expressen today about Victorias turkey-trip. There are some interesting pictures, but I have not found out yet how to post them, sorry. :confused:
You can see the pictures at www.expressen.se

Thank you for the hint, sesam :) The direct link to the photo show is:
http://expressen.se/index.jsp?d=452&a=300469

Is it just me (who has seen in the past weeks so/too much of her) or does anyone else think of Katie Holmes, when looking at this pic?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=159249

lucys said:
I've noticed Victoria's clothing and "style" are often criticized. She may not be the best dressed on any list, but because she has such warmth and sincerity and natural grace I personally find her much more beautiful/attractive than some of the princesses/queens who are known for always being draped in the latest from Prada or Chanel. But that's just me. I like watching the princesses whose character/personality I find appealing or interesting or intriguing, which is why I enjoy following Victoria--her warmth shines through in every photo...I am sure Dennism would also agree most wholeheartedly... Even Dennism must agree here...Toned glasses, which hide the beautiful expressive eyes (the best feature...in the sense of classic beauty and in the sense of expression/charisma) IMO don´t reflect the character (as much as I can judge it) of a certain wearer

Yes, yes. Everybody seems to know me so well and know what I would agree with. :) Yes, I agree with Lucys. It´s not the clothes per se. It´s that warmth, sincerity and natural grace that Lucys mentioned. And that smile. Her character and personality. shines through and that is for me, more important than the clothes she wears. Those glasses, I do not like. In fact, they distract one from her beautiful and expressive eyes. So I am in agreement on the glasses too. And spot on about Märtha Louise. While I do like her clothes and her sense of style, it´s the fact that she is a creative person and that she demonstrates her creativity for all of us to see, that is more appealing to me. Also we have similar interests and I like her personality. I must agree on the whole photos idea. I always find Royals in action(like they were Vin Diesel or Jean-Claude. :)) more interesting. I mean we here at this board see a lot more photos than we have chances to see the royals moving. A person being photographed often appears different than when you see them in a video or in person. More of their personality comes out when they are in motion.

Picture special from Expressen.
http://expressen.se/index.jsp?d=452&a=301135&i=0&g=0

Expressen talks about the hysteria around Victoria in Turkey. Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg compared it to the hysteria in Germany.
Expressen (extremely nice these days...maybe they have hoped or hope for an interview) also pointed out (with the help of interviews to the chef of the Swedish institute and to the Swedish consul general in Istanbul) how much Victoria can help the Swedish trade...
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=301175

Well I think all of them are keen on a interview. Which reporter would not? You definitley can see a change in Daniels style they both drive together in a limo to a concert. So I think an open interview where Victoria answers personal questions would be a major hit in Sweden and also some readers here might like that very much.

that picture really does look like Katie Holmes! I think its in the smile...they both are very beautiful people...

Dennism said:
Yes, yes. Everybody seems to know me so well and know what I would agree with. :) Yes, I agree with Lucys. It´s not the clothes per se. It´s that warmth, sincerity and natural grace that Lucys mentioned. And that smile. Her character and personality. shines through and that is for me, more important than the clothes she wears. Those glasses, I do not like. In fact, they distract one from her beautiful and expressive eyes. So I am in agreement on the glasses too. And spot on about Märtha Louise. While I do like her clothes and her sense of style, it´s the fact that she is a creative person and that she demonstrates her creativity for all of us to see, that is more appealing to me. Also we have similar interests and I like her personality. I must agree on the whole photos idea. I always find Royals in action(like they were Vin Diesel or Jean-Claude. :)) more interesting. I mean we here at this board see a lot more photos than we have chances to see the royals moving. A person being photographed often appears different than when you see them in a video or in person. More of their personality comes out when they are in motion.

I knew, that he would find an diplomatic answer :p
"Chocolate lover"...sounds kind of pervert...so as if I would sneak up to the chocolate, would unpack it and would force it to wander into my mouth...hmm, but that´s pretty much reality :rolleyes:

Ahh, the reality. I see. A Chocolate connoisseur. Countess of Chocolate. High Priestess of Chocolate.

