Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Cairo, Egypt: November 17-21, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Må 17-Fre 21/11
Besök vid "The Millenium Development Goals- A Tool for Development" en workshop arrangerad av UNDP (United Nations Development Program)
Kairo
Kronprinsessan

Five (5) days in Cairo !!!

Should be a lot of functions in the evenings for her to attend. Can anybody dig up a program ?

When (on what date) is she flying off to Cairo (from Madrid) ?

I don´t think that there will be galas etc. I guess there will be rather hundreds of pics, which show Victoria cuddling with underprivileged/poor kids...similiar to the pics, which were made in Jordan 2001. And/or maybe pics, which show her in business suits.

I would imagine there will be at least one gala ..... people are the same around the world, rubbing shoulders with royalty is everyone's ambition. :flower:

Maybe one gala or two. But I'd imagine that she will be hanging out with a lot of poor and sickly children as well.

(the seed has borne fruit ..)...... will we see Victoria in a hairstyle other than a ponytail on this engagement ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 18th, 2003 - 11:34 am
(the seed has borne fruit ..)...... will we see Victoria in a hairstyle other than a ponytail on this engagement ?
Since we are playing hair dresser here, I'd like to see Victoria sporting some loose curls for some semi-formal event. And if she has an evening event, how about a French twist?

Nice ideas Alexandria!
But I like this hair style in the pictures too, and it doesn´t seem to be elaborate/compliceted to do.
But I fear this will be a very boring study-week...no galas, no casual Victoria with poor kids, and maybe even not pics of Victoria at the pyramids. But we will see...

I think you're right, Lena, if Victoria is visiting impoverished towns or less fortunate kids, it wouldn't be very politically correct for her to show up all dolled up and done to the nines in her finest hair and wear, would it?

Maybe she can save the curls and French twist dos for pre-wedding and wedding festivities for Frederik and Mary or Felipe and Letizia.

A 'French twist' .... nice.

Wonder what a Swedish twist looks like ? :)

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 18th, 2003 - 12:06 pm
A 'French twist' .... nice.

Wonder what a Swedish twist looks like ? :)
a swedish twist is a pony-tail :p
I´m not 100% sure, but isn´t a french twist that, what was typical for Grace kelly???
And why are they drinking water/soda out of wine-glasses (water as "decoration" as long as the photographers are there?)???

When I attend benefits here (US), or even just a more formal business meeting, we drink water from glasses like those in the pictures, but we call them water goblets...wine glasses are a bit smaller.

Originally posted by Britters@Nov 18th, 2003 - 12:23 pm
...wine glasses are a bit smaller.
Not "my" wine-glasses :p

OKay well then let's go with "formal" wine glasses, used at hotels and what not, because I honestly don't think my personal wine glasses (not that I can use them yet :innocent: )are much smalled then these either...

Originally posted by Britters@Nov 18th, 2003 - 12:29 pm
OKay well then let's go with "formal" wine glasses, used at hotels and what not, because I honestly don't think my personal wine glasses (not that I can use them yet :innocent: )are much smalled then these either...
good compromise ;)

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 18th, 2003 - 12:21 pm
a swedish twist is a pony-tail :p
Good one! :lol:

I´m not 100% sure, but isn´t a french twist that, what was typical for Grace kelly???

I think Grace Kelly ususually wore a chignon as opposed to a French twist. Chignons were very much the rage in the fifties and sixties. Jacqueline Kennedy often wore them, too, even with her short bob.

(Aren't Felipe, Frederik, Haakon, et. al lucky to never have to think about whether they should wear their hair in a French twist or a chignon or a bun?! ;) All they have to do really is wash and brush their hair so that it's not all mussed up -- although Hugh Grant has made the tousled, bed head look very popular for men!)

All men are lucky...especially when it comes to preparing themselves for special events...let's face it, they have to shower, brush their hair and take a whole 10 minute (maybe not even that), to pick a suit and dress. Women have to shower, blow-dry, style, find the appropriate outfit, find appropriate accessories, make-up...the list can go on and on and on....I think I might actually be jealous!

And men wonder why we shop...look at everything we must wear to any given event!!! ;)

...and if the woman is accompanying her husband, has to find time to 'dress' him as well. ;)

Yes, yes. I'm not one to complain. I like the casual look there. Bottled water too.

:lol: Hee hee hee, so true Alexandria!!! So so true!

And those goblets. Of course, the guy could be watching the Style Channel or find out from his female relatives what he should do. Well, at least a smart guy would.

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 18th, 2003 - 3:03 pm
...and if the woman is accompanying her husband, has to find time to 'dress' him as well. ;)
Tell me, where can I meet these men who will let me dress them, as well? Every guy I've ever known well enough to suggest what he should or shouldn't wear has had a mind of his own and resisted my good taste in clothes! ;)

:flower: My brother ... but he's taken. You sure it aint that hormonal thing that gets in the way? :blush:

I've found subtle hints work the best, I've manged to sway many a male into dressing at least a little bit "better." I use the term better loosly because I've coherced them into dressing in a stlye more similar to mine, not necissarily better then anything or anyone else/

Men can be sneaky though. A former boyfriend had the most hideous shoes - let's just say that he was a big Elvis fan and took the "Blue Suede Shoes" thing too literally - and loved these shoes to death but let me tell you they were the most hideous things in the world. I refused to be seen in public with him if he was wearing these shoes, but if we ever agreed to meet up somewhere for dinner or whatever, he'd show up in these shoes. He knew that we were already out and that I couldn't force him to turn around and change into different shoes like I would if we were at his place, or simply refuse to go out period.

what's the matter with blue shoes ? you should have seen me in Heathrow Airport in 2000 ... I was all agog at Brits wearing their green, orange and yellow shoes, and these are business men we're talking about. :)

Well, I don't have these problems. I'm a conservative dresser. No orange or chartreuse for me. The brightest thing I have is red and it's a neutral red. Hardly neon.

watching a soccer-match without Daniel Westling-hard times for Victoria. ;)

...but Sweden lost the game :cry:

Victoria looks nice when she is dressed in casual clothes...

Wasn´t it just a friendly match? I agree, she looks nice and very happy (even without Daniel II) Maybe the swedish Soccer-players were distracted through their lovely fan Victoria :p Usually Victoria just adores Daniel II in sport-matches ;)

Back
Top Bottom