Crown Princess Victoria's Name Day - March 12: 2003-2011,2014-2015, 2017-2019-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
March 12
Victoria will with the King and Queen celebrate her name day at the Royal castle

source www.royalcourt.se

Last edited by a moderator:
Today has been victorias "nameday". here is some pictures

STOCKHOLM 030312 Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria celebrated her name-day on Wednesday at the Stockholm Castle. King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silva and Princess Lilian was among the 1500 people that meet up for the celebration in the very cold but sunny weathe

picture from www.polfoto.dk

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 574
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 654
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 577
Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great celebration today, I attended the cermony. The lady beside me gave flowers to Crown Princess Victoria and as the Crown Princess stood just a steep away she told us: "I am so glad that you all came here today, thank you it mean a lot." She also said: "I am getting spoilt here today". Because of all the flowers and other presents the people granted her.

How nice Emil!
Was it many people there? Did you take any pictures?

According to www.aftonbladet.se it was 400 people who were there. Yes I took a couple of pictures with my camera. I will try to scan these pictures later and then load them up here.

Name day: the day given your Christian name on the calendar.

Today is Crown Princess Victoria's Name Day in Sweden!

Here she is, looking lovely, at the Defence’s and people’s congratulatory call at the Courtyard of the Royal Palace of Stockholm today.

A selection of the pictures from Imagine Scandinavia

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 533
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 458
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 642
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 548
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 482
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 484
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 565
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 600
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 593
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
Nameday

Really, she looks great today! Happy, relaxed. She seems to enjoy her nameday and herself.

Thank you, GrandDuchess, for posting the pictures. I really appreciate it very much.

oh, nice photos! She looks very happy

and thats some nice boots she´s wearing :)

She really looks beautiful with her hair down and with no glasses...
i wish she styled more like this...

Victoria looks really wonderful and stylish..the boots are perfect :)

I agree with what has been said already. She looks very beautiful as usual. Those are indeed quite nice boots. I like that long scarf too. Very stylish. :) I hope she and the rest of those people are warm though!:)

A few more from Imagine :

Stockholm, 12 March 2006
Today Crownprincess Victoria celebrates her name-day. Here she receives congratulations from the people and the Svea Life Guards at Stockholm Royal Castle.

And here are some more pictures from the Defence’s and people’s congratulatory call at the Courtyard of the Royal Palace of Stockholm today, honouring our Crown Princess' birthday.

The sixth (next last) picture is also from inside the palace when Victoria gave precedence to the Lieutenant-Colonel of the Amphibian Battalion (also called the Victoria Battalion) for the presentation of their report.

Pictures by Code 10000 via Svenska Dagbladet.

Attachments

• SvD1.jpg
    SvD1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 409
  • SvD2.jpg
    SvD2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 488
  • SvD3.jpg
    SvD3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,542
  • SvD4.jpg
    SvD4.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 507
  • SvD5.jpg
    SvD5.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 463
  • SvD6.jpg
    SvD6.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 561
  • SvD7.jpg
    SvD7.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
I saw Crown Princess Victoria for the first time in rather a long time! She looks amazing. Well, I probably can't add anything new to what was said before me, so I just join in!

Thanks for the photos! Her boots are really very stylish :) I like them. I like to see her with beige and brown colours.

She's a Beauty (without the ponytail she uses most of the time).

How radiant her smile is in these pics.

Her true beauty has finally come out. Hopefully she will stay away from the ponytail from know on. Well, one can dream.:rolleyes: Also, Ive reached my thousandth post. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :p :cool: :D Happy Name Day Your Highness

Two more pictures from the Defence’s and people’s congratulatory call at the Courtyard of the Royal Palace of Stockholm yesterday Sunday, honouring our Crown Princess' birthday. Picture one is by Aftonbladet, picture two by Scanpix via Aftonbladet.

I agree with you all that it's great to see Victoria with her hair down and no ponytail or eyeglasses, but I'm willing to bet on that soon we'll see her back to normal again - ponytail, glasses and some dark outfits.... It seems her great style only comes out every now and then, and one has to be happy while it lasts and when she's in that phase... It would be great to see the stylish and elegant Victoria stay forever, and not just now and then.