Pictures from Korpapress (from the first day in Ankara). I must say this skirt makes her lower legs looking, as if she would play in the Swedish male soccer team (ironically I´ve often made fun of Daniels skinny lower legs :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 356
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 382
I really like the skirt she is wearing (I couldn't really see it before). It's pretty. Thanks for the photos.

Danielle said:
I really like the skirt she is wearing (I couldn't really see it before). It's pretty. Thanks for the photos.

You are welcome...Well, I also like the skirt...nice print...but I think this "queen Beatrix-skirt-length" is nothing for her...

Lena said:
You are welcome...Well, I also like the skirt...nice print...but I think this "queen Beatrix-skirt-length" is nothing for her...
You mean it's too long? I wear skirts that length sometimes. :(

Danielle said:
You mean it's too long? I wear skirts that length sometimes. :(

Nope...not generally. I just think it doesn´t look very good with her lower legs.

I feel almost cruel...I´ve complained about the black glasses (which must be similar to yours) and I´ve complained about the skirt (which must be similar to yours) :eek: ;) ...so maybe I should point out, that it differs from person to person, how things go with the face+body

Lena said:
Nope...not generally. I just think it doesn´t look very good with her lower legs.

I feel almost cruel...I´ve complained about the black glasses (which must be similar to yours) and I´ve complained about the skirt (which must be similar to yours) :eek: ;) ...so maybe I should point out, that it differs from person to person, how things go with the face+body
No, it's okay. Every item of clothing looks different on each person that wears it. No, I don't have a skirt like that. I just have a few which are below the knee (I'm paranoid about people seeing up my dress - I have learnt from experience that people can indeed see your underwear if you go up or down stairs :eek: ). My glasses are more like cat's eye glasses (the shape of them and not in black) so you didn't really offend me. :)

Lena said:
Pictures from Korpapress (from the first day in Ankara).

Keep wearing those glasses. They look perfect on her. The skirt is long but that´s okay. She was in Turkey. Not Mallorca. :)

soCal girl said:
that picture really does look like Katie Holmes! I think its in the smile...they both are very beautiful people...

I don't know that they look alike. Katie Holmes is very cute and good looking but she exudes a shyness and a naivete - something childlike about her. Crown Princess Victoria is very good looking but she exudes a confidence of a person who knows exactly who she is and what she's about.

The glasses look good but if I were in the spotlight all the time with people taking my picture everytime I turn around, I would definitely wear contacts. I understand there are times you do have to wear glasses instead of contacts (speaking from experience), but I think she should always wear contacts because she has beautiful eyes.

Last edited:
I found some more photos from Victorias trip to Turkey.

I know some of them are posted before in this thread, but as they all had huge marks written over them I thought perhaps it was better with these versions with smaller text that aren´t so visible and "all over her face"

photos from profimedia

Attachments

• NWS-411415.jpg
    NWS-411415.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 245
  • NWS-411425.jpg
    NWS-411425.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 285
  • NWS-411426.jpg
    NWS-411426.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 249
  • NWS-413607.jpg
    NWS-413607.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 227
  • NWS-413611.jpg
    NWS-413611.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 226
  • NWS-413672.jpg
    NWS-413672.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 248
  • NWS-413616.jpg
    NWS-413616.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 247
  • NWS-413615.jpg
    NWS-413615.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Victoria speaks with UNICEF Turkey Representative, Edmond McLoughney, Mr Talat Halman, President of the Turkish National Committee for UNICEF and the UNICEF Turkey Programme Coordinator, Lila Pieters, at the Swedish Embassy, Ankara
UNICEF Turkey

Keep wearing those glasses. They look perfect on her. The skirt is long but that´s okay. She was in Turkey. Not Mallorca. :)

Turkey is a secular country and everybody is free to wear what they want! Also, there are lots of places in here Turkey like Mallorca (even more beautiful than Mallorca) such as Antalya, Bodrum, Fethiye and every year lots of tourists prefer Turkey for this!

LadyFinn this is the article for your photo:
http://www.unicef.org/turkey/pc/gi21.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom