Crown Princess Victoria's Household/Court

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of Victoria's newest aide-de-camps is lieutenant colonel Malin Persson, who started at her job on 1st January. She was on duty in June and among other things accompanied Victoria on her trip to United Nations in New York.

Last edited:
Estelle and Oscar have a new nanny, Isabelle Welch, 25. She was yesterday in Solliden ready to help when Victoria and the family were meeting people.
Expressen's royal commentator Karin Lennmor tells that Isabelle has worked for the crown princess family only for over a week.
Isabelle is Swedish, but her father is british, so english should not be a problem. Victoria and Daniel want always that the nannies should be bilingual. Of course, they speak mostly swedish at home, but they want Estelle and Oscar also to be familiar with and understand english.
Lennmor, who was yesterday in Solliden, tells that Daniel took Oscar to Isabelle and he looked so pleased to end up to her arms. Lennmor writes that the Crown Princess couple don't have to worry. The children will be safe and happy with Isabelle.
Att vara kungarbanens barnflicka – man kan få ångest för mindre _ Karin Lennmor _ Expressen

According to swedish press, Estelle's australian nanny Katie left back to Australia last November. The children's other nanny Adeline, 26, continues at her job.

Last edited:
Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist at Stockholm Fashion Week
On 30th August at By Malina Fashion show at Grand Hôtel, with Cay Bond (trend analyst, journalist, writer and lecturer.)
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
By Malina's SS2018 collection
By Malina – Fashion Week Stockholm

On 31st August at Björn Borg show with Cay Bond at the Royal Tennis Club

On 1st August at Diana Orving Show at Grand Hôtel. We remember Diana Orving dress which Victoria wore at Polar Music Prize
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/5.jpg?w=700&h=
Diana Orving's SS2018 collection
Diana Orving – Fashion Week Stockholm

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist attended on 7th September at the premiere of Den Tatuerade Änkan at Scalateatern. Here with Micael Bindefeld, famous swedish event organizer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karolin A Johansson, the Marshal of the Court and Head of Victoria's Household, attended on 2nd October at the delivery of the Pontus Schultz Prize organized by the Pontus Schultz Foundation for a more humane economy. Victoria delivered the Prize in 2014.

Last edited:
One of Victoria's aide-de-camps, colonel Laura Swaan Wrede, is the new commander of Livgardet (The Life Guards). She started at her new job on 8th November.

A historical moment
The regiment, one of the world's oldest and dating back to 1521, is thus getting its first female commander ever.
- It will be exciting and challenging. I am humbled by the task and responsibility assigned to me and really look forward to working with all units here at Livgardet, says Colonel Laura Swaan Wrede.
Laura Swaan Wrede has a long and solid career in the Armed Forces behind her, and has held positions on basically all levels. Her CV also includes international service and she is also aide-de-camp to Crown Princess Victoria.
Ett historiskt ögonblick - Försvarsmakten

- If I'm honest, maybe it doesn't mean that much for me, because I've been the first woman at a job many times. But I hope it means something for my younger colleagues, both women and men, and that you can be a model in leadership, says Laura Swaan Wrede.
- It feels great. It always does when you get new challenges. I look forward to this and working with professional employees at Livgardet. It will be a great time, said Laura Swaan Wrede.
Överste Laura Swaan Wrede ny chef på Livgardet

The King has decided on the recipients of H.M. The King's Medal:

H.M. The King's Medal 8th size with the Order of the Seraphim ribbon
To the Marshal of the Court Karolin A. Johansson, for meritorious efforts at the work of the Office of the Marshal of the Court.
To aide-de-camp Niklas Niemi, for meritorious efforts as the aide-de-camp of HRH the Crown Princess.
To aide-de-camp Miguel Riera, for meritorious efforts as the aide-de-camp of HRH the Crown Princess.
Medaljförläningar 28 januari 2018 - Sveriges Kungahus

The King has decided on the recipients of H.M. The King's Medal:

H.M. The King's Medal 8th size with the Order of the Seraphim ribbon
To the Marshal of the Court Karolin A. Johansson, for meritorious efforts at the work of the Office of the Marshal of the Court.
To aide-de-camp Niklas Niemi, for meritorious efforts as the aide-de-camp of HRH the Crown Princess.
To aide-de-camp Miguel Riera, for meritorious efforts as the aide-de-camp of HRH the Crown Princess.
Medaljförläningar 28 januari 2018 - Sveriges Kungahus

How many aides-de-camp does CP Victoria have ?