What is the difference between Victoria's name day and Victoria Day which takes place at Solliden in the summer?

Is Victoria popular with the people in Sweden (or just with a certain demographic)?

soCal girl said:
What is the difference between Victoria's name day and Victoria Day which takes place at Solliden in the summer?

Is Victoria popular with the people in Sweden (or just with a certain demographic)?
march 12 is Victorias name day, and that goes for all other swedes name Victoria :) the crownprincess is celebrated at the palace (like the photos shows)

Victoria Day (=Victoriadagen) is her birthday on july 14. Its celebrated on Öland where the royal family spends their summers. This begun in late 70´s and has been a tradition ever since

May be the tradition at Solliden will carry on until Crown Princess Victoria is Queen even? What I mean is perhaphs she will keep the tradition alive even when she is Queen of Sweden?

victoria looked gorgeous the day of her name! simply perfect. i loved every single piece of clothing she used, but mostly that lovely cardigan and her boots. i hope she doesn't quit this style that suits her so so much.

Victoria looks stunning! A great outfit, and she looks so happy!

This may have been discussed ages ago - but what is the ring I notice she is wearing on her ring finger? It doesn't look like an engagement ring, but I'm hoping it could be! :p

trippc said:
Victoria looks stunning! A great outfit, and she looks so happy!

This may have been discussed ages ago - but what is the ring I notice she is wearing on her ring finger? It doesn't look like an engagement ring, but I'm hoping it could be! :p

This question has been asked before (in a Madeleine thread) and the answer was that it's not uncommon for Swedish women to wear rings on their "engagement finger" when they're not actually engaged.

*sigh* I wish it were an engagement ring. :p

soCal girl said:
This question has been asked before (in a Madeleine thread) and the answer was that it's not uncommon for Swedish women to wear rings on their "engagement finger" when they're not actually engaged.

*sigh* I wish it were an engagement ring. :p

I agree, we need a royal wedding!

She looks awesome! I love her boots!:)

Here's an article from Hola:

http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/03/13/victoria-santo2/

The heavy weather that woke up Stockholm last Sunday did not prevent a numerous group of Swedish citizens from going to the RoyalPalace and congratulating Princess Victoria.

Thus, near 200 people and their cameras met under the cold, to celebrate with their Princess such a special day. The Heiress, who was enchanted by the amount of people who had come to wish her a happy day, shone for then a new image: loose hair, no glasses and a thinner image; a youthful and extreme feminine look that, made up of a short trench in beige colour, finished with a set of brown mini-skirt and beige high boots.

It was a change of image that, together with the ring on her left hand, raised even more suspicions on a soon announcement of princess Victoria and Daniel Westling’s engagement, to take place at the end of this year.

After the parade and the military music, a very personal and sweet moment took place with Victoria approaching greet part of the citizens, who expressed then all their affection to the Princess. She received a branch of flowers after another one, as well as an infinity of gifts (among them, photos taken from magazines and hundreds of congratulations).

Later, a representation of Swedish bakers gave the Princess, who was dressed as a cook, a check with the benefits that the foundation that takes her name has made this year and they presented her also with a huge cake.

As sweet as candy is the personal and sentimental moment that princess Victoria is experiencing right now. Although it seems there will be no engagement announcement after the spring (according to the Scandinavian press, so to not steal the protagonism from the great celebration of father’s, King Carl Gustav, 60º birthday, next April 30th), the truth is that her relationship with Daniel Westling seems very firm and the engagement announcement does not seem too far.

As a matter of fact, the Swedish newspapers have associated the fact that the King has asked for the highest budget in the history of his reign for next the 3 years (30 million crowns more than the last one), underlying the possibility of this Scandinavian country living a royal wedding soon.

The Royal House has not commented on the matter, although it has admitted that an increase in the expenses is partly due to Princess Victoria.

Attachments

• victoria-1a.jpg
    victoria-1a.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,037
  • victoria-2a.jpg
    victoria-2a.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,462
  • victoria-3a.jpg
    victoria-3a.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2,581
  • victoria-4a.jpg
    victoria-4a.jpg