Crown Princess Victoria's Household/Court

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The King has had 12 aide-de-camps, who work one month a year, for a very long time. Victoria had at first three aide-de-camps but she has also had 12 aide-de-camps for many years.

The King and Crown Princess have twelve aide-de-camps each and they serve one month a year as aide-de-camps on duty.
Prince Carl Philip has two aide-de-camps. These aide-de-camps support the Prince throughout the year on occasions when he has official duties.
Kungl. Staberna _ Kungahuset

Do Prince Carl Philip's aides-de-camp also help Princess Sofia?

Did Princess Madeleine have field helpers when she lived in Sweden?

So what do the aides do the rest of the time when they aren't working?

The rest of the year (11 months) they perform their work within their ordinary positions in the Armed Forces.

Fascinating. To me it would make sense that the aides would just have permanent positions as aides that way they would experience and knowledge. I only did something once in 12 months not be the best compared to someone who did the same job year round.

Do Prince Carl Philip's aides-de-camp also help Princess Sofia?

Did Princess Madeleine have field helpers when she lived in Sweden?

Carl Philip's aide-de-camps don't work with Sofia at her own work events - Victoria's aide-de-camps don't work with Daniel at his own work events, Daniel has court secretary Fredrik Brodin. Lena Bartholdson, the Head of HRH the Crown Princess's Household, attends with Daniel at many on his work events.
Court secretary Anita Söderlind helps Sofia and I think that a court secretary at HM The Queen's Household helps Madeleine.
Anita Söderlind was the secretary to Carl Philip and Madeleine at H.M. The Queen's Household (until May 2010) and H.M. The King's Household (from June 2010 to September 2014).
And now she is the secretary to Carl Philip and Sofia (worked with Sofia from September 2014).
Anita Söderlind - Hovsekreterare - Kungliga hovstaterna _ LinkedIn

They work at their ordinary jobs at the Swedish Armed Forces.
For instance, lieutenant colonel Carin Ellström works as the Chief of Staff of the Artillery Regiment (A9), lieutenant colonel Lena Martin works as a Staff Officer at the Total Defence department at the Armed Forces Headquarters, major Elin Ulriksson works as a chief of staff at the Air Staff.
Carin Ellström and Helena Sigurdsson have been Victoria's aide-de-camps since 2007.

Last edited:
Isabella Törngren has been appointed as the Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household from 1st March. She is responsible for the planning and implementation of Victoria and Daniel's individual and joint programs.
Isabella Törngren:
- I am very much looking forward to the task of supporting the Crown Princess in her important role as future head of state and working together with my colleagues on the planning and implementation of the activities of the Crown Princess Couple.
Törngren is a political scientist and has worked at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, most recently as a ministerial adviser and deputy head of the Unit for Europe and North America. She has also served in the Armed Forces as a security policy advisor to the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces.
Isabella Törngren – ny chef för H.K.H.*Kronprinsessans hovstat _ Kungahuset

Victoria met Isabella Törngren on 11th February 2022 at an audience about the Baltic States.
The Crown Princess holds an audience on the Baltic States _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning about Lena Bartholdson leaving her job as Marshal of the Court and Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household:

Knife-sharp, analytical and professional – and always five steps behind her royal boss.
But now 52-year-old Lena Bartholdson is putting an end to her time as Victoria's closest adviser. On March 1, she leaves her job as head of the Crown Princess's Household.
So what's behind it - and what should she do now?
- Lena has had a leave of absence from her position at the Armed Forces. Now that appointment expires and she has chosen to go back to her previous job, says Margareta Thorgren.
Därför slutar doldiskvinnan bakom Victoria – verkliga skälet _*Svensk Dam

Victoria's former aide-de-camp major general Laura Swaan Wrede, the Chief of the National Home Guard (Hemvärnet), has told about her work as Victoria's aide-de-camp (2008-2020) at an interview of Artilleri & Luftvärn:
"I will not comment on this assignment other than that it has been a very great honor for me to work in the Swedish royal house. I have had the privilege of learning how the nation of Sweden works and is led. I have met many senior executives and also been able to participate in some conversations, so it has certainly given me a personal insight into world politics and development. They were very rewarding years."
https://i.postimg.cc/mgS9Jrmw/Swaan.jpg

Major General Swaan Wrede is good at languages, she speaks among other things Finnish.

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, 72, the former Marshal of the Court and Head of Victoria's Household, worked for 32 years closely with the royal family, also as the Director of the press department. Nevertheless, she does not call them her friends, because within the court there are watertight barriers between private and public life. But she tells at her interview in Amelia that she visits the Crown Princess's family at Haga Palace from time to time.
Det gör Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg i dag _ amelia

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnquist at Christer Lindarw's 70th birthday party, 12th March.
https://i.postimg.cc/28BnvMwG/Tina3.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/FH53xpC4/Tina2.jpg
With Micael Bindefeld
https://i.postimg.cc/Vv2MpWYX/Tina1.jpg

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former Director of the press department and Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household, said at her interview in Amelia:
- One of my biggest challenges was meeting the media's questions when it came to the crown princess's eating disorders in the mid-90s. But I have to say that the journalists were very considerate once they understood what it was about. And I still think it's so amazing how well the Crown Princess got out of it all, she tells the site.
Inifrån hovet – så behandlar kungafamiljen sina anställda

Victoria met Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former Marshal of the Court and Head of Victoria's Household, at the inauguration of the Turtle Ark at Nordens Ark on 8th June. ETW is a member of the Board of the Nordens Ark Foundation. Svensk Damtidning spoke with ETW about the meeting.
ETW knows how passionate Victoria is about Nordens Ark. It was very nice to see her and fun to see her in that environment. They run into each other every now and then. ETW says their relationship is very pleasant and close, but doesn't want to tell exactly what they usually talk about. At Nordens Ark, they of course talked about it, but otherwise it's secret between them. You don't talk about secrets. ETW is happy with the contact she has with Victoria today and says that she wouldn't be able to do the work required today to help her. After all, ETW is older (72) and Victoria has very competent help around her. It's nice to stand a little to the side and be at hand if needed. ETW said that Victoria means a lot to her and she hopes it's mutual.
Victorias privata samtal – med ex-anställda kvinnan _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Last edited:
Lena Bartholdson, who resigned from her job as the Head of the HRH Crown Princess's Household in the end of February, works now as a Defense Advisor at the Embassy of Sweden in Washington.
Embassy Staff - Sweden Abroad

Given the Crown Princess' use of aide-de-camps I wonder if her reign will see the end of the tradition of having a First Lady of the Court (Statsfru) and ladies-in-waiting (hovdamer) at the Swedish court.

Given the Crown Princess' use of aide-de-camps I wonder if her reign will see the end of the tradition of having a First Lady of the Court (Statsfru) and ladies-in-waiting (hovdamer) at the Swedish court.

I don’t think Victoria (as Queen) will appoint any hovdamer (ladies in waiting)… She have not had any since her own household was set up…. Her military equerries usually carries her flowers as well :D

The First Lady of the Court is Överhovmästarinnan who has only ceremonial and advisory duties… She belongs to The King’s household so that position may very well be kept.

Statsfrun is the Chief of Queen Silvias household but only since 1994…. Before that it was Överhovmästarinnan who held that job…

I don’t think Victoria (as Queen) will appoint any hovdamer (ladies in waiting)… She have not had any since her own household was set up…. Her military equerries usually carries her flowers as well :D

The First Lady of the Court is Överhovmästarinnan who has only ceremonial and advisory duties… She belongs to The King’s household so that position may very well be kept.

Statsfrun is the Chief of Queen Silvias household but only since 1994…. Before that it was Överhovmästarinnan who held that job…

The First Lady of the Court/Statsfrun is Anna Hamilton (57), from 1st January 2016.
The First Lady of the Court Anna Hamilton is the Head of H.M. the Queen's Household.

The Mistress of the Robes/Överhovmästarinnan is Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke (78), from 1st January 2016.
The Mistress of the Robes Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke has an advisory function at the Court. The Mistress of the Robes participates in state visits within the country and in other ceremonies according to the King's decision.

Last edited:
Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnquist attended Elle-galan yesterday, here with event organiser Micael Bindefeld.
Pic

Victoria on Wednesday at Drottningholm Palace with Karolin A. Johansson, the former Marshal of the Court and Head of Victoria's Household. Karolin works for SeaBOS and attended this week at SeaBOS working meeting and its visit to Drottningholm Palace.
Pic

Back
Top Bottom