Last edited:
Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist yesterday evening at Elle Decoration Swedish Design Awards 2018, with Cay Bond (trend analyst, journalist, writer and lecturer).

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist on Sunday at Årets Mappie award event. Årets Mappie was founded in 2006 and is M-magazine's award for best female representatives over 50 years old. Mappie comes from words Mature Affluent Pioneering People.
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/dsc_00682.jpg?w=700&h=

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist at the vernissage for Bloomsbury Spirit at Artipelag on 22nd March, together with Niklas Ankar and Nina von Krusenstierna.

Miguel Riera, one of Victoria's aide-de-camps (since January 2013), works as Joint Operational Command Director at Swedish Armed Forces

On Wednesday evening, June 13, the officer in charge of the Armed Forces received a different telephone call. There was Johan Fenhammar, a physician at Astrid Lindgren's Children's Hospital.
- I called the Armed Forces to hear what they had for the opportunity to support with helicopter transport with doctors and equipment. We needed transportation of a very sick child, in urgent need of dialysis. There was no civil ambulance flight available, said Johan Fenhammar.
Doctors and equipment needed to fly from Karolinska, Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital and to Kristianstad. There the sick child would be picked up and then fly back to Stockholm and Astrid Lindgren's children's hospital.
Operations Manager on duty Miguel Riera took direct decision to support by helicopter.
- There was never any doubt, we are ready to solve problems. One of the Armed Forces' tasks is to support society as needed, says Miguel Riera.
A helicopter 16 lifted from Malmen at 22.45 to Karolinska to pick up a doctor's team and equipment. The helicopter landed in Kristianstad at 02.41. Staff from Blekinge Air Command (F17) could meet and refuel the helicopter while the doctor team prepared for the return. At 04.41 the helicopter flew back and landed 05.54 in Stockholm. The transport went well and the child arrived in time.
- In situations like this, the Armed Forces show their best side. Three people were involved in the preparations and two hours after the decision the helicopter left. The Armed Forces operate around the clock, the year round and have competent staff who are involved in the resources that are tangible. If we can help, we'll do that, says Miguel Riera.
Möjligheterna var uttömda − då ryckte Försvarsmakten in - Försvarsmakten

At Expressen's article Miguel Riera says:
- The transport went well and the child arrived in time. I talked to the doctor the following day and the doctor said the child would not have managed if we would have arrived later. But the operation went well so it became a success story, says Miguel Riera.
Barnet riskerade att dö – då ryckte Försvaret ut _ Kvällsposten

When Estelle was little, Victoria and Daniel hired Katie Millington from Australia as her nanny. Now they seem to have done the same with Oscar. Margareta Thorgren told to the press today, that Victoria and Daniel have new nanny, Philippa from Australia.
Svensk Damtidning writes that they saw Philippa playing football with Estelle and Oscar, and they seem to like their new nanny.
Vi avslöjar! Hon är Oscars nya nanny _ Svensk Damtidning
Philippa and Oscar
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0377821095/profimedia-0377821095.jpg

Victoria's aide-de-camp this month is colonel Laura Swaan Wrede.
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/2018/06/IMG_26971-700x933.jpg

Last edited:
Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist at NK Galan at Berns on Monday evening with Niklas Ankar.

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist attended at Naim Josefi Show at Grand Hotel on 29th August.
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/dsc_00384.jpg?w=1000&h=

On 30th August Tina attended at Camilla Thulin Show at Stockholm Fashion Week at Grand Hotel, wearing a Camilla Thulin skirt.
Tina attended also at Maxjenny! Show at NK

So maybe we see something like this on Victoria in the future
Naim Josefi Show
https://fashionweek.se/designers/naim-josefi/
Camilla Thulin Show (also queen Silvia wears Camilla Thulin)
https://fashionweek.se/designers/camilla-thulin/
Maxjenny! Show
https://fashionweek.se/designers/maxjenny/

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist was a member of the jury of the most prestigious of Swedish fashion awards at Damernas Värld's Guldknappen Prize on 27th October. The other members of the Jury were Lisa Pettersson (Chairman and Fashion Manager, Damernas Värld), Martina Bonnier (Chief Editor, Damernas Värld), Pär Engsheden (designer) and Niklas Berglind (stylist)
The jury
https://cached-images.btdmtech.se/dv-e/s5/?p=/2018/10/dsc9362.jpg
Another photo of Tina
https://cached-images.btdmtech.se/dv-e/s5/?p=/2018/10/dsc9333.jpg

Niklas Berglind has his Instagram
"She is a role model, stylist of rank, colleague in the Guldknappen jury but, above all, a unprecedented great friend. Tina!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpmncmIHGxg/

The main prize, Damernas Värld's Guldnappen was won by Malin Andrén, the founder and designer of By Malina.

Last edited:
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former Marshal of the Court of HRH Crown Princess's Household, was interviewed on 1st December at Expressen's "Kungafamiljen"-TVpodcast. Tarras-Wahlberg was also the director of the press and information department before she came the Head of Victoria's Household, and worked at the court for 32 years.

The host asks: Vad does a Marshal of the Court do?
- A Marshal of the Court heads the so called Household, a royal person's organisation. I helped the Crown Princess to build her Household, her office, her activities. Then you are responsible for planning and implementing the work and servicing the Crown Princess. At first, I was also the Marshal of the Court to her siblings. But it soon became apparent that it doesn't work, there were three people who were all in different directions and had come to a different stage in their official appearances, so after a while, I think so, we chose to focus on the Crown Princess.
It feels that the royal family has come more and more folksy. come very popular, Victoria and Daniel are very popular? Would you say that you come close to them when you work with them, are you with them on Fredagsmys ("cozy Friday")?
- I can not say I joined the Crown Princess's cozy Friday with her fiancé. But you came close, not least while traveling. Then it happened that you had breakfast together, talked about the day's program. I was commissioned, I remember the Queen said: Elisabeth has been here for so long that Elisabeth knows how we think the things should be. I had been the press officer for so many years, and I had been a mentor for the Crown Princess for a couple of years. She came back from USA and began to take her first steps back to public life. So I helped her and at the same time I was the director of the press department.
Do you miss that time?
- Yes, of course, I miss, I miss the daily contacts with my colleagues. It becomes like a big family, we who work around. We all have one thing in sight - to facilitate the work of the royal family. Then it's not so hard nowadays to stay in contact, both with the Crown Princess and my old former colleagues.
The host says that when she looked at Victoria visiting the National Library and looking at old photos of Daniel, she started thinking how their relationship began. And you worked with Victoria. How was it noticed that she was in love with Daniel?
- Now I have to think about it. As I said before, the private was private. And somewhere, I eventually understood, she met him after she came back from USA because she was looking for a gym simply. Then his gym was recommended for her. And that was when they met. It was not that I noticed that she was at the gym extra often. But she told me eventually, when exactly I can't really remember. But it was also with the media, I remember when they once should go to Ockelbo by car and were chased by a journalist. And it was almost dangerous at the traffic. And then the bodyguards that followed called me and said "Can you help us somehow, because this doesn't work, this hunt is dangerous here in the traffic". So that way I also got to know a little ... I never asked, I know from my own experience that you don't always want to tell.
When you think about this, would you say that they wait a longer time than a normal person would do to introduce their new partner to the king and queen?
- I don't think it is because of the family, it's still a pretty closed circuit. But when you then take the step in public life, then you want to make sure everything ... that you're really sure. One is so in focus and it has been speculated so long about so many different boyfriends, I remember when I was the director of press deparment, German weekly newspapers began to get crazy with the Crown Princess and mainly about the Swedish royal family. And she was barely a teenager when they began to marry her with Ingemar Stenmark and Crown Prince Felipe, there were new partners every day. It is clear that in that situation you want to be sure that you have chosen the right one.
You've been on all trips with Victoria and worked with her, did she ever ask any advice in matters of love ?
- No.
They show Victoria’s visit to Vienna and the reporter asks: How much they prepare themselves for these kind of trips?
- Very much. I don't want to focus on just the Crown Princess. It begins, of course, that you have a correspondnce, you are invited, or in this case the Crown Princess takes her own initiative. You have contact with hosts and plan the time schedule and content, and then the Crown Princess and the royal couple also spend a lot of time reading materials in advance. Sometimes they will give a speech, they prepare for it, they will practice the speech and everything, it takes many hours.
December begins, and many major festitivities, Queen Silvia turns 75 years and then then there are the Nobel festivities, it's like a dinner of a official dinner. Is it the same thorough planning for Nobel festivities?
- The Nobel festivities, where the royal family are guests, at least when I was employed at the court, it was prepared by that the Nobel Committee came always to the Palace. Where you reviewed the different prizes and the Laureates, they gave information at the meeting and also written information. And then, of course, for the ladies, the hairdos and dresses are coordinated. I'm not going to say it is routine, because there are always new prize Laureates and new programs and so on. But the royal family wants to keep track of the program, they don't want surprises. And then the day after the royal couple is hosting a dinner for the Laureates at the Palace. So then it is a representative dinner.
Do they like these festivities?
- Yes, I absolutely think so. And I know they see these Nobel festivities and dinner at the Palace as a way to get acquainted with new knowledge and get to know the world, the society, the development.
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg om relationen till kronprinsessan

And about Fredagsmys
How to Fredagsmys - Fredagskos like a Scandi - ScandiKitchen

Last edited:
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former Marshal of the Court of HRH Crown Princess's Household, has also been interviewed by IN Stockholm magazine, published in November.

Crown Princess Victoria came very close for you.
- The Crown Princess's birth was one of my first assignments as the court's PR-assistant, so I've been with through her entire life. Meanwhile, my job was then placed at the Royal Palace, while the royal family, right after the birth of Princess Madeleine, moved to Drottningholm, so when the royal couple's children were really young, we did not meet so often. It was only when the Crown Princess became a little older and began participating in official missions as I became her mentor, and then on her Marshal of the Court, and then we traveled a lot together, which helped us to get close to each other. There are many nice memories and our friendship remains.
It is said that during your 32 years at the court, you have never ever "duat" (used the the second-person singular pronoun/to call someone by their first name) the king, is it true?
- Yes. And it's not as strange as it may sound. "The king" will be the equivalent of a first name. The Crown Princess and I, on the other hand, say "du" in private but never in an official context, there she is always the Crown Princess. And it is simply about respect for the public office. One clarifies her role as ambassador, both for the royal house and for the country.

Last edited:
Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist at Tillsammans mot Cancer galan (Together against Cancer) with Nina von Krusenstierna, held at Annexet in Stockholm on 7th January.

Expressen writes at their Expressen kungligt Instagram, that Karolin A. Johansson, the Marshal of the Court and Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household, is leaving her post.
- It is very undramatic, there are no strange things in any way, says Karolin A. Johansson.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtGDA3LA2EY/

Karolin A. Johansson (37th birthday tomorrow) has been the Head of Victoria's Household since May 1982. She worked in 2006-2012 at the Government Offices, and was the press secretary of the Minister for Culture and Sport when she was chosen as the Head of Victoria's Household.

Karolin A. Johansson, the Marshal of the Court and Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household, told to Barometern why she leaves her post at the court:

For seven years, Karolin A. Johansson from the Ödängla village outside Mönsterås has been crown princess Victoria's right hand. Now she soon ends her service at the court to change career and become a farmer.
- Me and my partner move in the summer home to Mönsterås to take over the farm where I am raised, says Karolin A. Johansson.
- In addition to the work on the farm, I will take a few assignments in order to continue to help people and organizations that I know especially for.
It was 2012 that Karolin A. Johansson got the job as a Marshal of the court and thus also the responsibility for the Crown Princess couple's official program in Sweden and abroad.
- It has been very fun, stimulating and rewarding years. It is a great responsibility and confidence to support and stand behind our future head of state. I am very grateful for the years that I have been allowed to follow the Crown Princess up close. She is undoubtedly one of the wisest, warmest and most ambitious people I have met.
Hovmarskalk från Ödängla slutar hos kronprinsessan - Barometern

Karolin A. Johansson and Fredrik Bolin
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010060011U154899807847967

Last edited:
Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist attended at Stockholm Fashion Week's A/W presentations.
At Ida Sjöstedt's show, 4th February
At Selam Fessahaye's show, 5th February

Photo of Laura Swaan Wrede, one of Victoria's adjutants, at the dinner Victoria and Daniel hosted at Haga Palace on 22nd January
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtWYXB2B_QU/

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist at Camilla Thulin's fashion show at Operakällaren, 8th February. With fashion designer Niklas Ankar.

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist with Niklas and Ann Ankar at the inauguration of Smarteyes concept store in Stockholm, 21st March.

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist with Christina Stielli at the release party of Camilla Läckberg's new book "En bur av guld" at Nio Rum, 9th April.

One of Victoria's aide-de-camps, colonel Laura Swaan Wrede, the commander of Livgardet (The Life Guards), visited Swedish Armed Forces Dog Breed Station in March and met the Guards' cutest employee, called Krixa.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMUUF_Fkw-/

Article in Svensk Damtidning

It is not only the crown princess family living Haga Palace. There is another person who is always present in Victoria's everyday life, whether she is at work or on vacation. We speak of course on the aide-de-camp, who is always at her side, around the clock.
The job is shared by twelve senior military officers, in uninterrupted service for a month. During that time, the aide-de-camp moves into Haga.
Therefore, it was an very important task that the chief of The King's Military Staff, Lieutenant-General Jan Salestrand, took on when he recently recruited three new aide-de-camps to the Crown Princess. She and Prince Daniel participated in the final interviews, because this is about people who literally come close to the royals.
The choice fell on one from the Army, one from the Navy and one from the Air Force. One woman and two men, all born in 1975: Major Elin Ulriksson, lieutenant colonel Thomas Höglund and commander Jonas Forsmark. Now they will be trained, to be aide-de-camp requires special knowledge. It can be everything from finding at the Palace, having contacts with Säpo and the Royal Stables, to ordering tickets and ensuring that the royal time schedule is kept. The aide-de-camp is responsible for all the practical work when the Crown Princess is on a mission.
- Everything should float on. If the car is to roll at five, it is the aide-ce-camp's task to make sure that it really does, says Jan Salestrand.
For the Crown Princess, the aide-de-camp is also an important link when she is to communicate with the outside world. Jan Salestrand tells about the conversation the evening before the Riksdag Supper. Then his mobile rang - it was Victoria's aide-de-camp:
- The Crown Princess wanted to know who would sit at her table during the dinner, so she could prepare herself. And she also wanted pictures of these people.
Another special and somewhat fascinating detail is that the aide-de-camp doesn't meet his/her family during the month in which he or she serves.
- Things can happen, and the aide-de-camp must always be available, says Salestrand, but at the same time notes that the Crown Princess is an understanding chief. If she has no program and is only at home in Haga, then the aide-de-camp can go home.
Certainly this is a very special job, and not more than a nick is needed for the aide-de-camp to know what the Crown Princess wants. But it is clear that the aide-de-camps are happy, because they stay for a long time on their post.
- Some have had the job for 10-15 years.
Salestrand says that now there will be five men and seven women. But there are no fixed quotas, the person is more important than gender.
And Prince Carl Philip?
- He has two aide-de-camps, only in service when he needs it, and it is not very often.
https://d3ry4o1su9a59w.cloudfront.n...000e4/5ccbefcfe2b2ca392ca55352/1/432-0001.jpg

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist with Gala Magazine's editor-in-chief Petra Lindell at the VIP-premiere of comedy "Long Shot", which Gala Magazine hosted on 3rd May.

Last edited:
Article in Svensk Damtidning

It is not only the crown princess family living Haga Palace. There is another person who is always present in Victoria's everyday life, whether she is at work or on vacation. We speak of course on the aide-de-camp, who is always at her side, around the clock.
The job is shared by twelve senior military officers, in uninterrupted service for a month. During that time, the aide-de-camp moves into Haga.
Therefore, it was an very important task that the chief of The King's Military Staff, Lieutenant-General Jan Salestrand, took on when he recently recruited three new aide-de-camps to the Crown Princess. She and Prince Daniel participated in the final interviews, because this is about people who literally come close to the royals.
The choice fell on one from the Army, one from the Navy and one from the Air Force. One woman and two men, all born in 1975: Major Elin Ulriksson, lieutenant colonel Thomas Höglund and commander Jonas Forsmark. Now they will be trained, to be aide-de-camp requires special knowledge. It can be everything from finding at the Palace, having contacts with Säpo and the Royal Stables, to ordering tickets and ensuring that the royal time schedule is kept. The aide-de-camp is responsible for all the practical work when the Crown Princess is on a mission.
- Everything should float on. If the car is to roll at five, it is the aide-ce-camp's task to make sure that it really does, says Jan Salestrand.
For the Crown Princess, the aide-de-camp is also an important link when she is to communicate with the outside world. Jan Salestrand tells about the conversation the evening before the Riksdag Supper. Then his mobile rang - it was Victoria's aide-de-camp:
- The Crown Princess wanted to know who would sit at her table during the dinner, so she could prepare herself. And she also wanted pictures of these people.
Another special and somewhat fascinating detail is that the aide-de-camp doesn't meet his/her family during the month in which he or she serves.
- Things can happen, and the aide-de-camp must always be available, says Salestrand, but at the same time notes that the Crown Princess is an understanding chief. If she has no program and is only at home in Haga, then the aide-de-camp can go home.
Certainly this is a very special job, and not more than a nick is needed for the aide-de-camp to know what the Crown Princess wants. But it is clear that the aide-de-camps are happy, because they stay for a long time on their post.
- Some have had the job for 10-15 years.
Salestrand says that now there will be five men and seven women. But there are no fixed quotas, the person is more important than gender.
And Prince Carl Philip?
- He has two aide-de-camps, only in service when he needs it, and it is not very often.
https://d3ry4o1su9a59w.cloudfront.n...000e4/5ccbefcfe2b2ca392ca55352/1/432-0001.jpg

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist with Gala Magazine's editor-in-chief Petra Lindell at the VIP-premiere of comedy "Long Shot", which Gala Magazine hosted on 3rd May.

That is long, 10-15 years. This because an aide-de-camp used fo be an active officer whom returns to the military service to continue their career. In most Households an aide-de-camp is detached from the military and loaned to the Household for a limited period (three years or so).

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist with court hairdresser Peter Andersson at NK Gala yesterday. Peter Andersson did Victoria's hairdo on her wedding day.
What 70s porn film did he escape from?
Joke aside, I wonder if he does Victoria's hair all the time or just now and then. The person responsible for her rigid pulled back and parted tiara hair should be locked up for life.

Back
Top Bottom