Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to the USA: November 3-8, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 9th, 2003 - 2:50 pm
Alexandria  Posted: Nov 9th, 2003 - 2:39 pm

07-11-2003. New York City-NY-USA, November 7 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden arrives at the Waldorf Astoria hotel to attend the "Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce annual Gala Dinner."

She has a little bit of the "I'm beat" look.

Wonder if she has a glass of Absolut to pucker up ? :flower:
I don´t know, how you feel after a glass of ABSOLUT (we are talking of 8 oz or 330ml, aren´t we)...but THEN I´m really beat ;) So maybe she had already a glass of good old Absolut ;)

8 oz would put me to sleep. ;)

I was thinking a shot glass .. or what's called a shooter. :innocent:

Hehe, I know this as shooter too...and if we look at the long life of Queen mum (who had a few shooters more) it can´t be completely wrong ;)
Is it just me, or does it really look at some of these pics, as if she would already have wrinkles around her eyes?!

karolinabraganza  Posted: Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:09 am

the same dress from a few months ago ... and now US-visit. her bust has disappeared in comparison to the earlier event

imo this is a boo-boo, this interpretation.

In Sweden in August, her shoulders are folded forward.
And in New York the other night, her shoulders are back.

However, her biceps (upper arms) appear to have become toned into a smoother curve.

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 9th, 2003 - 3:25 pm
karolinabraganza  Posted: Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:09 am

the same dress from a few months ago ... and now US-visit. her bust has disappeared in comparison to the earlier event

imo this is a boo-boo, this interpretation.

In Sweden in August, her shoulders are folded forward.
And in New York the other night, her shoulders are back.

However, her biceps (upper arms) appear to have become toned into a smoother curve.
But I agree with Karolinabraganza, KC :p I would say she has lost at least 3-5 Kilogramms or 6-10 pounds.
"Cake on the make up"-never heard this phrase :blush:

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 9th, 2003 - 3:34 pm
"Cake on the make up"-never heard this phrase :blush:
I think she looks great... if you had as many pictures of you taken as Victoria I am sure you would have a few little wringles around the eyes too... also she is SMILING and sort of squinting!!
"Cake on the make-up", huh Christian.. you are a hoot!

Lena  Posted: Nov 9th, 2003 - 3:34 pm

But I agree with Karolinabraganza, KC I would say she has lost at least 3-5 Kilogramms or 6-10 pounds.
"Cake on the make up"-never heard this phrase

5 lbs ... ok.

I exaggerated with the "make up" .... so much 'make up', that her face cracks when she smiles. ;)

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 9th, 2003 - 3:53 pm
Lena  Posted: Nov 9th, 2003 - 3:34 pm

But I agree with Karolinabraganza, KC I would say she has lost at least 3-5 Kilogramms or 6-10 pounds.
"Cake on the make up"-never heard this phrase

5 lbs ... ok.

I exaggerated with the "make up" .... so much 'make up', that her face cracks when she smiles. ;)
Ah, now I got the point...but I would say the purveyor of the court has to deliver more make-up-boxes for her sis´than for Victoria. ;)

5 ibs-JUST 5 ibs?!-you have to admit at least 5,25 ibs, to make me satisfied :p

Well, I thought she looked tonier on this trip. I think I said that before and yesterday I saw evidence of that. Also she had marvelous posture yesterday at the museum.

Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 9th, 2003 - 4:17 pm
Well, I thought she looked tonier on this trip. I think I said that before and yesterday I saw evidence of that. Also she had marvelous posture yesterday at the museum.
Maybe she looks tonier (do you mean, she had more chic? or that she looked more muscular) in real?! As I´ve said once before a lot of people think that Victoria looks different on press-photos and in real. I´ve heard this from Ritva (www.ritva.com) and other people, and here : http://w1.861.telia.com/~u86107051/monarchy.html a guy has described this phenomenon (scroll down to "EXHIBIT C"-and please don´t take it too serious ;) )

One characteristic I like about Victoria, is that she has strong definition to her face. Every angle is a new side of her. She also a strong jawed look, which she shows once an engagement (?), like below :

I wonder how 'distinguished service' on Amtrak compares to the Royal Train in Sweden ?

Attachments

• v7.jpg
    v7.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 139
  • vc.jpg
    vc.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if there´s a Royal train?! I remember that in Spetember 1997 Victoria did a train-journey with her parents through Lapland. But I think it was a train of the swedish railway Association (probably the wrong term), prepared for the Royal family. I have got a video-tape, in which Victoria pilots the train, she wears the cap of the engine driver in it-very cute ;)
To escape the terrible and ugly trains in europe-that would be a motivation to become princess ;)

Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Willmington-DE-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: Princess Victoria visiting the old Swedes Church, the oldest church in the country.

Attachments

• 232.jpg
    232.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 140
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Willmington-DE-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: Princess Victoria visiting the old Swedes Church, the oldest church in the country.

Attachments

• 355.jpg
    355.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 130
Polfoto 09-11-2003 - Willmington-DE-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: rincess Victoria during her visit in Delaware.

Attachments

• SW_victoria_508e.jpg
    SW_victoria_508e.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 145
My error ... Royal Car .. would probably describe it better what I meant to indicate.

BTW: the old king in Denmark was renown for being a speed freak at the controls of trains.

Here's a picture of a ship that Victoria toured in New Sweden, USA. Again, a far cry in living standards in comparison to todays yachts. A privy for the captains cabin and the bow for everybody else. Today's ships seem to be designed around one privy for the captain, a few for the officers, a couple more for the crew crew, two down below for engineering, one each for the haute couture passengers, maybe some shared ones for second class pass.'s, a row for the paying customers :)

Attachments

• ship3.jpg
    ship3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 135
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Willmington-DE-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: Princess Victoria arriving fron New-York to Willmington , Delaware by train.

Attachments

• SW_victoria_508f.jpg
    SW_victoria_508f.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 122
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Willmington-DE-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: Princess Victoria during her visit in Delaware.

Attachments

• 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 134
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: rincess Victoria during her visit in Delaware.

Attachments

• 245.jpg
    245.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 167
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Philadelphia-PA-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA.

Attachments

• SW_victoria_508g.jpg
    SW_victoria_508g.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 162
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Philadelphia-PA-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA.

Attachments

• SW_victoria_508h.jpg
    SW_victoria_508h.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 192
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Willmington-DE-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: Princess Victoria meeting with Indians in Delaware.

Attachments

• 536.jpg
    536.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 117
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Willmington-DE-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: Princess Victoria dancing with indian during her visit in Delaware.

Attachments

• 346.jpg
    346.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 134
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Willmington-DE-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: Princess Victoria meeting with Indians during her visits in Delaware.

Attachments

• SW_victoria_507c.jpg
    SW_victoria_507c.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 126
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Willmington-DE-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: Princess Victoria meeting with Indians during her visits in Delaware.

Attachments

• 321.jpg
    321.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 121
Polfoto 08-11-2003 - Willmington-DE-USA, November 8 2003. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden during her last day in the USA, Pictured: Princess Victoria in front of the original ship KALMAR NYCKEL who brought new Sweden's first settlers to the New World in 1638.

Attachments

• SW_victoria_507f.jpg
    SW_victoria_507f.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 125
Yes, but there are a lot of rich people, who buy now such an "old-fashioned"sailing-ship, because they want to show that they are more special than people, who "just" can buy motor-yachts.
But I guess Victoria would be already satisfied with a rubber dinghy, as long as she can be there with her beloved Daniel (II-of course) and with an huge umbrella, which protects them against the paparazzi :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom