Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Australia: March 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josefine said:
she is there
see the grey hair

Gah, a few seconds and my hopes are gone :D ETW has worn this jacket before, probably she has already worn it in the 80ties..at least it looks, as if it would be directly from then.
Thank you Josefine for the fast reaction.

josefine:

some links for newspapers would be

www.heraldsun.com.au

www.theage.com.au

they are the 2 biggest newspapers in melbourne and they have had a few stories...herald sun is more your pictorial newspaper while the age will probably have more articles about her visit

also try www.news.com.au and i'm not sure about sydney but i think there is the telegraph or something like that from what i remember

and for those of you still wanting to know the time here its 9.45am and now i'm off to fed square to try and see royalty

hope that helps

smudge said:
and for those of you still wanting to know the time here its 9.45am and now i'm off to fed square to try and see royalty

hope that helps

Good morning and
23_1_11.gif

Pics from newspix (sorry for the annoying watermarks)

Attachments

• Aus2.jpg
    Aus2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Aus3.jpg
    Aus3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 327
  • Aus4.jpg
    Aus4.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Aus1.jpg
    Aus1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 153
Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden enjoys presentations at Federation Square on March 11, 2005 in Melbourne, Australia

Attachments

• Victoria.jpg
    Victoria.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 147
And here is another one from the National Gallery:

Attachments

• Victoria2.jpg
    Victoria2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 133
More from the Swedish Style design exhibition at Federation Square on March 11, 2005

Attachments

• Victoria6.jpg
    Victoria6.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Victoria12.jpg
    Victoria12.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Victoria11.jpg
    Victoria11.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Victoria10.jpg
    Victoria10.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Victoria9.jpg
    Victoria9.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Victoria8.jpg
    Victoria8.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Victoria7.jpg
    Victoria7.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Victoria5.jpg
    Victoria5.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Victoria4.jpg
    Victoria4.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Victoria3.jpg
    Victoria3.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 147
More from the Style Design Exhibition. In the first one she is in a Scania truck. Move over, John Barrymore!

Attachments

• Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 138
  • VictoriaSD4.jpg
    VictoriaSD4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 240
  • VictoriaSD3.jpg
    VictoriaSD3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 160
  • VictoriaSD2.jpg
    VictoriaSD2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 149
  • VictoriaSD.jpg
    VictoriaSD.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 211
A few more from the exhibition:

Attachments

• VictoriaSD5.jpg
    VictoriaSD5.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 181
  • VictoriaSD6.jpg
    VictoriaSD6.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 173
  • VictoriaSD7.jpg
    VictoriaSD7.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 206
  • VictoriaSD8.jpg
    VictoriaSD8.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
More from Getty:

Attachments

• VictoriaSD9.jpg
    VictoriaSD9.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 220
  • VictoriaSD10.jpg
    VictoriaSD10.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 254
Once again, thank you everyone for the photos and articles. It's much appreciated. While I really love Victoria's dress in the above photos, I think she should have chosen better shoes. They don’t seem to match very well.

Couple of photos from Aftonbladet which has an article which basically says that lots of people cheered her on at the environmental seminar yesterday. Victoria was dumbfounded over the amount of people at the National Gallery. She said:

"I have been looking forward to this visit. This is a really fantastic country. I believe that this will be quite the fun evening tonight."

Attachments

• vickan_1.jpg
    vickan_1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 224
  • vickan_2.jpg
    vickan_2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
What I really love about Australia: You are ahead with the time, so we get pics for breakfast (and of course I would love your warm weather. Is there any Aussie, who wants to exchange the Australian summer for a too late Austrian winter? ;) I´ve to go out then...brrr)
Thank you so much for the many new photos, Dennis :) :) :)
I agree on the shoes...I´ve seen nicer ballerina-shoes, but probably they are comfy, when you have to run around the whole day.
Looks as if this is again a new piece of clothing (don´t have the time to check...I remember, that she has worn a black dress similar to this several times before) Has queen Silvia won in the swedish bingo-lottery? ;)

Lena said:
What I really love about Australia: You are ahead with the time, so we get pics for breakfast (and of course I would love your warm weather. Is there any Aussie, who wants to exchange the Australian summer for a too late Austrian winter? ;) I´ve to go out then...brrr)
Yes, I will gladly swap. Honestly, I hate the warm weather here. Just too hot and muggy for my liking. Snow would be nice, but I would probably get too cold, and whinge about that too. :p
Thank you so much for the many new photos, Dennis :) :) :)
I agree on the shoes...I´ve seen nicer ballerina-shoes, but probably they are comfy, when you have to run around the whole day.
Yes, maybe they are comfy, but they still look really out of place.

not much colours but not that bad of a dress
not much going on today i think there will be a meeting with students that study swedish but nothing like a event in the evening

I had a look on the news, and not once have they mentioned Crown Princess Victoria. She's just as important as Mary is.

Danielle said:
I had a look on the news, and not once have they mentioned Crown Princess Victoria. She's just as important as Mary is.

Victoria looks so lovely and radiant.Thanks all for photos.

Hear Hear. Excluding the fact that Mary is from Australia and that I´m biased, I would say that she is just as important in that she will be a regent queen. That being said, it´s not a total surprise. You´re welcome. It was fun posting the photos. Glad you liked them

It was probably terribly expensive to send Aftonbladet´s Daniel Nyhlén to Australia. So he has to write a daily column. Here is his newest piece (lack of a good writing style as usual):
He tells that "Vickan" was welcomed yesterday of hundreds of Aussies (yeah yeah ;) ). He admits that Mary and Frederik get the bigger headlines, but he doesn´t hesitate to say, that an Australian tabloid came up with the headline "It´s time för the Swedish blast"
Victoria is wise enough to stay away from him and tells him only flowery phrases ("this is a fantastic country")

Vickan slog ner som en bomb

victoria11.jpg

SVENSK STIL Victoria levde upp till "Swedish style" med sin kreation i lila som hon bar på den kungliga galamidagen.
Foto: SCANPIX
vic4.jpg

Foto: SCANPIX
MELBOURNE.
En sån succé, Vickan!
När kronprinsessan Victoria inledde sitt Australienbesök möttes hon av ett jubel utan dess like.
- Det här är ett fantastiskt land, säger hon.

Kronprinsessan Victoria kunde inte ha fått en bättre start på sin Australienresa. I går kväll var hon hedersgäst under den kungliga galamiddagen på Nationalgalleriet i Melbourne.
Hundratals nyfikna australiensare var samlade för att välkomna Victoria med jubel, svenska flaggor och hurrarop.
"Hon är så söt"
- Hon är en så söt prinsessa. Det är nästan så att man önskar att hon var vår egen. Jag har alltid gillat den svenska kungafamiljen, de verkar så jordnära, säger Margreth Humble, 53.
Victoria, klädd i en lila klänning med uppsatt hår, såg aningen paff ut över det massiva mottagandet men log och vinkade glatt till folket.

En rolig kväll
-Jag har sett fram emot det här besöket. Det är ett fantastiskt land. Jag tror att det här blir en riktigt rolig kväll, sa hon.
Den kungliga yran i landet är stor. Kronprins Frederik och hans Mary har precis avslutat sitt besök och den australienska pressen är fylld med färgglada förstasidor av den danska prinsen och hans hustru från Tasmanien.

Den svenska bomben
Men även Victoria får stor uppmärksamhet.
"It´s time för the Swedish blast" (Det är dags för den svenska bomben), skriver en av skvallertidningarna.
Under middagen minglade flera svenska kändisar med kronprinsessan, bland andra Eva Dahlgren, Efva Attling och Carl Jan Granqvist.

Gäst hos Wells
Victorias besök sker i samband med den svenska designtilställningen "The Swedish style" som pågår i Melbourne och Sydney.
Under fullspäckade dagar kommer kronprinsessan bland annat inviga utställningar, besöka svensk-tyska universitetet och kolla in krokodiler och koalor under ett vildmarksbesök.
På lördag är Victoria hedersgäst på Robert Wells premiärspelning av den australienska Rhapsody in Rock-turnén.
- Det ska verkligen bli coolt att spela för henne här nere, säger Wells.

Danielle said:

Of course she is. But I think it´s pretty normal, that the Australian press covers Mary´s stay more. They know, that mags with her on the cover sell. Mary might be a dane now, but I guess for many Aussies, she´s still one of them.
Victoria and Charles had bad luck with this date. But I would say, ppl, who are interested in Sweden will go there, no matter, if Victoria has done a photoshooting for VOGUE Australia or not. I don´t think, that more or less ppl would have cared, when she would have gone (would go) to Australia in March 2004 or 2006.

Well, here is an article from Expressen praising Victoria´s new sense of style:

Victoria´s new bold or daring style

Crown Princess Victoria´s new style is more bold than ever before. Her deep decolletage provoked admiration in fashion circles.

-At last she is has a style that is daring and immensely becoming, said
fashion designer Marina Kereklidou. The deep V-neck blouse, I guess, has found its place with a number of European princesses.

-They must be also following a trend, said Marina Kereklidou.

Victoria in her trip to Australia has charmed all from journalists to the "people" in her appearance on TV. Professional and nice, she also showed good character after her appearance on the morning show Sunrise yesterday morning, local time.

Praising Victoria

Star Reporter Melissa Doyle who interviewed Victoria on Sunrise, praised her without restraint:

-She is the kind of girl you would like to invite to be together with your friends.

Yesterday, Victoria showed yet more of herself. The otherwise so traditional and cautious-clad princess tested out a considerably bolder style than before. Dressed in a deep, low-cut dress, she visited a Investment center in Melbourne. There she caused great enthusiasm in the world of Swedish fashion.

Smart Style

-I think she has been great(super-duper). It is good that she has received help and has found a little smart style of her own, said Marina Kereklidou. She is very capably representing Sweden. She now has a style that people are noticing and showing evidence of this style can only be good in this context, I believe.

The style of the increasingly bold low-cut blouse or dress has been a new trend especially in the last year among such popstars as Shirley Clamp and Jill Johnsson. Now it has found a place among the European princesses:

-They are just following the trends and the trend right now is low-cut and to show more of the bust, said Marina Kereklidou.

Last edited:
Honestly, who knew the Swedes were so stylish?? Victoria has really impressed me these past two days. I was always a bit disappointed in her, being so young (compared to the other 'Crown Princesses') and dressing so.. drab.

My impression of her has began to change since this visit. Hopefully she'll keep up this new, refreshing look when she returns home.

an article from the herald sun...it was on page 11 so not exactly front page (that was mary) but at least she is getting written about

swede is queen of style

one nordic princess passed the baton to another yesterday as crown princess victoria of sweden flew in and princess mary of denmark flew out.
princess victoria is visitng melbourne for six days as part of a swedish trade expo
the 27 year old is patron of swedish style australia, an initiative of the swedish goverment to raise the profile of contemporary sweden to aussies
the trade expo focuses on all thigns swedish, including fashion, food, environmental issues and exports
the heir to the throne will also attend the sweish style runway parade at federation square as part of the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival on tuesday night
She flies to Sydney next wednesday

so i had my first taste of royalty today and i loved it!

i went to fed square today in between shopping and saw princess victoria and it was amazing. i couldn't believe royalty was standing in front of me

i'm also going to the fashion week so i hope i see her there too but i'm not counting on it...i can't believe shes in melbourne for a week how awsome considering we only had 6 hours of mary and fred a week is amazing

lena i would trade our summer for a winter..like danielle i dont really care for the hot weather although knowing melbourne it will be cold tomorrow

more blabbing from me...i feel like a little reporter for princess voctoria but i'm loving it!

this is from the herlad sun gossip type of section

dancing queen
being a walking encyclopedia on all things royal, marwick did have some trivia to share.
we hear the mother of crown princess victoria of sweden who arrived in melbourne yesterday inspired abba to write dancing queen because as a young woman she liked to kick up her heels
makes all the more sense to hear that princess victoria will be soaking up a matinee performance of mamma mia! on sunday

you know how you guys were talking about victoria being in melbourne for her name day? what is the name day? and if it makes her feel more at ease she will be in melbourne, victoria hehe :)

princess victoria at a reception tonight...i'm sure there will be a bit in the papers tomorrow if it was a state reception with the premier so i will keep everyone posted

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 284
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/03/11/princessvictoria/

Princess Mary of Denmark isn't the only fashion-savvy royal taking a jaunt down under this week. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden also jetted into Melbourne on Thursday, kicking off a six-day visit.

The 27-year-old future queen made a stunning entrance at a royal gala dinner at the National Gallery in Melbourne, looking ready for the red carpet as she stepped out of a sleek silver car. Princess Victoria showed off her glamorous side, choosing a fitted Asian-inspired violet silk gown for the occasion, with diamond earrings setting off the ensemble.

Fashion was once again on the agenda as the princess attended the Swedish Style exhibition, a showcase of the country's creativity and design on Friday. This time the young royal stepped out in a little black dress and trendy flats, a la Audrey Hepburn. However, her demure outfit did not stop Victoria from demonstrating her versatility – and sense of humour – as she took to the wheel of an enormous Swedish truck, laughing along with onlookers and photographers alike.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200503/s1321779.htm

Bracks welcomes Swedish Princess

Victorian Premier Steve Bracks has hosted an official reception at Federation Square for the Crown Princess of Sweden.

Crown Princess Victoria arrived in Melbourne yesterday for a six-day visit as part of a Swedish design exhibition.

Mr Bracks has welcomed the Princess and thanked her for strengthening the friendship between Sweden and Victoria.

He listed the Swedes who have had an impact on Melbourne, including a number of famous tennis players.

"Stefan Edberg, Mats Wilander, Thomas Johannsen, we know them very well," he said.

"They are fierce competitors and they are great ambassadors for your country as well.

"And of course the connection between Melbourne and Stockholm as Olympic cities also. And the arrival of Abba in 1977."

smudge said:
princess victoria at a reception tonight...i'm sure there will be a bit in the papers tomorrow if it was a state reception with the premier so i will keep everyone posted

i love the shoes in this picture.

...and the black dress she wore earlier on. definately a revinvention of the little black dress, with the adorable white ribbon detail as well.

Pictures from Rex and AFP without watermark!

Source: Hello! Magazine

On Friday, the future queen made a fashionable statement in an Audrey Heburn style little black dress
Photo: © AFP

The demure outfit didn't stop her from taking to the wheel of an enormous truck, however, laughing along with onlookers

Stunning in violet silk, Victoria attends a gala dinner at the National Gallery in Melbourne
Photo: © Rex

Attachments

• victoria-dop2a.jpg
    victoria-dop2a.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 157
  • victoria-dop3a.jpg
    victoria-dop3a.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 172
  • victoria-dop1a.jpg
    victoria-dop1a.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 257
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the live-report (plus the HELLO-article and the new pic), smudge
4_1_114.gif
It´s super-interesting to read.
Thanks to Dennis for the article and to Monalisa for the watermark-free pics :)
Has someone exchanged Victoria? Has she a secret twin sister?? So far she looked fantastic and has shown something, we didn´t know from her: variation
Could it be, that the turquoise skirt is the one she has also worn at Ingrid Alexandra´s baptism?
showLayoutImage.pl

thank you for all the reporting
we all enjoy it
i did not think there would be a evening event
heard on swedish radio what they talked about victorias new fashion statement and the was a bit chocked about the clevage of the forst outfit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom