Crown Princess Victoria's Household/Court

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Is Victoria usually accopanied by the lady on her right? I am terribly annoyed as I seem unable to recall her name, but somehow I have become rather fond of her (no idea why, maybe just because I saw her often enough on pictures). I believe she is a mistress of the robes or something like that?

The Lady who accompanies crown princess Victoria is her Court Marshal Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg (born 1950). Ms. Tarras-Wahlberg worked before as Director of the Press and Information Department at the Royal Court.

That was the name I was looking for indeed, thanks! The lady who usually has to deny that there will be weddings this year etc ;). I think Sweden must be the first court that has a woman as Court Marshal? CP Victoria doesn´t have her own ladies-in-waiting I believe, does she ´borrow´ one of her mothers at times or does she just gets assisted by other people of the court at public duties (like mrs. Tarras-Wahlberg).

You can see from the Swedish Royal Court´s website that the crown princess was given her own household in October 2004. The household is headed by Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.
The Royal Court/Sweden

That was the name I was looking for indeed, thanks! The lady who usually has to deny that there will be weddings this year etc ;). I think Sweden must be the first court that has a woman as Court Marshal? CP Victoria doesn´t have her own ladies-in-waiting I believe, does she ´borrow´ one of her mothers at times or does she just gets assisted by other people of the court at public duties (like mrs. Tarras-Wahlberg).
That might very well be the case, but ETW is not the first female Court Marshal in Sweden - she's the second. The first is Baroness Elisabeth Palmstierna, head of HRH Princess Lilian's Household.

Crown Princess Victoria has chosen not to have Ladies-in-Waitings like her mother the Queen, instead she's chosen to have Aide-de-Camps - the first female royal to do so in Sweden I believe. She has three of them that alternate in duty but sometimes only ETW accompanies her, it depends on the nature of her engagement I guess.

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg leaves her position with Victoria

Victorias mentor Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg will leave the swedish court after this summer.
Is she still Victorias mentor or is she only handeling her court

ETW must have been a tremendous support for Victoria for many years. What a blessing to have had the same person being part of her team. Victoria definitively seems to have hit her own stride - the confidence she is displaying is very noticable. Good luck to ETW in her new adventure and to Victoria in her task of finding someone new to complete her team.

ruthieviews

I am confused by the abrupt announcement that Elizabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, CP Victoria's Court Marshall, will leave that position at the end of summer to take a post in Qatar. Could we please have some background on why she is leaving at that time, what her position will be in Qatar, and what CP Victoria will do to replace her. What were her specific duties as Court Marshall? I could only find one article on her leaving and that was in Swedish, which I don't speak. Could this possibly have something to do with CP Victoria marrying and creating a new household? Does she have a husband? If so, perhaps this move has to do with his employment. Could we please have some informative background on this new development? Thank you.

After 32 years at the Swedish royal court she is probably ready for some new adventures. She is divorced. Was offered the position after being contacted by a headhunter.

how does crown princess couples household look like today how many are there working in this group?

:previous: Great question, I would like to know this too and also if Prince Daniel has a comparable staff of his own butlers, personal assistants, etc...

:previous: Great question, I would like to know this too and also if Prince Daniel has a comparable staff of his own butlers, personal assistants, etc...

i were more thinking of administration

Crown Princess Victoria's staff

Does anybody knows who or which are the personnel of Crown Princess Victoria?
I mean if she has a personal assistant; a lady-in-waiting like the Queen, a pr, stylist? I know she has a stylist and I hink i know about the Queen and the King, but I don't know who work for her.
Thanks in advance!

Does anybody knows who or which are the personnel of Crown Princess Victoria?
I mean if she has a personal assistant; a lady-in-waiting like the Queen, a pr, stylist? I know she has a stylist and I hink i know about the Queen and the King, but I don't know who work for her.
Thanks in advance!
CP Victoria has an aide de camp just like most regents and crown princes. The aide de camps are female military officers that take turns to do the honor.

Last edited:
that s very interesting, thank you!
anybody else works for the Crown Princess?

Not to be morbid ...

But what happens when the "boss" dies? CG is still young but at some point he will eventually die. At that time, does Victoria's staff then become HM The Queen's Household or does she "inherit" her father's? I would assume the former because they would have been working together...but then what happens to the former king's staff...I'm sure they try and work those folks who still wish to continue working for the court into a new position but there can't necessarily be that many open at any given time...do they just get laid off? I know that the staff of Princess Lilian's household is probably not that large (maybe even only Elisabeth Palmstierna, her longtime companion and Marshal of the Court). Palmstierna is also very old and since Lilian's seclusion may already be "retired". But if there are any others, are they still working/working in another office/laid off?

But what happens when the "boss" dies? CG is still young but at some point he will eventually die. At that time, does Victoria's staff then become HM The Queen's Household or does she "inherit" her father's? I would assume the former because they would have been working together...but then what happens to the former king's staff...I'm sure they try and work those folks who still wish to continue working for the court into a new position but there can't necessarily be that many open at any given time...do they just get laid off? I know that the staff of Princess Lilian's household is probably not that large (maybe even only Elisabeth Palmstierna, her longtime companion and Marshal of the Court). Palmstierna is also very old and since Lilian's seclusion may already be "retired". But if there are any others, are they still working/working in another office/laid off?
There are several "departments" within the court and the "Household" is one of them. When Victoria ascends the throne the transition will be gradual and orderly. As with any large organization there will not be an drastic change in personnel as experience and expertise is gathered over many years and there would not be practical or logical to replace personnel only because of change in regent.

Over time the staffing will become Victoria's choices but do not expect mass resignations.

all this articles and documents are very interesting! i have a more clear idea of how it works.
thank you very much

:previous:

Ditto that. Thank you, grevinnan, for the link. It is a wealth of information including the financial breakdowns. I know that the Swedish royal court used to publish a book (?) each year about the events of the Swedish royal family. Do they still do that? And is this document included in it?

Svensk Damtidning writes about the work of Victoria´s adjutants. They are "always ready". They hold her bag and hold all the gifts (flowers, drawings, soft toys ...) which she gets from people at her visits. They take care of her flying tickets. When someone calls to Victoria, it´s the adjutant who answers the phone. One adjutant works a month of the year (she has 12 adjutants, two of them help Carl Phiilp too).
The adjutants follow Victoria and Daniel everywhere: to their honeymoon, to their work, to their holidays, they even run with them when they are jogging. The 55-year-adjutant, who was with Victoria and Daniel on their trip to China last year, said that when he was jogging with V and D, he surely felt that he was 20 years older than Victoria.
When an adjutant is on duty, he/she lives in Haga Palace (or where ever Victoria is). Before 2004 Victoria had only three adjutants, but she got more duties and needed more adjutants. Two of her adjutants, both women, have been with her right from the beginning. The adjutants can get quite close to Victoria and appreciate her humour and modest way to act in different situations.

Svensk Damtidning writes about the work of Victoria´s adjutants. They are "always ready". They hold her bag and hold all the gifts (flowers, drawings, soft toys ...) which she gets from people at her visits. They take care of her flying tickets. When someone calls to Victoria, it´s the adjutant who answers the phone. One adjutant works a month of the year (she has 12 adjutants, two of them help Carl Phiilp too).
The adjutants follow Victoria and Daniel everywhere: to their honeymoon, to their work, to their holidays, they even run with them when they are jogging. The 55-year-adjutant, who was with Victoria and Daniel on their trip to China last year, said that when he was jogging with V and D, he surely felt that he was 20 years older than Victoria.
When an adjutant is on duty, he/she lives in Haga Palace (or where ever Victoria is). Before 2004 Victoria had only three adjutants, but she got more duties and needed more adjutants. Two of her adjutants, both women, have been with her right from the beginning. The adjutants can get quite close to Victoria and appreciate her humour and modest way to act in different situations.

You are correct. Victoria now has 12 aide de camps that are assigned one month each around the clock, just like the King's aide de camps.

you know that is what is surprising for me, the fact that they rotate. However, thinking about it, even though one month a year seems to me that makes difficult to adjust both for the employers and the employees, it makes sense because following the Princess is a full time job that would prevent anything else in their life and it could be a very damanding and challenging job!
if you guys think or know other reasons why they rotate let me know!

thank you again LadyFinn

you know that is what is surprising for me, the fact that they rotate. However, thinking about it, even though one month a year seems to me that makes difficult to adjust both for the employers and the employees, it makes sense because following the Princess is a full time job that would prevent anything else in their life and it could be a very damanding and challenging job!
if you guys think or know other reasons why they rotate let me know!

thank you again LadyFinn

These career military officers maintain their military assignments and roles. When they are on duty as aide de camps they are on duty around the clock for one month. The rotation is probably the best way to both maintain career path and not get burned out by the aide de camp assignment. By being twelve of them there is always a deep base of experienced aide de camps and when a change occurs it will not be so disruptive.

Svensk Damtidning writes in it´s paper version, that Victoria´s Marshal of the court, Jörgen Lindström will leave his job at the spring and return to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. He has been at the leave of absence from there while working for the court.

Back
Top Bottom