Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to the USA: November 3-8, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do Americans wear their ring :eek: ? For me it just logical to wear it on the right hand, because the right hand is for most people the more important hand..so for me it´s clear to wear the ring of the most important person on your most important hand ;) Otherwise a ring on your writing/working...hand could be annoying during work.
But it´s funny the british people are driving left and they are wearing their wedding-ring on the left side.

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 1st, 2003 - 1:30 pm
Where do Americans wear their ring :eek: ? For me it just logical to wear it on the right hand, because the right hand is for most people the more important hand..so for me it´s clear to wear the ring of the most important person on your most important hand ;) Otherwise a ring on your writing/working...hand could be annoying during work.
But it´s funny the british people are driving left and they are wearing their wedding-ring on the left side.
It is thought traditional to wear your wedding band on the finger next to your pinkie on your left hand because it was believed that that finger on that hand was the closest to the artery that carried blood to your heart. Hence, a ring worn on that finger was believed to be closest to your heart.

are you sure that´s Daniel in the pic? It doesn´t look like him...?

Is Victoria a "fast mover" ? Out with D2 and in with D3
haha, who knows? It would be fun if she ended up with one more Daniel :lol:

"Lena .. there are 3 NHL hockey teams in NY, along with the visiting team. The 3 home teams are: NY Rangers, NY Islanders and New Jersey Devils. Sorry.'

Okay, folks. Little geography lesson for all of you not familiar with my lovely state.
But first, hey. She is going to the museum. I knew it. And while, the Devils are in New Jersey nobody near me, the real NJ(roughly 80 kms and the opposite of the Sopranos. The people near NY and the cities are the inspiration for a million jokes and it's what people first think of one you say New Jersey and we in the real NJ are a little tired of it!), cheer on the Philadelphia team. Or boo them as well. And I can't wait! Victoria! Victoria! Got the scanner to work!

"The body language thing...do you mean that she´s very close to this man?...if I would be forced to have a bodyguard I would also try to make friends with him...such a man knows all intimate things of you.
I don't think its a wise idea to get close to a bodyguard, because then the bodyguard loses focus."

That's why I'll never be a bodyguard. I would easily lose my focus. O, and the fact that I'm 5'2.

Just thought I'd put the link to the museum's website. They have a current exhibition of past royal visits to the museum:

http://www.americanswedish.org/index.html

Here's the site for the Kalmar Nyckel:

http://www.kalnyc.org/

We have a bunch of the tall ships in Wilmington and Philadelphia.

Here's the page for the Ol Swedes' Church which was built in the 1690s by....Swedes.

http://www.oldswedes.org/

Here's a little page in Svenska about the historical sites in Delaware:

http://www.visitdelaware.com/swedish.html

Dennism  Posted: Nov 1st, 2003 - 5:57 pm

"Lena .. there are 3 NHL hockey teams in NY, along with the visiting team. The 3 home teams are: NY Rangers, NY Islanders and New Jersey Devils. Sorry.'

Okay, folks. Little geography lesson for all of you not familiar with my lovely state ... the Devils are in New Jersey nobody near me, the real NJ (roughly 80 kms and the opposite of the Sopranos. The people near NY and the cities are the inspiration for a million jokes and it's what people first think of one you say New Jersey and we in the real NJ ....

Dennis,
my apologies ... I grew up on the west Coast, am a Vancouver Canuck fan, and it was once put to me that the Rangers, Islanders and Devils all cater to the population of NYC. And being ignorant of local geography there, I still am despite a trip to NYC last month.

You are so very right that 80 km is a distance away .... but still shorter than my thought to drive to Buffalo, NY about 150 km away to see hockey games that are sold out in Toronto.

KC

Dennis,

Does CP V's schedule work out, for you to nip down and get a couple of shots ?

Christian

I can get down there. No problem.

And finally, here's a page about the church in the town of....Swedesboro which is across the Delaware river in...New Jersey!

http://www.trinityswedesboro.org Changed the link.

I think all swedes wear their engagement- and weddingrings on their left hand.

starts today, so we can hope for some good pictures and articles....

I hope for an interview!

www.aftenposten.no

Kronprinsesse Victoria til USA

Sveriges kronprinsesse Victoria innledet mandag en seks dager lang reise i USA.

I starten av besøket skal kronprinsessen til Washington for å besøke det amerikanske utenriksdepartementet. Hun skal også delta på to seminarer om internasjonal konflikthåndtering, og hun skal treffe representanter for Verdensbanken.

Kronprinsesse Victoria skal også innom New York, før hun setter kursen for Philadephia og feiringen av 365-årsjubileet for kolonien New Sweden.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 300
Yes, a new interview would be great!
how long will she stay in the states?

I looked in a couple of the New York papers and I couldn't find anything for today. So few photos for the US audience. It's great to have the Internet though. Also in the main Washington papers. Maybe something tomorrow.

The first two days (today=Monday and tomorrow = Tuesday) of her official stay in the USA haven´t really an official character! She just visits courses on conflict resolution.

Okay but there were photos of her at the hockey game.

please send that pictures for show when she visit USA i want see that!

Sara Boyce

Victoria och Daniel ville avsluta kärlekssemestern med det bästa i hockeyväg. Superstjärnan Peter Forsberg.
Men han blev skadad - och de fick nöja sig med en dramatisk NHL-match.

Trots att det var över 20 grader varmt och en strålande dag i New York valde kronprinsessan Victoria, 26, och Daniel Westling, 30, att åka till New Jersey.
Peter Forsberg lockade.
Supersvenskens Colorado Avalanche mötte New Jersey Devils.

Which hockey game?
The hockey game she went to together with Daniel...

maybe there will be some pictures later tonight!

Looks like we will be getting some Swedish weather just in time. For the last week or so, it's been between 22-26 C here. Well, on Saturday, the high will be 10 C. Boo. Boo.

Don´t worry about the cold weather. I bet Victoria will make you feel hot! :p ;)

Haha, poor Dennism will burst out laughing, when he will see her, and when he will think of our stupid comments on this board. ;)

www.colourpress.com

New York, N.Y. USA, - Crown Princess Victoria and boyfriend Daniel Westling shopping in SoHo, New York City.

Attachments

• victoria_1.jpg
    victoria_1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 489
www.colourpress.com

New York, N.Y. USA, - Crown Princess Victoria and boyfriend Daniel Westling shopping in SoHo, New York City.

Attachments

• victoria_2.jpg
    victoria_2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 441
www.colourpress.com

Attachments

• victoria_3.jpg
    victoria_3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 400
Crown Princess Victoria was in Washington, DC today and attended a very low key (think paper cups) meeting at American University from about 10am - 1pm. Unfortunately, I didn't have the honor of meeting her (though I did get the chance to chat with her security detail) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom