Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to the USA: November 3-8, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not fair. They were allow to stand in front of her. I had to be off to the side. Boo, press people. Anyway, about time. There were at least 5 different photographers there.

Hey Dennis,
:flower:
I think I write on behalf of everybody who has contributed here over the last week or week ... I'd like to see your photo's !!!!
:flower: :flower:
Christian

Are you on the photos too, Dennism?

Well, then I would get something to deflate that dinghy and happen to be sailing by and be able to save just one. Olsen Twins. I hope she isn't a fan. I don't know if it's a dealbreaker but still. That ship is a replica of an old one. It was built 5 years ago.

I like her profile in these photos.

"To escape the terrible and ugly trains in europe-that would be a motivation to become princess "

Well, they are a lot better than the ones here.

Yes, I am.

Here's the first one. Walking from the ship to the area where the Lenape did their ceremony.

sunday,%20november%2009,%202003%20(7).jpg

Walking the line as they say:

sunday,%20november%2009,%202003.jpg

Stopping to talk to man in 17th century dress:
sunday,%20november%2009,%202003%20(8).jpg

Receiving the wreath:

sunday,%20november%2009,%202003%20(10).jpg

At the monument to the settlers:

sunday,%20november%2009,%202003%20(6).jpg

Walking from the Park to the ship area:

sunday,%20november%2009,%202003%20(2).jpg

Walking with the 17th century man again:

sunday,%20november%2009,%202003%20(4).jpg

It was rather windy:

sunday,%20november%2009,%202003%20(3).jpg

talking to various people:

sunday,%20november%2009,%202003%20(5).jpg

Upclose on the previous one. Hard time on this one.

sunday,%20november%2009,%202003%20(9)b.jpg

As she was walking the line. Moments before she shook my hand. I played it cool.

sunday,%20november%2009,%202003%20(12).jpg

Thanx a bunch for sharing your pics. They are great, especially the last one. And it´s incredible how genuine her smile is all the time (not just to the cameras of the professional photographers, but to EVERYONE!)
And where are you, Dennism?

Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 9th, 2003 - 7:17 pm
Well, then I would get something to deflate that dinghy and happen to be sailing by and be able to save just one.
Daniel Westling? :rolleyes:

:eek: I´ve always thought, that travelling by train is really comfortable in the USA. And maybe I´m wrong, but I think, that Victoria had to travel from Stanford to NYC (to visit her sweetie alias Daniel I) by train.

"I´ve always thought, that travelling by train is really comfortable in the USA."

Wrong. No, it isn't really. And no I wouldn't save Daniel. I would call for help for him as Victoria and I sail off into the sunset together.

Well, I was mostly behind the rope, literally. Except for 6 and 8 when I was walking in the street and she was on sidewalk. Speaking of, very little security around especially for her to walk out in the open like that for about 3 minutes.

I showed a friend of mine the photos and she knows of my interest in Victoria. I do believe she mentioned the phrase "followed her around like a little puppy". Anyway, she said that Victoria is very pretty but those glasses do not suit her.
She said Victoria should wear these ones instead:

949948388.jpg

Ha ha ... I'd like to see that. Dennis and Daniel fighting in the water trying to "save" Victoria, and Victoria getting the giggles and ........ (come on Moosey - I need some words here)...

If he's a trainer, he would crush me. However, I will use guile and cunning to defeat him. She would find it all ridiculous. But then again I hope my Apollonian strategy mentioned before would win her heart.

I'm sure there's more I can tell you all about. The ceremony at the American-Swedish Historical museum was nice. Good food too. Little meatballs dipped in cranberry sauce. Shrimp on tortilla chips. Little balls of potatoes and herring mixed together. I liked that the most. The speech by the recepient of the Wallenberg award was good. His story is an inspirational moment. Funny moment happened when Victoria was going to shake his hand and handing him the trophy. He noted in his speech that he gave her his left hand to shake because he has no right arm. It's a prosthetic. Anyway, the ceremony at the museum was the best thing about the events on Saturday. It was a great setting for such an occasion. And I got in despite it being a private event. Maybe somebody spoke for me?

Well, it was so cool being there and everything. At the ceremony, a lot of people with Swedish heritage who aren't royal watchers were very impressed with her. I know she hates to be considered a symbol of Sweden but if she didn't people would be very happy with her as one. When she came out of the Delaware Historical Museum, I was there and then I waved to her as her limo drove on by. It's just not every day you see royalty although with Monaco's connections to the area, you do have a good chance once in awhile. But that being said, she is down to earth. You could see her in her interactions with children and adults alike. While there was security and all, you still had chances to be near her and you could have talked to her more were it not for the guides. You know the type. They'll tell you what you should know from their point of view. One even pointed out, when she was walking the line, a big contributor to one of the foundations involved. I hate politics like that. But diplomacy requires these things.

This is at the American-Swedish Historical Museum.

COLOUR10019795.jpg

COLOUR10019794.jpg

COLOUR10019792.jpg

On the landing halftway up the steps at the museum:

COLOUR10019790.jpg

This is while she was waiting for the ceremony to begin. She was standing at the top of the steps.

COLOUR10019789.jpg

COLOUR10019788.jpg

Photos from earlier in the day:

COLOUR10019818.jpg

COLOUR10019821.jpg

COLOUR10019819.jpg

Helped to plant a tree in the same area where her father planted one 15 years ago:

COLOUR10019816.jpg

COLOUR10019815.jpg

During the Lenape ceremony:

COLOUR10019813.jpg

COLOUR10019812.jpg

COLOUR10019811.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom