Crown Princess Victoria's Education

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yennie said:
thanks for posting!

but; Im sorry but what is that she is wearing?! A working-out sweather?! Doesnt look appropiate for a meeting at EU headquarters at all imo

I agree. The Crown Princess is surprisingly underdressed for a meeting with Foreign Ministers, NATO-ambassadors and envoys.

:ermm:

Here are two more pics from today, Victoria speaking to German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, Sweden's Foreign Minister Carl Bildt and Javier Solana:

Pic 1
Pic 2

wonderful pictures, its interesting to see foreign ministers who are closer to her parents' age & experience paying such a close attention to what she's saying.

I always found Victoria an understated beauty with a sense of intellect and dignity:)

Hi everybody! I just wanted to share some cute stories about Victoria's current events with you.

I have a friend who is in the diplomacy course with Victoria. he says that she is REALLY nice! He was so lucky that he was paired up with her the first day. The pairs had to introduce each other in front of the rest of the class which meant that my friend got to introduce Victoria in front of the class: "This is Victoria, her father is the king..." ;) . One day Victoria was in a hurry to get out of the classroom and happened to bump into my friend on her way out. He didn't even really notice but apparantly she did because the next day she cam up to him and said: "I felt really bad for bumping into you yesterday. i even discussed it with mom and dad at dinner tonight". And then she apologized. My friend was quite proud of the fact that he had been the dinner topic the evening before för the king, queen and crown princess of Sweden. Funny huh?

Cissan said:
Hi everybody! I just wanted to share some cute stories about Victoria's current events with you.

I have a friend who is in the diplomacy course with Victoria. he says that she is REALLY nice! He was so lucky that he was paired up with her the first day. The pairs had to introduce each other in front of the rest of the class which meant that my friend got to introduce Victoria in front of the class: "This is Victoria, her father is the king..." ;) . One day Victoria was in a hurry to get out of the classroom and happened to bump into my friend on her way out. He didn't even really notice but apparantly she did because the next day she cam up to him and said: "I felt really bad for bumping into you yesterday. i even discussed it with mom and dad at dinner tonight". And then she apologized. My friend was quite proud of the fact that he had been the dinner topic the evening before för the king, queen and crown princess of Sweden. Funny huh?

nice story! Seems like most people find her nice and polite.
The "bumping-story" is funny, imagine the king and queen having a discussion about you at dinner :)

mixer2002de said:
She asked them how to react on that?
Im sure she knows how to act. She probably just felt bad and so mentioned it to her parents. (Just my thought)

Thank you very much, QUEENECE29 and asturiana, for the information and pictures of Victoria in Ankara and Amman. :flowers:

Thank you for the pictures QUEENECE29 and asturiana :flowers:
As things are, I´m wondering, if last year´s diplomacy course received the same treatment and met the same ppl as this years :rolleyes:

Lena said:
Thank you for the pictures QUEENECE29 and asturiana :flowers:
As things are, I´m wondering, if last year´s diplomacy course received the same treatment and met the same ppl as this years :rolleyes:
no way ;) Look how Victoria is sitting almost by herself, alittle closer to the King than the rest of the group

Yennie said:
no way ;) Look how Victoria is sitting almost by herself, alittle closer to the King than the rest of the group

Yes, that much to "being treated like the others" :rolleyes: ;)
But out of my beloved PR view all are profiting of the situation. As I´ve stated before, heirs don´t need such courses for learning, but just for making some contacts and having impressive things on their CV. And so it makes perfectly sense to get to see Victoria attending it and doing trips.
The other students of the course could make unique experiences, that could maybe help them with their career. And in this case it was also nice PR for Jordan.
BTW isn´t the "regent" in the pics Prince Ali (?)

PA & PV are frinds ....I think her last vist to jordan was on may 2004 .. when she attended prince Hamzahs wedding

Victoria's education

I did not know where to ask this but here goes:

With all of her studies here and there, does Victoria have a college/university degree?

kerry said:
I did not know where to ask this but here goes:

With all of her studies here and there, does Victoria have a college/university degree?

No, she hasn´t an university degree. In Yale she studied this&that and only for 2 years. I remember, that she got some kind of diploma or something like that...but that´s no real degree.

And then she has taken several courses and is now participating in the diplomacy course of the ministry for foreign affairs.

IMO it would have been better to do a full degree...and she probably would have had still enough time to get also an idea about other fields, than the one, she would have studied.
But of course things might not be that easy, if one is suffering from serious dyslexia.

I would like to know the thought process of not having one but dabbling her and there? Isn't it the same case as the King? If it was good for him maybe its good for her? Maybe she'll be more well rounded for her role instead of concentrating in one area. Just a guess.:ermm:

I know Viictoria herself once said that she cannot focus on only one thing, she has to have a very varied education.

But perhaps she could have taken a minor degree, and then studied all the other things aswell. The Bernadottes are known to become very old so its not like she has to rush through her education which was a fact when the King studied. His grandfather was very old and could die anytime. He was just 27 when he became King so he did not have time to study for a long time.

I´m agreeing with Yennie.

As it seems, it was for 1998 (and the years after it) planned, that Victoria would do the full study in political scienes. She was already registered in Uppsala and all. And then the anorexia/bulimia crossed her plans. I could very well imagine, that the idea of being a regular student in a public high prestige program of studies and suffering from dyslexia scared her a lot and contributed to the developlment of the eating disoders.

So I guess...there was a mix...for the king it was, with or without dyslexia, surely not bad to get some knowledge in various fields.
So this idea was surely also somehow planned for his daughter (and as Yennie pointed out, if things go well, she would have a good deal of time...and if she wouldn´t have had time...well...the basics, she already knew as charming toddler. Queens are born, not made...my personal opinion only of course :rolleyes: ;) )

But I guess, it was in the beginning also planned, that she would do a full study or maybe a full military career. And if you ask me, it´s not bad to do a full study. Maybe those, who are doing it or have done it, agree with me.

There is a lot of stuff, that isn´t maybe sooo important and in the times, one has to study it, one is cursing things...but at the end of the road, you simply have a broadened your horizon, you have a base, you can build on, and you have fighted it out.
I could imagine, if you are just staying somewhere for several weeks and without being graded, you are taking things less "seriously"
But this kind of job/internship hopping is of course fantastisk for creating a "network of support" with all kind of ppl. Maybe that´s just the right thing a queen is needing (?)

Considering there is no major at any university for "being queen" an interdisciplinary education is the most useful for her. She has spent enough time at Swedish US universities so she may already have enough credits for a degree. She is by no means uneducated - her career does not have a pre-determined educational track.

grevinnan said:
Considering there is no major at any university for "being queen" an interdisciplinary education is the most useful for her
Comparing the studies of Haakon and Frederik with Victoria's, there seem to be some sort of "requirement." All three have been either training with the diplomatic corpse, and/or stationed at an embassy. They've studied political science. They've been training in their respective forces (army/navy).

Victoria might not have the Master's degree in Political Science that Haakon and Frederik has - but, personally, I think that the various courses that she has followed should by no means be discounted just because they don't give a formal title. All her courses seem to be directed towards her future position, and promoting Sweden. The education of a Queen.

Yes. I thought that it would make her well rounded for her future roll. She seems to have been undergoing her education for quite some time also. I think it's safe to say that she is getting an extensive one as well. Though she might not be as old as her Crown Princely cousins are, she may be just as educated if not more.

Often it is better for a person in Crown Princess Victoria's type of role to have studied/experinced many different subjects as opposed to one or two.

On June 7 2007 crownprincess Victoria graduated from the Diplomat programme

A year goes by so fast. Today crownprincess Victoria graduated from the diplomat programme, as one of 20 students.
- It feels good, but it´s a bit sad to leave the class, Victoria said when the whole group posed for one last photo together.
Everyone was in high spirits when they gathered to take the class photograph, and to receive flowers.

article: Aftonbladet: Grattis till examen Victoria!

Last edited:
Yennie said:
On June 7 2007 crownprincess Victoria graduated from the Diplomat programme

article: Aftonbladet: Grattis till examen Victoria!

Oh, dear. I haven't got a clue on the article, but congratulations to CP Victoria! :flowers:

I wonder what's next on her education? If one would take into consideration all her studies, she's beyond PhD level now!

monica17 said:
Oh, dear. I haven't got a clue on the article, but congratulations to CP Victoria! :flowers:

I wonder what's next on her education? If one would take into consideration all her studies, she's beyond PhD level now!

Yes, good question. Maybe an social issue wouldn´t be bad now.
IMO it simply would be better, if she would do something more education-wise.
Not because I think, she would need it...but if she would work now full-time with duties, she also would be obliged to do some big things like trips for the Swedish trade.
And then the engagement question would be debated in all kind of ways. Usually a cluster of journalists is following at these trips, there are press meetings with interviews and so on.
And while she was in the diplomacy course, one could have always said "No wedding, she is busy with the diplomacy course"
In the beginning there was the idea, that she would also do the internship, that the "ordinary" graduates are starting these days. As it seems this is not the case (I´m not surprised...she has more than enough experience with internships in embassies...and Victoria never ever would skip her beloved summer vacation. In the past 10 years, she never did and I think she never will ;))
This week Svensk Damtidning is speculating about Daniel firstly wanting to have a big success in the business world and so he´d want the Brazil hotel project succeeding before a possible wedding. If that would be true, one would need to fill at least 5 more years with internships and training programmes for Victoria :rolleyes:

I think Victoria is such a wonderful example to young women. I know that a lot of people hound her about getting married. Some even call her a spinster, which is infuriating to me, because she is still very young. Many women today are getting married and having kids later in life, and stats say those marriages last longer and are happier in general with a greater chance for success.

She is pursuing her educational goals admirabley, carrying on with her duties. She is not wining. She has an attractive man whom she seems happy with. They've been together for awhile, he does his thing, she does hers. They are a good balance.

I agree they have been together for a long time and probably will end up getting married. But, even if they don't, she is a strong woman and is showing hey, look I don't need to be married to be complete. I will get married when I am ready, when I have pursued my goals and my dreams. Then she will be ready to move onto the new dreams of marriage, husband, children.

I think the pressure for her to marry comes from others, IMO she seems perfectly happy and I hope she will be happily married one day with lots of kids and tells her own daughters to pursue their dreams and life their life according to their own time tables, not that of others.

Back
Top Bottom