Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to the USA: November 3-8, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennism

Majesty
City
East of the sun and west of the moon
Country
United States
Anymore information on the trip to the East Coast? She was supposed to come last April.

In November this year she will go to Washington, New York ond Philadelphia.

She did not go to the US in April due to the War, She stayed in Sweden because her father and she is always near Sweden with things are not well in the world

Any new information is what I meant to say. I knew all of that. In April she was supposed to go the Philly and a small town near here called Swedesboro which was founded 350 years ago.

When is the trip to the US again? She was supposed to come last April. Also where will she be going? I want to go see her in person.

Originally posted by Dennism@Sep 29th, 2003 - 2:32 am
When is the trip to the US again? She was supposed to come last April. Also where will she be going? I want to go see her in person.
I found this in the last news thread.....

In November she will go to Washington, New York ond Philadelphia.
A few weeks later she will go to Egypt and visit a UN project in Cairo

www.delawareonline.com

Swedish princess to visit Del. briefly
Nov. trip rescheduled from April
By ROBIN BROWN
Staff reporter
10/05/2003

Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria plans to visit Delaware next month, after postponing a trip in April because of the Iraq war and terrorism concerns, organizers said.

But her visit Nov. 8 will be shorter than the full day planned in April for the 365th anniversary of the Swedes' and Finns' landing in Wilmington.

Victoria will be in Delaware only from about 11 a.m. until 1 or 2 p.m., said Delaware Swedish Colonial Society member Frances Allmond of Brandywine Hundred. "We're all very excited, of course, but we're just sorry that she won't be able to spend more time with us."

Alfred Nicolosi, spokesman for the Philadelphia-based Swedish Colonial Society that is hosting the 25-year-old princess, said the visit will be so short that the public will have little chance to see her.

Coming from a brief stay in New York, he said, the princess will visit three Wilmington sites:

• Fort Christina Park, where the Swedes landed in 1638 at a location called The Rocks and began the state's first permanent European settlement.

• The Kalmar Nyckel Shipyard, where she will tour the replica of the settlers' ship and meet members of the Lenape tribe, whose ancestors aided the early settlers.

• The Delaware History Museum, run by the Historical Society of Delaware on Wilmington's Market Street Mall, for a buffet reception in her honor.

The first two events will be free and open to the public, but the event at the museum will be by invitation only, Allmond said.

At the museum, the princess finally will get to see portraits displayed there of the Rev. Ericus Björk - the first pastor of Old Swedes Church, opened in 1698 - and his wife, Christina Stalcup. Officials from the Swedish embassy in Washington, D.C., stood in for the princess when she was to unveil them in April after restoration for their world debut.

The paintings, said to be the oldest oil portraits painted in Delaware, are on loan from a Stockholm museum and were restored in a project financed by the Swedish Colonial Society.

From Delaware, the princess is to visit Philadelphia, then leave the country that night.

Educated at Yale, she is the oldest child of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, who re-enacted the historic landing in Wilmington in 1988 for its 350th anniversary. She is next in line to the Swedish throne.

About 5 million Swedish-Americans live in the U.S., although there is no breakdown for Delaware, according to estimates from the Swedish Embassy in Washington, D.C.

Delaware's Swedish link is visible in historic Delaware sites such as Old Swedes Church and the many places and landmarks in the state named for the Swedish settlers' queen, Christina.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 442
Has anyone heard anymore about the 365th anniversary in Delaware? I am going (leaving from the midwest). I just requested the time off for this event. I am going to the two events and I really want to go to the museum buffet in her honor. But the buffet is only by invitation . Does anyone have any suggestions on how to recieve an invitation to attend? I would love to see the very Classy Crown Princess Victoria.

Originally posted by makeda@Oct 9th, 2003 - 9:49 pm
Has anyone heard anymore about the 365th anniversary in Delaware? I am going (leaving from the midwest). I just requested the time off for this event. I am going to the two events and I really want to go to the museum buffet in her honor. But the buffet is only by invitation . Does anyone have any suggestions on how to recieve an invitation to attend? I would love to see the very Classy Crown Princess Victoria.
Maybe you can call the Swedish Embassy

here is a link to thier webbsite
Embassy of Sweden

The Swedish-American Historical Museum is in Philadelphia too. Might want to see it too. Anyway, she should go to Swedesboro too. It was founded on the other side of the river in New Jersey so long ago. "Old Swedes' Church? That's in Swedesboro. Yes, a future queen will be near!

Originally posted by makeda@Oct 9th, 2003 - 2:49 pm
Don't forget your camera! I am sure it will be a good opportunity to snap a few pictures.

I wonder how many royal watchers and media will be there? I would enjoy checking it out too if it wasn't on the opposite coast.

I don't know how many royal watchers will be present. It appears as if she will be rushed through and an opportunity to see her might be limited, if at all. I was also aware that the buffet would not be a sit down dinner but quick as will. Also many of the sites that she would have seen were cancelled due to time. She is coming to honor her obligation (kind of like a thank you). I am still going. This is very unfortuate for me, becaue as things stand I might not be able to see her. I will try to visit sites in Philadelphia as Dennism suggested.

nice pics! Nice to see that she´s enjoying her holiday.
but the big question is: where is Daniel? And who´s that guy with her?

He looks like a bodyguard.

Lena  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 11:39 am
He looks like a bodyguard.
He looks fit enough, and mature enough to be a bodyguard. :blink:

Josefine  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 10:34 am
www.expressen.se/
.. but what do you make of the "body language" here ? :wacko:

Yennie  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 11:38 am
where is Daniel? And who´s that guy with her?
Is Victoria a "fast mover" ? Out with D2 and in with D3 ? :innocent:

I wonder if its a swedish player on the NY Rangers hockey team ? She did go and see a game the other night in NYC.

Also
from "Victoria and Daniel W's" thread
Cissan 
Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 2:26 am

One more picture from New York. The article is from Aftonbladet in Sweden.
Is the guy with his face turned this way Daniel ?

I´ve looked on the page of the rangers, and there´s currently no swedish player. Probably Daniel II said to Victoria, that he would love to see an US-ice-hockey-match.
Yes the guy in the Aftonbladet-picture is Daniel Westling.
The body language thing...do you mean that she´s very close to this man?...if I would be forced to have a bodyguard I would also try to make friends with him...such a man knows all intimate things of you.
I wonder if Victoria and Daniel go to a Halloween-party this night (but maybe Daniel is lying in the hotel room and is crying, because Victoria was so mean to him...and that´s the reason, why she´s walking alone through NYC :p )

Lena  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 4:50 pm

I´ve looked on the page of the rangers, and there´s currently no swedish player.
Lena .. there are 3 NHL hockey teams in NY, along with the visiting team. The 3 home teams are: NY Rangers, NY Islanders and New Jersey Devils. Sorry.

The body language thing...do you mean that she´s very close to this man?...if I would be forced to have a bodyguard I would also try to make friends with him...such a man knows all intimate things of you.
I don't think its a wise idea to get close to a bodyguard, because then the bodyguard loses focus.

.... (but maybe Daniel is lying in the hotel room and is crying ..
Because Victoria got the gumption to dump him, and not vice versa ?

Honestly I don´t know much about ice-hockey (I´m just watching all 4 years the finale at the olympic games)...and you´ve asked, if there are Swedes in the NY Rangers-team, and that´s why I´ve looked on their page (there is also mentioned, who made the goals yesterday). But it´s nice that you teach me a little bit...why not talking about other topics than Royalty...great chance to learn a lot.
Yes, in way you´re right, a person shouldn´t be to close to his/her bodyguard...but I would try to get along with/know the person, who protects me. Otherwise I would feel as if I would have a "stranger" most of the day around me.
The part with crying Daniel was just a joke...but of course it could be possible..I mean, that she dumps him. Why not? Maybe Victoria isn´t always just a victim?!

Lena  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 5:58 pm

Honestly I don´t know much about ice-hockey (I´m just watching all 4 years the finale at the olympic games)...and you´ve asked, if there are Swedes in the NY Rangers-team, and that´s why I´ve looked on their page (there is also mentioned, who made the goals yesterday). But it´s nice that you teach me a little bit...why not talking about other topics than Royalty...great chance to learn a lot.
so .. have you looked at the webpages of the other two teams ? :) because imo the guy is a hockey player.

The part with crying Daniel was just a joke...
I knew that. I take most stuff on this site wit a 'grain of salt' ... that is, with some humour. :)

Now I´ve looked on the pages of the other teams, and there are Swedes in the other teams. The New Jersey devil-site has no pictures of the swedish players...but I don´t think that he´s a player, Expressen would have recognized him!
Maybe he´s an old friend, which she knows since her studies in the USA or maybe he´s the son of her guest family...
Hehe, the "throw off" of my brain as source for new rumours (nice idea), I think it´s better if you further on don´t take that too serious....but I held the opinion that you have to search the reasons for a break up always on both sites...but we should stop this discussion about a possible break up...hey, that was just Expressen (!)-stuff! ;) ...maybe we will already watch a royal wedding in 2004 in Sweden.

Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to the USA; November 3-8, 2003

http://www.swedenabroad.com/pages/start____6989.asp

Crown Princess Victoria to Visit US

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will be in the United States from November 3rd through November 8th to study conflict resolution and participate in the 365th Jubilee of the New Sweden Colony - a settlement established in 1638 in what is now Wilmington, Delaware.

While in Washington, the Crown Princess will visit the Depar...
Read more

http://www.swedenabroad.com/pages/news____...8.asp&root=6989

31-10-2003
Crown Princess Victoria to Visit US

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will be in the United States from November 3rd through November 8th to study conflict resolution and participate in the 365th Jubilee of the New Sweden Colony - a settlement established in 1638 in what is now Wilmington, Delaware.

While in Washington, the Crown Princess will visit the Department of State, participate in seminars on international conflict resolution at the American University and at George Washington University, and participate in meetings at think tanks and the World Bank. The United States Holocaust Museum and the Library of Congress are also on the agenda.

On November 7th, the Crown Princess will be in New York for the opening of the Ilon Wiklund exhibit, Clearly First, and a gala dinner arranged by the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce at the Waldorf Astoria.

On November 8th, the Crown Princess will participate in the 365 year anniversary of the founding of New Sweden in Wilmington, DE and Philadelphia, PA.

http://www.colonialswedes.org/Headlines/CPV3.html

Crown Princess Victoria
to Visit Wilmington and Philadelphia

Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria, 26, will visit Wilmington on November 8th as part of the 365th Jubilee of the founding of the New Sweden colony in 1638.

Her Royal Highness is the eldest child of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia and heir to the Swedish throne. The king and queen visited Wilmington in 1988 to commemorate the 350th anniversary of the founding of the first permanent European settlement in the Delaware Valley.

Free public events include a wreath-laying ceremony at "The Rocks" in Fort Christina Park at 11 AM, followed by a tour of the Kalmar Nyckel at the shipyard at 11:30, and an appearance by the Lenape Tribe of Delaware.

At the Delaware History Museum, 5th and Market Streets, Crown Princess Victoria will make a private inspection of two recently discovered portraits of Rev. Erik Bjoörk, first pastor of Holy Trinity Church, and his wife, Christina Stalcop.

The princess will then travel to the American Swedish Historical Museum in Philadelphia to present the 2003 Spirit of Raoul Wallenberg Award to Sudanese humanitarian, Dr. Haruun Ruun.

Crown Princess Victoria
Photo: Mikael Jansson
Courtesy of The Royal Court, Stockholm

Attachments

• PrincessSM2.jpg
    PrincessSM2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 307
Originally posted by Cissan@Nov 1st, 2003 - 8:10 am
What's with the ring on her left finger???
im not sure!

Sara Boyce

I think it's just a ring. If I'm correct Europeans wear their wedding/engagement rings on their right hand except for the British and maybe a couple of others.

Cissan  Posted: Nov 1st, 2003 - 8:10 am

What's with the ring on her left finger???

That is english tradition. My mother - who is from Germany - like many other European women, wears her ring on her right hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom